• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Dark

So I'm more willing to talk about it now, but needless to say I won't be trading with anyone on r/amiiboswap ever again.

So, I bought an extra Gold Mario, with the intent to trade for the last wave 3 character I don't have, Meta Knight, I worked out a deal with a guy, and he just asked for two pictures, one of the figure new in the box, and one of how it will be packaged. I agreed, and shipped it to him.

I receive Meta Knight, no issue. He then sends be an angry email, saying that there are dents on the side of the package, saying I misled him, and that the amiibo is now worthless because of it. He sends me pictures of tiny imperfections on the sides of the bubble, with a gash down the middle...CLEARLY made by the box cutter he used. I apologized, and said that the issues must have happened during shipping. He said that was impossible, and as a true amiibo collector, I would agree that this would be unacceptable. He now wants me to replace the Meta Knight (which is impossible since I opened it like I do all my amiibo) or buy another Gold Mario and replace his, paying for both my and the return shipping.

This comes after:

1. He never said he cared about packaging condition any time during the dealings.
2. He was fine with everything that came before.
3. I GUARANTEE that if he was to put it on eBay he would still get $40-$50 for it.

Needless to say, he has been placed on my gmail ignore list, but knowing how...insane r/amiibo can be, I get the feeling I'm about to get permabanned. Sorry to vent, I'm just really pissed about the whole situation.

Holy crap, some people are just... the worst.

SaviourMK2

Zero Suit Samus will be announced tomorrow as a Victoria's Secret exclusive let's gooooooooo!

2630972-0507794141-zlCfzSVRmjE9Agb0qz

10991431_951234084887799_1287953123714256705_n.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo Australia tweeted out an image earlier today showing SMB Bowser compatibility with Mario Kart 8.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAUNZ/status/583056531878502400

Wonder what the suit will look like, and if we will get any more!
Why isn't the SSB version of Bowser's amiibo listed, though?? I mean, granted, I sure wouldn't mind more costumes to go with the 2nd DLC pack (which I oh so hope we get footage tomorrow), but makes me a bit skeptical that it might've just been a mistake.

MODS, IF THIS IS NOT COMPLIANT WITH THE RULES. DELETE PLEASE.

AmiiboCheki has merged to PygeHD!

We have teamed up with PygeHD to give you the lowest prices! Amiibos such as Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer are available!

http://pygehd.com

Automatically, orders more than 1 will automatically be cancelled.

jls

Neo Member
Why isn't the SSB version of Bowser's amiibo listed, though?? I mean, granted, I sure wouldn't mind more costumes to go with the 2nd DLC pack (which I oh so hope we get footage tomorrow), but makes me a bit skeptical that it might've just been a mistake.

Yes I am a little unsure too but if they just picked some generic image of SMB amiibo, it would likely include Toad, right? I was also going to suggest that maybe they didn't want to be repetitive, but then I realized they have Mario, Peach, Luigi, etc. so there goes that theory of efficiency haha. Hopefully we find out tomorrow.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yes I am a little unsure too but if they just picked some generic image of SMB amiibo, it would likely include Toad, right? I was also going to suggest that maybe they didn't want to be repetitive, but then I realized they have Mario, Peach, Luigi, etc. so there goes that theory of efficiency haha. Hopefully we find out tomorrow.
Now I'm imagining a Toad outfit for Mii where the helmet looks like his head. But yeah, I feel like tomorrow's Direct will confirm if we're getting more costumes or not.

Brian★;158356312 said:

We have teamed up with PygeHD to give you the lowest prices! Amiibos such as Villager, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer are available!

What's shipping for the US cost?

jls

Neo Member
Now I'm imagining a Toad outfit for Mii where the helmet looks like his head. But yeah, I feel like tomorrow's Direct will confirm if we're getting more costumes or not.

Oooh, I want that! That sounds like a perfect way to implement it.

Shun

What's shipping for the US cost?

It doesn't ship there.

Brian★;158356312 said:

I caught this as you posted it and ordered Pit, Marth, Villager and WFT.

Shipping total for the 4 to me in the US was 12.25 USD (for which I am extremely grateful for!) Thank you, I never thought I'd be able to get them at all.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
this is why we need costume alt amiibos

Gold Mario at Walmart, パンツ Zero Suit Samus at Victoria Secret. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

mugwhump

Brian★;158356312 said:

Welp, ordered falcon to a border house. It'll cost like $35 CAD all told but at least I don't have to worry about it any more. Hope the trip isn't too much of a pita.

ZeroX03

Banned
Brian★;158356312 said:

How so cheap for some of those? Cost price Japanese?

Shun

Placed an order. Gonna hope things go through smoothly.

After paypal fees for 4, it would come to about 14 USD per amiibo.

For 5, it would be 17 USD.

6 would be 19 USD.

That's how prices will scale to account for shipping for those trying to go through this site for those shipping to the United States.

mugwhump

Placed an order. Gonna hope things go through smoothly.

After paypal fees for 4, it would come to about 14 USD per amiibo.

For 5, it would be 17 USD.

6 would be 19 USD.

That's how prices will scale to account for shipping for those trying to go through this site for those shipping to the United States.

What? That's weird. And I was regretting only ordering 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom