• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer - European Retail Options

**The set of cover plates included in the New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack will not be sold separately in Europe.

I get the impression cover plates have been a bit of a bomb for NoE. Oh well, I'll import it from Japan then.

At launch, a limited number of copies of the game sold in stores will come with one special amiibo card that allows the player to call up the card’s character and let their imagination run wild designing a house for them.
I was under the assumption the game would always come with a pack rather than one card for a limited period, albeit a special one. I take it RRP between physical and digital will be identical (in the case of Kid Icarus while that was years later NOE made that cheaper due to no AR cards+stand).

The Wii U title, Animal Crossing amiibo Festival is the Free To Play one
I can't find a better source than Josh Thomas with "A Nintendo rep told me" which given the reliability of those (anybody remember that Canadian one saying Rayman playable in SSB?) I am unable to trust.

Maybe I am being doubtful but in this age a single tweet from a non-official source shouldn't enough for everyone to conclude, yep its free.

Infernal Monkey said:
I get the impression cover plates have been a bit of a bomb for NoE. Oh well, I'll import it from Japan then.
I'm not so sure I mean certain ones sold out quickly and they are releasing three AC themed plates.

I feel it is more of a move to NOE sticking more desirable plates as hardware bundles (the Xenoblade plate is like this, also Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and MH4 ones) in a feeble attempt to ship more hardware and completely miss the fucking point of the cover plates.

_h8bit

Banned
Wow, I love that New 3DS XL model. I'm all for new AC things so this game is a day one buy for me. Can't wait!

Garou

Does someone yet have an answer for why they are perceptive enough to design the N3DS face plates right-way-up (from almost every viewing angle), but all other model in-built special covers are upside-down?

Well the first one is designed for when the 3DS is opened, the other for when it's closed.

ngower

If that n3DSXL came to the States I'd buy one in a heartbeat, despite having pretty much played everything I want on 3DS and no longer owning the system. That thing is gorgeous.

Dryk

Issue is, as said before, the amiibo cards. The first set (first of several) has 100 cards in including 17 special cards and 83 normal ones. That'll get quite expensive seeing as there's only 3 in a booster.
Considering the common:rare ratio is about 5:1 the US has definitely got the better deal getting 6 in a pack. The numbers in the wild in Japan and PAL territories is going to be completely messed up.

NateDog

Saw it up for pre-order in a local store, not sure which one to get for my GF. I think the XL design is better (much better to be honest) but she'd like the normal N3DS for the faceplates, I'm not sure.

Jofamo

I've been keeping my eye out for preorders of this in the UK. It seems while everyone so far has he standard game up for about £35/£40, only Amazon UK so far has the 3DS bundles, and the NFC reader bundle.

They have the standard available (with Amiibo card) for £34.85
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo 3DS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ZGEXQJW/

But to my surprise, the bundle with the NFC reader and card is only £4 more, at £38.61
Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer + Amiibo Card + NFC Reader / Writer (Nintendo 3DS) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0100J2A6C/

Seems like a pretty good deal, for what I'd imagine would be a £10-£20 accessory on its own. Considering I'm buying a physical copy for my GF who still has the old 3DS, this is pretty nice.

New Nintendo 3DS Face Plate - Exclusive to Bundle
CMM_N3DS_ACHHD_CoverPlate_With_Hardware_mediaplayer_large.jpg

New Nintendo 3DS XL
CMM_N3DSXL_ACHHD_Bundle_PS_UKV_mediaplayer_large.jpg
These two look really nice. I wish NOA got something like this.

oti

Banned
The faceplate so cute I'm gonna die.
They should release a night faceplate for black N3DSs though.

moozoom

Just saw the price of the cards on fnac.fr and amazon.fr websites : 4,99 € (Ehhhh... a bit on the expensive side for 3 cards. OUCH ) The orders are limited to 3 items per customer on Amazon.

Also I saw this faceplate, that I didn't know about :

hBqOJD0.png

Purdy

Please tell me that faceplate will be available outside bundle via import?

Also where do we buy the album thing

Purdy

It's currently only a freebie with 3DS bundles on the official store. Don't seem to have it separately. It's really annoying.

Fuck sake... might sell my N3DS, its the Ambassador one but I don't think its any different other than the plates I received lol

Nintendo UK store has pre-orders up. Finally some real RRP numbers. HYPE! Well they're not € prices...

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer £40
Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/ Writer £18
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer £35
New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition Pack £210
New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack £180
Animal Crossing amiibo Cards Pack - Series 1 £3.49

Am I right in thinking the Japanese cards are 300 Yen for the same thing which means today (if the Japanese cards were in stock and shipping was zero...it will be fairly low for a company like Nintendo) you are looking at prices that are double.

Robin64

Am I right in thinking the Japanese cards are 300 Yen for the same thing which means today (if the Japanese cards were in stock and shipping was zero...it will be fairly low for a company like Nintendo) you are looking at prices that are double.

Yep. Price for a single card:

Japan: £0.62
America: £0.64
UK: £1.16

magiustra

Is it known if we can use a single NFC Reader with more than a 3DS? Like mine and the one that my girlfriend use. And what about the Amiibo Cards? Can we share them?

NateDog

Nintendo UK store has pre-orders up. Finally some real RRP numbers. HYPE! Well they're not € prices...

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer + NFC Reader/Writer £40
Nintendo 3DS NFC Reader/ Writer £18
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer £35
New Nintendo 3DS XL Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Edition Pack £210
New Nintendo 3DS + Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer Pack £180
Animal Crossing amiibo Cards Pack - Series 1 £3.49

Are you looking for Euro prices? I'm in Ireland and pre-ordered the XL 3DS pack for €280. Not sure if that'll be the standard price across the board but the place I ordered with isn't necessarily always particularly cheap or anything.

Top Bottom