• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Joe: Top 10 Worst Games/Moments of E3 2019!

Kazza

Even though it has been fairly underwhelming overall, I don't think there have been any super cringy moments this E3. I don't think I could pick out 10 bad moments myself.

10. Xbox Elite Controller (too expensive)
9. Mythic Quest
8. Tom Clancy's Elite Squad
7. Gears POP!
6. Battletoads
5. Contra: Rogue Corps
4. Bethesda Conference
3. Chivalry 2
2. Commander Keen
1. Shenmue 3 (Epic Games Store drama)

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Yeah, whining and raging is certainly the best way to conclude E3. :messenger_smirking:

Whatever floats their boat. I'd rather focus on the many, many things I liked.

Shenmue's "story was somewhat interesting." :messenger_smirking:

Looks like for this dude the two parameters for being "worst" is to either be mobile or exclusive to Epic Games Store. Couldn't be more shallow if he tried.

Last edited:

down 2 orth

Yeah I agree with Joe on Shenmue 3. The game came off wrong from the get-go, and I'm thinking my first impressions from when the game was announced were not far off:

I'm hoping this game is a success, but my con-job alarm bells are going off. Here's why:

1.) This game take's place in Guilin, China which is a very beautiful scenic area. But the only things going on there are tourism and agriculture. To make a comparison for the United States, it would be like having the game set in Martha's Vinyard.

2.) That trailer was ridiculous, and kind of felt condescending. It was pretty much "Hey otaku nerds! Do you like beautiful Asian women? Just look into her sparkling eyes! She could be yours... but we need funding for this game first.

3.) Just like what other people are arguing. They're taking advantage of the goodwill of their fans to front the bill for a game that should be paid for by the publisher.

4.) The game creator just rubs me the wrong way. Yeah, intuition amounts to shit in any debate but that's just how I feel.

Codes 208

I can agree with his number one.

For those interested (because god forbid you post the list alongside the video....)

10. Elite Controller S2 price
9. Mythic Quest
8. Tom clancy’s Elite Squad
7. Gears Pop
6. Battletoads
5. Contra Rogue Corps
4. Elder Scrolls Blades for switch
3. Chivalry II Epic exclusive
2. Commander Keen mobile
1. Shenmue III epic store shenanigans

Kazza

For those interested (because god forbid you post the list alongside the video....)

9. Mythic Quest
7. Gears Pop
6. Battletoads
5. Contra Rogue Corps
2. Commander Keen mobile

Already beat you to it :messenger_smirking:

Lastyou1

Banned
What Shenmue 3 the worst?

C'mon is a low budget, Kickstarted game.
There may be controversies around it, but the quality of the game is in line with real expectations.

If people, on the other hand, expected Yakuza 7 or something akin, then it's their problem.

SweetShark

To be fair I really like the new art style of Commander Keen game.
Sadly everything else from it's mobile gameplay and to its Saturday cartoon theme song is shiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
If having to download a single player only game (so features like friends list are irrelevant) via a different store front for the same system is the worst thing this E3, then E3 was pretty low on negativity at least.

I think he's only likeable when he's not using his fake angry and raging shtick. He should throw away his angry persona and stick to reasonable comments and those low budget skits in reviews which are pretty funny imo (the ones from detroit become human for example). When he makes this stupid angry face and yells at camera it just comes off cringy as fuck. This video is pretty decent however, I've glanced through it at haven't seen him faking rage or anything, just his opinion about things which he found stupid or just bad at E3? What's the problem? I'd add to his list this gears of war 5 "trailer", lol.

Reactions: TLZ

sol_bad

If having to download a single player only game (so features like friends list are irrelevant) via a different store front for the same system is the worst thing this E3, then E3 was pretty low on negativity at least.

It's the worst E3 I've ever witnessed. It consisted of CGI trailers, barely any gameplay, mobile games, games we have already seen and DLC for old games.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
It's the worst E3 I've ever witnessed. It consisted of CGI trailers, barely any gameplay, mobile games, games we have already seen and DLC for old games.
I agree (not exactly the worst, that would be the Wii Music one, but pretty bad), but that is not reflected by Angry Joe. Then again, the only good thing I have seen of him (ever) was the interview during the Xbox fisaco ^^.

Last edited:

Alx

The just dance segment didn't make it and he put the elite controller on there... ok

Mentioning Just Dance is just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point. Every year since 2009 Ubi soft has had a dancing segment dedicated to it. It's a popular game and the dancing barely lasts 2 minutes, can't people just cope with that ?

first time im seeing this streamer - this guys not good....at least this video wasnt. this is shitty sensationalist content.

i swear I'll never get streaming community.

MagnesG

Banned

9. Mythic Quest
7. Gears Pop
6. Battletoads
5. Contra Rogue Corps
2. Commander Keen mobile
Thanks for the summary :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Codes 208

Joe doesn't understand inflation either, then
I mean, you can check the actual thread here with several comments like “thats a damn nice looking controller but that price tho” its a nice looking controller but thats the price of three controllers or even a used xbox one.

Realistically i was expecting the msrp of the current controllers to drop and this to launch at $150 or even $160.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Some entries feel like they've added them because of the dislike ratios in youtube videos, not because they actually find them disappointing (and can explain why).

Joe doesn't understand inflation either, then

Prices on official PS4 & XONE controllers haven't really changed since the start of this generation. My personal opinion is that they're already overpriced considering their shitty durability (this also includes Elite 1 controller, it had many people complaining about build quality).

Last edited:
WTF did he not go to E3 this year??

I liked his work interviewing devs of lesser known games and stuff......... He had some good coverage on stuff at E3 prior to this year, this seems like a step backwards.

edit: Seems like Joe been slapping out nothing but reaction videos and movie crap lately.........smdh

Last edited:
V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Nintendo saved this from being a disappointment to me. Though I did also really like the Star Wars and FF 7 remake gameplay. Lego Star Wars announcement was cool too. Otherwise, the whole thing was just meh for me.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Even though it has been fairly underwhelming overall, I don't think there have been any super cringy moments this E3. I don't think I could pick out 10 bad moments myself.

10. Xbox Elite Controller (too expensive)
9. Mythic Quest
8. Tom Clancy's Elite Squad
7. Gears POP!
6. Battletoads
5. Contra: Rogue Corps
4. Bethesda Conference
3. Chivalry 2
2. Commander Keen
1. Shenmue 3 (Epic Games Store drama)

Im glad that i stop to follow this channel just about time

WTF did he not go to E3 this year??

I liked his work interviewing devs of lesser known games and stuff......... He had some good coverage on stuff at E3 prior to this year, this seems like a step backwards.

edit: Seems like Joe been slapping out nothing but reaction videos and movie crap lately.........smdh

No he did not. I don't even watch his channel frequently, so I can't remember where I heard him explain this, but basically the math of going to E3 to cover it has stopped making sense. Getting more expensive to go and the show floor is a combination of disorganized clusterfuck and void of interesting things to cover compared to previous years.

Given how E3 has generally gone this year, AG probably wasn't missing out on too much by not going.

Well I personally couldn't care less about Shenmue 3 on Epic store but Yu's latest statement that part 3 is not a conclusion to the saga but just another part...and he needs at least Shenmue 6 in order to tell the whole story...well it kinda rubbed me the wrong way because what is the point then? Shenmue 3 will be bought by HC fans mainly, it will not sell well enough to warrant a sequel, let alone 3 of them for the full story saga.

I think everyone just wanted a solid closure to the first two games. At least based on this I feel like Yu just got a hard on once money started pouring in for free and thought "hey, let me try to make another over ambitious project i have no money to finish." So in the end you are getting a single part that still wont round up any story, it will just stay a title who's full story was never told till the end. Maybe in 2090 they might finish the rest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom