• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ampere is almost Amphere!

1rPN.gif

Retinoid

Might be time to retire my 980 Ti. It has powered many games perfectly over the years but trying to run newer games at 1600p 60fps is proving too much for it. The 6GB VRAM is also a big limiting factor for next gen.

Orta

Banned
Really looking forward to the 3 series. I hope it comprehensively, ruthlessly wipes the floor with you know what.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Cmoooooon baby! Let's do this!

Just need to remember to sell before launch while I still can, and check my old RX 480 to see if it's still alive to use in the interim. :D
Same here. This report is good news if true since used cards should fetch a decent price. Gotta time it just perfectly and swap one of my sons' RX 470 with the RX 460 we have laying around. Just had a look and used 2060 Supers are going for over $350. I paid $356, and if I sell it for that or more I'm gonna have a good chuckle.

Building the 4th rig for the house. Time to pass down the 1070 and 2070S. I’m all for a new series, it feels like the 2000 series has been around for too long.

Arun1910

Going to be building a new rig for all the juicy games coming out around November, looking forward to a new 3080 Ti and the Ryzen 4000 series.

DeaDPo0L84

So I know the 2080ti is better than a 2070s, the 3080ti is rumored to be much better than the 2080ti. So upgrading from a 2070s to a 3080ti should yield a decent upgrade right?

I doubt AMD will be able to compete in the mid-high range. There hasn't been any evidence of it.

In terms of teraflops and ray tracing performance you would be right but concerning tech, it's brand new stuff the cards aren't out yet so they can't be outdated. There's still a lot of non-mainstream features which we don't know about that are included in these cards that shouldn't even be in Turing.

Hezekiah

Banned
Please release this soon. Playing RDR2 at 3440*1440 instead of 1080p has absolutely killed my framerates.

I know they're going to take the piss with their pricing though.

Rickyiez

3070 = 2080 Ti or bust , Nvidia .

That said I'm still gunning for 3080 . Ryzen 3700x + RTX3080 should last me for some time next gen , and maybe some fast NVME SSD too :pie_thinking:

Last edited:

Dr.D00p

PS5 and XSX destroyers are coming

Doesn't matter how powerful the new GPU's are, they're still only going to get sloppy seconds console ports and/or PC games that won't push them to anything like their limits.

We've only really seen a fraction of what a 2080Ti is capable of in the last two years because games developed purely for the PC don't make enough money for the dev studios to dedicate the resources to do it any-more.

I'm not going to pay $1k+ just to see sloppy console ports run at slightly higher resolutions at 60fps (if we're lucky)

Schmick

How the hell do we choose nowadays? With DLSS 2.0, future iterations of DLSS and ML in general raw power just might not be so significant?

Top Bottom