• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Same. I want to look around and at the gossips. Your quadrant is also kind of suspect for being the only place without any "detectors" nearby, although I guess it's kind of a foregone conclusion that the roommates are suspicious.

Yeah, I was thinking about my quadrant as well. I was thinking maybe 21GunShow's former position would be a good place to put a town gossip, as would mine, but I don't think either of us are gossips. I know this is metagaming, but 21GunShow's inactivity and subsequent booting from the game (in other words, his overall disinterest in the game) makes me believe that he was ordinary, so I think LunacticMD is ordinary now. Same reasoning for Ezekel.

On that note, there have been two roles so far that have used range as a factor in their abilities: town gossip and light sleeper. Are we convinced there would be any more? I'm starting to think we've reached the extent of that mechanic. Perhaps there's another light sleeper in play, though. Looking at the list of unconfirmed players, there's not much room for many more roles, even if they all have different roles. There's a high chance of a doctor in that pool of players.

hmm...

Kalor

I think today we should look at the people who claimed ordinary villager as I bet we have at least one HHA among them. Some people claimed villager and no-one questioned it because why would you? No reason to think twice about a ordinary villager which is why I think there must be a HHA there. Out of the ordinary villager and unclaimed role list, these people stand out to me:

SalvaPot
nin1000
Darryl

I haven't changed my mind in nin from yesterday but I go between the idea of them being HHA or not. Right now I am leaning towards them being a villager.

SalvaPot claimed villager between a bunch of other claims which looked like them trying to throw in a claim when people
would question it the least. Another point that nin mentioned on D2 was that SalvaPot voted for Freakzilla 10 minutes after I made a post mentioning them and Darryl followed the vote shortly after. SalvaPot has been part of all the lynches so far and always goes with the bandwagon, such as voting for freakzilla when freakzilla was getting a lot of votes then they it changed to HippieHobo.

Darryl might be the person that stood out to me the most as on D2 they started posting and referring to stuff as if they participated on D1 which they didn't. Of course HippieHobo did the same but they were trying to learn the game while Darryl doesn't appear to be as inexperienced.Since D2 they've been active but not regularly posting.

Just thought I'd put this out there since I've been thinking about SalvaPot and Darryl for a while now.

Well, even though I brought up this line of investigation two day phases ago, I guess I'll just roll with it...

I agree with Kalor on most of that. I would say my suspicions of nin1000 have diminished greatly since I last accused him, but I still have some doubts. The ones that really jump out at me from the list of ordinary villagers are:

SalvaPost
Tomakasatnav

Toma has barely been chiming in lately, either. In the past day phrases, he's made great efforts to seem inconspicuous, though, which makes me very suspicious.

As for freakzilla's final words, I really don't put much weight in them. He's way wrong about me. lol

Also, I may have missed it, but I don't think Darryl ever claimed ordinary villager.

And I know Kalor didn't mention freakzilla's last words, but it was bugging me from when Ezekel mentioned it.

SalvaPot

I think today we should look at the people who claimed ordinary villager as I bet we have at least one HHA among them. Some people claimed villager and no-one questioned it because why would you? No reason to think twice about a ordinary villager which is why I think there must be a HHA there. Out of the ordinary villager and unclaimed role list, these people stand out to me:

SalvaPot
nin1000
Darryl

I haven't changed my mind in nin from yesterday but I go between the idea of them being HHA or not. Right now I am leaning towards them being a villager.

SalvaPot claimed villager between a bunch of other claims which looked like them trying to throw in a claim when people
would question it the least. Another point that nin mentioned on D2 was that SalvaPot voted for Freakzilla 10 minutes after I made a post mentioning them and Darryl followed the vote shortly after. SalvaPot has been part of all the lynches so far and always goes with the bandwagon, such as voting for freakzilla when freakzilla was getting a lot of votes then they it changed to HippieHobo.

Darryl might be the person that stood out to me the most as on D2 they started posting and referring to stuff as if they participated on D1 which they didn't. Of course HippieHobo did the same but they were trying to learn the game while Darryl doesn't appear to be as inexperienced.Since D2 they've been active but not regularly posting.

Just thought I'd put this out there since I've been thinking about SalvaPot and Darryl for a while now.

Just to clarify, I normally first voted for someone I think is suspicious and then change my vote to follow the bandwagon if I have suspicions on them too. So far all the votes have been blind votes. If you looked back at the hippiehobo I did not want him lynched, but we had to lynch someone that day. So far as an ordinary villager my role has been to stir the pot and see how people react, similar to haly.

And playing ordinary villager is far more fun than with a power role, I can actually talk and have fun, I am normally a wreck of nerves if I get a role.

Darryl

Banned
Yeah, I was thinking about my quadrant as well. I was thinking maybe 21GunShow's former position would be a good place to put a town gossip, as would mine, but I don't think either of us are gossips. I know this is metagaming, but 21GunShow's inactivity and subsequent booting from the game (in other words, his overall disinterest in the game) makes me believe that he was ordinary, so I think LunacticMD is ordinary now. Same reasoning for Ezekel.

On that note, there have been two roles so far that have used range as a factor in their abilities: town gossip and light sleeper. Are we convinced there would be any more? I'm starting to think we've reached the extent of that mechanic. Perhaps there's another light sleeper in play, though. Looking at the list of unconfirmed players, there's not much room for many more roles, even if they all have different roles. There's a high chance of a doctor in that pool of players.

hmm...

That's some stretchy defense for those two players. This game is a huge time commitment. I think it's far more likelier that in this group of 25 people, 2 of them just got overwhelmed. Quite a few people playing this game has had some guilty "sorry I need to catch up" moment. I was out of town for 3 days at one point. The demographics of this forum are probably a lot older and busier than most.

That's some stretchy defense for those two players. This game is a huge time commitment. I think it's far more likelier that in this group of 25 people, 2 of them just got overwhelmed. Quite a few people playing this game has had some guilty "sorry I need to catch up" moment. I was out of town for 3 days at one point. The demographics of this forum are probably a lot older and busier than most.

Well, the other thing to consider is that if these were HHA members, what happens if they have to come to a decision in the night phase and they're still MIA?

Besides, even the people who say they need to catch up do so then eventually post something meaningful or have a string of posts actually discussing what they've read. 21GunShow and SmokinGunZ did neither.

Darryl

Banned
To kingkitty's credit, of the people around Kalor - Mazre, Haly, RobotNinja - kingkitty is the only one who hasn't claimed a role. What Kalor has heard on the past three night phases is consistent with what a commuter's activity would sound like: activity on night 1, no activity on night 2, activity on night 3. kingkitty was on a short list of players who hadn't had his role confirmed, and the HHA has been targeting players from that list in the first two nights; the third night, they missed their target for some reason. I think it's likelier that they targeted a commuter on night 3 than a doctor actually managing to guess which player was being targeted correctly.

On the other hand, Kalor's role in conjunction with the roles around him prove a little weird. I mean, out of 4 people around him, two are ordinary villagers (supposedly) and one is a gossip, supposedly. What's the point of the role other than to throw a red herring out?

Kingkitty was my gamble for the player that would've gotten evicted in that last night phase. Having his role be commuter would make a lot of sense. I think it was so obvious that a doctor could've guessed it, too. To me it felt like we had pressured him into revealing that he had an important role.

I was there most of D1, I just had no idea what I should've been posting about. I have a good enough grasp on it now, but there was no way I was going to have anything to contribute to that huge mess of mindless rambling that was D1.

Darryl

Banned
Well, the other thing to consider is that if these were HHA members, what happens if they have to come to a decision in the night phase and they're still MIA?

Besides, even the people who say they need to catch up do so then eventually post something meaningful or have a string of posts actually discussing what they've read. 21GunShow and SmokinGunZ did neither.

Would the game reach a stalemate or something? I assume that another player on the HHA would just push through an eviction target and we'd never know the difference. And yea, that sounds like they're disinterested. Maybe it's because this game had a slow start. Maybe it's because they didn't know what they were getting into. But I think that saying they quit because they didn't have a role is taking it far. It's not like they can re-roll. The extra roles have additional responsibilities which just make it likelier for someone to get overwhelmed and bail. And let's face it, on GAF not finishing a game you're playing is like status quo.

Would the game reach a stalemate or something? I assume that another player on the HHA would just push through an eviction target and we'd never know the difference. And yea, that sounds like they're disinterested. Maybe it's because this game had a slow start. Maybe it's because they didn't know what they were getting into. But I think that saying they quit because they didn't have a role is taking it far. It's not like they can re-roll. The extra roles have additional responsibilities which just make it likelier for someone to get overwhelmed and bail. And let's face it, on GAF not finishing a game you're playing is like status quo.

That's the fucking truth.

But still, I stand by that assessment. If anything, Ezekel has proven so far that he's a very helpful player all around, which is consistent with what a few of us have been doing so far.

Kingkitty was my gamble for the player that would've gotten evicted in that last night phase. Having his role be commuter would make a lot of sense. I think it was so obvious that a doctor could've guessed it, too. To me it felt like we had pressured him into revealing that he had an important role.

I don't think he was really pressured tbh. When someone said he was a regular townie, he made it a point saying he never claimed to be a standard town

nin1000

Banned

SalvaPot
nin1000
Darryl

I would expand your list with those names Ordinary Villagers

LaunchpadMcQ
Tamo
RobotNinjaHornets
LunacticMD
Haly
Timeaisis
EzekelRAGE

What made you think that those players are not as suspicious as the players you mentioned?
It smells mate! I don't fall for those kind of traps.

Is Tamo on that list meant to be me? Just checking!

Quick one while I'm on the train to work, sorry for any autocorrects.

Good result last night with freak 'just' being an ordinary town, and nice to see we have someone watching our backs!

The main things I'm interested in at the moment are those players surrounding Kalor. It is odd that there's uneven activity, but would we have another Tucah like role? Not impossible by any means since we have 3 gossips..

And then also the housemates. On one side they're 2 players and still here so the HHA hasn't gone for them for some reason? They did last night but we're blocked? I'm a bit worried that all of frans info comes from gossip involved players, and I guess I missed asking for suggestions, I thought he said he just wouldn't say as not to let the HHA know his intentions.

And maybe the other hobo, given their location between the two gossips. Too obvious given the town gossip roles were bound to come out at some point? Or a helping hand from Karkador!

I would expand your list with those names Ordinary Villagers

LaunchpadMcQ
Tamo
RobotNinjaHornets
LunacticMD
Haly
Timeaisis
EzekelRAGE

What made you think that those players are not as suspicious as the players you mentioned?
It smells mate! I don't fall for those kind of traps.

I would say the reason those don't look suspicious is just general feeling I've gotten from them. I would say Kalor feels the same way.

Is Tamo on that list meant to be me? Just checking!

Quick one while I'm on the train to work, sorry for any autocorrects.

Good result last night with freak 'just' being an ordinary town, and nice to see we have someone watching our backs!

The main things I'm interested in at the moment are those players surrounding Kalor. It is odd that there's uneven activity, but would we have another Tucah like role? Not impossible by any means since we have 3 gossips..

And then also the housemates. On one side they're 2 players and still here so the HHA hasn't gone for them for some reason? They did last night but we're blocked? I'm a bit worried that all of frans info comes from gossip involved players, and I guess I missed asking for suggestions, I thought he said he just wouldn't say as not to let the HHA know his intentions.

And maybe the other hobo, given their location between the two gossips. Too obvious given the town gossip roles were bound to come out at some point? Or a helping hand from Karkador!

Yep, that's you. I'm selectively dyslexic.

Worst case scenario is that francorp is being fed information by someone in those chats... but the likeliest scenario is that he's telling the truth. He would have to have two separate players in both Mazre's network and Razmos' network, since Hobohodo hasn't been invited to Razmos' chat. What's more, Timeaisis would have had to state in the chat that he's an ordinary villager. He seems a little too suspicious of people to have done that, so I have my doubts.

Ourobolus

Banned
Missed all the discussion yesterday due to running around during a DC scavenger hunt (so close to winning...urgh!), then couldn't be arsed to do much while nursing my feet.

To kingkitty's credit, of the people around Kalor - Mazre, Haly, RobotNinja - kingkitty is the only one who hasn't claimed a role. What Kalor has heard on the past three night phases is consistent with what a commuter's activity would sound like: activity on night 1, no activity on night 2, activity on night 3. kingkitty was on a short list of players who hadn't had his role confirmed, and the HHA has been targeting players from that list in the first two nights; the third night, they missed their target for some reason. I think it's likelier that they targeted a commuter on night 3 than a doctor actually managing to guess which player was being targeted correctly.

On the other hand, Kalor's role in conjunction with the roles around him prove a little weird. I mean, out of 4 people around him, two are ordinary villagers (supposedly) and one is a gossip, supposedly. What's the point of the role other than to throw a red herring out?

While I agree that there probably is a commuter in that group, it's not easy to determine if a commuter exists based on last night's information - franconp's investigation on Mazre would have triggered Kalor's ability, no?

nin1000

Banned
I would say the reason those don't look suspicious is just general feeling I've gotten from them. I would say Kalor feels the same way.

Sure I got it, but I mean there are several other players who did not chime in, so keep an open mind about all of them. ;)

I know you want to save your mafia buddies but please try harder :3

While I agree that there probably is a commuter in that group, it's not easy to determine if a commuter exists based on last night's information - franconp's investigation on Mazre would have triggered Kalor's ability, no?

I guess that leads to the question of whether Kalor can hear activity done unto players in his range.

Honestly, it's not something that had occurred to me yet, but that's probably true and would give Kalor's role a function beyond his own range. However, the activity that took place on night 1 was probably still due to someone within his range - we know francorp investigated Tucah night 1 and the HHA targeted Tucah as well. There's a slim chance a doctor role went for someone in Kalor's range, though it still exists.

Hmm even though I feel like we're getting closer to some answers, new questions keep popping up...

Sure I got it, but I mean there are several other players who did not chime in, so keep an open mind about all of them. ;)

I know you want to save your mafia buddies but please try harder :3

I just want us to be a happy village without all this violence. I would live in harmony with these HHA if they weren't such meanies. :/

franconp

we know francorp investigated Tucah night 1 and the HHA targeted Tucah as well. There's a slim chance a doctor role went for someone in Kalor's range, though it still exists.

I didn't investigate Tucah. The first night I investigated Razmos.

So far my investigations have been:

Night 1: Razmos
Night 2: Timeaisis
Night 3: Mazre

nin1000

Banned
I just want us to be a happy village without all this violence. I would live in harmony with these HHA if they weren't such meanies. :/

Come join me and have some if this delicious coffee
TcUo2fS

Timeaisis

Sorry for being inactive yesterday, was a bit busy. I'm still reading through everything, but I did a first pass.

A few thoughts here and there:

1. Three gossips seems to imply that gossip isn't a "town-safe" role, as in we can't for sure say someone who is a gossip is confirmed town. Similarly, it muddies the waters for the truthfulness of those that were invited to the gossip's house
2. One gossip may be lying he's a gossip, but this would be risky and involve multiple mafia misdirections
3. Do we have any ability to corroborate the gossip's information via other sources that we currently have (not requiring new roleclaims?) If so, I think it'd be worthwhile to do that.

It seems to me the only gossip's info that has been corroborated has been franconp identifying me as ordinary villager. Unless I missed something?

Welp, with nothing else to go on. We need something to go off of for this day's vote. Unless someone makes a better argument, maybe look at these votes for both hippie/freak.

RobotNinjaHornet
SalvaPot
Ourobolus - ended up unvoting for hippie.

Maybe KingKitty with his weird posting in regards to his town alignment. Don't know what happened last night, but if there was a role block, that could possibly lead to more information on who a HHA member is.

If we did have another (town sided) commuter, what's to stop them from just coming forward? I guess they could be a red herring to a HHA role?

Ourobolus

Banned
If we did have another (town sided) commuter, what's to stop them from just coming forward? I guess they could be a red herring to a HHA role?

I wouldn't want them to come forward, no. If HHA did target the commuter last night (but wasn't aware that it was the commuter), then it's possible they may waste more nights down the road.

Ourobolus

Banned
It's like the last Mafia thread - apparently the Mafia guys were going crazy trying to evict...Palmer (I think?), but he was a sleepwalker and was never in his house when they tried to lynch him.

It's like the last Mafia thread - apparently the Mafia guys were going crazy trying to evict...Palmer (I think?), but he was a sleepwalker and was never in his house when they tried to lynch him.

That's pretty hilarious. I can imagine how frustrated the mafia must have been.

Haly

Foshy, if you see this, I want to know why you haven't voted yet.

We also need a prod for lunatic.

You know what I find really strange? There are supposedly 9 ordinary villagers. 8 of those were claimed before Coppanuva's role was revealed and posted here.

Yet, before Coppanuva's role was revealed, I was literally the only player to use the exact combination of words "ordinary villager" to refer to villagers without powers. You would think that an ordinary villager would put that out there so that other players with the same role could identify them. Heck, I made a play based off this but I broke a rule so I couldn't use it.

So, how is it that 7 of a total 9 supposed normal villagers somehow danced around using that combination of words when it could be used to prove their innocence?

Haly

The solution is clear. KILL ALL VILLAGERS.

Haly

Vote: salvapot

Prolific voter. Voted for two confirmed village aligned players. In one of our blind spots.

He hammered a vote for hippiehobo as well (tipped what would've been a tie).

Ok, let me go down the list of claimed ordinary villagers:

RobotNinjaHornets and Haly are within Kalor's range. What's going on in that area seems to support that they are ordinary.

Toma disappears for long periods of time and he's survived in this game before by doing that; very suspect.

EzekelRAGE and LunacticMD just joined us, and like I said, I don't think the other players were inactive just because.

I want to believe francorp is telling the truth about his role and Timeaisis is an ordinary villager.

nin1000... a bit clumsy, but I don't think he's HHA. Just a feeling.

And finally SalvaPot... very active. Quick to jump to voting, even if it's his own vote. Basically, he acts a lot like Haly and I, except he doesn't have an explanation for himself.

As for me, like I said, I tried and failed to set up an alibi for myself. But, the fact that I used the phrase way before Coppanuva was revealed should buy me some credibility.

VOTE: SalvaPot

For now, I'll go with Salva. My second choice would be Toma, like I mentioned earlier.

Welp, with nothing else to go on. We need something to go off of for this day's vote. Unless someone makes a better argument, maybe look at these votes for both hippie/freak.

RobotNinjaHornet
SalvaPot
Ourobolus - ended up unvoting for hippie.

Maybe KingKitty with his weird posting in regards to his town alignment. Don't know what happened last night, but if there was a role block, that could possibly lead to more information on who a HHA member is.

The problem with going purely with voting patterns like that is that only the HHA know who the villagers are, everyone else is pretty much going on guesswork at this point. I think it's also worth looking at any defenses for others people have made, and when people have voted for someone.

I think you'll find I kept blocking him. But it was a total waste. GODDAMNIT PALMER!

Toma disappears for long periods of time and he's survived in this game before by doing that; very suspect.

It's not a tactic if I am overly quiet, and I think people focus on it just as much as the super chatty folk, so I'm not sure how effective it'd be!

If Kalor has a commuter, I want to say there's a HHA in there as well. I think there's another light sleeper or similar within the same area size that Kalor has around Tucah. Or they real red herrings so we evict town folk?

Top Bottom