• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AnandTech reviews the Intel Core i7 11700K, so how HOT is it?

Kenpachii

Guess i will keep the 9900k for a while longer rofl

121969.png

3 year old cpu by the way, what the fuck are those cpu manufacturers doing.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
My defence force of intel ?? What are you talking about ? The 10 series is comparably just as fast in real life gaming scenarios. One game a 10900 comes on top, another the ryzen 5900. Its not a decisive and clear victory for AMD like it was for intel all these years. For other tasks, productivity and such, ryzens are better. But gaming, you cant go wrong with either of them. And if intel becomes so much more cheaper than amd, intel remains a solid option.

Naaaaa I wouldn't be getting a cheaper PCI-E gen 3 chip when gen 4 is here, and will most likely bottleneck future GPU models as there is already a small performance decrease on 3.0 vs 4.0 which increases of the RTX 3090 as its using more of that bandwidth. Might work fine this gen but you could potentially be crippling yourself next gen without upgrading your processor motherboard again to 4.0 standard. Or buy a Ryzen be set for years and have the benefit of those extra cores in workload.

Last edited:

mitchman

Gold Member
Guess i will keep the 9900k for a while longer rofl

121969.png

3 year old cpu by the way, what the fuck are those cpu manufacturers doing.
Pretty much the only benchmark it's leading, right? Do you even play F1 2019? AMD 5XXX pretty much nukes all Intel CPUs in average gaming performance over a range of games.

Kenpachii

Pretty much the only benchmark it's leading, right? Do you even play F1 2019? AMD 5XXX pretty much nukes all Intel CPUs in average gaming performance over a range of games.

I don't play any of those games. the games i play absolute decimate those cpu's. It's time for those company's to actually start pushing some faster cores forwards. These pathethic rebrands of 9900ks are laughable.

cyen

I don't play any of those games. the games i play absolute decimate those cpu's. It's time for those company's to actually start pushing some faster cores forwards. These pathethic rebrands of 9900ks are laughable.

Altough 9900KS is still an amazing CPU the 5800x is all around more performer, not by much in gaming but still the best 8c 16t anyone can buy (well is they come in to stock). Intel oferings? Yeah, not so much, Altough I give them credit for the very mature 14nm performance at cost of efficiency.

Armorian

Banned

I just upgraded to a 10900k. Can't beat the value right now. Epic fail job by Intel this generation.

This will be the best Intel CPU (in many scenarios) until AL launches. 10850k had quite great prices few months ago in Poland. I would go Intel just for emulation but my PSU woudn't handle it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Rbk_3

This will be the best Intel CPU (in many scenarios) until AL launches. 10850k had quite great prices few months ago in Poland. I would go Intel just for emulation but my PSU woudn't handle it :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Yeah, I mainly play Warzone and the 10900k is the best CPU outside of the 5950x with SMT disabled.
Paired with 4x8 b-die ram running at 4000 CL16 I have my 3090 at max usage vast majority of the time at 1440p. With my 9900k and regular 3200 ram I was getting bottlenecked pretty hard with GPU usage often in the 70s. Fast ram in that game is key.

Type_Raver

What caught my eye was the power draw in the cyberpunk benchmark - i7 11700k 122w, AMD 5600x 67w

Top Bottom