• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread New OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
You can find Google Play cards at Gamestop and other stores :)

Not over here in Germany, where no one uses credit cards ^^ You can't even register them with a german account, so even if I'd find a kind soul on GAF it would be useless.

Aucool: Osu to me looks like some cheap Ouendan knockoff, with everything bad (and of course good, too) that comes with community created content. Not really a fan of it. I like the gameplay and style of Cytus very much so far, most songs are nice and they made great stuff with the system on many songs that actually made me smile a lot. Will stay with that one for a while, but Osu isn't completely out of the question here, thanks for the tip!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Runs perfectly fine on Nexus 4 and feels perfectly in sync. I admit it would probably suck if it doesn't on all machines. Also the scoring system really seems to be a bit too easy, but since I don't play it for other than my personal ranking, I can live with that.

Aucool

Not over here in Germany, where no one uses credit cards ^^ You can't even register them with a german account, so even if I'd find a kind soul on GAF it would be useless.

Aucool: Osu to me looks like some cheap Ouendan knockoff, with everything bad (and of course good, too) that comes with community created content. Not really a fan of it. I like the gameplay and style of Cytus very much so far, most songs are nice and they made great stuff with the system on many songs that actually made me smile a lot. Will stay with that one for a while, but Osu isn't completely out of the question here, thanks for the tip!

your opinion is wrong, try it man

Chairhome

The production values of Devil's Attorney are excellent, but I felt the gameplay was way too shallow/repetitive. The game is nothing like Ace Attorney. The battles play like a turn based JRPG. Including the feeling of grinding. Because I didn't find that much fun I grew bored of the game quickly.
it really feels like a jrpg with a lawyer skin. Its fun though.

MisterC20XX

Can we ask about hardware here? I'm thinking about getting a Google Nexus 7. Any opinions on it as an Android gaming tab? I also have my eye on a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. What say you AndroidGAF?

saunderez

Can we ask about hardware here? I'm thinking about getting a Google Nexus 7. Any opinions on it as an Android gaming tab? I also have my eye on a 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 2. What say you AndroidGAF?
I've got a Nexus 7 and it's great. Great hardware and price and officially supported by Google. Hard to beat that.

Skyzard

Banned
^ Portable charger 10000mAh http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NGKR54/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Do you know if MS3 has external controller support? I want to play it but I can't imagine playing a Metal Slug game with a touchscreen controller interface. Those games demand precision you simply can't get from a touch-screen d-pad. I really hope there's some way I could play it on my Moga.

Sorry no clue, haven't set it up... and yeah, pretty tough with the touchscreen so far. :( I'm pretty new to it though.

Beckx

I love my new Nexus 7 (well, I'd love it more if it didn't give me an authentication error 8/10 times it connects to my company's wi-fi). Like it a lot for gaming so far - Raiden, Metal Slug, Sworcery. But casual play for Raiden & MS - as noted above, you can't play those seriously with touchscreen (at least I can't).

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I'm now addicted to the Zoo Keeper VS game. I suck at it, and I know this despite during the match blaming it all on a shitty board. LOL

Still everytime I finish a match I'm like ohhh just one more!

xclaw

Any reccomendations on some strategy single player games for a long trip that will have no internet connection on a 7" tablet?

Truespeed

Do you want a tablet with an OS that Google updates immediately or a Samsung tablet that may or may not be updated?

MisterC20XX

Nexus 7 for sure.

I've got a Nexus 7 and it's great. Great hardware and price and officially supported by Google. Hard to beat that.

My only problem with the nexus 7 is that it drains the battery so much when you game on it.

Its sad.

I love my new Nexus 7 (well, I'd love it more if it didn't give me an authentication error 8/10 times it connects to my company's wi-fi). Like it a lot for gaming so far - Raiden, Metal Slug, Sworcery. But casual play for Raiden & MS - as noted above, you can't play those seriously with touchscreen (at least I can't).

Do you want a tablet with an OS that Google updates immediately or a Samsung tablet that may or may not be updated?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going with the Nexus 7 for sure. The Kindle Fire did a good job of introducing me to Android gaming but the limited app selection and lack of things like YouTube, Gmail and Chrome are making me see it's time to move on. It'll be nice to have tablet access to the same games and apps I currently have on my phone. Now I just need to decide which model to get... 16gb, 32gb, 32gb with AT&T HSPA+... decisions, decisions.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
what are the good RPGs to try? other than the Square games.
The Zenonia games are JARPGs. They're kinda like Zelda but a lot of fun and the 3rd, 4th and I believe 5th games are free. The first two are only .99 cents.

