• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 5 | Because we didn't preorder thread 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

illgrillchill

Neo Member
Hey all,
Question: I'm looking for a US New In Box Meta Knight.

I have the following available for trade - Fox, Pit, and Lucario.

Are any of these fair trades? I'm a big noob to the concept of trading, but I think the Lucario and Pit are equitable.

Thoguhts?

Shauni

Reading through this thread makes me glad I went with the pre-order strategy over the hunt. I'm sure it can be fun, but the lack of results and the frustration I read makes me glad I didn't go that route. The only amiibo that I've really missed that I personally wanted was Captain Falcon, but eh, I can live without it. I've gotten all the ones I really wanted.

Now, wave 4, where you at, you son(s) of (a) bitch(es)?

Roubjon

He's gone.

Jin-006.gif

Omg my luck has been absolutely awful these past two days.

So are we just going to continue splintering off

Wasn't happy with the Canadian thread (I am Canadian) and now this.

:(

I already can't keep up with it. Their thread moves too fast. And they are calling this thread the USA thread...... We have people from all around the world here. I guess next will be Canada, NZ, Aussies, South America, and all Asian countries to get their own thread too. Right.

Piscus

I already can't keep up with it. Their thread moves too fast. And they are calling this thread the USA thread...... We have people from all around the world here. I guess next will be Canada, NZ, Aussies, South America, and all Asian countries to get their own thread too. Right.

Forget that. I'm gonna make a Las Vegas dedicated amiibo thread.

Hey all,

Are any of these fair trades? I'm a big noob to the concept of trading, but I think the Lucario and Pit are equitable.

Thoguhts?

Probably Fox and Lucario for Meta. Or Pit and Fox. Meta looks to be the rarest of wave 3. Or just Lucario for Meta. Not too bad.

Forget that. I'm gonna make a Las Vegas dedicated amiibo thread.

Oh great idea! I'll make a Bay Area only thread. Then I'll make an East Bay only thread. That'll work.

Hey all,

Thoguhts?
The exclusives are so problematic. If you get a gaf Amiibro purist it should be one for one no matter what ha. But...... Lucario and Pit should be close enough. If u go by eBay value MK is highest of those but it's new and people are freaking out. Lucario has had a small restock it seems. But I think you may find someone that ordered 2 MK and be looking our for Lucario or Pit.

Both Best Buys I went to said they had lines when they opened. I asked at both how many extras they had when they opened and they said none. The lines were simply people picking up their preorders. Crazy. Mega Man and Meta Knight seemed to be the most popular. One person said more people were interested in Mega Man than Meta Knight.

The exclusives are so problematic. If you get a gaf Amiibro purist it should be one for one no matter what ha. But...... Lucario and Pit should be close enough. If u go by eBay value MK is highest of those but it's new and people are freaking out. Lucario has had a small restock it seems. But I think you may find someone that ordered 2 MK and be looking our for Lucario or Pit.

Well said. Whatever the trade, just as long as both parties are happy we shouldn't really have a say.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*checks Best Buy's site, Meta Knight still sold out/not available*

*goes back to doing college assignments*

Ludist210

Hey all,

Thoguhts?
Most people here are okay with a one-for-one regardless of rarity. Most of us are in it for collecting, not for profit. So any of those are fair game, but you'll probably find someone wanting your Pit or Lucario more than likely.

Both Best Buys I went to said they had lines when they opened. I asked at both how many extras they had when they opened and they said none. The lines were simply people picking up their preorders. Crazy. Mega Man and Meta Knight seemed to be the most popular. One person said more people were interested in Mega Man than Meta Knight.

I think it is funny that people know how shitty Best Buy is with preoders that they need to line up at opening to make sure they get theirs.

Xamdou

Just got my Meta-Knight from bestbuy but they put the sticker on the top part of the box art and when I peeled it off the art got ruined smh :(

Shauni

No wave that includes the Pac and Ness can suck.

Unless you meaning finding/waiting for their preorders, then I'm inclined to agree.

Piscus

Just got my Meta-Knight from bestbuy but they put the sticker on the top part of the box art and when I peeled it off the art got ruined smh :(

I never understood that crap. There is an enormous piece of plastic to put the sticker onto. Why do they put it anywhere on the cardboard?? Same goes for gamestop...

I really wish I knew about that before hand...

I was thinking about that but I planned to have him sealed in mint condition but this simply isn't the case no more.

You could sell it because I'm sure there are people who want meta knight who don't care about the packaging, then rebuy a mint condition one?

Might be worth posting on Craigslist a trade plus $5 or $10? You get their mint one, they get yours since they're going to open anyways? Or yeah just buy a mint one and sell your not super mint. Might still lose out on a little $...

Grym

They've been stocking amiibos since the beginning. The great part is, not many know about them so it gives us at least a chance.

people must be catching on...can't currently connect to their site. Servers must have overloaded with amiibo hunters

Xamdou

I never understood that crap. There is an enormous piece of plastic to put the sticker onto. Why do they put it anywhere on the cardboard?? Same goes for gamestop...

Agreed, the plastic part would have been the best place for that sticker.

You could sell it because I'm sure there are people who want meta knight who don't care about the packaging, then rebuy a mint condition one?

I really like the dark shadowing part of his helmet, but yea nice suggestion and I will keep it in mind!

I think it is funny that people know how shitty Best Buy is with preoders that they need to line up at opening to make sure they get theirs.

Heh, it's the reason I make sure to go the same day they're available. It's too bad they open at 10 though otherwise I'd go when they open. I still have to hit one more Best Buy at lunch to get the last figure I preordered. What irked me was when I picked up Sonic, last week, the Best Buy employee said darn, he was hoping that wouldn't get picked up since that was the last one. That didn't put any confidence in me that pre-orders wouldn't suddenly go missing....

i saw some stickers like that at my best buy, mine were luckily on the plastic part, i hate taking stickers off cover arts , happens when i go thrifting a lot
:(

I walked into Best Buy and they have one Sheik here. I also have GCU. Should I buy it?

i didnt see any shieks when i went to toys r us and they had 15 last week, shiek is cool too B^)

they over sold the smash brothers bundle and when i went at 5 pm to pick it up there were 4 people that couldnt get one, it sucked
i took no chances so i went right at opening :p

Davey Cakes

Well, looks like the Toon Link stock on Amazon US is almost gone again. Best seller indeed.

EDIT: My nearest Target is out of stock too. For a moment I thought the demand had waned!

Rizific

I walked into Best Buy and they have one Sheik here. I also have GCU. Should I buy it?

why does this question constantly pop up in this thread. if its one you want, then obviously buy it. if you're collecting and you dont have it, then buy it. if youre wondering if you should buy it because of how much you can scalp it for, then take a hike. honestly if you really have to ask if you should buy it, then just leave it for someone who actually wants it.

Cotrip

Hey guys, sorry if I missed a post about this, but how's the megaman amiibo availability right now? Did a quick searching and couldn't find it on amazon or bestbuy. I imagine it will be gone in no time... :(

Maggots

Banned

GAMESTOP IS THE WORST when it comes to stickers on CRAP

How about no stickers at all... no one needs to know where they JUST purchased something from...

rjinaz

Hey guys, sorry if I missed a post about this, but how's the megaman amiibo availability right now? Did a quick searching and couldn't find it on amazon or bestbuy. I imagine it will be gone in no time... :(

Can't get it online. Some stores might have it. Basically right now it's pretty hard to get unless you get lucky. Every once in a while an online store puts it up, they last mere minutes. Happened today.

Covering damageable parts with stickers is really the most gamestop thing that gamestop can do though. Like it's part of their branding or something. Unnecessary stickers.

why does this question constantly pop up in this thread. if its one you want, then obviously buy it. if you're collecting and you dont have it, then buy it. if youre wondering if you should buy it because of how much you can scalp it for, then take a hike. honestly if you really have to ask if you should buy it, then just leave it for someone who actually wants it.
Sorry, this was me being funny and stating the obvious. I thought including the GCU part would give it away. :)

Should have remembered to report in after my first few posts.
I got to BB around 9:10 and there were only 3 cars there; one with one person, one with two and one that was empty I guess...maybe left there overnight?

In the time I waited there with my mom (who was sweet enough to go with me and help me get another for my friend..but we were going to get something for my dad for his B-day today anyways) there was a work van that pulled buy with an older dude (maybe scalper? lol) and another car with this very old woman driving her neckbeard son. Both ended up stopping for a few minutes and then left.

Around 9:50, everyone got out of their cars and my friend happened to get there just in time too, so we all got out and prepared to wait. There was about 7 of us, and the employees were nice enough to let us wait inside. Cleveland's negative 10 degree weather was a deterrent I guess....or other people misread the sign and saw the 11 am opening.

There was enough Meta for all of us (7 in total on the shelf) and no one had preordered so we were incredibly happy. There was two Mega Mans and I happened to grab one too. Not waiting around for Gamestop to end up delaying another amiibo for me.

aoxh0wd.jpg

I guess technically I do have an extra Rosalina now for trade. I've been able to score all the other exclusives but I have a few people I'd like to check with before I put her all the way up for trade. I'd be in the market for a swap for Dedede or Ike since those are the two of mine that got delayed.

*Wakes Up*
*Sees 15 new pages*

DAMN.

It makes more sense after reading that Wave 3B was released in EU today aswell since I already thought they were out but thats alot of posts...and I'll read ever one of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom