• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe being accused of sexual harassment

There is a time and place for the outrage. I can support Kavanaugh, but this guy is not the hill to die on for.

I have seen this guy since he first started his youtube act, literally screaming for 15minutes. He is a slimy chameleon.
Wtf dude. If you’ve know all the years he was doing this stuff, why didn’t you say anything. You enable him all these years. You are as guilty as he is.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

#AbbyGate
d87f96U.jpg

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
There's no way I'm fucking reading that whole thing, it's like a fucking novel. I skimmed it and basically Joe tried to hook up with a girl who had a boyfriend? If I missed something feel free to correct me.

Welcome to the world, people are fucking horny. Unless he did something bad like try to force himself on her sexually after she said no stop, then what even is the point of writing this?

Is everyone in the industry who tries to get laid gonna have some girl write fucking articles about it?

I'm a fan of Angry Joe. I think he's genuine and calls out shit when he sees it and isn't afraid to go at companies, developers, and policies when they deserve it. His review skits are funny too, he's a talented guy.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
There is a time and place for the outrage. I can support Kavanaugh, but this guy is not the hill to die on for.

I have seen this guy since he first started his youtube act, literally screaming for 15minutes. He is a slimy chameleon.
It's called an act? One that has been very profitable for him for a very long time. He's actually been one of the better voices in the games industry, and he used a shtick that helped get him views. He still does it because it's kinda expected.

There's no way I'm fucking reading that whole thing, it's like a fucking novel. I skimmed it and basically Joe tried to hook up with a girl who had a boyfriend? If I missed something feel free to correct me.

Welcome to the world, people are fucking horny. Unless he did something bad like try to force himself on her sexually after she said no stop, then what even is the point of writing this?

Is everyone in the industry who tries to get laid gonna have some girl write fucking articles about it?
Pretty much seems that way, don't it?

ZZZZ

PiYdtRF.png

those guys are retarded beyond imagination.
Honestly, i used to not mind this stuff and just find it hilarious.
But after 2020, all the protest, rioting, looting, the entire hypocrisy and brain wash of the left wing media and politics, people getting on their knees to wash other's feet just because they are from a different race, people losing jobs, getting death threats because of a difference of opinion. It's kinda starting to scary me where the western civilization is headed.
I Think i may start looking for classes on japanese language.

Shantae

Banned
Honestly, i used to not mind this stuff and just find it hilarious.
But after 2020, all the protest, rioting, looting, the entire hypocrisy and brain wash of the left wing media and politics, people getting on their knees to wash other's feet just because they are from a different race, people losing jobs, getting death threats because of a difference of opinion. It's kinda starting to scary me where the western civilization is headed.
I Think i may start looking for classes on japanese language.
Let me know if you want a practice partner...I've already started. I can't wait to get out of this country someday.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
PiYdtRF.png

those guys are retarded beyond imagination.
Notice how they don't explain why you just "believe the victim." People at that site love to just say things with no logical backing.

Where's the soy spiked kool aid? Just go along with it!

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Unless something unlawful or really awful that isn't illegal happened, there is no reason whatsoever to come out with pieces like this unless you just want attention. This accomplishes nothing. It exposes nothing other than a dude tried to get his dick wet.

Our younger generations parents have truly failed us as a society. So many soft people who are starved for fucking attention. Pay attention to your kids, so they don't grow up to try and ruin someone's life because he tried to get some pussy.

wzy

I can definitely relate to hating a Youtuber with the word "Angry" in his name or being part of his general persona but Joe would have had to have raped an awful lot of people for me to be willing to read that insane, rambling wall of text.

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
"Don't both sides this!"

I mean, why wait for all the information you can possibly get when your worthless voices can get mad online immediately and have no affect at all on the outcome of this story in any way?

wzy

This latest round of MeToos really reeks. I'm not enough of a lunatic to suggest it has anything to do with TLOU or the people who review it, but it sure does fucking seem like a certain group of people are a little nonplussed about the six straight months we've managed to go without them being the center of the Internet's attention.

Redlight

How sad is it that a rape acusation sounds like retaliation for a guy not liking a video game?

Man, hope this is taken to court and the truth comes out.
Whoa there. No allegation of rape.

Her anecdote seems to be that she spent a 'celebrity' evening with him. During that evening there were several moments where she felt uncomfortable but said nothing to him and continued in his company. Early in the evening, while they waited for the dinner booking, he had a shower and, light-heartedly, asked if she wanted to join him. She refused without repercussions.

Later she claims he 'stopped' her from using her phone at the dinner table. It's not clear why she couldn't have gone to the bathroom and used it there. Later she claims that he physically withheld it for awhile (though she was able to get it back easily enough later in her story).

She claims that he became annoyed with her at the end of the evening when it became clear she wasn't interested in him. According to her account he accused her of misleading him and using him for contacts/exposure.

She makes no actual allegation of sexual assault that I could discern.

Another person who was present later expressed sympathy when they heard her story, but made it clear that her discomfort/situation wasn't at all obvious at the time.

I think that's a fair summation.

There are actually a dozen or so streamers being accused of harrassment right now by bandwagoners brave women, ranging from rape to cheating (??). Apparently it started with a Destiny streamer.

Again, the severity of these accusations vary WILDLY and some (many?) of them aren't really harrassment.. but ya know how it goes these days.

Last edited:

Xenon

If it takes more than a paragraph to describe the offense, Its most likely not criminal harassment. For each incident at least.

Top Bottom