• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kubus

Damn. My Mega Man preorder was worthless, store didn't get enough.

I think I'm done. Fuck this shit.

Game Mania?

Game Mania is worthless with amiibo. Try Mediamarkt, if you have one nearby. Mine had about 15 Mega Man and 15 Sonics yesterday around 18:00 (Maastricht). Seems that MM and Sonic are fairly easy to get this wave.

Rocky

Banned
Arrgh, my Amazon DeDeDe that I ordered Wed night, still hasn't shipped. Is anyone else still waiting for theirs to ship?

Converse

Banned
Hey, amiibo folks, I have a (potentially dumb) question. Have any Americans ever ordered from eBay UK?

I can log in with my U.S. eBay account, and I found a reasonably priced Mega Man. Won't arrive till early March, but that's no big. Is it as simple as checking out and paying with PayPal, or will I be hit with some crazy requirements, roadblocks or fees?

Game Mania?

Game Mania is worthless with amiibo. Try Mediamarkt, if you have one nearby. Mine had about 15 Mega Man and 15 Sonics yesterday around 18:00 (Maastricht). Seems that MM and Sonic are fairly easy to get this wave.
Yes.

I ordered one at Bol just now. Faith restored.

Kyonashi

ok Argos stores have the new wave as "coming soon" still and when I asked for a stock check they said they're not on sale yet and they don't get Amiibos until the evenings??

EDIT: More helpful staff in the other Argos showed me their internal stock showing the new wave as going on sale on the 21st, not the 20th. also they won't get stock on Saturdays, making it the 22nd really

PUSHBULLET NOTICE
Sorry, I hope no-one gets annoyed. I want to see if this goes to everyone. (It is currently in BETA).

Did anyone receive the Yamada Denki notice?

Spades

ok Argos stores have the new wave as "coming soon" still and when I asked for a stock check they said they're not on sale yet and they don't get Amiibos until the evenings??

Similar story here. I wrote down the CAT-# for each one and took it to the till. The girl was super helpful and checked on a different computer and told me that they were listed as released tomorrow (21st), which could be a sign that they have no idea when they're getting stock.

No dice at my local GAME, either. :(

SaviourMK2

Brian★;152884250 said:
PUSHBULLET NOTICE
Sorry, I hope no-one gets annoyed. I want to see if this goes to everyone. (It is currently in BETA).

Did anyone receive the Yamada Denki notice?

I got it, I get overly excited thinking this time is Amazon Japan, alas, it's not.

Brian★;152882306 said:
PUSHBULLET NOTE
Any one got the WFT note earlier on and the Ike one right now?

What is this and why aren't people sharing links?

I don't need any of them but seems weird we aren't sharing links here.

What is this and why aren't people sharing links?

I don't need any of them but seems weird we aren't sharing links here.

We no want no more leaks ;).

We have an official Line group called AmiiboGAF - Alert and AmiiboGAF - Chat.
To be added to this group either pm Blue Namagen, ThisBeJason or Diggeh.

PLEASE DO NOT CHAT INTO THE ALERTS LINE CHAT UNLESS IT IS AN ACTUAL ALERT. THERE ARE PEOPLE SLEEPING.

We also have a Pushbullet service made by me, which can be seen here.
Brian★;152693489 said:
AmiiboGAF Pushbullet Service (now in BETA)
__
Welcome to the AmiiboGAF Pushbullet Tracking Service post. In this post we will begin to introduce Pushbullet, how to use it and the technical limits.

What is Pushbullet?
Pushbullet is an application that uses Android Notification/iOS Push Notifications to push stuff to your phone. Basically it's computer -> notification on your iPhone.

How to use Pushbullet?
First of all, head over to http://www.pushbullet.com and Sign up using Gmail or Facebook. Complete the prompts and download the app on your iOS device/Android. Login with the same Gmail/Facebook account to pair your device. You should be ready to go!

How to use AmiiboGAF's Tracking Service?
Head on over to https://www.pushbullet.com/channel?tag=amiibogaf and subscribe. Then you should start receiving notifications.

Technical Limitations
Right now, Pushbullet only accepts RSS Feeds for automated goodness. So I created an AmiiboGAF wordpress (amiibogaf.wordpress.com) and used that RSS feed for Pushbullet.

Best Buy amiibos are automated for now (as of IFTTT). We plan to make other stores automated as well, but that doesn't seem possible right now. What we can do however is get collaborators to post when an Amiibo is up.

Collaborators
We're in look for Collaborators right now. Since I'm currently in the ADST time zone. I will need people from the
- PST time zone (California, I'm pretty sure)
- EST time zone (New York)
and
- GMT time zone (England)

Please, we urgently need collaborators to make this work. If you want to be one, contact me.

I hope this Pushbullet service works out. Have fun receiving your amiibos.

Kisses
- Brain

Neo Dark

Brian★;152885153 said:
there's no private option for PushBullet sadly. TT_TT

Yeah I was just thinking of this. Wouldn't this just be all the same. On top of that, you're handing over a notification system to them. At least before, lurkers had to go through the trouble of lurking. If they add themselves to the PushBullet system, won't it just be easier for them to join the notifications and get constant updates without even having to lurk?

SaviourMK2

Brian★;152884370 said:
whats wrong? You can still buy from Yamada Denki.

Well being unempoyed atm, I can't really afford to spend extra money on Amiibos. Everything I get is through PTC Gift cards (Gamestop, Amazon, and a $15 Gift card for TRU, Best Buy and Target). Earning PayPal money is trickier than gift crds (as they generally cost almost twice as many points as gift cards).

With Amazon Japan, I know I can cancel without hassle, I'm not familiar with the other companies, so i don't know how difficult it is to cancel.

And since these Amiibos aren't being released until April, I still have time to get my car fixed up and lower myself to a simple delivery job to hod me over until i earn my CLD

Kyonashi

is it me or were MM, DDD, Sonic and Shulk not up on Tesco Directs website until now? they're still not available to buy but still.

Still no damn Meta Knight though...

EDIT: No Villager stock in my ten Argos either :/

JoeM86

Wow, the UK amiibo situation is bad. A friend just had his Shulk cancelled...by Nintendo UK. Yikes. You would think that'd be the one shop to get enough stock.

Wow, the UK amiibo situation is bad. A friend just had his Shulk cancelled...by Nintendo UK. Yikes.

Man, they were our go to place for them.

The situation is just getting stupid now. The fact that they have more waves announced yet they can't keep stock going for the previous ones is just insane.

Spades

Wow, the UK amiibo situation is bad. A friend just had his Shulk cancelled...by Nintendo UK. Yikes. You would think that'd be the one shop to get enough stock.

At this rate, I'd be amazed if anyone in the UK saw any of the newest wave in the wild anywhere.

Brian★;152884787 said:
We no want no more leaks ;).

We have an official Line group called AmiiboGAF - Alert and AmiiboGAF - Chat.
To be added to this group either pm Blue Namagen, ThisBeJason or Diggeh.

PLEASE DO NOT CHAT INTO THE ALERTS LINE CHAT UNLESS IT IS AN ACTUAL ALERT. THERE ARE PEOPLE SLEEPING.

We also have a Pushbullet service made by me, which can be seen here.

This pretty much renders this thread useless for links to preorders then?

Who decided this was the direction this thread was going? I don't like it.

H1PSTER

And funnily enough I was basically flamed in the other thread for trolling when I said it was bad in the UK.

Cheers guys, much love.

Kyonashi

Nope, I checked last night and they were not there.

Worth keeping an eye on then I guess. Still don't understand why all but MK would get product pages.

And funnily enough I was basically flamed in the other thread for trolling when I said it was bad in the UK.

Cheers guys, much love.
The situation in the UK does suck. At least if you put in the effort and queue in the US you can be fairly certain staff will have put out the new stock. Of the seven stores I visited at 9am this morning, only TRU had the new wave out, and it was only Mega Man and a couple Sonics. And this is in a pretty large UK city.

kubus

Amazon DE has shipped my Sonic, Mega Man and King Dedede. No news on my Meta Knight and Shulk from Game Mania.

Apparently you had to have a preorder on or before Dec 17 to get a Shulk , Metaknight or Dedede from Game Mania. Otherwise, you're SOL.

Great system they have in place there.

Made worse by all the importing occurring into the USA. Honestly our situation is starting to be just as bad if not worse. Wave 4 pre-orders on AMAZON sold out in the 90 minutes between them going up and me being able to check, largely because of all the imports. Previous waves were up for days before people realised en masse that they could order them shipped to the US.

It's honestly a bit irritating that NoA's terrible system for rolling out Amiibo is starting to have such a large effect on us.

Rocky

Banned
Made worse by all the importing occurring into the USA. Honestly our situation is starting to be just as bad if not worse. Wave 4 pre-orders on AMAZON sold out in the 90 minutes between them going up and me being able to check, largely because of all the imports. Previous waves were up for days before people realised en masse that they could order them shipped to the US.

It's honestly a bit irritating that NoA's terrible system for rolling out Amiibo is starting to have such a large effect on us.

You're bitching about 90 minutes? Here in the US, most preorders are gone in less than 90 SECONDS. We would kill for 90 minutes of availability for preorders.

Kyonashi

You're bitching about 90 minutes? Here in the US, most preorders are gone in less than 90 SECONDS. We would kill for 90 minutes of availability for preorders.

I do think it's swings and roundabouts though because the retail situation is far better in the US. Online is pretty much the only way for us to get Amiibo in the UK due to the abysmal store stock.

I mean I don't know how long they were actually up for, but the point was it's crazy how much US importing due to God only know what NOA is doing is having an effect on the UK supply chain. Gone from essentially readily available with pre-orders to orders cancelled en masse, and stuff up for minutes rather than days. Really making an already tough thing more difficult.

EDIT: Dropped into GAME on the way in to class, they had one Meta Knight on the counter and it was apparently a pre-order and that's all they had of wave 3B for that store. welp.

Happy Wave 4 day!
Checked Argos and their in store catalogue doesn't have wave 4 yet :(
Heading to Toys R Us later today :

Worth keeping an eye on then I guess. Still don't understand why all but MK would get product pages.

The situation in the UK does suck. At least if you put in the effort and queue in the US you can be fairly certain staff will have put out the new stock. Of the seven stores I visited at 9am this morning, only TRU had the new wave out, and it was only Mega Man and a couple Sonics. And this is in a pretty large UK city.

Plus, I hate GAME. But at least we don't have Amiibo retailer exclusives like NA.

SaviourMK2

I know, it's really starting to affect my love/care for these things at all. I mean, I WANT to preorder them, but honestly, it's a fucking hassle at this point.
The only amiibo I wanted was pushed back to March (Don't fucking beat around the bush, Feb 25th is just as much March as it actually is Feb). Preorders being limited, cancelled.

Then you have grade A scum like that guy who preordered 20 Toads at his GameStop then sold them online successfully for $35 a piece, thanks to enabling inbred idiots.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I agreed. It's really annoying to deal with due to Nintendo's inability to deal with supplies and demands.

Sora_N

They were up on AmiAmi but fucking sold out, here starts the frustration again. I prefer to buy from AmiAmi instead of keeping my UK order (cheaper to import from Japan for shipping).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom