• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Ourobolus

Banned
Toma, while I don't necessarily suspect you (I mean, you are on my list, but further down), can you explain why you haven't voted? I mean, you've voted a few times but unvoted before the final tally each time.

nin1000

Banned
Well since no discussion is going on. I will try to stir one up.

VOTE: foshy

You did not Really vote (for me once of course following the usual bandwagon) you do not really take part in discussion and for that reason for now I would rather see you evicted.

Let's see how long it takes you to answer to that.
I know you and your mates are looking

Toma, while I don't necessarily suspect you (I mean, you are on my list, but further down), can you explain why you haven't voted? I mean, you've voted a few times but unvoted before the final tally each time.

Yeah, sure.

Day 1: I'm largely in the don't lynch on the first day camp, should probably have voted no lynch to reflect that.
Day 2: Didn't agree with Hobo's lynch, thought we could contain his role with our early numbers if it turned out to be HHA aligned. Should have defended him more and voted for someone else as an alternative.
Day 3: Freak said he'd return on the last day, by that time I think he had a large majority?

Will make sure I have a vote in each day

nin1000

Banned
I've read up on the events and I'm just gonna come clear and state that I'm town gossip too, just like Razmos. Ourobolus can confirm, as I invited him over on the last day phase. I've been staying over at my SO's house for the last few days irl so I forgot about the game again and didn't post anything in the private chat, so sorry about that again.

Everything Razmos said about his role applies to me too so I'm inclined to believe him, especially considering our relative positions on the map, with both of us having 3 neighbors and being on the opposite sides of the town, thus creating 2 separate gossip groups.

Almost 8 pages back and after that his only real contribution was throwing a vote on me.

SalvaPot

Vote: salvapot

Prolific voter. Voted for two confirmed village aligned players. In one of our blind spots.

He hammered a vote for hippiehobo as well (tipped what would've been a tie).

It was not going to be a tie and it was me who tried to make hippiehobo not evicted in the first place, look back to the voting day and the voting was clearly in favor of evicting hippie and then I was the first to follow hippie when he double voted Tomakasatsanav (As you can see here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1044457&page=13), it was not until 5 minutes before it was the time to run out that I changed my vote to hippie because there was a risk for a tie, and if you guys remember correctly, everyone agreed that we had to get a tie that day.

It really bothers me that people say I hammered the hippiehobo vote when: a)We had no info to go through and b) I was the first to follow hippie and tried to save him to evict someone else.

Vote: Tomakasatsanav

SalvaPot

Oh yeah, forgot to mention why the vote. I find the way he words his actions suspicious, but always having the need to justify his absence. I dunno, it might change the vote if we get a better lead.

Also, don´t evict SalvaPot, he has a face you can trust =P

Oh yeah, forgot to mention why the vote. I find the way he words his actions suspicious, but always having the need to justify his absence. I dunno, it might change the vote if we get a better lead.

Also, don´t evict SalvaPot, he has a face you can trust =P

Gonna throw it out there.

Your avatar is a Shy Guy. Not only that, it's a Shy Guy who isn't shy.

Just sayin'.

*keeps watching what's going on, this sudden Mexican standoff type situation could bring some useful info*

Kalor

I've been thinking about who I want to evict and I'm going to go with SalvaPot, mostly for the reasons that I mentioned in a earlier post. They've stood out to me since D2 so their eviction would clear some stuff up for me. I do want to hear from them and see what they have to say about this.

Vote: SalvaPot

SalvaPot

Well since no discussion is going on. I will try to stir one up.

You did not Really vote (for me once of course following the usual bandwagon) you do not really take part in discussion and for that reason for now I would rather see you evicted.

Let's see how long it takes you to answer to that.
I know you and your mates are looking

I just saw this post and its something that has been bothering me since day 1 too.

Kalor

I didn't see SalvaPots post before I posted there but it doesn't really give a defense. Of course if they are town, they can't really say much about this but I'm keeping with my vote for now.

SalvaPot

I didn't see SalvaPots post before I posted there but it doesn't really give a defense. Of course if they are town, they can't really say much about this but I'm keeping with my vote for now.

I don´t really have much of a defense. I am a ordinary villager with no powers other than voting. Since day one I have been vocal, starting votes, interrogating people and trying to figure out the rules of the map. I have been suspicious of everyone. I honestly have been playing as open as I do because I have nothing to hide, but I knew my actions would seem suspicious sooner or later since, like haly and the last day launchpad, I have constantly tried to keep the discussion going and pointing out stuff that seems weird to me.

I really don´t mind if I am evicted this day, as I see it the fact that our town got no eviction last night means we have an extra turn to figure things out. Also, my role (ordinary villager) is expendable and I am far more interested if we are able to rat out the people who are claiming as their cover. If by my eviction that realization comes sooner, sounds fine to me.

That said, its a waste of a turn to evict me since I am a villager and you are losing the chance to try to get a HHA (But better me than a doctor I say), I feel I have been helpful even if the votes I have followed so far have not given us anything so far (And as a reminder, it was haly who both times leaded those votes with his observations)

Oh, and I still maintain that there has to be a reason why we are setup as a grid and why the gossips are mirrored, but I also think Karkador wouldn´t put the HHA mirrored in the same way for fear of been to obvious.

Back to me, I have no better defense than the way I vote. If I change votes all the times is because I want to get people to talk and react, not because I want to get rid of everyone else, even I have gone back on my vote some times after I said it was "for sure" as I did with freak on day 2. You might say is suspicious, but that is mostly because I never shut up and I am always working to try to figure things out for the town, as I am expendable.

And this is a face you can trust x).

Hobohodo

Well this Villager wasted a day in bed.

I guess in the long run the fact that the Mafia didn't get anyone last night makes up for our indesicion on Day 1. Has effectively balanced the turns out.

It really bothers me that people say I hammered the hippiehobo vote when: a)We had no info to go through and b) I was the first to follow hippie and tried to save him to evict someone else.

The problem is, though, that you did hammer down the vote on HippieHobo. You may have changed your position when he revealed his doublevote because you supposedly believed that HippieHobo wasn't HHA, but in the end you stopped the thing that would have saved him: a tie. And, basically, this whole thing happened in the span of a few minutes - you didn't backtrack on what you had said in his support and there wasn't a series of posts to lead you to that conclusion. Literally, nothing had changed.

So, let's say for a second, regardless of how convinced you were about HippieHobo's innocence, you wanted to avoid a tie because that's worse than evicting a townie by mistake. That's understandable.

But, there was something you did before which I think tipped your hand a bit. You tried to get nin1000 to vote for HippieHobo in the last minutes...

Either way, its close, but yeah, nin should just vote hippiehobo for his own protection.

If you were just afraid of a tie, why didn't you just change your own vote sooner? I mean, realistically, wouldn't jumping onto the HippieHobo vote have been the best idea - you take one vote away from nin1000, who was the competitor with the highest vote count, and give one to HippieHobo?

I think it's because you wanted to keep your vote on nin1000 to draw attention away from yourself. Changing your vote suddenly would have drawn attention to how flippant you were, since you were so adamantly defending HippieHobo previously and you were trying to drum up something small against nin1000.

SalvaPot

The problem is, though, that you did hammer down the vote on HippieHobo. You may have changed your position when he revealed his doublevote because you supposedly believed that HippieHobo wasn't HHA, but in the end you stopped the thing that would have saved him: a tie. And, basically, this whole thing happened in the span of a few minutes - you didn't backtrack on what you had said in his support and there wasn't a series of posts to lead you to that conclusion. Literally, nothing had changed.

So, let's say for a second, regardless of how convinced you were about HippieHobo's innocence, you wanted to avoid a tie because that's worse than evicting a townie by mistake. That's understandable.

But, there was something you did before which I think tipped your hand a bit. You tried to get nin1000 to vote for HippieHobo in the last minutes...

If you were just afraid of a tie, why didn't you just change your own vote sooner? I mean, realistically, wouldn't jumping onto the HippieHobo vote have been the best idea - you take one vote away from nin1000, who was the competitor with the highest vote count, and give one to HippieHobo?

I think it's because you wanted to keep your vote on nin1000 to draw attention away from yourself. Changing your vote suddenly would have drawn attention to how flippant you were, since you were so adamantly defending HippieHobo previously and you were trying to drum up something small against nin1000.

Come on now, lets not act like we knew hippiehobo was townie for sure, everyone who kept his vote for him did so and stay like that, now are you calling me out because I tried to make something different than the rest. First I am accused of bandwagon other votes and now because I am erratic. I did not change my vote sooner because there where at least 4 people left to vote, and the time limit is definitive. If the voters that saved their votes decided to do so at the very last second then we would effectively give the hammer to the HHA. I voted the way I did to give options to the town and to see who teams up with who. Of course I changed my vote back to hippiehobo at the end, 5 minutes before it ended, because at the moment a tie was worst than a wrong evict and you know it. Everyone knew it and agreed on it and when I voted for someone else we did get more information and even more people got to vote.

Check back and my vote was a clear 6-5 of Hippie vs nin, one more vote and it would have been a tie, and that is why I changed it back to hippie in the last second for a 7-4 result. If I was HHA, wouldn´t it be on my best interest to get a tie or to get a townie? Specially after everyone made a point that we needed to evict someone.

These notices will also be posted and updated in Post #3 of this thread, for easy finding.

Day 2 Ends

Voting totals
(12 votes were needed for majority decision):
Names with a strike voted, and then unvoted.

LaunchPadMcQ (0)
HippieHobo
freakzilla149

freakzilla149 (1)
SalvaPot
Darryl
LaunchPadMcQ
Kalor
kingkitty

HippieHobo (7)
RobotNinjaHornets
Haly
Darryl
freakzilla149
ultron87
Kalor
nin1000
Hobohodo
Ourobolus
SalvaPot

Haly (2)
HippieHobo (doubled)
Coppanuva
LaunchPadMcQ
Timeaisis

tomakasatnav (0)
HippieHobo (doubled)
SalvaPot

nin1000 (4)
Mazre
HippieHobo (doubled)
SalvaPot
LaunchPadMcQ

Night 2 Officially Begins
Be8GKR2.png

Time Left Until Night 2 Ends
t1432485000z1.png

So please stop saying I hammered hippiehobo eviction, if anything, I almost got him saved, but I was not going to risk a tie to do so.

Whether Salva or whoever we evict today turns out to be HHA or not, think we should look at the no votes this day forward as well as for potential evictions. Whether your voting for no eviction or another player, you should at least vote during the game's day phases. Think we have a nice ratio of voters ystrday.

SalvaPot

I am not on risk of getting evicted yet (and honestly its not a huge loss for towny if I am gone) and I did suggest getting either someone who claimed villager or an inactive.

Now I know how nin felt lol, I hope you are villager nin or else I´ll be mad.

Come on now, lets not act like we knew hippiehobo was townie for sure, everyone who kept his vote for him did so and stay like that, now are you calling me out because I tried to make something different than the rest. First I am accused of bandwagon other votes and now because I am erratic. I did not change my vote sooner because there where at least 4 people left to vote, and the time limit is definitive. If the voters that saved their votes decided to do so at the very last second then we would effectively give the hammer to the HHA. I voted the way I did to give options to the town and to see who teams up with who. Of course I changed my vote back to hippiehobo at the end, 5 minutes before it ended, because at the moment a tie was worst than a wrong evict and you know it. Everyone knew it and agreed on it and when I voted for someone else we did get more information and even more people got to vote.

Check back and my vote was a clear 6-5 of Hippie vs nin, one more vote and it would have been a tie, and that is why I changed it back to hippie in the last second for a 7-4 result. If I was HHA, wouldn´t it be on my best interest to get a tie or to get a townie? Specially after everyone made a point that we needed to evict someone.

So please stop saying I hammered hippiehobo eviction, if anything, I almost got him saved, but I was not going to risk a tie to do so.

I'm not saying you should have saved him. It's fine that you acted the way you did, if only that were the only thing you did. I had my doubts about HippieHobo being HHA, but the best I could was just not vote for him.

You claim that you've been erratic and bandwagoning, so why didn't you just change your vote instead of asking nin1000 to cast a vote? It would have been consistent with your character thus far in the game. Even if you claim that you were waiting for more people to cast a vote, what would have changed? As time ran out, you increased the risk that players would swoop in at the last minute to tie up the vote, so the threat of that was there even more. That was true when you egged nin1000 on and it was true when you finally recast your vote.

The difference with this particular vote is that you were stuck between two options - a townie and a townie with a special role. Either one is a victory, but HippieHobo was obviously the more desirable target to hit. So, in order to remain inconspicuous, you urged nin1000 to defend himself and keep himself from being voted, which is bizarre when you're saying that you've been throwing your votes around haphazardly.

I don't understand the second part of your post. Why would a tie be a good thing for HHA if they're caught between a choice of two townies, one that they know has a special role which could be used against them?

Mazre

Between Foshy and Salva I'd probably lean towards voting Salva at this point, though honestly not feeling either strongly (but I guess that goes for most everyone else at this point as well, everything feels so circumstantial).

Foshy has been frustratingly quiet but otherwise doesn't strike me as all that suspicious.

Salva certainly falls into some groups I think HHA might hide out in. Ordinary villager claim, day 1 no evict, day 2 hippie (though I do appreciate and agree with his choice to prevent a tie).

My inclination for this phase is to vote for someone who has claimed ordinary villager and has been active as well. We voted off low activity yesterday and really don't have much new to show for it.

Re: Town Gossips
I think it's a rougly 60/40 split between at least one HHA gossip (60%) and no HHA gossips (40%). In the event that it's the latter there is a very strong possibility of an HHA among the gossip members.

SalvaPot

Iso why didn't you just change your vote instead of asking nin1000 to cast a vote? It would have been consistent with your character thus far in the game.

Even if you claim that you were waiting for more people to cast a vote, what would have changed? As time ran out, you increased the risk that players would swoop in at the last minute to tie up the vote, so the threat of that was there even more. That was true when you egged nin1000 on and it was true when you finally recast your vote.

You seem to ignore the fact that when I egged nin was to call him out because he was NOT defending himself, which I found weird. He was getting close to getting evicted (At the moment 2 more votes would get him out) and he did nothing to defend himself other than complain. That is, he choose not to vote. In a way it worked, since that raised suspicion of him because it seemed he was unwilling to wrongly evict someone else.

The difference with this particular vote is that you were stuck between two options - a townie and a townie with a special role. Either one is a victory, but HippieHobo was obviously the more desirable target to hit. So, in order to remain inconspicuous, you urged nin1000 to defend himself and keep himself from being voted, which is bizarre when you're saying that you've been throwing your votes around haphazardly.

I don't understand the second part of your post. Why would a tie be a good thing for HHA if they're caught between a choice of two townies, one that they know has a special role which could be used against them?

The point I was trying to make is that we had won literally nothing we a tie. At that moment, a tie was the worst case scenario. Think back to Day 2. We had no leads, no information and a need to keep the ball rolling. Not evicting someone was worst than evicting hippiehobo. With the way the voting was setup at the moment, 6-5, it was clear a few votes was all needed to force a tie or save hippie. If hippie was HHA, he would have been saved (And remember, there was a reasonable doubt that hippie might have been HHA, as ilustrated by haly and me)

If my objective was to get hippie from the very beginning, why would I try to get nin evicted instead? I still think nin was a better evict vote than hippie, and nin is proved villager or HHA I would be right (Remember, mayor is a better role than villager) and tried to support hippie on that, but once the time was running out I really did not feel like risking the tie. You keep saying this is was either a bad strategy or a scum tell. Why?

It was a good strategy for town:

1) It got people talking A LOT.
2) It got more people voting than any other day
3) It clearly attracted the eye of the users.

The reason I keep defending myself here is not because I think I am about to get caught, is because my actions can be explained because I am a townie acting to get information for the town. I honestly don´t mind been suspect right now, and please do keep trying to get more arguments against me, I will answer all the questions you throw at me because my motives are pretty clear.

(And I am curious why haly was the first to vote for me, he normally has a lot of arguments and visions behind his votes but this time he just threw me under the bus just like that, its kind of out of character xD)

SalvaPot

I am sorry for all the grammatical errors, II normally correct typos by editing the posts later on but that is not possible here xD.

(Oh, and if anyone is wondering, the "this is a face you can trust" thing is supposed to be my villager greeting, you know, animal crossing stuff)

You seem to ignore the fact that when I egged nin was to call him out because he was NOT defending himself, which I found weird. He was getting close to getting evicted (At the moment 2 more votes would get him out) and he did nothing to defend himself other than complain. That is, he choose not to vote. In a way it worked, since that raised suspicion of him because it seemed he was unwilling to wrongly evict someone else.

You couldn't have seen his post where he said he didn't want to defend himself because you posted at the same time as him, and you didn't want him to when you got the vote scores mixed up and you thought it would lead to a tie.

You also keep focusing on the wrong part of my argument. I'm not criticizing your choice to pursue nin1000 or to change your vote to HippieHobo. These are things that have been consistent with your behavior in the game thus far, you said so yourself. But again, why didn't you just shift your vote over instead of egging nin1000 on? There were less than 10 minutes left at that point before voting was closed. It was close enough that you wouldn't want to risk anything happening that would force a tie. However, you chose a roundabout method to a simple problem. It's strange that for a person who hasn't cared about calling attention to himself, you would try to do something that draws attention away from you.

Here's what likely transpired:

1. You push HippieHobo into using his special ability. You didn't expect it, but it was a pretty interesting outcome, so you roll with it.
  2. You back off of HippieHobo to gauge the reaction to his reveal so as not to push too hard against what is very likely a town role.
  3. HippieHobo vote starts picking up steam, which is fine by you as an HHA. To improve your camouflage, you decide to go after a player whose vote has some traction already, nin1000.
  4. nin1000's vote gains too much traction and this may in fact cause a tie. You don't care if nin1000 or HippieHobo are evicted, as they are both town, but one of them has to go to be an effective day phase for HHA.
  5. Seeing the vote being so close and the fact that nin1000 has since backed off of HippieHobo even though his own vote is pretty close to passing, you prod him into defending himself whereas you could have changed your own vote and had an even better tally of votes (a 2 point difference instead of a 1 point difference). However, before that when you had miscalculated the tally, you expressed your concern to him voting since you thought it would instead lead to a tie.
  6. You see nin1000 is not voting, but as the time is counting down, you need to act in order to seal one of these two villagers as an eviction, so you finally change your vote.

SalvaPot

You couldn't have seen his post where he said he didn't want to defend himself because you posted at the same time as him, and you didn't want him to when you got the vote scores mixed up and you thought it would lead to a tie.

You also keep focusing on the wrong part of my argument. I'm not criticizing your choice to pursue nin1000 or to change your vote to HippieHobo. These are things that have been consistent with your behavior in the game thus far, you said so yourself. But again, why didn't you just shift your vote over instead of egging nin1000 on? There were less than 10 minutes left at that point before voting was closed. It was close enough that you wouldn't want to risk anything happening that would force a tie. However, you chose a roundabout method to a simple problem. It's strange that for a person who hasn't cared about calling attention to himself, you would try to do something that draws attention away from you.

Here's what likely transpired:

1. You push HippieHobo into using his special ability. You didn't expect it, but it was a pretty interesting outcome, so you roll with it.
  2. You back off of HippieHobo to gauge the reaction to his reveal so as not to push too hard against what is very likely a town role.
  3. HippieHobo vote starts picking up steam, which is fine by you as an HHA. To improve your camouflage, you decide to go after a player whose vote has some traction already, nin1000.
  4. nin1000's vote gains too much traction and this may in fact cause a tie. You don't care if nin1000 or HippieHobo are evicted, as they are both town, but one of them has to go to be an effective day phase for HHA.
  5. Seeing the vote being so close and the fact that nin1000 has since backed off of HippieHobo even though his own vote is pretty close to passing, you prod him into defending himself whereas you could have changed your own vote and had an even better tally of votes (a 2 point difference instead of a 1 point difference). However, before that when you had miscalculated the tally, you expressed your concern to him voting since you thought it would instead lead to a tie.
  6. You see nin1000 is not voting, but as the time is counting down, you need to act in order to seal one of these two villagers as an eviction, so you finally change your vote.

But your argument relies on me wanting to evict someone no matter what, right? If that is the case... then I really had no need to try and get nin evicted in the first place, I could have just followed my initial vote to get hippie and not bring attention to myself.

Also, you say I don´t want to bring attention to myself. This argument is wrong, since the whole game I have been vocal and loud, me and haly have been the most active users by far from day 1 when it comes to try to get a discussion going, as proven by haly voting for me and me been her to defend myself.

I did not want a tie because that would benefit HHA the most. How? No information is better for them. The choice to evict someone was clear and I would have rather be nin than hippie, but once time run out I just did what had to be done.

So again, your logic there is wrong. You said it yourself, is a roundabout solution to a problem that really did not need to be solved IF I was HHA. What does that say? That if I was HHA I would have not acted that way, I would have just shut up and wait to see how things play out. I did not, I voiced my opinion and tried to get nin evicted instead, since that seemed like a better option to me at the moment.

Long post short, the history you propose just doesn´t make sense.

But your argument relies on me wanting to evict someone no matter what, right? If that is the case... then I really had no need to try and get nin evicted in the first place, I could have just followed my initial vote to get hippie and not bring attention to myself.

You jumped on nin1000 because he wasn't a foreseeable threat to what was going on with HippieHobo. When his vote gained steam and things were looking like they could end in a tie, that's when you started making plays to push things in a different direction.

Heck, you didn't even have anything substantive against nin1000:

I want everyone who is left to vote too, so lets make this more exciting:

Vote: nin1000

The HippieHobo situation was playing itself out so it was a satisfactory outcome without you having to intervene, so might as well pursue something else especially if nothing will come of it.

Also, you say I don´t want to bring attention to myself. This argument is wrong, since the whole game I have been vocal and loud, me and haly have been the most active users by far from day 1 when it comes to try to get a discussion going, as proven by haly voting for me and me been her to defend myself.

That's exactly why the action of trying to get nin1000 and others to vote stands out so much. It was a clear attempt at not putting yourself out in the HippieHobo vote but avoiding a tie all the same. Ironically, for a person who jumps from vote to vote haphazardly, this is the kind of thing that stands out.

I did not want a tie because that would benefit HHA the most. How? No information is better for them. The choice to evict someone was clear and I would have rather be nin than hippie, but once time run out I just did what had to be done.

No, evicting a townie benefits you most. You may not get any information from a tie, but who cares - you know who the townies are, it's everyone that's not in your group. You also know that HippieHobo has a special role, and if he's not on your team, he's as good a target as any.

So again, your logic there is wrong. You said it yourself, is a roundabout solution to a problem that really did not need to be solved IF I was HHA. What does that say? That if I was HHA I would have not acted that way, I would have just shut up and wait to see how things play out. I did not, I voiced my opinion and tried to get nin evicted instead, since that seemed like a better option to me at the moment.

Long post short, the history you propose just doesn´t make sense.

Again, your actions in this scenario are inconsistent with what you've done outside of it. Before the last few minutes of Day 2, you would jump on votes with little thought or explanation at times, or even with some legitimate reasoning behind it; all of a sudden you're talking about how you don't want a tie to happen, but you're doing nothing about it. Instead, you're trying to get other people to do something about it. It's more than a little strange.

SalvaPot

You jumped on nin1000 because he wasn't a foreseeable threat to what was going on with HippieHobo. When his vote gained steam and things were looking like they could end in a tie, that's when you started making plays to push things in a different direction.

Heck, you didn't even have anything substantive against nin1000:

The HippieHobo situation was playing itself out so it was a satisfactory outcome without you having to intervene, so might as well pursue something else especially if nothing will come of it.

That's exactly why the action of trying to get nin1000 and others to vote stands out so much. It was a clear attempt at not putting yourself out in the HippieHobo vote but avoiding a tie all the same. Ironically, for a person who jumps from vote to vote haphazardly, this is the kind of thing that stands out.

No, evicting a townie benefits you most. You may not get any information from a tie, but who cares - you know who the townies are, it's everyone that's not in your group. You also know that HippieHobo has a special role, and if he's not on your team, he's as good a target as any.

Again, your actions in this scenario are inconsistent with what you've done outside of it. Before the last few minutes of Day 2, you would jump on votes with little thought or explanation at times, or even with some legitimate reasoning behind it; all of a sudden you're talking about how you don't want a tie to happen, but you're doing nothing about it. Instead, you're trying to get other people to do something about it. It's more than a little strange.

So you are saying I had nothing to lose and that is why I voted the way I did? If I was HHA, I would have a lot to lose by putting myself in a situation that clearly benefited town. No, seriously, think about it , my actions could only be made with the town benefit in mind, you keep saying I did it to keep my cover, but what I did was go against the stream and that clearly puts me front and center, if I was a HHA I would have a lot to lose and nothing to gain.

If I was a HHA, in that situation, THERE WAS NO REASON TO RISK MYSELF:

This was the situation: Hippie was going to be evicted and no one was supporting him, he was just going to be evicted just like that, and the only information we could have gotten was his role, since everyone was just following that vote.

If I was HHA this is how a smart player would go:

Situation 1: Hippie is getting voted out by everyone. Just follow the vote.

Situation 2: Don´t cast a vote and attract no attention to yourself, since you normally need to reason your votes but that might be telling.

Situation 3 (the one you are suggesting): Vote for someone else to gather information for the HHA and elaborate a cover since I defended another member who will be forever grateful.

The thing is, the third situation only works if I don´t change my vote at the last time, since, if I was HHA, either hippie, nin or no eviction is good for the town. I knew I would get suspicion for changing my vote at the last moment but I think it was the right thing to do for the benefit of the town, and I still think a tie would have been the worst for the town, even after we got the mayor.

Let me ask you something launch, since you seem really eager with this. How sure are you that I am HHA? Are you entirely convinced? So far your arguments relies in me betraying the character you said I build since day 1, but I really don´t have a character. I have always been clear with my arguments and more clear with why I voted. When i said I was not sure about a vote, I was not sure. When I said I had suspicious, I pointed fingers. I am not afraid of making enemies here because to me all of you are suspicious in different degrees. When I said I did not want to risk a tie, I said it fairly early on and I made good of that.

Also, I want to hear what everyone want to say about launch accusations and my responses to them, I want to be as clear as possible. If anyone has suspicions about me might as well bring them forth since I am sure I am townie and my actions can prove it x)

I'm actually not entirely convinced you were trying to construct a cover by going after nin1000 after pulling back on HippieHobo, but it was something to distance yourself from HippieHobo. There was no real need to do it, no, and this could have gone either way. I would be equally suspicious if you had kept pursuing HippieHobo or if you had chosen someone else entirely.

You seem to be overlooking that the information of his role is pretty useless if he's no longer in the game.

Those scenarios you mentioned are constructed around what your actions have actually been. There are plenty of more scenarios, but none of them are what actually occurred. You voted for nin1000, you were no longer a part of the HippieHobo witch hunt, and to further distance yourself from that, you chose to egg on other players to vote and avoid this tie when, again, simply changing your vote would have been an even more effective countermeasure. Again, it's not necessary that HippieHobo had been evicted, but he was the closest to being evicted and you needed to break the tie. You broke character and tried to do it in a way you wouldn't have otherwise, for some reason. It's even more odd, now that I think about it, that you wouldn't just switch your vote outright after bandwagoning onto the nin1000 vote with no real reason. You didn't have anything tying you down to that vote, no real beliefs against nin1000 or anything. Still, you resisted switching your vote.

However, again, a tie is the worst possible outcome for the HHA side and not so much so for the town side. HHA implicitly has way more information than the townies have, so information-gathering during the day phase is not an absolute necessity. Townies, on the other hand, stand to lose powerful roles, which is exactly what ended up happening. Even if that phase ended in a tie, the outcome for the town side is that we have the Mayor still in play and nin1000 who is very likely an ordinary villager survives. That was, in fact, the best scenario for the town; hindsight is 20-20 and all that, I'm not blaming anyone.

As for how sure I am you're HHA... at the moment, probably more sure about you than anyone else. The truth is that the HHA have proven increasingly difficult to find. We don't have a single goddamn clue. The best we can do is find bones to pick in people's behaviors right now, and I think this one is sizable enough to pursue. You've also consistently been high on my list since the game started.

Honestly, I think anyone else would be too afraid to come forward in the middle of this, so they don't come out as sympathetic to either of us - thus leading to conclusions about them. However, I welcome discussion from others.

SalvaPot

I'm actually not entirely convinced you were trying to construct a cover by going after nin1000 after pulling back on HippieHobo, but it was something to distance yourself from HippieHobo. There was no real need to do it, no, and this could have gone either way. I would be equally suspicious if you had kept pursuing HippieHobo or if you had chosen someone else entirely.

You seem to be overlooking that the information of his role is pretty useless if he's no longer in the game.

Those scenarios you mentioned are constructed around what your actions have actually been. There are plenty of more scenarios, but none of them are what actually occurred. You voted for nin1000, you were no longer a part of the HippieHobo witch hunt, and to further distance yourself from that, you chose to egg on other players to vote and avoid this tie when, again, simply changing your vote would have been an even more effective countermeasure. Again, it's not necessary that HippieHobo had been evicted, but he was the closest to being evicted and you needed to break the tie. You broke character and tried to do it in a way you wouldn't have otherwise, for some reason. It's even more odd, now that I think about it, that you wouldn't just switch your vote outright after bandwagoning onto the nin1000 vote with no real reason. You didn't have anything tying you down to that vote, no real beliefs against nin1000 or anything. Still, you resisted switching your vote.

However, again, a tie is the worst possible outcome for the HHA side and not so much so for the town side. HHA implicitly has way more information than the townies have, so information-gathering during the day phase is not an absolute necessity. Townies, on the other hand, stand to lose powerful roles, which is exactly what ended up happening. Even if that phase ended in a tie, the outcome for the town side is that we have the Mayor still in play and nin1000 who is very likely an ordinary villager survives. That was, in fact, the best scenario for the town; hindsight is 20-20 and all that, I'm not blaming anyone.

As for how sure I am you're HHA... at the moment, probably more sure about you than anyone else. The truth is that the HHA have proven increasingly difficult to find. We don't have a single goddamn clue. The best we can do is find bones to pick in people's behaviors right now, and I think this one is sizable enough to pursue. You've also consistently been high on my list since the game started.

Honestly, I think anyone else would be too afraid to come forward in the middle of this, so they don't come out as sympathetic to either of us - thus leading to conclusions about them. However, I welcome discussion from others.

Hmm, allright then. I honestly don´t blame you for wanting to evict me since I was extremely active and have been from day 1 and that is the risk of playing like that, people notice you and suspect there has to be an ulterior motive. Believe me, I did my best to try to sniff out HHA players and I think it shows.

Here is my argument: There really is no downside to voting me out. My role is just a ordinary villager. But it is a reasonable suspicion to think of me as a HHA that tried to move way too much (That again, the plot you mention would be such a dumb move for a HHA since is a 100% unnecessary risk since others had already moved for the eviction without me having to do anything).

It is my job to make you guys realize I am town aligned and that my actions and conversations had only that interest in mind. If I am evicted, I am honestly not that worried, our investigator is still alive and it seems we have the means to get a town victory since we have yet to loss a important role.

If anyone still doubts me feel free to read back on all my posts. If even after that the town decides to evict me, then so be it. I know how this sounds and how it seems like I am trying to weasel my way out of an eviction, but from the very first I have been honest with all of you, again, because I have nothing to hide. I decided to speak up early because I am sure I can prove my innocence. And if the only way to prove that said innocence is by getting evicted, well, hippiehobo is waiting for me on the other side.

SalvaPot

Oh yeah, and about hippiehobo role, any and all information was important at the moment, so please don´t minimize the actions that we all choosed when evicting hobo, everyone was as guilty of that eviction and it was for the greater good. The reason he was voted in the first place was because he refused to out his role and once it came out, I gave the idea that his role could still be HHA aligned, but it was unlikely. Saving hippiehobo was not my priority, my priority was getting a discussion started to gather more information for the town. Hell, I said evicting hippiehobo made no sense at the moment since his role was not a immediate treat, it was haly who insisted in evicting him because his role could be more beneficial to HHA in the long run to hammer the votes if hippies role was HHA aligned.

Darryl

Banned
Vote: Lunatic

I'm just a normal, run of the mill villager.

You wouldn't evict one of your own, would you?

Just a suspicious thing to say. Didn't refer to himself as ordinary, like someone else touched on. He is one that I think we could lose sooner rather than later. Fuck it.

And HippieHobo is going to kick your butt once you get there!

I'm legitimately sorry if my accusations prove wrong, even if it doesn't go anywhere (Haly and I are the only ones who have voted after all xP). You've been leading conversations and investigations which has been very helpful in keeping the game going, it's true, but I've currently got nothing else to defer to on anyone else.

Now, that said, if we can find some other suitable candidate within the next few days, I would be willing to change my perspective. But man, whoever these HHA are, they are so damn crafty. You really have to nitpick to find anything worth pursuing.

As for HippieHobo, I would say yeah, we're all responsible for that. But, so far, I've been operating by being more content with having an outline than actually painting the full picture. I knew HippieHobo's role ability, and it's threat could be mitigated because of that. I didn't feel like we needed to know more specifics beyond that, even if there was the potential for him being HHA.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Would wait for the prod to go through before voting lunatic.

I'm flipflopping between Salva and Toma atm.

Though looking at both of their post histories, they're not very active on the forums in general...

Would wait for the prod to go through before voting lunatic.

I'm flipflopping between Salva and Toma atm.

Any additional thoughts on Toma you want to share? I'd like an excuse to believe that we can leave Salva alive for longer... I feel bad after his last post, even if he could be lying...

SalvaPot

And HippieHobo is going to kick your butt once you get there!

I'm legitimately sorry if my accusations prove wrong, even if it doesn't go anywhere (Haly and I are the only ones who have voted after all xP). You've been leading conversations and investigations which has been very helpful in keeping the game going, it's true, but I've currently got nothing else to defer to on anyone else.

Now, that said, if we can find some other suitable candidate within the next few days, I would be willing to change my perspective. But man, whoever these HHA are, they are so damn crafty. You really have to nitpick to find anything worth pursuing.

As for HippieHobo, I would say yeah, we're all responsible for that. But, so far, I've been operating by being more content with having an outline than actually painting the full picture. I knew HippieHobo's role ability, and it's threat could be mitigated because of that. I didn't feel like we needed to know more specifics beyond that, even if there was the potential for him being HHA.

I understand man x). We need to get the HHA and I completely understand you and haly pointing fingers at me. What I am saying is that I think my arguments of why I am not HHA are better than what others that might claim villager have. That is why I answered as soon as possible to the votes, because I am sure of my innocence x).

Besides me, is there someone else you can accuse the same way you did me? I think you did a fairly decent case about me, but I hope you see its really reaching for ideas.

I am waiting now for foshy and Lunatic response, I think it might be interesting what they have to say.

Haly

The big thing about toma is that he's been reasonably "active" but he's only ever voted once, and unvoted very quickly. There might be something in there.

That and he's in one of our blindspots. My current estimate is:

1 HHA in Roommates
1-2 HHA in the Gossip networks
1 HHA in a blind spot

But this is more metagaming than anything.

Reposting the voting, which RNH commented on. Someone else can go more in depth on the defenses of people and when they voted, think Maz did a little of this in his analysis.

Voted for Hippie and Freak
RobotNinjaHornet
SalvaPot
Ourobolus - ended up unvoting for hippie.

Voted for Hippie, Freak, and No Evict
Salva and OB.

Voted for No Evict and Hippie
Haly, Nin, OB - Voted Hippie but unvoted
Ultron
Kalor
Salva

Voted for No Evict and Freak
OB
Salva
Raz
Nin
Time
LMQ
Fran
======================================

KingKitty - Could be nothing but the whole thing with not standard town and not power role was confusing.

Foshy, did he invite Nin to chat? Harping on this just incase there is a scenario where OB is mafia and he just got another mafia to confirm his role. If he invited nin, then at least there is confirmation on his role. He mentioned earlier about the 4 rule thing Kark posted in the gossip chat, but he couldve gotten that info from a mafia member in Raz's or Mazre's chat correct? Or did we already get another confirmation on his role? Can't remember.

There was a theory about a HHA member being in a gossip's area, so if we look at that, and Foshy is gossip we have:
Mazre Range: Kingkitty,Hobo
Razmos Range: Darryle,Time,Hobo
Foshy Range: OR,Nin

SalvaPot

I just realized, if HHA knows their members and a HHA is living as one of the roommates, then they wouldn´t want them evicted or killed and there would be no tension for the HHA to kill or evict them since they don´t know the role of the other roomate other than he is not one of them. Wouldn´t this risk a tie if, say, both of them are the only survivor.

I keep thinking that ultron´s role is a third party that wins by either getting rid of everyone else or a HHA works alone and the other HHA´s don´t know about (Similar to the undercover role of the star wars game), this way they get reasonable doubt from both sides.

Also, we really REALLY need a comprehensive list of who claimed what and how that looks on the grind, I would do it myself but I am supposed to be studying for finals, lol (I reallly don´t want to study, fuuuuuuck school)

Also, can't remember who it was, I want to say Maz or RHN, but someone had a "plan" or something. Did anything come of that, think they posted they would post more about it on like day 3 or 4? Maybe I'm mixing this one up with a post from the Star Wars Mafia thread.

Haly

That was Mazre I think. It was the "confirmation" of francorp which some people threw doubt on anyway, francorp included.

I'm going to have to sleep on where to go from here. I feel like this mafia game is taking up way too much from my life... it's both a good and bad thing. lol

SalvaPot

If I'm not mistaken, HHA would win if there was one HHA left and one town. Since the vote would be even and hha can kill at night.

Oh

But can they evict themselves? I mean, they live in the same house, I don´t think he can evict one of the roomies only, its either none or both. Unless there is a condition for their role, but honestly that seems like a bit much.

Also, we really REALLY need a comprehensive list of who claimed what and how that looks on the grind,
Bars are ppl that are invited to the gossip chat. This list of ordinary villagers and power role claims is based off on LMQ's post. So if someone is mislabeled, let me know and I'll change it. Looking at the map, the first column looks suspicious lol.
DEnzNw2.jpg

Top Bottom