• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

andrew tate arrested

Reallink

A crime is a crime and if it can be proven with solid evidence then anyone with a brain should want whoever it is to suffer the consequences regardless if you personally think they're a great person.

Their is a bigger conversation to be had about how does one like Tate get such a huge following, it's disingenuous to simply say "he's a bigot and misogynistic and anyone who listens to him is as well". But like many topics today people speak in absolutes and fail to apply nuance to anything.

It's like some have been saying, Tate is sometimes good at diagnosing a lot of problems, but his solution to said problems always misses the mark.

There's no bigger conversation or deeper meaning. The aggregate populous at large genuinely are retarded, and Tate peddles the lifestyle young directionless men aspire to. By dumb luck of being in the right place at the right time, he just so happened to be the 1 in a million self help PUA's like him that caught enough of an audience to go viral and grifted from there.

Last edited:

Nvzman

A crime is a crime and if it can be proven with solid evidence then anyone with a brain should want whoever it is to suffer the consequences regardless if you personally think they're a great person.

Their is a bigger conversation to be had about how does one like Tate get such a huge following, it's disingenuous to simply say "he's a bigot and misogynistic and anyone who listens to him is as well". But like many topics today people speak in absolutes and fail to apply nuance to anything.

It's like some have been saying, Tate is sometimes good at diagnosing a lot of problems, but his solution to said problems always misses the mark.
People in general seem to have a serious issue with grey areas nowadays, and I fully blame it on social media.

How are you supposed to talk about things like poverty, health care, human rights, etc, with a character limit? Especially drivel like Twitter, which limits communication arbitrarily. This also applies to dogshit like Tik Tok, where you have people like Tate giving blunt short answers to complex problems, only for detractors to call him out as sexist, etc, with short, blunt answers.

Life is not black or white. Its a lot, and a LOT, of shades of grey. Not everything is cut and dry, yet social media poisoned peoples' minds into believing that is the case. Just because you hold a potentially controversial view that may not be seen as "politically correct", it doesn't inherently mean you are actually bigoted, but because of how stunted people have gotten at articulating points, it now becomes a name-calling game that usually holds little merrt.

This is not a defense of Tate, if those transcripts are true then he is a pretty vile person. Just saying this is the problem that plagues every course of discussion now. Nobody can have a good discussion about things because people are too short on attention span to listen to the conversation.

Last edited:

DeaDPo0L84

There's no bigger conversation or deeper meaning.
I'm not saying that the conversation NEEDS to happen, just that outright claiming anyone is 100% the worst due to a single situation or even opinion is not a good path forward for the broader conversation. It's a symptom though of how society operates due to how information is disseminated.

But we can agree to disagree, that's totally fine. I'm also not in any shape or form defending him. It could be my very own dad and if he's proven to have done the things Tate has my opinion wouldn't change.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
In truth I would rather see 10x Andrew Tate's than the hordes of furry trannies that are plaguing the internet and social media. That resetera thread where a community manager got fired and cancelled for implying bathrooms should not be shared by trannies gave me a headache and royally pissed me off. Mental illness is at an all time high.

I actually think the best role model for young men is David Goggins, whom I respect a lot for his mindset and accomplishments.
"If Resetera bad, then extreme opposite of that good, right?"

Contrarianism needs to die. Learn to actually think.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
Some people in this thread seriously need a ban.
Animated GIF

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Goddamn, regardless of his guilt, the idea that a government could arrest you, seize your stuff TO PAY FOR THE COSTS OF INVESTIGATING YOU, and put you in jail for 30 days "just cause" should really make anyone rethink that Romanian move.

I've only ever seen random clips from this guy on insta, what are folks giving him money for? A life coach book or something? He promotes protein shakes? If it's for running a harem of cam girls, be very curious where that falls on the sex crimes scale. Bet he has archives of clips of these same girls dancing and drinking it up to counter any accusations of mistreatment. That trial is gonna be a mess unless they just do a wealth transfer and then call it quits by booting him out of the country.

It's not "just cause".. it's if they can prove the money was made illegally they can take the proceeds.

It's just worded like they are already doing that to fund the investigation while it's happening.

It's not.. they are spending money on an investigation into a criminal enterprise and will sell those things and recoup some money, if they are proven guilty.

I think search and siezure laws are fucked up and sketchy, but this is the normal "proven guilty we take your shit you paid for illegally" kind of laws.

Toons

Banned
Male role models are just accidentally a by product of a culture that's centralized. Sports figures, or famous actors. We still have sports, but they're just not as dominant in culture as they were, largely due to the decline of cable and many other alternative forms of entertainment. We don't really even have movie stars anymore, but big franchise IPs instead. Even celebrities that are around, they barely have the ability to control their image to the extent they used to since everything is online now, so people aren't really role models like they used to be, where they try and curate a moral image they project to their fans. Fans get to see more of their lives now and know that's not reality.

And that's part of Tate's appeal I suppose. He's post-role model, post-morality. The brazenness that he acknowledges how much of an asshole he is makes morons think that must mean he's real. Being the biggest asshole in the room can be mistaken for truth if you're a moron. I think we all know of another famous person that has a similar effect on people. But the only people that fall for this obvious con are usually downtrodden, and desperate people.

Of course we can also critique society as well and the many attacks on masculine identity, toxic feminism, and all that. All valid points to bring up.

What people need is not role models. They need modern media literacy. We're mostly in a post-role model culture. People need to be trained and educated to recognize disinformation, cons, lies, manipulation. More and more frequently, we see that people that have weak media literacy are not really going to be able to tell truth from fiction, and they will be exploited.

Holy cow freaking amazing post.

Role models were ok on occasion back when there was just no way around except for having a guideline from someone else to rip off.

But the new age has allowed so many bad actors to reach impressionable people.... and education systems have failed spectacularly to teach people how to take in information correctly

Male role models are just accidentally a by product of a culture that's centralized. Sports figures, or famous actors. We still have sports, but they're just not as dominant in culture as they were, largely due to the decline of cable and many other alternative forms of entertainment. We don't really even have movie stars anymore, but big franchise IPs instead. Even celebrities that are around, they barely have the ability to control their image to the extent they used to since everything is online now, so people aren't really role models like they used to be, where they try and curate a moral image they project to their fans. Fans get to see more of their lives now and know that's not reality.

And that's part of Tate's appeal I suppose. He's post-role model, post-morality. The brazenness that he acknowledges how much of an asshole he is makes morons think that must mean he's real. Being the biggest asshole in the room can be mistaken for truth if you're a moron. I think we all know of another famous person that has a similar effect on people. But the only people that fall for this obvious con are usually downtrodden, and desperate people.

Of course we can also critique society as well and the many attacks on masculine identity, toxic feminism, and all that. All valid points to bring up.

What people need is not role models. They need modern media literacy. We're mostly in a post-role model culture. People need to be trained and educated to recognize disinformation, cons, lies, manipulation. More and more frequently, we see that people that have weak media literacy are not really going to be able to tell truth from fiction, and they will be exploited.

We'll never be in a post role model culture, it's just not human nature.

Jesus, Muhammad, Alexander the Great, Martin Luther King, etc, etc, and on and on throughout history. All cultures need figureheads to look up to, it's just how human being function. There was never a successful society without role models.

Kenpachii

Holy cow freaking amazing post.

Role models were ok on occasion back when there was just no way around except for having a guideline from someone else to rip off.

But the new age has allowed so many bad actors to reach impressionable people.... and education systems have failed spectacularly to teach people how to take in information correctly

Whole system is failing on every level really and that's part of the shit culture the west is pushing, i would not be shocked if a huge % of guys grow up without a dad in these times and the only thing mom gives them is youtube. And those guys will all search for a tate.

Last edited:

RaduN

Whole system is failing on every level really and that's part of the shit culture the west is pushing, i would not be shocked if a huge % of guys grow up without a dad in these times and the only thing mom gives them is youtube. And those guys will all search for a tate.
It's a global thing.

Have you seen what kind of role models the east is pushing?

Kenpachii

It's a global thing.

Have you seen what kind of role models the east is pushing?

No clue, nothing ever gets told here about eastern stuff. I assume its different and more traditional that's why i also stated west.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
:messenger_fearful:

Exclusive: VICE World News has obtained WhatsApp messages and voicenotes sent by Andrew Tate to a woman who accused him of a 2013 rape. She said police told her they believed her account, but authorities declined to prosecute.

1673460208044-tate-whatsapp1.jpeg

1673460234849-tate-whatsapp-2.png

1673460253019-tate-whatsapp-3.png

He's clearly a piece if shit but if no one comes up with better role models for young men another Andrew Tate will appear as soon as he is in jail.

Rien

Jelly Belly

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
The boys following this idiot probably DO have fathers but don't know the first thing about being a decent man ... Like many teens, they don't look to their parents as role models, especially their dads. In this current climate, they follow the "influencers" ... The ones with the cars, money and women... ESPECIALLY the women! So they latch onto cunts like Tate because of the crap they see him flaunting and think "I want that life"... So they take his word as "The Good News" and attempt to emulate him.

Watch some of them wind up on the news because they seriously think abusing girls/women is the way to go and scamming folks is how to make money.

Wildebeest

We'll never be in a post role model culture, it's just not human nature.

Jesus, Muhammad, Alexander the Great, Martin Luther King, etc, etc, and on and on throughout history. All cultures need figureheads to look up to, it's just how human being function. There was never a successful society without role models.
I imagine what is being got at is that he is a "postmodern" role model. A role model for people who think that being sceptical of authority and the dominant culture is necessary. A role model who thinks that people who believe in generally accepted sources of knowledge are stupid and naive.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
There is some extremely damaging evidence in these text messages if this is true. Putting in quotes due to the length.

Key texts below. Additional details are in the reddit post above.
Andrew Tate: You don't go anywhere without one of the three (trusted employee nos).
Young woman: Why are you so cold to me?
Andrew Tate: Don't go out alone without telling me.
Andrew Tate: Mall, supermarket, nowhere from now on.
Young woman: I told you I wanted to go alone
Andrew Tate: It's the last warning!

Andrew Tate : I've been doing this for a long time with a team of girls working on video chat. The company was fake, but this is how I laundered my dirty money. Some of the girls who worked for me (...) I used them to do other things. To move money or illegal things, documents, etc. I will never do that with you.

Conversation 2:
R. L: You see we split on Only
R. L: G. takes O.R. L: I take you.
R. L: Maybe you're not listening, because I will kill you
R. L: If we don't make money.
NG: Punch yourself in the mouth until I arrive, because then I'll give you another 10, you incurable slacker.
NG: I break you when I get there.
PI: What did I do?
NG: You have one hour and 10 minutes to disappear.
PI: But what did I do??
NG: Better said, what did you do yesterday for an hour.
NG: You're 20% down, four days since you posted.
R. L: I'm waiting for the money yesterday.
NG: Well, if Andrew looks to see if you've posted TikToks, you won't even have time to pack, you're flying off the balcony straight away.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
If I may i don't really want to start a new thread, however there are new challenger appeared in this scene and it is super disappointing:

All gas no game
This one hurts but it's nowhere near as serious as Tate.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
:messenger_fearful:

Exclusive: VICE World News has obtained WhatsApp messages and voicenotes sent by Andrew Tate to a woman who accused him of a 2013 rape. She said police told her they believed her account, but authorities declined to prosecute.

1673460208044-tate-whatsapp1.jpeg

1673460234849-tate-whatsapp-2.png

1673460253019-tate-whatsapp-3.png

Let him rot.

Fuck that PoS.

If I may i don't really want to start a new thread, however there are new challenger appeared in this scene and it is super disappointing:

All gas no game
Not even remotely a "challenger" it's still awful and gross obviously, but nowhere near what Tate has done.

Last edited:

M1chl

This one hurts but it's nowhere near as serious as Tate.
Well watch some video, nothing is as serious as Tate, but there are a ton of victims nonethless and based on the language used, some of them underage.
If you can look over who the streamer is, this is a really good video going through the allegations, so you can make up your mind:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Well watch some video, nothing is as serious as Tate, but there are a ton of victims nonethless and based on the language used, some of them underage.
If you can look over who the streamer is, this is a really good video going through the allegations, so you can make up your mind:

I'm aware of it. This has nothing to do with human trafficking or Tate so it's not really relevant to the current discussion.

M1chl

I'm aware of it. This has nothing to do with human trafficking or Tate so it's not really relevant to the current discussion.
Fair enough, I just wanted to put somewhere tangentially related. I don't want to make a thread, because I sadly have a history which includes assault like that.

I just went here, because I am now coping hard and I am super disappointed.

I am sorry if I placed it badly in here. I just want people to be aware.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Fair enough, I just wanted to put somewhere tangentially related. I don't want to make a thread, because I sadly have a history which includes assault like that.

I just went here, because I am now coping hard and I am super disappointed.

I am sorry if I placed it badly in here. I just want people to be aware.
I'll make a thread on your behalf. I'm a huge Channel 5 fan so this one hits home. I've been waiting for a comment from Andrew before getting too far down the rabbit hole but no reason others can't discuss.

Also it doesn't surprise me that Tate is the kind of moron that writes down his crimes.
That's what happens when your ego gets too big. You start believing you are untouchable. The clues were already there with videos of him admitting to moving to Romanian because the legal system is more relaxed and easily corruptible.

Top Bottom