• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Timeaisis

VOTE: Freakzilla149

I honestly don't feel very strongly about this, but I prefer going for him over nin and we've got to evict someone.

Kalor

I feel that if Freakzilla was HHA, they would be a bit more active and actually discuss during the day. It just stands out too much to be an intentional play by a HHA member. Of course their eviction will at least clear some suspicions but I'm going to stick with my vote for now

Mazre

Have we all just been distracted by the insanity of the other thread? >_>

I read all your posts as Mabel with space dementia. There's no other way.

Haha, didn't even notice Blarg's avy was actually Mabel, amazing. Kudos to you Blarg, it was certainly entertaining, hope to have the chance to play with you in a future mafia game.

Mazre

HELLO!!!!!!!

Welp, guess I'll ramble for a bit. If I can't discuss with others I can at least discuss with myself. nin1000 and freakzilla strike me as the lowest common denominator, conservative play. No it's not lost on me that I originally nominated nin1000 on day 2. At the time I was doubtful of Hippie's involvement and attempting to provide a plausible alternative. The specifics of my argument haven't particularly changed, nor have they strengthened. freakzilla has been somewhat frustrating but I similarly don't feel that theres much stronger evidence for him either. So I guess I'll be somewhat consistent and work towards an alternative candidate, in part because I'm a bit of a contrarian and in part because a subset of us pushing out he bottom as a plurality generally will tell us the least.

Gonna make a few posts and recap on our present residents. I'll try not to spend too long on anyone and most of what I post will be based on my notes, feelings, anecdotal observations. I will very likely have a few inaccurate statements, I'm not trying to pull a fast one just don't want to spend all night on this. Please don't take what I post as gospel and feel free to point out my errors, provide corrections, and offer additional commentary.

Mazre

Guess I'll just start from A-1 and go, will try to break this up to 1-2 people per post to stop a mega post.

A-1: Haly
Day 1 vote: No Evict
Day 2 vote: No Vote (early vote for hippie unvoted)
Role claim: Don't think he has, can't recall
Commentary: Very active day 1 and 2 (much appreciated), influential in arguing against Hippie, has been somewhat inactive by comparison in day 3. Falls into area Kalor claims to have observed activity in during night 1 (but not night 2).
Personal Note: Haly, you may feel legitimate doubt about your hunches so far but town needs you and your arguments in the game. Even if you, lmq, myself and others butt heads it's still useful. I'm just as likely to have been wrong about nin1000 when I nominated him and odds are regardless of the outcome for this days voting we will be wrong again. All part of the game, get back in the saddle.

A-2: Kalor
Day 1 vote: No evict
Day 2 vote: Hippie
Role Claim: (claimed) Light sleeper (observes night time activity in surrounding 8 squares, 5 due to edge placement, only observes actions taken by Haly, KingKitty, RNH, and Mazre, active or passive)
Commentary: Steady post count, not high, not low, generally providing some commentary. Doesn't seem to rock the boat. Role claim is interesting as it's difficult to prove/disprove, generally useful for town, less useful for HHA.

Mazre

A-3 Kingkitty
Day 1 Vote: Mazre
Day 2 Vote: Freakzilla
Role: Has not claimed as far as I'm aware
Commentary: A bit sparse in his posting but seems to at least be keeping regular with the thread. Doesn't seem to be following the consensus in his voting.

A-4 Salvapot
Day 1 Vote: No evict
Day 2 Vote: Hippie (last minute change from Tomakasatnav claiming wanted to guarantee there was not a tie leading to a no evict)
Role: Has not claimed?
Commentary: Fairly active poster, not afraid to get into it. Has voted early (and often), jumps around somewhat but has both days ended up with the crowd so far.

A-5 Darryl
Day 1 Vote: franconp
Day 2 Vote: hippie
Commentary: On the quiet side, but at least he votes. Part of Razmos's gossip chat.

Mazre

Just to be clear, you all don't have to wait for me to finish to jump in. We're at approximately 17 hrs to go.

B-1 RobotNinjaHornets
Vote Day 1: No vote
Vote Day 2: Hippie
Role: No role claimed?
Commentary: Fairly active, provides analysis, led a vote I think, in Kalor's zone (as was Kitty and Haly if I forgot to mention them lot going through my head as I type, so we're a bit stream of consciousness here, oh well, tumbleweeds don't seem to mind too much. Hrrmmm...think that's all I've got for now on RNH.

B-2 Lake
Hello fish, I am coming for you.

B-3 Mazre
Vote Day 1: franconp
Vote Day 2: nin1000
Role: Claims day action with some night effect, in Kalor's zone but does not feel that the night effect is an action passive or active according to his parsing of the rules. Is growing a bit stir-crazy.

Just to be clear, you all don't have to wait for me to finish to jump in. We're at approximately 17 hrs to go.

B-1 RobotNinjaHornets
Vote Day 1: No vote
Vote Day 2: Hippie
Role: No role claimed?
Commentary: Fairly active, provides analysis, led a vote I think, in Kalor's zone (as was Kitty and Haly if I forgot to mention them lot going through my head as I type, so we're a bit stream of consciousness here, oh well, tumbleweeds don't seem to mind too much. Hrrmmm...think that's all I've got for now on RNH.

B-2 Lake
Hello fish, I am coming for you.

B-3 Mazre
Vote Day 1: franconp
Vote Day 2: nin1000
Role: Claims day action with some night effect, in Kalor's zone but does not feel that the night effect is an action passive or active according to his parsing of the rules. Is growing a bit stir-crazy.

Was waiting for myself to come up before heading to bed >_>

Yeah, I led the Hobo vote. And still feel bad for it :C

Kitty hasn't claimed a role, but hasn't not claimed having a role either. I.e. he hasn't confirmed that he's normal town. Haly's claimed normal town, as have I. Can't remember Darryl or Salva either, so can't help you out there.

Mazre

Guess that role line was supposed to broken off into commentary as well. Alas.

B-4 Hobohodo
Day 1 Vote: No Evict
Role: Has not claimed? (I'm sure I've gotten this wrong on some or most of these so far)
Commentary: Average activity day 1 and 2, has been very light on activity day 3. Not yet in Razmos's gossip chat. Has tended to follow active voting trends.

B-5 Razmos
Day 2 Vote: No vote (grumble)
Role: Town Gossip - able to invite neighbors (up, down, left, right) to chat at night, confirmed by darryl, timeaisis
Commentary: Fairly active, tends to follow votes when he does vote. I spoke about Raz some in my franconp analysis in recent days so not gonna rehash it all right here.

Mazre

<wheeze> Think I took on more then I realized, thanks to RNH and LMQ for your comments, charging forth!

C-1 Tomakasatnav
Day 1 Vote: No vote
Day 2 Vote: No vote ... >=(
Commentary: About like Kalor minus the role claim, has been pretty steady and generally contributed to discourse when he can, seems to have been on travel this week.

C-2 Tucah (evicted night 1)
Role: Commuter, cannot be removed on even numbered nights
Commentary: Fish bro!

C-3 freakzilla149
Day 2 Vote: Hippie
Role: No claim? Town claim?
Commentary: Low poster, seems to respond when poked, somewhat standoffish.

<wheeze> Think I took on more then I realized, thanks to RNH and LMQ for your comments, charging forth!

I know dude, I was like "oh man, dis gun be good".

At the very least, I greatly appreciate you going through the trouble. It'll give me something to compare my thoughts against.

Also, Toma claimed ordinary villager as well.

Mazre

C-4 Lake
splish splash

C-5 Timeaisis
Day 2 Vote: Haly
Role: Ordinary Villager, claim, tentatively supported by franconp (see earlier analysis)
Commentary: Fairly active, engaged in discussions and voting. Fairly model townie.

D-1 Ourobolous
Day 2 Vote: No vote (hippie until unvoted to prevent early majority)
Role: No claim? villager claim?
Commentary: avg activity with perhaps some lulls, does engage in discussion and does pay attention to voting, RNG does not like him. Member of Foshy's gossip chat

D-1 Ourobolous
Day 2 Vote: No vote (hippie until unvoted to prevent early majority)
Role: No claim? villager claim?
Commentary: avg activity with perhaps some lulls, does engage in discussion and does pay attention to voting, RNG does not like him. Member of Foshy's gossip chat

If this isn't conclusive evidence of his guilty, I don't know what is.

Mazre

D-2 Foshy
Day 2 Vote: No vote (I cry everytime)
Role: Town Gossip, claim, confirmed by Ourobolous, claimed after Razmos first claimed
Commentary: Fairly inactive, seems to want to try though, do or do not sir. Even a post a day can be helpful, no one expects you to undertake this ordeal or post at LMQ levels. Goes for all of our low posters.

D-3 Lake
Again with the water...

D-4a franconp
Day 2 Vote: No vote (why you wanna break my heart)
Role: Investigator (claim), can see a players role name only once per night, has claimed to have investigated Razmos night 1, and Timeaisis night 2, with both of them confirming the results
Commentary: A boat load from yesterday, otherwise somewhat inactive except when mentioned, more active day 3 when claiming role claiming due to constant attention, has received relatively few final votes though.

Karkador, could you do me a favor and link the final tally for day 1 in op area somewhere? Hope I'm not just blind, kind of a pain when I want to reference it specifically, thanks.

Mazre

D-4b ultron87
Day 1 Vote: No Evict (last vote securing majority and ending phase)
Day 2 Vote: Hippie
Role: Troublemaker, (claim) can act at night to force a double eviction in next day phase (once per game?)
Commentary: Active day 1, somewhat lurky day 2, day 3 (where did you, where did you go? =( ), has at least been around to vote, was a veteran of first round of GAF mafia? Get in here yo we need some discussion badly.

D-5 LunaticLMD
Votes (N/A)
Role: claim ga nai
Commentary: New guy replacing an inactive, welcome! Take your time, pretty sure you're in the clear on your first day, please share your thoughts though, and don't forget to vote!

E-1 EzekelRAGE
Votes (N/A)
Role: no claim?
Commentary: Also new guy replacing inactive, welcome again. Thanks for your participation and activity.

Mazre

E-2 nin1000
Day 2 Vote: No vote (was hippie until unvote)
Role: ordinary villager (claim)
Commentary: Again apologies if you feel that you were targeted unfairly or have been painted into a corner. I stand by my choice at the time following my argument on the no evict/hippie combo, combined with activity/gut feeling. Was trying to find an alternative to the current dogpile and also trying to base it in concrete actions. My best advice to you is to participate and offer alternatives when possible, shelling up and lashing out will often produce undesirable results. I hope I'm not banned from the coffee shop.

E-3 Coppanuva (evict night 2)
Day 1 Vote: No Vote
Role: Ordinary Villager
Commentary: As Haly (I think) mentioned, I too was somewhat suspicious prior to his night eviction. Again though was only a gut feeling and didn't match my working pattern. Seemed to fit the Kalor/Tom mold as far as activity participation.

Mazre

E-4 LaunchpadMcQ
Role: villager (claim)?
Commentary: Our top poster by a wide margin, though I may have hit a local maxima this evening. Very involved in discussion and voting.

E-5 HippieHobo (Day 2 evict)
Day 2 Vote: nin1000 * 2
Role: Mayor , can double vote (not mandatory)
Commentary: Not much to say, rookie player who came on strong in day 2 and ended up getting burned by it. Cheers to you Hippie at least you went out swinging.

Mazre

But wait! There's more!

Seems like we have a decent spread of represented timezones and activity periods. All the more reason it's important for us to participate and check in regularly. Seems we may also have a few english as second language posters, apologies if that has led to any misunderstandings.

For the record I'm currently East coast US with a 9-5 job. The first day phase I was on business travel in Japan, lot's of commute time and insomnia to post in. Currently evenings are my main active period, though I can do quick check ins in the morning and at lunch.

