• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Man, I just got into a relationship and things are going great. But money is definitely tight. Getting two of each amiibo is not helping at all. She actually knows about my little amiibo hobby and she finds it cute, and while I enjoy it, I'm starting to notice how much money I'm burning trying to collect these things. I feel like I could spend this money on more productive things like dates on the GF or even saving to get something better in the future.

Idk, I need someone's perspective on this!

Cut down with Amiibo by just buy one per Amiibo. If you ran out of money then just sell your boxed Amiibo to collectors for some money to pay off your other amiibo.

Man, I just got into a relationship and things are going great. But money is definitely tight. Getting two of each amiibo is not helping at all. She actually knows about my little amiibo hobby and she finds it cute, and while I enjoy it, I'm starting to notice how much money I'm burning trying to collect these things. I feel like I could spend this money on more productive things like dates on the GF or even saving to get something better in the future.

Prioritise on the rare ones, you can get things like Mario or Link much later on. Your girl thinks it's cute and that's good but taking her out for a nice meal also will probably do wonders.

Drago

You're gonna have to break up with her. Tell her, "it's not you, it's
a
mii
bo
"

jls

Neo Member
Good morning! :) I was recently approved after waiting for months and I've been following this thread since #2! I can't wait for the direct tomorrow! Hopefully preorders come soon!

jon_dojah

Banned
Just got this email from bigbadtoystore. My import Lucario and Meta Knight I preordered back in January were cancelled.

Hello,

When our supplier offered us a wide selection of the wildly popular Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figures, we jumped at the chance to list preorders knowing our customers would be excited and eager to purchase them. Unfortunately, we have just been informed that the manufacturer vastly oversold the quantity they had available so our supplier is unable to fill not only our orders, but orders to other retailers as well.

We have made every effort to source these items elsewhere but have been unsuccessful in our attempts to secure stock so we have no choice but to cancel all preorders for the following items:

NIN10025 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Diddy King (Donkey Kong)
NIN10027 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Little Mark (Punch-Out)
NIN10028 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Pit (Kid Icarus)
NIN10029 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
NIN10035 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Ike (Fire Emblem)
NIN10039 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
NIN10040 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Mega Man (Mega Man)
NIN10030 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Lucario (Pokemon)
NIN10031 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Rosetta (Super Mario Galaxy)
NIN10036 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Meta Knight (Kirby)
NIN10038 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
NIN10013 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Fox Mccloud (Star Fox)

This list includes the affected Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure(s) that you have preordered.
We apologize deeply for the inconvenience and disappointment this causes you and we understand how frustrating it is to anticipate an item only to find out it will not be available after all.

We truly appreciate your understanding and continued business.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care

crimnos

Just got this email from bigbadtoystore. My import Lucario and Meta Knight I preordered back in January were cancelled.

Hello,

When our supplier offered us a wide selection of the wildly popular Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figures, we jumped at the chance to list preorders knowing our customers would be excited and eager to purchase them. Unfortunately, we have just been informed that the manufacturer vastly oversold the quantity they had available so our supplier is unable to fill not only our orders, but orders to other retailers as well.

BBTS Customer Care

No! Not Little Mark!!

AdanVC

Are you guys ready for moar amiibo announcement tomorrow?? Splatoon amiibo, wave 5, wave 4 preorders and of course lot's and lot's of dissapointment and scalpers and suffering. I'm not ready tbh.

Good morning! :) I was recently approved after waiting for months and I've been following this thread since #2! I can't wait for the direct tomorrow! Hopefully preorders come soon!

Yayyyy welcome! :D More people on Amiibo-GAF is always nice.

bumpkin

Hello,

We have made every effort to source these items elsewhere but have been unsuccessful in our attempts to secure stock so we have no choice but to cancel all preorders for the following items:

NIN10025 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Diddy King (Donkey Kong)
NIN10027 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Little Mark (Punch-Out)
NIN10028 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Pit (Kid Icarus)
NIN10029 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Captain Falcon (F-Zero)
NIN10035 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Ike (Fire Emblem)
NIN10039 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog)
NIN10040 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Mega Man (Mega Man)
NIN10030 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Lucario (Pokemon)
NIN10031 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Rosetta (Super Mario Galaxy)
NIN10036 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Meta Knight (Kirby)
NIN10038 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
NIN10013 Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Fox Mccloud (Star Fox)

This list includes the affected Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure(s) that you have preordered.
We apologize deeply for the inconvenience and disappointment this causes you and we understand how frustrating it is to anticipate an item only to find out it will not be available after all.

