• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

Yeah, us knowing who he's investigating is a bad idea, especially as we aren't 100% sure of his allegiance. Say he is HHA and we vote for him to investigate another HHA member. He can then investigate someone else entirely, say that he doesn't want to reveal what he found which makes them seem like an important town role. Alternatively, if he's town, investigates someone of our choosing, doesn't want to reveal what he's found, again making them seem like an important town role, immediately paints a target on their backs. I suppose we could tell him to say that they're ordinary town or whatever, but that's just going to muddy the water unnecessarily.

Upon further inspection, we've pretty much catapulted any way to confirm franconp is aligned with us.

We'll just have to trust he knows what he's doing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well, anyway.

Look at the layout of the roles on the map. Each row and column seems to have 2-3 power roles, except for:

Row A (only Kalor)
Row C (only Tucah)
Row E (only Hippie)
Column 1 (no one)
Column 3 (only Mazre)

So, look at the players in those places, preferably starting with Column 1.

Well, anyway.

Look at the layout of the roles on the map. Each row and column seems to have 2-3 power roles, except for:

Row A (only Kalor)
Row C (only Tucah)
Row E (only Hippie)
Column 1 (no one)
Column 3 (only Mazre)

So, look at the players in those places, preferably starting with Column 1.

But you're assuming that A) nobody is lying about their role, and B) that Ourobolous, kingkitty, Hobohodo, and Darryl don't have special roles.

Haly

No no, I'm assuming they do have special roles because they in what I call "role deserts", because my main assumption is that all roles are evenly spread so that every row and column should have 2-3 roles.

Thus, they're worthy of investigation.

Which is to say I'm skeptical that a single row would have more than 4 roles so there's less need to investigate those areas than the ones that are role-light.

For whatever it's worth, it seems he hasn't said a single thing in his defense since 3 people have voted for him.

Right, I don't really have any inkling on anyone specific or the desire to deflect it onto someone who I have no idea of their role or alliance.

So, turns out i'm the second Light Sleeper. I'm saying this now rather than any nearer tomorrow's deadline to have some discussion, rather than it being a last minute role claim to lose my votes and potentially end up with no one being lynched.

I don't think I'll do one big info dump, but rather go through what I know thus far bit by bit.

No no, I'm assuming they do have special roles because they in what I call "role deserts", because my main assumption is that all roles are evenly spread so that every row and column should have 2-3 roles.

Thus, they're worthy of investigation.

Which is to say I'm skeptical that a single row would have more than 4 roles so there's less need to investigate those areas than the ones that are role-light.

Oh, I read your intent backwards.

Right, I don't really have any inkling on anyone specific or the desire to deflect it onto someone who I have no idea of their role or alliance.

So, turns out i'm the second Light Sleeper. I'm saying this now rather than any nearer tomorrow's deadline to have some discussion, rather than it being a last minute role claim to lose my votes and potentially end up with no one being lynched.

I don't think I'll do one big info dump, but rather go through what I know thus far bit by bit.

I'm curious to know what you've heard, then.

So, actually, I was between you or Ouro being the second light sleeper. I figured there had to be one in Tucah's range so that his flavor text/rules accounted for one of them. I was leaning towards Ouro, but you having 4 players to listen to as opposed to 5 made you more likely.

I'm curious to know what you've heard, then.

See, this is going to be interesting. I'll start with the reports I've had each night, what Kalor has reported back (since we have some overlap) and then later on layer some extra information on to that once we've had some discussion and given Kalor an opportunity to input.

Night 1: There was no activity in my area
Night 2: There was no activity in my area
Night 3: There was no activity in my area.

Huh.

And Kalor's:

N1: There was activity in my area
N2: There was no activity.

In terms of what I heard, there was activity in my area so someone took a action last night or a passive ability was activated.

What can we get from this?

RobotNinjaHornets is in a spot on the map that falls within both of our areas, so we might be able to say that RobotNinjaHornets has not been active in the first three nights (Not to say they're not mafia, or a role that is not detected)

Yeah, I would say RobotNinja for sure isn't the one moving around in Kalor's area. You not having heard anything in three nights really puts a damper on things, but at least it removes anyone in that area from the immediate suspect list. What's more, if my suspicions about kingkitty are correct and he's the one that's been moving in that area, there isn't anything to act on in that area, either.

That's a pretty sizable chunk of players to turn our attention away from, though.

Of these, I just want to say that my suspicions are on Hobohodo and Darryl. I'll think on this and report back.

franconp

Yeah, I would say RobotNinja for sure isn't the one moving around in Kalor's area. You not having heard anything in three nights really puts a damper on things, but at least it removes anyone in that area from the immediate suspect list. What's more, if my suspicions about kingkitty are correct and he's the one that's been moving in that area, there isn't anything to act on in that area, either.

That's a pretty sizable chunk of players to turn our attention away from, though.

Of these, I just want to say that my suspicions are on Hobohodo and Darryl. I'll think on this and report back.

Haly also is within Kalor's range. Did both of them claimed Ordinary Villager?

If they did there's something strange there.

Kalor

It's nice to see that we definitely have another Light Sleeper and that we didn't end accidentally lynch you today.

While I believe you, I have a way of proving for definite that you are the other light sleeper. There is a piece of information about my role that I've said that was wrong. It wasn't on purpose at the time as I was told two conflicting pieces of information about my role but since then I've been corrected by Karkador. I decided to hold off on revealing this as I realized that it could be used to prove the other Light Sleeper. It's a small fact but it could change some stuff.

Ourobolus

Banned
Haly also is within Kalor's range. Did both of them claimed Ordinary Villager?

If they did there's something strange there.

I think Haly did (I haven't gone back through the thread, but I think that was the case), but KK has been vague regarding his role.

It's nice to see that we definitely have another Light Sleeper and that we didn't end accidentally lynch you today.

While I believe you, I have a way of proving for definite that you are the other light sleeper. There is a piece of information about my role that I've said that was wrong. It wasn't on purpose at the time as I was told two conflicting pieces of information about my role but since then I've been corrected by Karkador. I decided to hold off on revealing this as I realized that it could be used to prove the other Light Sleeper. It's a small fact but it could change some stuff.

No problem. This is why I've split my information up and in my post above said I was going to wait for you. I didn't want to call you out as having lied since I've also had this clarified more recently.

Activity is BY people in our area as Kalor had said previously, but also things done ON people within our areas.

Kalor

No problem. This is why I've split my information up and in my post above said I was going to wait for you. I didn't want to call you out as having lied since I've also had this clarified more recently.

Activity is BY people in our area as Kalor had said previously, but also things done ON people within our areas.

And of course as a result of this, it could mean that someone in my area (Except RNH) could have been visited on N1 or N3 rather than took a night action, so it isn't necessarily a commuter.

Also I can now say:

Tucah was killed Night 1. Yet, there was no activity in my area on Night 1.

I checked this out and Tucah's death contradicts what I've been told about activity in my area.. so a HHA member can act without being detected?

Haly

I think it means kills don't count as activity or...

There exists a "stealth kill" role.

It's hard to say. We need to see the Role PM of at least one HHA before we can really guess their mechanics.

Mazre

/table flip

Ourobolus

Banned
And of course as a result of this, it could mean that someone in my area (Except RNH) could have been visited on N1 or N3 rather than took a night action, so it isn't necessarily a commuter.

So I guess that would then include franconp's investigation of Mazre, unlike what was previously thought, right?

Updated map with ranges of light sleepers, I think it's right.

kvLwOnk.jpg

Given Ouro hasn't argued with that roleclaim

UNVOTE: tomakasatnav

I'd come up with an...admittedly unlikely theory that Ouro was the light sleeper and tom was a HHA investigator type, who'd checked out Ouro, and then set some hints so he could claim Ouro's role and people would believe him over Ouro.

I was very tired when I came up with this theory.

Occam's razor and all that.

Hm.

...damnit, I just had quite a bit written up about the likelyhood of it being either Haly or Kitty who'd done the action on N1, but I was rereading the thread and noticed the actions done on us stuff as well. Bollocks.

Question to the light sleepers, if there is more than one action performed at night in your range, do you get notified that there was more than one? Like an action happens to two different ppl in your range, do you get one notice saying "activity in your area" or do you get two notices?

franconp

It's that map accurate?

Have Darryl, RNH, Hobohodo, Ourobolus, LunaticLMD, EzekelRage and Nin1000 roleclaimed Ordinary Villager?

Kalor

Question to the light sleepers, if there is more than one action performed at night in your range, do you get notified that there was more than one? Like an action happens to two different ppl in your range, do you get one notice saying "activity in your area" or do you get two notices?

We just get one notice.

It's that map accurate?

Have Darryl, RNH, Hobohodo, Ourobolus, LunaticLMD, EzekelRage and Nin1000 roleclaimed Ordinary Villager?

I have, apparently Ouro said something in Foshy's chat?

Also I'm now inclinded to believe that there's an HHA member in each of the light sleeper's areas, I can't imagine either one would be there primarily as a distraction

It's that map accurate?

Somewhat accurate I guess? I just went off of a post LMQ made. For instance, I don't think I stated "I'm villager." But didn't have a problem being labeled as such, since I am one.

I know Nin has, dont know about others.

Probably hold off on the voting off of someone in Lunatic's position. That position being probably getting replaced/evicted/prodded by mod. Most likely he replaced a guy who didn't care for the non power towney role (Like whichever Gun guy I replaced). So could probably save wasting votes on him if Kark gonna do something about his role/player. Luna hasn't posted on the site in a week.

franconp

That's the thing. I don't think it would be good having another replacement at this point of the game. It would take a while to get the hang on things.

Unless Kark puts Blargonaut in that spot. This game need more mini-games.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'm with Ezekel on this one. God forbid Luna is the doctor or something else useful. Maybe we'll get someone who actually sticks around this time.

Gah.

I was hoping to push them into talking, I don't want to actually evict them.

But yeah. It's been 7 days. That's 2 days longer than they should be allowed to not post. We getting another replacement Kark?

Karkador

Banned
Yeah I'm on it. Sorry about the deadbeats, everyone.

Also, thanks to everyone who IS participating and on top of the game. The game is going well so far, in spite of the deadbeats.

Razmos

VOTE: LunaticLMD

Sorry I haven't been posting much, can't really think of anything to say that would have any real input, haha

hmmm, having light sleepers not being able to tell how many actions are in a night kinda throws a wrench in things. Would make sense they get multiple reports since they are light sleepers :p.So where are everyone's thought in regards for who to vote other than Lunatic due to inactivity?

Looking at the LS range, doesn't provide too much information, with hopefully more information to come from LS at some point, since one or both held back a little?

I think RNH MAY be clear in regards to actions, since Toma didn't pick up activity n1 while Kalor did. So that leaves Haly, KingKitty, and Mazre having an action performed on them or doing an action that night, possible both since LSs can't tell if more than one activity in a night. There is currently a theory floating about what the actions were and that could explain Kalor's reports of activities. Curious to see if there is activity for Kalor on Night 5. Fran, if possible, don't investigate anyone in Kalor's range in Night 5. Since Tucah had an action performed on him(eviction) but didn't show up for Toma, that opens up the opportunity of a silent killer. If that is the case we won't be able to get info in regards to kills until the silent HHA member is found.

Has there been nothing of value discussed in the gossip chats?

Was there any reason Foshy didn't invite Nin to the chat? I want to say I saw a post where Foshy said something about not trusting nin, but no sure.

I find it weird that none of the vocal/post heavy users have been targeted by HHA, but that is just reading about last game and barrylocke :p

FXd2B2c3NrGI8IDrLIvp.png

Razmos

Looking at the map, wouldn't it make sense for Launchpad to be another gossip? it makes sense considering the location of the other gossips.

Haly

4 gossips would be too much. Also Gossip is serving the same role as Light Sleepers in this case. They're both "area" detectors whose purpose is to sniff out suspicious activity around them.

I have no idea what's going on in the bottom right corner of the map though, that's just a totally dark area.

Gossips can't really do much if the players don't chat though in the gossip chat, which sux. Would be awesome if instead of chatting at night they got a random fact about one of their surrounding neighbors. We believe Foshy is gossip correct?

Time Left Until Day 4 Ends
t1433440800z1.png

So, everything falls back on Salva or what in regards to an eviction for today?

Top Bottom