• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs Is Now A Fully Fledged Game, Coming In Q2 2013

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs reached a major milestone last week, when thechineseroom sent us their final version of the game, representing over a year's worth of hard work. But don't get too excited just yet!

Some work is still left to be done. We are testing, tweaking, optimizing, porting, translating and all those things that are part of the process of creating and releasing a game. Currently we are looking at a release around Q2 2013.

How come a game meant for Halloween 2012 has been delayed for so long? Originally we thought it would be a short, experimental game set in the universe of Amnesia, but thechineseroom had a vision that was bigger than that. As their work progressed, the potential for a much greater project emerged. What we ended up with is no longer what we had first imagined, but a fully fledged Amnesia game. A different kind of Amnesia, but definitely not a short experiment.

More information on the game, pricing, requirements, availability and so forth coming at a later date. Stay tuned as we wrap things up!

http://www.frictionalgames.com/site/node/126

Huh, I totally thought it had released already. But if extra development time helps the game become something even better, more power to them.

Although I, too, would value a console release, but I'm not expecting that.

Kouriozan

How come a game meant for Halloween 2012 has been delayed for so long? Originally we thought it would be a short, experimental game set in the universe of Amnesia, but thechineseroom had a vision that was bigger than that. As their work progressed, the potential for a much greater project emerged. What we ended up with is no longer what we had first imagined, but a fully fledged Amnesia game. A different kind of Amnesia, but definitely not a short experiment.
I'm still sad for the delay but this is a good news, loved The Dark Descent.

dmr87

Old but something for the thread.

rLl.jpg

sLl.jpg

tLl.jpg

Consoles ain't gonna happen; the controls are definitely tailored to PC.

Glad to hear it's coming along well, and will be out (relatively) soon. I really enjoyed the first game, and the most recent trailers for this one make it look even more intense.

I'd think that Amnesia might actually work ok with motion controls, seeing as you basically approximate real movement with the mouse, like turning a crank or pushing/pulling doors closed. I'm sure that would be a decent amount of work though.

Really looking forward to this though! Amnesia is one of my absolute favorite gaming experiences ever.

Neiteio

I bought a high-end gaming PC just to play the first one. (Even though the first one hardly requires high-end hardware.) Worth every penny.

I then proceeded to gift the game to like seven people here in a Steam sale. I can't wait for this.

Poppycock! They can rework the controls. Put both Amnesia games on one disk and/or release them on PSN. Everyone should have access to the greatest horror games ever.

krishian

Can't wait, I don't need sleep anyway.

(still, would be nice to also hear what Frictional themselves are working on...)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I'm still kicking myself for not sending in my pig squeal to that one crowdsourced contest thing they had going. I love this game and have really high hopes for this especially since thechineseroom was handling it. Korsakovia was pretty freaky, it just happened to be really poorly constructed as a hacked together HL2 mod. I'd love for them to revisit that one like they did for Dear Esther, but alas i'm rambling out of the scope of the topic.

Give me a time and a place, Frictional, and i'll be there.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Excellent. I look forward to buying this game, pussying out after five minutes of gameplay, and then watching a complete playthrough on YouTube.

To release an amnesia follow up that's anything but a fully fledged game would be a lost opportunity, strike while the iron is hot this game is gonna sell like hot cakes. I'm chomping at the bit personally.

Endesu

Korsakovia was pretty freaky, it just happened to be really poorly constructed as a hacked together HL2 mod. I'd love for them to revisit that one like they did for Dear Esther, but alas i'm rambling out of the scope of the topic.

I know what you mean, I really liked Korsakovia too. Shame about all of those game-breaking crashes, made it impossible for me to finish the thing.

Definitely on board for more Amnesia. Was late to the party with the first, would love to snag this day one and shit more bricks. I hope it's harder!!

Top Bottom