• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amiibo Thread 6 | We're up all night to get salty

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

New Target amiibo memo

Robin and Lucina are going to be unicorns if there was ever any doubt. And no replenishes. Shocking I tell you!

"Characters will likely sold out the day of the release. They will not be replenished."

Welp, there goes my 1% of hope of stock improving for amiibo in america. 29th will be truly like black friday but with 95% more salt and disaster and rage... and so on until something seriously bad happen like an accident or a fight or something. Hope you're happy NoA.

They are. Well Jiggly anyway. Though you know they will go fast.

Depends on how many Jiggypuff's they have at each store, some stores might have more than others..will be happy with just Jigglypuff and Silver Mario, since TRU opens here at 10am I can hop on the bus and get the rest

rjinaz

"Characters will likely sold out the day of the release. They will not be replenished."

Welp, there goes my 1% of hope of stock improving for amiibo in america. 29th will be truly like black friday but with 95% more salt and disaster and rage... and so on until something seriously bad happen like an accident or a fight or something. Hope you're happy NoA.

Well the good news is (if you can call it that), outside of Robin and Lucina it seems like many stores are getting a good amount of stock to last the day. Even Greninja and Jiggly. So if you can make it to a store that morning your chances are pretty darn good. If not, then good luck.

Depends on how many Jiggypuff's they have at each store, some stores might have more than others..will be happy with just Jigglypuff and Silver Mario, since TRU opens here at 10am I can hop on the bus and get the rest

Sorry, I was referring to Jiggly being sold online on the 29th.

-Horizon-

NoA right now:

vPesMQs.gif
vPesMQs.gif

lolwtf

where is this from?

Rocky

Banned

Man, I'm just waiting to hear about someone bringing a gun to one of these lineups. With the way these waves are getting worse and worse, it feels like that may happen anytime now.

AdanVC

Well the good news is (if you can call it that), outside of Robin and Lucina it seems like many stores are getting a good amount of stock to last the day. Even Greninja and Jiggly. So if you can make it to a store that morning your chances are pretty darn good. If not, then good luck.

Sorry, I was referring to Jiggly being sold online on the 29th.

Now I understand why NoA hasn't promoted or mentioned something about wave 4 amiibo on their social network accounts... like nothing at all actually! They already know how badly things are going to get with amiibo this friday so they prefer to stay silent about it. Sighh

Man, I'm just waiting to hear about someone bringing a gun to one of these lineups. With the way these waves are getting worse and worse, it feels like that may happen anytime now.

Nooooo omfg. That's actually what I'm fearing the most at this point! :S Been reading stuff of people punching walls at stores when they can't find the amiibo they were looking for and stuff...

Nighteater

Neo Member
Now I understand why NoA hasn't promoted or mentioned something about wave 4 amiibo on their social network accounts... like nothing at all actually! They already know how badly things are going to get with amiibo this friday so they prefer to stay silent about it. Sighh
They usually promote them days after stock have come and gone.

rjinaz

Well it probably hasn't happened because before this wave things weren't all that bad if you preordered, and you had plenty of time to. Well that and the sleaziest of people have been able to get their hands on them by cheating the system (using more than one account online, bringing people with them to stand in lines).

But yeah this wave is by far the worst (limited and quickly sold out) and people are likely going to be more desperate. Some of these things can be sold for $50 a pop and that's needed money for some people. That last wave had stories of fights in stores so I'm a bit afraid for what this wave and future waves will bring.

HardRojo

I made some space for my Amiibo yesterday since I'll be getting more when Wave 4 arrives and I have yet to get plenty of the common ones. It still needs some cleaning but it'll do for now since there's enough space for at least 60 more of them in their package.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Moved my stuff around and final made a decent set up for them. I plan on opening the back row at some point. Probably when I actually have all the ones I want. Evangelions had to sneak into the pic.

Free theeeeeeeeem

-Horizon-

Moved my stuff around and final made a decent set up for them. I plan on opening the back row at some point. Probably when I actually have all the ones I want. Evangelions had to sneak into the pic.

This reminds me that I STILL need to go out and buy some poster frames -.-

Josh5890

New Target amiibo memo

Robin and Lucina are going to be unicorns if there was ever any doubt. And no replenishes. Shocking I tell you!

Reddit seems to believe that it is a limit of two amiibos total per customer. Circular ad says one thing. Memo says another. Who knows what is going to happen next friday.

I was planning on getting Jigglypuff, Silver Mario, Lucina, and Robin but now it looks like I'm going to have to make tough decisions.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Reddit seems to believe that it is a limit of two amiibos total per customer. Circular ad says one thing. Memo says another. Who knows what is going to happen next friday.

I was planning on getting Jigglypuff, Silver Mario, Lucina, and Robin but now it looks like I'm going to have to make tough decisions.

Nobody knows who to believe in this amiibo life!

New Target amiibo memo

Well when I leave my job at Walmart Friday morning at 7 looks like I have to drive across the street and hang out till they open.

My luck will be that its a low volume store though.

I went to GS and asked if the amiibos would actually be in store on the 29th and cashier told me maybe. If not try Saturday. If by Saturday they aren't there try Tuesday.

:/

Amiibro

Is that picture of your web in store order? Is there any way to check the status of mine? I ordered the bundles of Amiibo at the store

HardRojo

They did this when Wave 3 came out, this isn't news. I will be at my local Target on the 29th if I can't get a Silver Mario pre-order in, they open the earliest.

Oh, I'm not from the US and I entered the Amiibo game after Wave 3 arrived so I'm out of the loop when it comes to earlier stuff. Well I just hope people can get what they want and don't get screwed over.

Shauni

New Target amiibo memo

When it says won't be replenished, what exactly does that mean? That can't mean that they won't ever get more in, right?

Frogstep

I finally went ahead and ordered a Villager off Amazon. With Prime it came to around 26-ish, I think, and should arrive the 27th.

I also stumbled upon that $24 Mac on there and I think that's what I'll be ordering next week too. :D

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
"Hey Intelligent Systems, how's that new game looking?"
"Great! It's a turn based strategy game that's more like Valkyria Chronicles. Instead of anime people, we'll have comic book Steampunk, and the characters are based on stories (except for Abe Lincoln)."
"Cool. Say we've got these new amiibo things we want to sell. Could you put support in the game?"
"Sure. Let me see the list" *looks at list* "Four Fire Emblem characters. We could put them in the game if you use them. There will be plenty of them for sale right?"
"... Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.... just keep at it"
"I can't wait for this to sell in Japan"

kirby_fox

Banned

The first instance of someone doing that, it hits mainstream news, and none of us will ever find any amiibo afterwards because all the sleazy people will jump at a chance to buy up stuff and sell it on eBay thinking it's their ticket to riches.

So...I really hope no one does that. Plus you know, violence is bad because it's a toy after all.

So that means they won't get anymore of any of these characters from Wave 4 ever?

To me it seems that Target never had a lot of shelf-space for amiibo, and none of wave 4 seem to really be anything that is going to see a ton of stock in the first place. Besides the Splatoon characters being in mass supply?

Kilau

The first instance of someone doing that, it hits mainstream news, and none of us will ever find any amiibo afterwards because all the sleazy people will jump at a chance to buy up stuff and sell it on eBay thinking it's their ticket to riches.

So...I really hope no one does that. Plus you know, violence is bad because it's a toy after all.

To me it seems that Target never had a lot of shelf-space for amiibo, and none of wave 4 seem to really be anything that is going to see a ton of stock in the first place. Besides the Splatoon characters being in mass supply?

Target never even stocked most of wave 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom