• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Angina's tough!!" Rock Band 2 Track And Spec Info (& Dreams) Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

fistfulofmetal said:
Kinda sucks that Harmonix backed themselves into a corner with their own dedication to Rock Band as a platform. Means we won't get a revamped drumset.
What is wrong with the current drum set if they get it working perfectly?

sneaky77

BenjaminBirdie said:
Actually, I'm going to have to clarify that. There's no mention of solo participation in a Bot-Populated "Band World Tour" but it does look like the Solo Tour (now Tour Challenge) is a lot more interesting and (THANK GOD) truly integrating DLC.

I agree with that, tour challenge sounds intriguing, I am looking forward to hearing more.

sneaky77 said:
Maybe they will be available in quickplay...

My guess is that the alluded to branching paths will include DLC but there will be one main path consisting solely of new songs. Not at all unlike Band World Tour mode, the way every venue had challenges consisting of one new song, but also more varied and randomized ones as well.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
holy shit......

Seriously.....holy shit.

Edit: Time to find the songs in the pictures.

Pic 1 "I need a little love from you"
Pic 2 "With words to pretend"
Pic 3 "dear its the way I bring"

fistfulofmetal said:
I would like cymbals in my Rock Band drums

Are there charts, honest question as I'm only on Medium, where the beat is compromised because there are only four pads and HMX had to choose between a cymbal and a drum?

Sp3eD said:
holy shit......

Seriously.....holy shit.

I checked at least the last one. Looks like randomized jibber jabber. I think they learned their lesson.

Ten-Song said:
It is a pretty awesome corner.

I would definitely trade a less evolving set of instruments that is already great at its core functionality (sure, it could use tweaking in terms of strum bar, etc) for an eternally compatible and ever growing library of music, especially now that customizability is available in setlists, and Challenges will be integrated WITH DLC not just DLC integrated INTO challenges.

Ten-Song

BenjaminBirdie said:
I would definitely trade a less evolving set of instruments that is already great at its core functionality (sure, it could use tweaking in terms of strum bar, etc) for an eternally compatible and ever growing library of music, especially now that customizability is available in setlists, and Challenges will be integrated WITH DLC not just DLC integrated INTO challenges.

Yeah... they've really explored the space...

4gmck4.jpg

I mean really... explored the space.

sneaky77

I hope the hard charts scroll speed is a little faster this time around, because RB1 is too slow, but then I am not good enough to beat the top songs in expert, I have Green Grass and Highway Star to finish it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
In regards to more pads, I dunno... RB is a party game, and I know there are some hardcore players out there, but even the current set is quite a bit to keep track of for a casual gamer. I looked at the Guitar Hero set and it looked cool but maybe a bit too much over all..

At the end of the day I am sure they could release a new set and patch RB2 to where a couple extra areas pop up on screen for cymbals or something if you have the new set plugged into the system..

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
plagiarize said:
why didn't i buy you on PS3? WHY?

oh yeah... instrument compatibility. *hugs gibson*.
frankly I would have given that up for PS3. I mean I love using my GH3 guitar with RB, but overall I play my PS3 more and I am about to throw a 250GB hard drive in there. of course at this point my problem is more my 66 DLC tracks than any instrument issues. ATM I pretty much only use my 360 for Rock Band and the occasional XBLA game.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Are there charts, honest question as I'm only on Medium, where the beat is compromised because there are only four pads and HMX had to choose between a cymbal and a drum?

Not sure what you're asking about a beat being compromised. Some times the yellow will be the cymbal and other times it won't. I would like a drum set where a cymbals are dedicated to cymbal pads so it's more cohesive.

But to be honest, the thing I want even more than that is a Rhythm guitar option.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
I just want my drums to register notes when I hit the pad without having to duct tape, dress it with socks, or taping rulers to the foot pedal. That is way more important then added drum features to me anyway.

DJ_Tet

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Not sure what you're asking about a beat being compromised. Some times the yellow will be the cymbal and other times it won't. I would like a drum set where a cymbals are dedicated to cymbal pads so it's more cohesive.

But to be honest, the thing I want even more than that is a Rhythm guitar option.

Support for a third guitarist or at least rhythm guitar would be awesome. Also see: Support for two singers (harmony) or at least backup singer support.

DGRP

fistfulofmetal said:

Same here, I hate playing shitty basslines.

If HMX ever implements Rhythm Guitar down the road, I would love to see some RB1 songs updated with it. But the only problem would be is that HMX needs to isolate the rhythm guitar and chart it, that means they need to re-do the mix.

Currently, the Rhythm guitar in RB songs are located in a Misc channel (combined with Synth, Backup Vox, etc.)

Crateman

fistfulofmetal said:

I'm calling it. Lush's De-Luxe will have rhythm guitar. The song just ask for it.

I'm calling it!

The Jer

panic attack by dream theater, eh?

I'm a huge Dream Theater fan and I like the song panic attack, but....
couldn't they have chosen a better dream theater song.

I mean there are so many dream theater songs that are much better songs. anything from the train or thought album, for example.

*edit: welp, hoping for better dream theater as DLC.

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
I remain skeptical about the leaked setlist. That said, these announced features are of a character and quantity of awesome I am not entirely sure I can physically handle.

I... I might need to lie down.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
GCQuinton said:
Coolshade Drive Reunion World Tour confirmed :D Saerk, duderon, and Drakken what do you guys, think?

I'm there dude. I think it'll take RB2 to bring Drakken out of hibernation :)

Harmonix is nailing it on the features, I can't wait to see what else they reveal at E3.

Knox

Gamespot said:
"Ace of Spades" -- Motörhead
"Everlong" -- Foo Fighters
"Pinball Wizard" -- The Who
"Panic Attack" -- Dream Theater
"Any Way You Want It" -- Journey
"Chop Suey" -- System of a Down
"Kids in America" -- The Muffs
"Give It Away" -- Red Hot Chili Peppers
"Hello There" -- Cheap Trick
"Pump It Up" -- Elvis Costello

This is the first song from the rumored list to be made official after the leak right? Legitimacy confirmed?

Kevtones

4 Alice in Chains - Man in the Box
5 Allman Brothers - Ramblin' Man
8 Beastie Boys - So Whatcha Want
9 Beck - E-Pro
10 Bikini Kill - Rebel Girl
11 Billy Idol - White Wedding Pt I
12 Blondie - One Way or Another
13 Bob Dylan - Tangled Up in Blue
14 Bon Jovi - Livin' on a Prayer
15 Cheap Trick - Hello There
16 Devo - Uncontrollable Urge
17 Dinosaur Jr - Feel the Pain
24 Foo Fighters - Everlong
29 Interpol - PDA
32 Jimmy Eat World - The Middle
33 Joan Jett - Bad Reputation
36 Kansas - Carry On Wayward Son
41 Lush - De-Luxe
46 Modest Mouse - Float On
47 Motorhead - Ace of Spades
49 Nirvana - Drain You
58 Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give it Away
63 Smashing Pumpkins - Today
65 Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot
66 Soundgarden - Spoonman
68 Steely Dan - Bodhitsattva
72 Talking Heads - Psycho Killer
75 Who, The - Pinball Wizard

Insane. Awesome. These songs FTW. Fucking LUSH?! Freaks and Geeks theme song?! Interpol?! TALKING FUCKING HEADS

3 Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know
18 Disturbed - Down with the Sickness
21 Duran Duran - Hungry Like the Wolf
39 Linkin Park - One Step Closer
40 Lit - My Own Worst Enemy
70 Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
71 System of a Down - Chop Suey

These songs will be party favorites. Linkin Park and Disturbed are TERRIBLE but good god will it be fun to get hammered and sing OH WAH AH AH AH! :lol

SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING YOU!!! :lol

dialmydrive said:
I think that's a little extreme but you bring up a good point. Why no Queen? They can't be holding out for ... wait, a Queen GH would be awesome, as would a Van Halen GH. Please, please, please!
wrong thread, sorry. GH is that-a-way.
domokunrox said:
More DLC more often as well.
that's just about the most retarded-ass thing you could say about Rock Band.

XShagrath

Looks like that GameSpot article has been touched up a little bit.

Original said:
Still, according to Harmonix, online World Tour wasn't the number-one feature requested by Rock Band fans. That distinction goes to "backward compatibility"--ensuring that all of the hundreds of songs that were found in the original Rock Band and available as DLC since its release will work seamlessly once the sequel rolls in. In that sense it's mission accomplished, because the game will feature full support for all of the original Rock Band songs, all of the downloadable content, and, naturally, the more than 80 songs that will be packed in with the disc version of Rock Band 2.

Current said:
Still, according to Harmonix, online World Tour wasn't the number-one feature requested by Rock Band fans. That distinction goes to "backward compatibility"--ensuring that all of the DLC since the first game's release will work seamlessly once the sequel rolls in. In that sense it's mission accomplished, because the game will feature full support for all of the downloadable content, and, naturally, the more than 80 songs that will be packed in with the disc version of Rock Band 2.

Maybe he got his information from IGN? Or maybe this is something that Harmonix doesn't want us to know yet? Who knows.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Kevtones said:
These songs will be party favorites. Linkin Park are TERRIBLE but good god will it be fun to get hammered and sing SHUT UP WHEN I'M TALKING YOU!!! :lol

Wrong! But they could have picked a better song imo.

Would love to have played "The Little Things Give You Away" in band mode, if the game features multiple vocalists.

JonathanEx said:
Well, DLC, plans change, we're at this point far from final. It's a good idea of what sort of stuff could turn up, but it's no guarentee.

Except we're not, because they're announcing it at E3.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
omg rite said:
Wrong! But they could have picked a better song imo.

Would love to have played "The Little Things Give You Away" in band mode, if the game features multiple vocalists.

Except we're not, because they're announcing it at E3.

Nope

CptUnderpant on SA said:
I think this is an epic misinterpetation - we aren't announcing all the songs at E3.

Sp3eD said:
holy shit......

Seriously.....holy shit.

it's weird but when I search for those I get links like this:

1: Ken Jasynn - Maybe Lyrics
Download Ken Jasynn - Maybe Lyrics. Maybe lyrics performed by Ken Jasynn. ... Maybe, I need a little love from you" All I need is the answers' ...
www.sweetslyrics.com/528442.Ken Jasynn - Maybe .html - 19k -

Ken Jasynn apparently only does lyrics? I can't find anything on him on any web site other than lyric sites so I'm guessing the name is wrong. BUT the lyric is in the song 'Maybe' in its entirety. It sounds like an R&B song though from the lyrics.

2: Lyrics: Low Bisaya Version With Lyrics - Thriving Ivory - Angels ...
Results 1 - 6 of about 6 for low bisaya version with lyrics ... low lyrics(tagalog version) · katy perry · with words to pretend · a little love from you ...
www.shexy.nl/lyrics/search?q=low+bisaya+version+with+lyrics - 21k -

Thriving Ivory is a horrible horrible band and that song is Angels on the Moon. Said lyrics are not in the song. Alternatively, Low Bisaya Version is this. I'm pretty sure it's not the song in question. I could be wrong, but I really doubt it. :lol

3: Lyrics: Lyrics To Bubbly By Colby Calay - Thriving Ivory - Angels ...
Results 1 - 6 of about 6 for lyrics to bubbly by colby calay ... US5 - i've been there lyrics · ukulele chords "this i am" i · dear it's the way i bring ...
www.shexy.nl/lyrics/search?q=lyrics+to+bubbly+by+colby+calay - 21k -

Colby Calay is Colbie Caillat and Bubbly is this song but that lyric isn't actually in that song so I guess that's a dead end.

at any rate, maybe it is all just nonsense. sure seems that way, especially since leaving the 'lyrics' out of google searches pretty much only brings up this thread.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
XShagrath said:
Looks like that GameSpot article has been touched up a little bit.

Maybe he got his information from IGN? Or maybe this is something that Harmonix doesn't want us to know yet? Who knows.

Two different sites claiming the same thing at completely seperate times. Then both getting changed or denied?

Sounds like this is one of Harmonix's big reveals that they want to be the first to let out at E3.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The Jer said:
hahahhahahaahaha

velocity sensitive drums!!

Pffft. The fucktards on Harmonix's hardware team can't even get hits to register properly with on/off. Good luck with this.

epmode

I'm probably crazy but I still haven't seen this mentioned: http://www.*******.com/2008/07/08/rumorong-gamespot-says-rock-band-2-will-support-rb1-songs/
And here we go again: After IGN backtracked on comments that seemed to indicate that Rock Band 2's biggest perceived shortcoming – spreading the rhythm game "platform" onto multiple discs, thereby tossing our precious monolithic library of songs to the wind – would in fact be be addressed by the sequel comes word from GameSpot who say ... well, the exact same thing and ... look at that, they backtracked later as well.

Their original story said that Rock Band 2 "will feature full support for all of the original Rock Band songs, all of the downloadable content" as well as the 80 songs on the RB2 disc. GameSpot evidently got their purportedly faulty information from IGN's piece, and a Harmonix representative tells us that both stories were incorrect (both have been updated).

Even so, that doesn't stop us from dreaming of our perfect solution: You mail in both the Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2 discs; include $5 for shipping & handling along with three cereal box-tops; wait 4-6 months; get Rock Band 2: MEGA edition back in the mail including all tracks from Rock Band 1 and Rock Band 2 (including bonus Sgt. Slaughter or William "The Refrigerator" Perry action figures). See? Perfect.
Worst news ever. EVER.

Oh, forgot they were banned.

In any case, the Gamespot article HAS been edited. It no longer mentions being able to play RB1 songs.

HOLY SHIT

Onion AV Club said:
Rock Band 2 takes this a step further with the addition of an actual drum training program. I watched Teasdale demo this, and it resembles the game's practice mode, but with a large library of basic beats and fills: "Simple 8th Note Hats," "Robot Rock," "P-P-P-Panama!", "Upbeat Hats 1," and so forth, all playable on three kits – electronic, vintage, and "trashy." There's also a freeplay mode, where you can play drums over mp3's that you've ripped to your console.

http://www.avclub.com/content/node/82519

MEGATON

First off, the career mode. Rock Band 2 cuts the solo world tour, and it makes the concept of a "band" more flexible. Any number of people, online or off, can join a band: you can play by yourself with three steady non-player characters of your own design

Any number of people, online or off, can join a band: you can play by yourself with three steady non-player characters of your own design

you can play by yourself with three steady non-player characters of your own design

steady non-player characters of your own design

own design

own design

own design

KATE DAMMIT ROCK IS BACK IN FUCKING BUSINESS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom