• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Android Gaming Thread: News & Recommendations

Manus

I usually stick to emulation for Android gaming. Their's a few actual games I play on Android like.

Stardew Valley
Don't Starve
Pocket City
Kingdom Rush Series
Dota Underlords

I've been playing Dominations for the last three weeks. It's a strategy game from the developers of Rise of Nations. It has all that timer and currency stuff but for some reason I stick with it.
It's not just because it looks and sounds like Rise of Nations... It's more relaxed than other similar games. It feels like logging in once or twice a day is enough and missing log ins are not a big deal. I don't know what the hell they did but it's never as annoying as its peers and it also feels satisfying in bite-sized sessions. I read somewhere that their engagement and retention numbers are huge compared to other mobile games so they're obviously doing something right.
The only complaint I have is that combat could have used more direct control, like that Age of Empires mobile game.

lmimmfn

Are there any decent android games( preferably old style arcades but open to 3D stuff) that I can use a PS4 controller with that are either cheap or free. I know I can install mame but was just looking for less hassle free experiences while on vacation with crap Internet :)

Fuz

Banned
I strongly recommend two JRPGs for people who like them:

Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
Another Eden (by the creator of Chrono Trigger)

They are really, really good. Desktop level good. And I'm playing way too much of both.

Last edited:
Top Bottom