We truly appreciate your understanding and continued business.

Sincerely,

BBTS Customer Care
Weird. I got that email too, and the only amiibo I've preordered from them and received a month or two ago was an import Rosalina.

Briarios

I just found a Toad in the wild here in Tampa. It was at Target, and it was the only one out from the Super Mario line ... Weird, huh? Well, it was on sale, so I snagged it.

jmizzal

I just found a Toad in the wild here in Tampa. It was at Target, and it was the only one out from the Super Mario line ... Weird, huh? Well, it was on sale, so I snagged it.

Is Toad hard to find?

Edit only 1 target has him in stock in 50 mile range of my house, my have to pick him up

Briarios

Around here he is, it was the first one I've seen ... And I've checked a lot of stores. Reports on here have been that it isnt impossible to find.

I got that same e-mail from Big Bad Toystore too.

I had Shulk pre-ordered. :(

I'll probably end up having to pay ebay crazy prices for him. I want him so badly. :(

Maitiú

Came to post this, looks like another Smash amiibo, making it now 2 smash amiibo characters that they are keeping secret. If the rumors of two new characters being available are true, then I guess one of these is brains and the other is brawn.

It sounds like you're on the right track, stepping back to look at your other priorities and questioning if amiibo might be interfering a bit too much with them. We're only halfway through, so if you're trying to complete the whole set twice over, you're looking at about another $700 (only including the smash amiibo). It's always about finding a balance, and if your budget won't let you collect the entire collection twice over without also compromising the moments you want to create with your girlfriend or saving money up for other purchases, then maybe you should let go of the idea of buying the collection twice over, for the sake of your greater happiness.

Ignition365

Neo Member
Maitiú;158289103 said:
Came to post this, looks like another Smash amiibo, making it now 2 smash amiibo characters that they are keeping secret. If the rumors of two new characters being available are true, then I guess one of these is brains and the other is brawn. .

I said it early on that it was likely when they said no paid dlc they were planning on DLC through amiibos. Not that you'll have that opportunity, but I've been saying to people to hold onto the Mewtwo codes, because if it's amiibo based DLC, you won't even use the code if you are collecting.

jls

Neo Member
I pity your soul for it's now trapped here forever.

I've been trapped, only now it's official haha.

Yayyyy welcome! :D More people on Amiibo-GAF is always nice.

Thanks! Still getting used to this quoting system, sorry if there are any technical errors. It's definitely slowed down a lot from other threads, and I'm not sure if this is due to all the other forms of communication, a lack of information, or likely both.

Maitiú;158289103 said:
Came to post this, looks like another Smash amiibo, making it now 2 smash amiibo characters that they are keeping secret. If the rumors of two new characters being available are true, then I guess one of these is brains and the other is brawn.

Assuming the Brains vs Brawn thing is true at all, I think odds are both refer to Mewtwo rather than two distinct characters. Mega Mewtwo Y has the highest special attack of any Pokémon (brains) while Mega Mewtwo X has the highest physical attack of any Pokémon (brawn). And it makes sense that they would integrate his new forms, given that both Lucario and Charizard have mega evolutions as their Final Smashes.

Zubz

Banned
Assuming the Brains vs Brawn thing is true at all, I think odds are both refer to Mewtwo rather than two distinct characters. Mega Mewtwo Y has the highest special attack of any Pokémon (brains) while Mega Mewtwo X has the highest physical attack of any Pokémon (brawn). And it makes sense that they would integrate his new forms, given that both Lucario and Charizard have mega evolutions as their Final Smashes.

Yeah. That makes the most sense to me, that both Mega Mewtwos will be involved somehow. Maybe each one is Mewtwo's Final Smash, depending on the version?

I wonder how the Splatoon Amiibo'll look.

Is this guy supposed to be in the wild already?

Just took this at my local Target:

0EL5VTSl.jpg

Neo Dark

Tomorrow's Nintendo Direct will confirm there will be no pre-orders for wave 4 in NA.
Instead, you must dress as a Smash Bros. character and fight each other for your wave 4 amiibos! IT WILL MAKE WAITING IN LINE FOR ROSALINA'S AMIIBO AT TARGET LIKE A WALK IN THE PARK!

Shauni

I won't be surprised at this point if there are no pre-orders, and even if there are, it'll probably be a mess if this May date floating around ends up being accurate. The whole amiibo thing has been a bit of a pain to deal with, but this wave in particular (as far as US goes) has really rubbed me the wrong way.

But anyway, I expect this Direct will probably detail Smash Wave 5 and SMS Wave 2. Guess it's getting about time to reveal that.

Piscus

Tomorrow's Nintendo Direct will confirm there will be no pre-orders for wave 4 in NA.
Instead, you must dress as a Smash Bros. character and fight each other for your wave 4 amiibos! IT WILL MAKE WAITING IN LINE FOR ROSALINA'S AMIIBO AT TARGET LIKE A WALK IN THE PARK!

pair up for the team division?

Maengun1

^ Tomorrow is the make or break day, IMO. If pre-orders are coming, ever, we're going to find out tomorrow.

The Wave 4s on Nintendo's website still just say "Spring 2015" right now, so I'm assuming we'll finally get a concrete release date for NA. Late April, early May, whenever.

I don't have to work again until Thursday night so I'm ready for this tomorrow.

So I'm more willing to talk about it now, but needless to say I won't be trading with anyone on r/amiiboswap ever again.

So, I bought an extra Gold Mario, with the intent to trade for the last wave 3 character I don't have, Meta Knight, I worked out a deal with a guy, and he just asked for two pictures, one of the figure new in the box, and one of how it will be packaged. I agreed, and shipped it to him.

I receive Meta Knight, no issue. He then sends be an angry email, saying that there are dents on the side of the package, saying I misled him, and that the amiibo is now worthless because of it. He sends me pictures of tiny imperfections on the sides of the bubble, with a gash down the middle...CLEARLY made by the box cutter he used. I apologized, and said that the issues must have happened during shipping. He said that was impossible, and as a true amiibo collector, I would agree that this would be unacceptable. He now wants me to replace the Meta Knight (which is impossible since I opened it like I do all my amiibo) or buy another Gold Mario and replace his, paying for both my and the return shipping.

This comes after:

1. He never said he cared about packaging condition any time during the dealings.
2. He was fine with everything that came before.
3. I GUARANTEE that if he was to put it on eBay he would still get $40-$50 for it.

Needless to say, he has been placed on my gmail ignore list, but knowing how...insane r/amiibo can be, I get the feeling I'm about to get permabanned. Sorry to vent, I'm just really pissed about the whole situation.

I would keep a window/tab open on the amazon amiibo page/maybe best buy and maybe gamestop during the direct/after the direct , the pre orders might go live after

im also trading an amiibo with someone on reddit, they are taking forever to ship out :/ really dumb

Peagles

So I'm more willing to talk about it now, but needless to say I won't be trading with anyone on r/amiiboswap ever again.

So, I bought an extra Gold Mario, with the intent to trade for the last wave 3 character I don't have, Meta Knight, I worked out a deal with a guy, and he just asked for two pictures, one of the figure new in the box, and one of how it will be packaged. I agreed, and shipped it to him.

I receive Meta Knight, no issue. He then sends be an angry email, saying that there are dents on the side of the package, saying I misled him, and that the amiibo is now worthless because of it. He sends me pictures of tiny imperfections on the sides of the bubble, with a gash down the middle...CLEARLY made by the box cutter he used. I apologized, and said that the issues must have happened during shipping. He said that was impossible, and as a true amiibo collector, I would agree that this would be unacceptable. He now wants me to replace the Meta Knight (which is impossible since I opened it like I do all my amiibo) or buy another Gold Mario and replace his, paying for both my and the return shipping.

This comes after:

1. He never said he cared about packaging condition any time during the dealings.
3. I GUARANTEE that if he was to put it on eBay he would still get $40-$50 for it.

Needless to say, he has been placed on my gmail ignore list, but knowing how...insane r/amiibo can be, I get the feeling I'm about to get permabanned. Sorry to vent, I'm just really pissed about the whole situation.

Sounds like he's trying to scam you, to be honest.

This comes after:

042.gif

Send him this

Einbroch

Banned

This comes after:

The bolded is cringeworthy. It's coming from someone who takes collecting too seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom