• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Are we still really in doubt of francorp's investigation ability? I thought the main point of contention is whether he's HHA or Village.

Kalor

I've been thinking Toma as a potential eviction target and I'm not really feeling it. They are one of the players who are in the middle between active and inactive and they even admit that it is their strategy. They played the last game the same way so you can't even try to base an argument off that.

I've went off SalvaPot as a target due to their posts over the last couple pages. I have ideas on other people but no-one stands out and the fact that we have a number of inactives (Lunatic, Foshy) isn't helping.

Unvote: SalvaPot

I've been thinking Toma as a potential eviction target and I'm not really feeling it. They are one of the players who are in the middle between active and inactive and they even admit that it is their strategy. They played the last game the same way so you can't even try to base an argument off that.

I've went off SalvaPot as a target due to their posts over the last couple pages. I have ideas on other people but no-one stands out and the fact that we have a number of inactives (Lunatic, Foshy) isn't helping.

Unvote: SalvaPot

Toma made it to the end of that last game like this, though. Last time he was a normie, but are we so sure about this time?

Haly

Toma made it to the end of that last game like this, though. Last time he was a normie, but are we so sure about this time?

All I know is, both toma and time (as well as kalor) were good players last round and I'd feel really threatened if they happened to be HHA this time around.

Ultron as well.

EVICT THEM ALL.

Karkador

Banned
Clock bells chime in the distance

CURRENT PHASE

eHXuRuL.png

Current Votes for this Round (11 needed for majority)
(a strike means the player voted for, then unvoted, the player)

SalvaPot (0)
Haly
LaunchPadMcQ
Kalor

Foshy (2)
nin1000
SalvaPot

tomakasatnav (3)
SalvaPot
Haly
LaunchPadMcQ
RobotNinjaHornets

LunaticLMD (1)
Darryl

Ourobolus (0)
LaunchPadMcQ

Time Left Until Day 4 Ends
t1433440800z1.png

All I know is, both toma and time (as well as kalor) were good players last round and I'd feel really threatened if they happened to be HHA this time around.

Ultron as well.

EVICT THEM ALL.

I'm finding it hard not to link things back to the first game. I want to trust ultron because of his role last time, and well I suspected timeaisis a whole bunch last time and he ended up being Town.

Mazre

I disagree with the assertion that none of the HHA are likely to be neighbors. I do not think that they are all neighbors in a clump but have no problem with the scenario that at least 2 of them are immediate neighbors.

Mazre

Are we still really in doubt of francorp's investigation ability? I thought the main point of contention is whether he's HHA or Village.

While his alignment is the main point of contention, I still feel there is a small amount of doubt associated with his ability as well. I don't want to really explain it further at this point but would certainly discuss it should I make a move for his eviction down the road.

Mazre

Toma's no votes still bug me. I know he discussed them earlier but it still sticks out when I look at the larger picture. Yet another thing that falls into the category of "HHA would never do something so obvious/That's what makes it brilliant if they pull it off".

Mazre

Cheers to ER for the map. Column 1 certainly does look shady when viewed in that context. Only question of course is it HHA hiding or a townie hiding a power role? Or Kark messing with us.

franconp

While his alignment is the main point of contention, I still feel there is a small amount of doubt associated with his ability as well. I don't want to really explain it further at this point but would certainly discuss it should I make a move for his eviction down the road.

That's why I'm not to sure to investigate hobohodo this phase. I would prefer to investigate someone who is unrelated to the town gossips. That would allow me to prove muy role. And that would be one thing out of the way.

Regarding muy aligment I don't know a way to leave no doubts that I'm town, sadly. The only way I have is posting my investigations and trying to be useful.

ultron87

I disagree with the assertion that none of the HHA are likely to be neighbors. I do not think that they are all neighbors in a clump but have no problem with the scenario that at least 2 of them are immediate neighbors.

Yeah I really feel like any assumptions regarding the design of the map or designers intent are going to make us fall into traps. There could be HHA spread all over or they could be in some cute line formation or anything else. There could be multiples adjacent to a single gossip or none. The map design gives us a scheme for getting information from a few roles, but we should be working off that info, not what we try and divine from what would we think would be a good or interestingly designed game.

Like, I never would've thought a power town role would be my roommate since we were already a super juicy target. And yet here we are. (I'm not totally convinced of Franconps alignment yet, but it seems likely right now at least.)

kingkitty

Yeah I really feel like any assumptions regarding the design of the map or designers intent are going to make us fall into traps. There could be HHA spread all over or they could be in some cute line formation or anything else. There could be multiples adjacent to a single gossip or none. The map design gives us a scheme for getting information from a few roles, but we should be working off that info, not what we try and divine from what would we think would be a good or interestingly designed game.

don't make it seem like Karkador put down these roles on the map as "random". They're not random. Which is why none of the town gossip are right next to each other. And that each town gossip can only invite three people. There's nothing random about it. I doubt Karkador would be cheeky enough to have mafia be in a line formation. It's also by design that we have roomies that for some reason both have a special role.

it's too early to bet everything on this idea, but we shouldn't dismiss the possibility entirely, either.

kingkitty

don't make it seem like Karkador put down these roles on the map as "random". They're not random.

well, there's probably some randomization. but my gut tells me there's still a design element, and we would avoid situations like a straight row of mafia. We'll find out if my gut's right sooner or later.

ultron87

don't make it seem like Karkador put down these roles on the map as "random". They're not random. Which is why none of the town gossip are right next to each other. And that each town gossip can only invite three people. There's nothing random about it. I doubt Karkador would be cheeky enough to have mafia be in a line formation. It's also by design that we have roomies that for some reason both have a special role.

it's too early to bet everything on this idea, but we shouldn't dismiss the possibility entirely, either.

Based in the way Karkador fiddled around with the town and who he was going to kill last game I could entirely see him being that cheeky. Karkador was willing to tell us the positions weren't random, so that means that there probably isn't going to be a discernible pattern we will be able to figure out to put pins in the HHA just by where roles are on the map.

ultron87

No idea. At this point you can probably role a die and get a similarly effective result than picking someone out of the air. That's just kind of how these things go. All this talking and voting is just building up a body of evidence we can use later once we actually snag someone.

The best possible source is info might be looking at how the votes on the innocent folks went down to try and see if someone was instrumental in "finishing them". Just need to be careful and look at what people said/did from the context of the information that was available at the time and at the now known result. You want to avoid results oriented thinking since for the majority of the people in the game the results of any vote are unknown (the exceptions generally being the accused and the HHA). Like, I entirely agreed with logic of the HippieHobo vote, so I don't think there was any real HHA sell job happening there. I might go and look at how the Day 3 voting went down again here.

I do think the roleclaims are mostly legit since they've mostly been verified independent of each other. (Except for mine, which I know is true. :p) Some could certainly be Mafia-aligned, but I don't think there's any big groups of co-conspirators plotting together to fake a role or anything, because the HHA wouldn't risk forming those kind of obvious connections connections between each other that could topple a whole network like that.

The most suspicious action I can think of from earlier in the game (besides HippieHobo's aggressive claims of newbieness) was your "hey all the ordinary villagers come claim up in here!" post. But that's become less suspicious as you've continued to post. You seem pretty extemporaneous so I can see that making sense in the spur of the moment.

Some could certainly be Mafia-aligned, but I don't think there's any big groups of co-conspirators plotting together to fake a role or anything, because the HHA wouldn't risk forming those kind of obvious connections connections between each other that could topple a whole network like that.

I'm not sure why you think that. This is a complex game, Karkador made sure of that.

Besides which, the main player we are thinking is involved in these elaborate collaborations is your roommate, franconp. Since most of us think that at least one of you is a mafia member and one of you is a townie, wouldn't it be best to prove that franconp is actually a fake?

ultron87

Why risk a complex conspiracy that ties them all together in a web of lies that one slip up could entirely unravel when they can just claim ordinary villager and ride it out or claim a role that isn't verifiable?

Haly

He can, but he felt like it would be a waste or something.

Haly

It doesn't even confirm Ultron's role. francorp only gets the name. If ultron didn't lie about the name, but lied about the effect, francorp would be none the wiser and we wouldn't really get anything out of it.

[Troublemaker] could be anything.

nin1000

Banned
Why risk a complex conspiracy that ties them all together in a web of lies that one slip up could entirely unravel when they can just claim ordinary villager and ride it out or claim a role that isn't verifiable?

That's the shit that is bothering me and no offense there launch I love how you try to go over every single post and bring thought to everything that ist said. But most of the time it just feels like you are looking at a painting of a single dot and trying to get info out of it or trying to interpret why and how it was painted. Maybe there was no intention behind it 💆

That's the shit that is bothering me and no offense there launch I love how you try to go over every single post and bring thought to everything that ist said. But most of the time it just feels like you are looking at a painting of a single dot and trying to get info out of it or trying to interpret why and how it was painted. Maybe there was no intention behind it 💆

I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea, though.

Why lynch Foshy?

nin1000

Banned
I'm not the only one who thinks it's a good idea, though.

Why lynch Foshy?

Initial thought was that he did not even react for a couple of days or participate, but this can be said about several players.

Since there are 4 players claiming to be townies in column 1 I will rather go that way and change my vote to one of the following players.

http://i.imgur.com/DEnzNw2.jpg[/img]

Haly
Robotninja
Toma
Ourobolous
EZEL

franconp

After thinking for a while I'm not to sure to investigate Hobohodo yet. I think I need to investigate him as he is on top of my most suspected player along with everyone of the first column (I'm sure a couple of people are lying about their role there) but I don't like the idea of announcing in advance who I will investigate.

I have already said this but it's a risk to make my future investigations public as I would be forced to share the info I get and that could be beneficial to us but it could also be beneficial to HHA.

Let's say I say I investigate Hobohodo and learn he is another commuter, I would be forced to share the info publicly and that would only be beneficial to HHA as they would found out a power role that could be troublesome to kill. It would be even worse if he is a doctor.

If I don't share the target of my investigation beforehand and I found something that it would be for the best not to share publicly I can just say I find something important that I don't want to share unless it's completly necessary. That way HHA doesn't gain any new info. But if we decide the target of my investigation beforehand and I found something important I'm forced to share as if I don't say share it will be obvious to HHA that my target have some special role that's important.

To avoid this I think we shouldn't decide my target beforehand. I will post here when I find ordinary villagers (as they aren't a threat to HHA so they wouldn't be at risk and so we know who not to evict) and roles I I find dubious.

nin1000

Banned
I have already said this but it's a risk to make my future investigations public as I would be forced to share the info I get and that could be beneficial to us but it could also be beneficial to HHA.

A good cop keeps his mouth shut who he will investigate, I am glad that you came to that conclusion yourself. Do as you please and share info with us as soon as it is time to do so. Outing yourself that Early was a mistake, you saying who you would investigate would have been the second mistake.

After thinking for a while I'm not to sure to investigate Hobohodo yet. I think I need to investigate him as he is on top of my most suspected player along with everyone of the first column (I'm sure a couple of people are lying about their role there) but I don't like the idea of announcing in advance who I will investigate.

Let's say I say I investigate Hobohodo and learn he is another commuter, I would be forced to share the info publicly and that would only be beneficial to HHA as they would found out a power role that could be troublesome to kill. It would be even worse if he is a doctor.

If I don't share the target of my investigation beforehand and I found something that it would be for the best not to share publicly I can just say I find something important that I don't want to share unless it's completly necessary. That way HHA doesn't gain any new info. But if we decide the target of my investigation beforehand and I found something important I'm forced to share as if I don't say share it will be obvious to HHA that my target have some special role that's important.

To avoid this I think we shouldn't decide my target beforehand. I will post here when I find ordinary villagers (as they aren't a threat to HHA so they wouldn't be at risk and so we know who not to evict) and roles I I find dubious.

I disagree completely. It's better to have a consensus of who to use your power on to make better decisions. For example, in the last night phase, when Mazre nominated himself as the person to be investigated - it was a decision he presented on his own which you took, but Mazre failed to mention there were already two players who knew what his role was. Maybe not by name, but a simple look through the thread would tell you exactly what his role name was. That's the result of a unilateral decision.

Moreover, even though evidence which heavily implies certain roles has been placed in front of the HHA, they've chosen to ignore it before. If you manage to hit a special role and you know what it is and don't want to share it, I would respect that as would all the other players. We know it's a danger to reveal such roles. But, saying that you can't share it doesn't give any of us much to go on. I would say that Hobohodo is probably at greater risk of being evicted if we don't know his role. So far, the mafia have been targeting people who haven't stated their role - to gather information, I'm guessing.

Actually, I think that the only roles you should report back to us are the roles which have names that haven't been reported before or which don't obviously tell us they are town. Commuter, doctor, ordinary villager, etc. keep to yourself and say "it's better I not share". Anything weird like "Troublemaker", those are the investigations you should share.

A good cop keeps his mouth shut who he will investigate, I am glad that you came to that conclusion yourself. Do as you please and share info with us as soon as it is time to do so. Outing yourself that Early was a mistake, you saying who you would investigate would have been the second mistake.

Now that's he's out, though, we're at a greater advantage by discussing these things ahead of time. Reaching a consensus is what leads us to making better decisions.

nin1000

Banned
Now that's he's out, though, we're at a greater advantage by discussing these things ahead of time. Reaching a consensus is what leads us to making better decisions.

What are your thoughts on foshy? I doubt we will evict him since most of the players, including me now are focusing on column 1.

franconp

Reaching a consensus and not sharing any info the next day phase it will only give more info to HHA. They will know something is important as I don't share the info so that will put that person in danger. If we don't reach a consensus and I investigate someone on myself they can't find important roles.

I think you are right regarding the info I should report back. I will keep the results of my investigation to myself if I find an ordinary villager unless that person is in danger of eviction so I can clean his name.

I will only share when I find someone with a special role I have doubts about.

What are your thoughts on foshy? I doubt we will evict him since most of the players, including me now are focusing on column 1.

Right now, I'm on the fence on all the town gossips. Foshy would be at the top of my list if we were pursuing that route.

However, looking at the first column - looking at the actions of players so far - Toma seems by far the most suspicious to me. For whatever it's worth, it seems he hasn't said a single thing in his defense since 3 people have voted for him.

Reaching a consensus and not sharing any info the next day phase it will only give more info to HHA. They will know something is important as I don't share the info so that will put that person in danger. If we don't reach a consensus and I investigate someone on myself they can't find important roles.

I think you are right regarding the info I should report back. I will keep the results of my investigation to myself if I find an ordinary villager unless that person is in danger of eviction so I can clean his name.

Alright, well, fine. We're going to have to take for granted that you're very likely a good guy.

ultron87

Actually, I think that the only roles you should report back to us are the roles which have names that haven't been reported before or which don't obviously tell us they are town. Commuter, doctor, ordinary villager, etc. keep to yourself and say "it's better I not share". Anything weird like "Troublemaker", those are the investigations you should share.

That's ridiculous and gets us the least info about anything. If we follow your plan we're sharing the mystery role names that don't actually tell us anything while ALSO exposing any important roles that get investigated to Mafia death through the weak smoke screen of "well I better not say" which might as well be screaming "THIS PERSON IS THE DOCTOR".

Yes. Good.

One thing we should keep in mind is that in some Mafia set ups a "role finder" ability like yours will report back "ordinary villager" for both town-aligned ordinaries and "ordinary" Mafia goons.

That's ridiculous and gets us the least info about anything. If we follow your plan we're sharing the mystery role names that don't actually tell us anything while ALSO exposing any important roles that get investigated to Mafia death through the weak smoke screen of "well I better not say" which might as well be screaming "THIS PERSON IS THE DOCTOR".

What? There are still a good amount of roles in play here. There's strong possibilities of another commuter, another light sleeper, some of these people who haven't role claimed still being ordinary villagers; we don't even know if there actually is a doctor.

I'm trying to avoid the situation where franconp investigates a player that has all but said his role already.

Top Bottom