• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Pretty good, though I've had a few times where swiping down instead resulted in the block moving over and screwing me.

Yeah I'm having trouble flipping the block in the counter-clockwise direction. If I tap the block I can get it going clockwise but haven't figured out how to make it go the other way without just sending it straight down to the "floor."

S6 Edge+ here so plenty of real estate.

That being said, I only played two games on it.

Alchemy

Fine but the game runs like trash. It has this desire to connect online. Fuck off. It gets laggy, too, on my Nexus 6P.

Huh, it works fine for me on my Moto X Pure. I get occasional hitches, but its not frequent enough to bother me. I'm really happy with Lumines so far.

So I bought an Asus Flip Chromebook a few months ago and I have the Android apps update running on the dev channel. I also recently picked up a Stratus SteelSeries controller to use with my Gear VR.

To the point: are there any games folks would highly recommend for using a controller? I downloaded a few games to the Flip (Banner Saga, Jetpack Joyride, Lara Croft GO, Icewind Dale, Dark Sword and Monster Dash). I tried playing Dark Sword and Monster Dash with the controller but no joy.

omg_mjd

To the point: are there any games folks would highly recommend for using a controller? I downloaded a few games to the Flip (Banner Saga, Jetpack Joyride, Lara Croft GO, Icewind Dale, Dark Sword and Monster Dash). I tried playing Dark Sword and Monster Dash with the controller but no joy.

ePSXe (and most other emulators)
Wayward Souls
KOTOR
The GTA ports
Minecraft
Horizon Chase
Implosion
Ittle Dew
Ys Chronicles 1 & 2
Sword of Xolan

Any recommendations for good Off-line games? The underground basically ruins all things like Hearthstone so something good thats offline would be sweet. Pretty open to anything except sport games

Polarburr

Hey guys. Need help trying to find this game in the play store. I'll try to explain it as much as possible.

-I think the game revolves a around a soldier sneaking in his home city that's currently in war. And he just wants to be with his loved ones.

-no combat. All stealth.

-no bright colors. Colors are really dark. I think you just see the silhouette of the guy even.

It's a side scroller.

Any ideas?

kmfdmpig

Hey guys. Need help trying to find this game in the play store. I'll try to explain it as much as possible.

-I think the game revolves a around a soldier sneaking in his home city that's currently in war. And he just wants to be with his loved ones.

-no combat. All stealth.

-no bright colors. Colors are really dark. I think you just see the silhouette of the guy even.

It's a side scroller.

Any ideas?

Is it This War of Mine?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.elevenbitstudios.twommobile&hl=en

Fewr

Is Terraria playable on a mobile device?

I've played it on PC, but I can't imagine if it's easy or hard to control with a touchscreen.

Coppanuva

Anything good I can play while listening to podcasts instead of listening to game

I've been playing The Room series while listening to podcasts on my commute, though I turn the audio off. It's not a key part of the game if you're just playing it for the puzzles, since it's not required.

tamminen

Im looking for rpg with group/multiplayer content, dungeons and stuff like that. But I dont want hack n slash style gameplay. Im thinking more like Dragon blaze but with more control, DB is pretty much automated. I guess what Im trying to find is WoW dungeons with simplified controls.

Does it exist?

Jaroof

My friend recently released a game to Google Play: ABC or Die.

Your goal is to descend deeper into a dungeon while avoiding getting killed by Death. On each floor, there are four staircases to choose from, each containing a word that starts with the same letter. You choose the safest word to proceed. As you get further in, Death starts to move more quickly. Pretty simple concept.

Sabas

Banned
Just picked up a Shield Tablet recently, was looking for suggestions on some games. Mainly looking at action, RPG, puzzles. Just want to make full use of its gaming potential. Thanks!

Sabas

Banned
Rayark is having a 50% IAP sale for their anniversary So the full game unlock for Implosion is down to $5 USD. Game looks good, still need to play more.

Also, is there any particular reason why the Android gaming thread is so much slower than the iOS one?

anddo0

Rayark is having a 50% IAP sale for their anniversary So the full game unlock for Implosion is down to $5 USD. Game looks good, still need to play more.

Also, is there any particular reason why the Android gaming thread is so much slower than the iOS one?

IOS gets games earlier, some amazing games never make their way to Android. Also, mostly everything on IOS is premium, much more appealing, people purchase more titles and discuss them.

I swear nearly everything on android is a bloody IAP online BS

Both the new final fantasy and the kingdom hearts games looked good till you realise its just reskinned gatcha bullshit.

PLJrRED_1.gif

We just released a new version of Piczle Lines Jr. (pimped above). 100 new puzzles, new reveal image. These should keep logic-puzzle fanatics busy for a while as we're working on Piczle Lines DX, out early next year!

GooglePlay: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ScoreStudios.PiczleLinesJRRed

Info, trailers, screenshots: http://www.piczle.club/

Feedback, comments welcome!

Anyone using the new bluetooth xbone controller with android? It apparently supports the gear vr, but does it work with cardboard and the rest non-gear/vr stuff?

Anyone using the new bluetooth xbone controller with android? It apparently supports the gear vr, but does it work with cardboard and the rest non-gear/vr stuff?
Apparently Microsoft is adding support specifically for Minecraft Gear VR, but nothing else is officially supported. The article I read said they are actively looking at getting the controller working with other Gear VR games.

Back when the Bluetooth XB1 controller came out I read that it works sporadically for some Android games, but they said the buttons are often messed up.

Has anyone had any joy in getting the Shield controller to work on either of the Tomb Raider games?

It's meant to have pad support and I can use the pad to skip the initial splash screens but when I hit the actual menu nothing happens when using any of the buttons.

I should add that this is on the Shield tv.

Apparently Microsoft is adding support specifically for Minecraft Gear VR, but nothing else is officially supported. The article I read said they are actively looking at getting the controller working with other Gear VR games.

Back when the Bluetooth XB1 controller came out I read that it works sporadically for some Android games, but they said the buttons are often messed up.

Thanks!

taybul

Are there any games similar to Super Meat Boy or Geometry Dash? Also is there a source or community that lists or talks about quality Android games? I try to discover stuff on my own on the Play Store but a lot of what shows up are either not that great or not my style. I feel there are a lot of good games in there, just not a good way of discovering them.

Top Bottom