• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival |OT| Enbrace your Party Animal!

fernoca

I know, I know. I want dem amiibos.

What I find ridiculous is the arbitrary rejection of the equivalent Isabelle, Digby etc. cards as viable alternatives. That's just mean.
Yeah, that was a bit weird and disappointing. The cards are mostly used for the sidegames and to add the character to live in the board, but soecial/foil ones can't be added to it. Only to the plaza and playable in the sidegames.

At least I got all the current amiibo and around 50 cards. :p

Spades

Arriving home from work to a box of Amiibo is just the best.

lo4rkPg.jpg

Portalbox

PSA: I know this game was pretty much the worst first party game ever for Wii U but if you guys wanted it for the two amiibo figures, the bundle is currently $38.50 on Amazon.

Blues1990

I know a lot of people have given this game a lot of flack, but I find Amiibo Festival to be the perfect game for a more laid back experience with some friends. After a long day at work, when my friends and I want to play together and not be competitive or as involved, Amiibo Festival is just perfect.

It also helps when you have three friends that like to talk mad shit, so combine that with all the cute happenings in the game, and you have a hilarious time.

I'm looking forward to picking up the upcoming figurines for this game, as Blathers has always been my favourite special villager in the Animal Crossing series.

SalvaPot

I know a lot of people have given this game a lot of flack, but I find Amiibo Festival to be the perfect game for a more laid back experience with some friends. After a long day at work, when my friends and I want to play together and not be competitive or as involved, Amiibo Festival is just perfect.

It also helps when you have three friends that like to talk mad shit, so combine that with all the cute happenings in the game, and you have a hilarious time.

I'm looking forward to picking up the upcoming figurines for this game, as Blathers has always been my favourite special villager in the Animal Crossing series.

Its a really relaxing game. Its also perfect to play with your parents, since there is no buttons involved. Its the game of Life: Nintendo Edition.

fernoca

Yeah, since release I enjoyed the game for what it was: a more laid back, relax, funny board game, with a ton of the Animal Crossing charm.

That it could be better? In many ways. But what it is, provides a good time.

Blues1990

Its a really relaxing game. Its also perfect to play with your parents, since there is no buttons involved. Its the game of Life: Nintendo Edition.

I actually found it to be the perfect introductory video game for my 3 year old nephew, who plays alongside with his mum. Even when bad things happen, they appear to be more hilarious than being actual horrible events, so it works out.

Yeah, since release I enjoyed the game for what it was: a more laid back, relax, funny board game, with a ton of the Animal Crossing charm.

That it could be better? In many ways. But what it is, provides a good time.

Indeed. At least it's fun to play, unlike for Mario Party 10, which is the antithesis of a fun virtual board game-style video game.

And while I wish there were deeper elements (purchasing and investing property, customizing the human villagers to resemble your New Leaf/Happy Home Designer Villager), the game does what it was set out to do, and you can't fault it for that.

I'm with you guys. We've had a pretty great time with this game to just chill out after a stressful day of work. Just engaging enough to entertain while working on dinner or something. Plus, Tom Nook's second to last costume was almost worth the price of admission. I really like seeing some of the odd costumes.

Blues1990

I'm with you guys. We've had a pretty great time with this game to just chill out after a stressful day of work. Just engaging enough to entertain while working on dinner or something. Plus, Tom Nook's second to last costume was almost worth the price of admission. I really like seeing some of the odd costumes.
You mean the nightgown & nightcap combo? Yeah, some of the new costumes that you unlock for the characters we're really out there, but I found them to be cute, all the same. I love Isabelle's green dress & Digby's autumn outfit, & I'm curious to see what outfits Blathers, Celeste, Kicks, & Resetti will obtain.

You mean the nightgown & nightcap combo?

That's the one. He's our highest level, so it was out of nowhere since we didn't notice any themes yet. I'm really curious about most of wave 2 since they have fewer previous costumes to pull from. I think Resetti will be sporting his groundhog's day tuxedo at some point.

Blues1990

That's the one. He's our highest level, so it was out of nowhere since we didn't notice any themes yet. I'm really curious about most of wave 2 since they have fewer previous costumes to pull from. I think Resetti will be sporting his groundhog's day tuxedo at some point.

That one seems to be a guarantee, as Mr. Resetti was wearing that outfit during the in-game Groundhog's Day event. I'm drawing blanks with Blather's and Celeste, as they haven't had any additional costumes in previous entries of the series (though it will be ironic if Blathers get's a insect-related costume to wear). Kicks will probably have his City Folk look, but again, I can't think of any other outfit he has worn in past games.

Kapp'n will most likely have his bus driver, taxi cab, & blue vest. Timmy & Tommy Nook will have outfits from the various store upgrades (such as the Nookingtons and T&T Mart outfits). And who knows what Rover will have. :/

Meier

My wife picked this up recently and we played it a bit during the holiday break. She's pretty hooked and ended up buying a second pack of cards (she also has HHD) and fortunately we got no duplicates so we now have 16 Amiibo cards. I think some of the criticism of it is actually a bit undue.

The core board game is actually pretty decent IMO and reminded me a lot of Life or some of those other games that were just totally luck of the draw. We've unlocked a handful of the minigames as well and she's been really enjoying the Island Escape (or whatever) one in particular. The variety from the cards adds some interesting elements to that game as well as the balloon one (different weights handle differently). As effectively a $40 game with 2 $10 Amiibo figures, I think the price was actually just about right. I think Wario posted about it getting down to $31 for the bundle and that was an insanely good deal IMO.

fernoca

Yep.
This game received a ton of flack simply because it wasn't what many expected or even wanted. Some saw it as an insult to them, and decided to hate everything about it without any justification, just because "it wasn't a real AC game".

Is not the best game ever, is not the best board game or even party game out there, but it does well what it does.

It could be better (I would've started everyone on the hub and move up from there, instead of forcing people to play the board game twice to unlock the hub); but is far from being the disaster that many claim it is, without even playing it.

Blues1990

I'm pretty certain that most of you guys don't care a lick about Amiibo Festival, but I've been in the progress of unlocking the costumes for the playable characters. I'm almost done with Isabelle, K.K., Mabel, and Tom Nook, so here is what I have so far:

Level 1 Costumes:

Level 2 Costumes:

Level 3 Costumes:

Level 4 Costumes:

I'll be updating this post once I unlock their level 5 & 6 costumes. Tom Nooks in particular is pretty crazy.

ShyMel

In all honesty, since I got the bundle off of Amazon at $30, it was worth the money. Would I have liked it set up more like the earlier Mario Party games? Yes, but for what I paid it was a pretty good deal. I need to work on unlocking the costumes.

Yeah, I think the game gets a bad rap when people judge it for what it isn't rather than what it is. I do think the full 60 dollar price was a little much, but it's a fine board game simulator with some neat mini-games. I'd say 40 dollars would have been the sweet spot as a starting price, with 30 being a good mark-down price.

Rodin

I agree, selling it for 60$ was definitely a mistake because if they presented this as a f2p game to use with your amiibo (or a 40$ bundle where you basically get 35$ worth of amiibo and game is 5$) the reception would have been very different.

My mom is a huge AC fan, instead of buying her two amiibos and a pack of cards for 35€ i spent the same amount and bought her this, with that gorgeous package and the game. For 40$ and under, i'd say it's worth it. It's fun to play at birthdays, Christmas etc with your family and friends. Now it's actually 24 bucks on Amazon Italia, if anyone in Europe is interested.

EDIT: 20.98€ now

Top Bottom