Skyzard

Banned
Expendable Rearmed

£0.99 (Sale price)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrobomb.expendablerearmed&

Might want to turn down aiming sensitivity (on Note II anyway) - controls could be a bit better (bit retro, but still very fun and can quickly get used to it).

gjCgMEs9iAJL93FPbhZ8uRaDcikllQRTy1ujJRw8E3tFZ9sA55_6k6NLiSOhLknAyRON=h230

YqEudX7DjLNGsLzheexj5tr-urCvuEmnDnoUSj47rKNOaKe_UYfJYL_emG-qwX_END2h=h230

Only played it 10 minutes and already gotten my quids worth - only takes up 50MB too. (Old Dreamcast/PC game).

Thanks for the feedback. I'm going with the Nexus 7 for sure. The Kindle Fire did a good job of introducing me to Android gaming but the limited app selection and lack of things like YouTube, Gmail and Chrome are making me see it's time to move on. It'll be nice to have tablet access to the same games and apps I currently have on my phone. Now I just need to decide which model to get... 16gb, 32gb, 32gb with AT&T HSPA+... decisions, decisions.
32gb should be minimum

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?

Vitacat

Nuklear

Banned
They do follow a couple basic blueprints. Some are similar to Game Dev Story in that they are largely about levelling up Characters/Items which then go about their task. These would be games like Pocket League, Grand Prix, Sushi Spinnery. Other games are more of a building-type game such as Mega Mall Story, Pyra Plex, etc. Others are a mix of both or try to do something a bit different like Epic Astro Story or Dungeon Village.

I dunno, I don't usually play past a full game plus one or two replays but it's enough. They are the only Android developer that I'll insta-purchase games day-1 even though they are usually $5.

Mega Mall Story is really good. It reminds me of Sim Tower.

ReaperXL7

Dont know how old it is but id recommend a game called wild blood it seems like a fun little hack and slash game in the style of god of war. I just got a galaxy s2 so i can actually play some of the better games, i just hate all of the ad bullshit and extra nonsense that some of these games dump onto your phone.

Sol1dus

Just got my nexus a couple of days ago and I'm loving it so far. Do you guys recommend I get the Moga or just use my ps3 controller to game on it? I want to play games like Nova with a controller though its not a big deal, since the vita is still my main gaming handheld.

Also, are there any other AAA games like Aralon (superb rpg I played in iOS) that can only be found on the amazon AppStore?

basik

I'm now addicted to the Zoo Keeper VS game. I suck at it, and I know this despite during the match blaming it all on a shitty board. LOL

Still everytime I finish a match I'm like ohhh just one more!

found it today and addicted too. zoo keeper battle! I was looking for tetris battle like on facebook but tetris on android from EA sucks right now. zoo keeper is a good alternative for now. but that timer that keeps you from playing is bullshit...I'd rather just pay a couple bucks for the game.

So, I ended up with a Nexus 7 for Christmas and am looking for some good games to grab for it.. any recommendations?

Also, anyone here play the Jurassic Park Builder game? I love it, its pretty damn addictive. I just wish it were closer to JP Park Builder for GBA and JP Operation Genesis.

So... NFS MW and the Nexus 7.. How do I sort this game out? It's basically running in slow motion at about 66% of the speed it's meant to.. I go to the options menu to try and lower the settings and find there aren't any. Brilliant. What do?

Speevy

Banned
So... NFS MW and the Nexus 7.. How do I sort this game out? It's basically running in slow motion at about 66% of the speed it's meant to.. I go to the options menu to try and lower the settings and find there aren't any. Brilliant. What do?

Just pretend you're playing it on a low-spec. PC and be glad you didn't pay more for it.

NinjaJesus

Anyone else having problems with GTA:Vice City? I bought it on my Galaxy S2 when it first came out. It kept freezing and I heard they updated it, but when I go to update it says my device isn't compatible.

Aucool

Anyone else having problems with GTA:Vice City? I bought it on my Galaxy S2 when it first came out. It kept freezing and I heard they updated it, but when I go to update it says my device isn't compatible.

Ask for a refund, I think that it's the only thing you can do.

Email them and ask for help would be my first suggestion.

Here's what you do if you want a refund.
= Go to https://play.google.com/store/account and sign in.
- Find the app on the list of your purchases
- Click report a problem
- Click the id like to request a refund button.
- Get refund in like 2 mins.

Agent X

Gold Member

It seems to run well on my Nexus 7. Perhaps you should shut down and restart the tablet, and see if that frees up some resources.

Just pretend you're playing it on a low-spec. PC and be glad you didn't pay more for it.

Well hmmm that's not really the answer I was looking for.. To be fair for £199 I could have got a Vita and the game with some cash left over. Maybe I just need to play something else haha..

I've shut it down a couple of times, it's literally just not able to handle the game properly. Great. Glad I got it at the bargain price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom