• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Razmos

I just remembered, it was Mazre who suggested that I don't invite Hobohodo to my chat:
Razmos if still possible do NOT invite hobohodo today, wait till day phase 4

I'd like to know the reasoning for this, if possible, now that his role is revealed.

Mazre

I investigated Mazre and can confirm he is a town gossip.

Correct.

3 gossips? madness

3 so far. Certainly possible given the maps layout for at least 1 more and still within reason.

Mazre, will you be sharing your gossip findings or are you keeping mum for now?

Sadly there isn't much to share at this point. Remember, none of the members of a gossip chat have any indication on the alignment of their fellow members. Opinions may be a little more free in gossip chat but it's not like everyone is spilling their guts either.

Mazre

Also of note is that we have gossip crossover, Hobohodo is within range of both me and Mazre

I just remembered, it was Mazre who suggested that I don't invite Hobohodo to my chat:

I'd like to know the reasoning for this, if possible, now that his role is revealed.

In the event that franconp went through with 'investigating' me I wanted to limit the number of people who could've provided that information (in the event that franconp is not actually an investigator.) If you had invited Hobohodo and there was an HHA in your chat it might have provided a means for that information to leak. Of course there could be an HHA in my chat as well. Though going back to the simplest explanation, franconp is most likely an investigator.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Karkador, may I make another request? Include the names of those players who lived in the demolished houses. As the game has progressed, it's become more and more obvious how important the layout is and I would rather refer to the map than the list of names. Strike them out to show they were evicted.

Mazre

Is gossip a day or night action?

Day action, gossip invites an immediate neighbor up/down/left/right to join their chat. Karkador provides a link to the invitee prior to the night phase beginning.

He sends invites during the day, chats at night.

Also, just to confirm, who did you use your chats with on the first two nights Mazre?

I invited Hobohodo on day 1, and kingkitty on day 2. To clear up a possible misconception once someone has been invited they are a permanent member of the chat. We can only post at night but can read it at anytime.

Haly

I was just wondering if Kalor detected people gossiping. So I take it the invitation is an activity but "joining" a chat isn't, that or Kalor's detection only works for night actions.

Razmos

In the event that franconp went through with 'investigating' me I wanted to limit the number of people who could've provided that information (in the event that franconp is not actually an investigator.) If you had invited Hobohodo and there was an HHA in your chat it might have provided a means for that information to leak. Of course there could be an HHA in my chat as well. Though going back to the simplest explanation, franconp is most likely an investigator.
Ah, that makes sense. fair enough.

Mazre

I was just wondering if Kalor detected people gossiping. So I take it the invitation is an activity but "joining" a chat isn't, that or Kalor's detection only works for night actions.

Assuming that Kalor's ability isn't fabricated it would seem the chat portion is undetected. We've chatted every night and he reported no activity on night 2.

3 Gossips? Could HHA not have a traditional investigator role on their side, but instead need to find out specific role information from these chats?

Haly

I think the gossips are there to find HHA, rather than the other way around. Given enough time, everyone role claims eventually so they just need to look at our discussion.

Not ruling out the possibility of an HHA gossip though.

Unfortunately, I don't think we can write off francorp as a legitimately town-aligned investigator just yet. Even if I'm right about kingkitty being a commuter, Hobohodo could still have leaked the information that Mazre was a gossip; and until there's something definite on kingkitty's role, he's still a suspect anyway. If Mazre had instead chatted with freakzilla, we'd have one less suspect... but that's not how the cookie crumbled this time.

On that note, I find pretty... let's say 'odd' that Hobohodo is a shared neighbor between two gossips.

Razmos

On that note, I find pretty... let's say 'odd' that Hobohodo is a shared neighbor between two gossips.
I find that very suspicuous honestly, he's in a prime position to get a lot of info regarding a good number of players.
I'm glad I didn't invite him now, honestly.

I find that very suspicuous honestly, he's in a prime position to get a lot of info regarding a good number of players.
I'm glad I didn't invite him now, honestly.

I hadn't though of that but yeah, holy crap. He's a part of two chat networks and if he gets in both, it would backfire on both of them.

His position is even more useful than even an HHA-aligned gossip.

SalvaPot

Cool, everyone survived. So what now? Seems we have 3 gossips, that is interesting.

And since no one died is it fair to assume there is a role that can protect others or itself? Maybe somthing like Tucah´s role but with odd numbers.

AC%20VOTING.jpg

I think the above image is right, someone can double check. So crossing the Day 3 vote with the day 2 vote with hippie and freak we have.

RobotNinjaHornet
SalvaPot
Ourobolus crosses both, but unvoted hippie.

Raz/Fosh/Maz are our confirmed gossips
With Maz/Fran confirming each other's info, Fran is confirmed cop or w/e right? Assuming we believe all these people are town the confirmed town list is

Razmos, Foshy, Mazre, Timeasis, Francomp

Ultron/Kalor/KingKitty have claimed town power roles.

For whatever it's worth Freak felt Salva/LMQ were worth looking it.

Karkador, may I make another request? Include the names of those players who lived in the demolished houses. As the game has progressed, it's become more and more obvious how important the layout is and I would rather refer to the map than the list of names. Strike them out to show they were evicted.

Something like this?

ac%20town%20map_1.jpg

Haly

When did you switch houses with Lunatic?

Also Lunatic hasn't contributed as much I feel. Speak up man, or else we're going to evict you!

Raz/Fosh/Maz are our confirmed gossips
With Maz/Fran confirming each other's info, Fran is confirmed cop or w/e right? Assuming we believe all these people are town the confirmed town list is

Razmos, Foshy, Mazre, Timeasis, Francomp

Ultron/Kalor/KingKitty have claimed town power roles.

Not so fast there. It probably should have occurred to us before this (actually, well, most of us didn't know Mazre was a gossip so), but there are some possibilities here.

1) There are town gossips that are HHA.
2) There is an HHA in Razmos' network (Timeaisis or Darryl) and there's a different one in Mazre's network (kingkitty or Hobohodo).

For possible' network configurations:
Scenario 1: Timeaisis in HHA; francorp is HHA. Therefore, francorp lies about Timeaisis' role. kingkitty or Hobohodo are HHA and share Mazre's role with francorp.
Scenario 2: Timeaisis is an ordinary villager, mentions it in the chat, Darryl is HHA and gives info to francorp who is also HHA. Above about Mazre's network is also true. (Timeaisis can disprove this)
Scenario 3: Razmos is HHA. Gave francorp Timeaisis' role information. Above about Mazre's network is also true. (Timeaisis can also disprove this)
scenario 4: Everyone is who they say they are.

That said, the playing field has certainly changed since day 3 (correct me if I missed someone):

Ordinary Villagers
LaunchpadMcQ
Tamo
RobotNinjaHornets
SalvaPot
LunacticMD (21GunShow roleclaimed ordinary villager)
Haly
Timeaisis (confirmed only if francomp is confirmed as investigator)
EzekelRAGE

Special Roles
Mazre (Town Gossip, confirmed, allegiance unknown)
Razmos (Town Gossip, confirmed, allegiance unknown)
Ultron (Troublemaker)
francomp (Investigator)
Kalor (light sleeper, don't have a reason to doubt his roleclaim is true)
Foshy (Town Gossip, confirmed, allegiance unknown)

Not Claimed
kingkitty (I think he's a second Communter)
Ourobolous
Darryl
Hobohodo
Nin1000

No offense Mazre, but in retrospect, having francorp confirm you wasn't the best call since there were already two people who knew what your role was. Even if you didn't give it a name, just looking at Razmos' roleclaim gives them enough to go on.

franconp

That's why I asked for the mayority to give me 2 or 3 targets to investigate. I let you decide who I should target so I can clean my name. If I decide or only other one decide it isn't much of a proof.

SalvaPot

No offense Mazre, but in retrospect, having francorp confirm you wasn't the best call since there were already two people who knew what your role was. Even if you didn't give it a name, just looking at Razmos' roleclaim gives them enough to go on.

I told you guys and you didn´t listened -__-, but ok then, I hope next inspection is something useful and I think we should focus on either someone who claimed ordinary villager or someone who has yet to claim. I honestly feel we shouldn´t evict someone that has not claimed because there is a good chance we might get a doctor/protector.

Also, is it me or the list of ordinary villagers is way WAY too long?

That's why I asked for the mayority to give me 2 or 3 targets to investigate. I let you decide who I should target so I can clean my name. If I decide or only other one decide it isn't much of a proof.

I told you guys and you didn´t listened -__-, but ok then, I hope next inspection is something useful and I think we should focus on either someone who claimed ordinary villager or someone who has yet to claim. I honestly feel we shouldn´t evict someone that has not claimed because there is a good chance we might get a doctor/protector.

Well, I did put kingkitty and Ouro forward as the ones we should investigate. kingkitty didn't want to, but Ouro agreed to it. I was also in agreement investigating Mazre was a waste, but for a different reason at the time.

That's the count I've got for ordinary villagers. I think it's accurate, even if it is long. There are supposed to be more ordinary villagers than any other role, but of course there are likely some impostors among us.

SalvaPot

Well, I did put kingkitty and Ouro forward as the ones we should investigate. kingkitty didn't want to, but Ouro agreed to it. I was also in agreement investigating Mazre was a waste, but for a different reason at the time.

That's the count I've got for ordinary villagers. I think it's accurate, even if it is long. There are supposed to be more ordinary villagers than any other role, but of course there are likely some impostors among us.

I am not saying is not accurate, I am saying that there has to be someone who is lying in that list.

Haly

I think it's actually non-typical that we'd have this many power roles.

Haly

I believe in francorp, but I also think someone out of the roomies is HHA because... they just survived! After he role claimed investigator. I mean, if they weren't HHA then why weren't they targeted (protected?) and if they were HHA well, then they wouldn't target themselves this early. Maybe as a distraction tactic later on but not at this point.

I don't think investigating kingkitty would be useful now. I think I should investigate someone who isn't in a chat.

Yeah, I brought him forward before we knew Mazre was a gossip. Ouro would have been a better choice since even though he's part of a chat network, he says he's never told anyone his role.

I believe in francorp, but I also think someone out of the roomies is HHA because... they just survived! After he role claimed investigator. I mean, if they weren't HHA then why weren't they targeted (protected?) and if they were HHA well, then they wouldn't target themselves this early. Maybe as a distraction tactic later on but not at this point.

It's certainly possible still that either of them is HHA. In lieu of that, they've been trying to knock out the players with unconfirmed roles it seems.

Haly

Kingkitty said "whatever role I'm confirmed to be I'd rather it not be outed in the thread", which could be taken as an admission of a role but it could just be a different wording of "I don't want to role claim either way".

I've never claimed a power role. I haven't claimed any role.

iirc fran said he only gets the role title if it's a power role and ordinary villager if they are a villager.

When someone suggested fran investigate you

shrug, sure. But whatever role I'm confirmed to be, I rather it not be outed in the thread.

I read that as you claiming town. Since if you were HHA, the HHA would know who you were already. Looks like an attempt to hide a possible power role.

If I happened to be picked by the investigator, I rather he just say "yeah he's a townie" and leave it at that.
Another response where you want to make it look like your a townie?

When someone said you were a standard townie
huh, when did i claim to be a standard townie?

As far as I know, there are no neutrals? So whether you are a power role or not, you would claim to be townie?

Haly

The wording is definitely suspect. I'd like to move kingkitty to the top of our suspect list for the time being.

nin1000

Banned

Fair to fucking long. It incredibly fishy on one hand to just go out and say "here I am villager, OK were done here?" on the other hand it's a fucking king genius move to do that as your true intentions will never come out. I think we will have to look closed to those who claimed ordinary villager. ( yep that includes me the guy who almost hot evicted 2 times)

Claimed ordinary villager yesterday.

Huh, I read that as a hypothetical.

Ordinary Villagers
LaunchpadMcQ
Tamo
RobotNinjaHornets
SalvaPot
LunacticMD (21GunShow roleclaimed ordinary villager)
Haly
Timeaisis (confirmed only if francomp is confirmed as investigator)
EzekelRAGE
nin1000

Special Roles
Mazre (Town Gossip, confirmed, allegiance unknown)
Razmos (Town Gossip, confirmed, allegiance unknown)
Ultron (Troublemaker)
francomp (Investigator)
Kalor (light sleeper, don't have a reason to doubt his roleclaim is true)
Foshy (Town Gossip, confirmed, allegiance unknown)

Not Claimed
kingkitty (I think he's a second Communter)
Ourobolous
Darryl
Hobohodo

Just reposting it correctly for the record.

The wording is definitely suspect. I'd like to move kingkitty to the top of our suspect list for the time being.

Yea just weird, if you are a power town role, and somebody lumped you into the regular townie group. Would probably be safer that way. Correcting someone about you not being a power role, then telling the investigator not to list your role puts a target on you.(Which he was ok with) The assumption seems to be he is the commuter, going by LMQ's post. If that is true then when/if fran investigates him, the role would come up as commuter, and fran would be able to confirm he is town w/o revealing his role.

kingkitty

I don't see it as suspect. Why make it easy for mafia? Why have a long list of everyone who is an ordinary villager (and therefore not top priority for mafia), and give mafia a clear idea of the most important special roles they need to stamp out.

I mean, if franconp is telling the truth, then mafia already knows who the investigator is. They might have already tried to take down the roomies, but were denied by another special role.

...well. Didn't expect that. Hooray!

Fair to fucking long. It incredibly fishy on one hand to just go out and say "here I am villager, OK were done here?" on the other hand it's a fucking king genius move to do that as your true intentions will never come out. I think we will have to look closed to those who claimed ordinary villager. ( yep that includes me the guy who almost hot evicted 2 times)

Also, if they do turn out to be an ordinary villager when we evict them, at least it's not a power role gone. Of all the townies to evict, non-roled is definitely the best for us.

To kingkitty's credit, of the people around Kalor - Mazre, Haly, RobotNinja - kingkitty is the only one who hasn't claimed a role. What Kalor has heard on the past three night phases is consistent with what a commuter's activity would sound like: activity on night 1, no activity on night 2, activity on night 3. kingkitty was on a short list of players who hadn't had his role confirmed, and the HHA has been targeting players from that list in the first two nights; the third night, they missed their target for some reason. I think it's likelier that they targeted a commuter on night 3 than a doctor actually managing to guess which player was being targeted correctly.

On the other hand, Kalor's role in conjunction with the roles around him prove a little weird. I mean, out of 4 people around him, two are ordinary villagers (supposedly) and one is a gossip, supposedly. What's the point of the role other than to throw a red herring out?

Haly

To facilitate the process of elimination. If Kalor "confirms" that the people around him are active based on a set schedule, then it stands to reason that the HHA won't be there. Or, if there is an HHA power role, if they know Kalor is listening for them then they won't act, effectively silencing the role.

I think that it's there to eliminate some possible HHA members is probably true, but the HHA would have had no idea that Kalor was listening for activity until day 3. As a group, we didn't even know that there were abilities that listened for activity until Tucah was evicted. Up until day 3, I think HHA in that area would have acted pretty much how they would've anyway.

However, it's my strong belief that there are no HHA in that area.

Top Bottom