Mazre

The flood that ushered in LunaticLMD magically fixed Coppa's house as well, as previously alluded to by Darryl.

SalvaPot

A-3 Kingkitty
Day 1 Vote: Mazre
Day 2 Vote: Freakzilla
Role: Has not claimed as far as I'm aware
Commentary: A bit sparse in his posting but seems to at least be keeping regular with the thread. Doesn't seem to be following the consensus in his voting.

A-4 Salvapot
Day 2 Vote: Hippie (last minute change from Tomakasatnav claiming wanted to guarantee there was not a tie leading to a no evict)
Commentary: Fairly active poster, not afraid to get into it. Has voted early (and often), jumps around somewhat but has both days ended up with the crowd so far.

A-5 Darryl
Day 1 Vote: franconp
Commentary: On the quiet side, but at least he votes. Part of Razmos's gossip chat.

I claimed ordinary villager, no powers except voting and talking.

Mazre

Unofficial vote tally update:

nin1000 (4)
LaunchPadMcQ
Kalor
SalvaPot
EzekelRAGE
Haly
tomakasatnav

freakzilla149 (7)
RobotNinjaHornets
Ourobolus
RobotNinjaHornets
SalvaPot
Razmos
nin1000
EzekelRage
Timeaisis

LunaticLMD <replacing 21GunShow> (1)
RobotNinjaHornets
Darryl

franconp & ultron87 (0)
EzekelRAGE
Haly

Foshy (0)
Razmos

SalvaPot (1)
freakzilla149

Mazre

Well nothing is jumping out at me as a significantly viable to alternative to nin1000/freakzilla much to my chagrin. I'm gonna try looking at it one more time from the angle of "Is there anyone whom we can garner information from their eviction" though I'm not overly optimistic this will turn up anything. At present I'm leaning towards a vote for freak, though all said I'm really not happy with that play. Will hold my official vote till morning (EDT) since we're 4 votes from hitting majority.

Mazre

Another question to think about:

Is a claim of ordinary villager or a claim of a special role more indicative of HHA behavior? Does it depend on the specificity, the special role claimed?

Ourobolus

Banned

Is a claim of ordinary villager or a claim of a special role more indicative of HHA behavior? Does it depend on the specificity, the special role claimed?
I imagine ordinary villager is more indicative in the sense that it is harder to check. One, we now have an investigator, and two, having a special role invites questions. Let's take Kalor for instance (I am not implicating Kalor). If we were able to determine that something within his radius never actually happened yet he reported it, then there would be questions.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Depends on the context. As a general claim, "Ordinary Villager" is probably more indicative of HHA behavior. A specific false role claim is more likely to happen as a gambit to defend against an impending eviction, especially if it's one that cannot be confirmed by other users, for example:

You all vote for evict me.
I role claim Doctor or Guardian or whatever.
Said I was protecting roomies for such and such days.
There is no way for anyone to confirm if I actually protected them.
I've successfully instilled doubt into everyone's minds.

But as I said, "Ordinary Villager" is more likely otherwise because the moment people run out of leads to go through, the first thing they do is comb through the past for role claims to try to press on them.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I should point out that, yes, this describes francorp fully though I'm still reasonably trustful of him at this point.

SalvaPot

A ordinary villager claim early in the game is a good strategy since there are lots of them and its going to take a while to get them all, also investigative roles are less likely to check them for fear of wasting the night.

It's definitely more indicative on the whole. It doesn't put the player in a position where they can contradict themselves or have inconsistencies pointed out.

For example, and yes this is still bugging me, Ultron's role claim stands out to me because the part about him being identified but his allegiance not being announced when he uses his action doesn't make sense. After he's been called out as the person who used the power, why would he need to hide his side? If he's town, the HHA would have already known he wasn't on their side; hiding his allegiance from the township makes him an easy choice for eviction.

Honestly, it feels like straight up baloney. The balancing of the power seems legit, but it feels too specific and the secondary power is redundant. What's more, the primary power could backfire. It forces us to vote for two people, which is bizarre since we usually have a choice of a no evict.

Karkador

Banned
Just noticed my mistake with the Coppanuva house, lol. Sorry everyone, I'll fix it soon.
Coppanuva is most certainly dead living happily somewhere else.

ultron87

It's definitely more indicative on the whole. It doesn't put the player in a position where they can contradict themselves or have inconsistencies pointed out.

For example, and yes this is still bugging me, Ultron's role claim stands out to me because the part about him being identified but his allegiance not being announced when he uses his action doesn't make sense. After he's been called out as the person who used the power, why would he need to hide his side? If he's town, the HHA would have already known he wasn't on their side; hiding his allegiance from the township makes him an easy choice for eviction.

Honestly, it feels like straight up baloney. The balancing of the power seems legit, but it feels too specific and the secondary power is redundant. What's more, the primary power could backfire. It forces us to vote for two people, which is bizarre since we usually have a choice of a no evict.

It doesn't out my alignment because that makes it the choice to use it more interesting and require some gamesmanship. If I could, on the first night, do a thing that marks me definitely as Town that'd make using the power super beneficial to me even if it isn't to the village as a whole. As it is now using doesn't really do anything for me, beyond confirming my earlier claim, since it doesn't tell the alignment. So that takes out the "use it to confirm myself as town" temptation and makes the only reasonable choice using it when it benefits the town the most. It isn't a "redundant secondary power" it's just the way it works.

Of course the primary power could backfire. Nearly every power in a Mafia game can backfire. That's why it's an interesting game. Investigators can screw up and reveal power roles to the Mafia. Doctors can save Mafia from a neutral or town killer. Etc. Etc.

I'm not actually sure if using it forces two people to get evicted. It says the two highest vote getters would get evicted if applicable. So if the vote is unanimous only one person is gone. I'm checking with Karkador to see if "No Evict" could take one of those two slots as well.

I'm going to read over Nin and Freak to see what I'm feeling here before I vote.

kingkitty

Ultron + franconp's role claims should make the roomies an even bigger target. If they do survive, it will be interesting to see if franconp can prove his role.

Of course, he could be a mafia version of an investigator. Or a mafia who can get info from other mafia.

I'm still curious about Freakzilla. His death err eviction, could prove worthwhile.

ultron87

I'm not convinced on Freakzilla as HHA after reading over his "defense" on page 10. I realize I've said before that the things said in posts are mostly hogwash for determining things (because you can take all the time in the world to write them and consider what you're posting), but I dunno. Those posts seem convincingly indignant.

Nin's coming out in the defense of Freak seems to have been the thing that brought the suspicion. I think we can at least assume that they BOTH aren't HHA, since forming an obvious connection like that would be an insane thing to do. So we can look at the other possible combinations of alignments for those two.

The only thing that makes sense with Nin as an HHA would be putting in defense on a townie so that, after Freak got voted out (which seemed inevitable for a bit there) they could go back later and say "well I defended him!" That seems pretty dangerous, to single one self out against the group like that just for the possibility that you can later point at a rather insubstantial thing to support one's townness. The other scenarios of town defending town or town defending HHA that they think is town just make way mores sense to me.

So, I don't really feel super strongly about either of them.

ultron87

Addendum: Of course, at this point in the game we're never going to feel super strongly about a vote. We're only doing slightly better than picking a name out of a hat for finding HHA. I'll probably vote Freak since there aren't other viable options, but with the 3 vote lead right now the only thing my vote will do right now is get us closer to an early day end, which I'd rather avoid.

Foshy

Personally I'd like to go with nin over freakzilla now. As I said earlier, I think it's likely that someone surrounding me or Razmos is HHA and nobody else fitting that description has been acting weird yet.

EVICT: nin1000

Mazre

VOTE: freakzilla149

Heading to work soon. 5 hours till deadline. Don't really like this play but have been unsuccessful in finding an alternative path for now.

Top Bottom