• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing Mafia |OT| - Making Animal Friends Is Awesome!

SalvaPot

Bars are ppl that are invited to the gossip chat. This list of ordinary villagers and power role claims is based off on LMQ's post. So if someone is mislabeled, let me know and I'll change it. Looking at the map, the first column looks suspicious lol.
DEnzNw2.jpg

This really ilustrates the current situation. I think we are looking at between 3 and 5 HHA members, and its likey we have one per 1/4 of the map.

Also, the choices for evictions by the HHA are curious, they are both on the bottom left of the map. Why did the HHA choose this targets?

nin1000

Banned
I am not on risk of getting evicted yet (and honestly its not a huge loss for towny if I am gone) and I did suggest getting either someone who claimed villager or an inactive.

Now I know how nin felt lol, I hope you are villager nin or else I´ll be mad.

:*

kingkitty

This really ilustrates the current situation. I think we are looking at between 3 and 5 HHA members, and its likey we have one per 1/4 of the map.

Also, the choices for evictions by the HHA are curious, they are both on the bottom left of the map. Why did the HHA choose this targets?

I feel like Tucah's was just blind luck. It was only the first night, so they probably didn't have the opportunity yet to use their night abilities. One far-fetched possibility is that Foshy is a mafia-aligned gossip who invited Tucah during the 1st day, and then Tucah gave out his real role during the night, or lied about having some other role.

But that's a stretch. I'm just gonna go with luck.

Coppanuva might just be guessing too.

nin1000

Banned
I feel like Tucah's was just blind luck. It was only the first night, so they probably didn't have the opportunity yet to use their night abilities. One far-fetched possibility is that Foshy is a mafia-aligned gossip who invited Tucah during the 1st day, and then Tucah gave out his real role during the night, or lied about having some other role.

But that's a stretch. I'm just gonna go with luck.

Coppanuva might just be guessing too.

Welcome back to the chat kingkitty

nin1000

Banned
I don't know, even though I felt mistreated by salvapot on the 2nd day, I just can't get over the feeling that this sucker is mafia.
His defense is as emotional as mine and I can relate to that.
But as launch stated aswell he sure can be playing his role, a very good one aswell.
So for now I will stick to my vote for foshy since he still did not found the time to respond to my vote.

Not sure on the vote for Foshy. We know his role (if not whether he's town or HHA) so given the numbers (we are still 19?) do we need to get rid of him knowing he has no killing etc power - only what he can learn from his invited neighbour? Do we risk going for someone else (with that salva at the moment) in the chance of hitting a 'more powerful' HHA?

kingkitty

Hmm.

So Foshy invited Ourobolus on Day 2.

Did Foshy invite Tucah on Day 1?

Anyways, I doubt Foshy AND Ourobolus is mafia. Would Karkador really put two mafia houses right next to each other? I'm gonna say unlikely.

So if we vote for Foshy, then what are going off here, that Foshy might be a mafia-aligned gossiper?

This wasn't me trying to do anything suspect. I threw his name out there to see if you guys would discuss it, but I guess I shouldve said that. I may have some more thoughts on him and what's going on in a bit.

Oh, I thought it was a joke callback to the first day.

Ouro...I dunno. Nothing's really jumped out at me about him, but maybe that's what we should be looking for? The people making the least impression.

That said, your argument about Salva is pretty interesting. It would be in the HHA's best interest to not be the one to force an eviction, which does make his comment to nin look suspicious, especially given Salva had already voted for nin himself. Hmm.

Hmmmm.

kingkitty

I cannot comment on any of the discussion so far, but as the person who makes the rules, I feel that I have to clarify the earlier explanation I made about how roles were assigned - because it's not exactly "random", and I don't want to see this game get sidetracked into pure statistics.

Let me clarify how I assigned roles in this game.

1. The map with 25 spaces was made - 3 spaces were removed to fit the player count, with the intention of having two players and two roles inhabit one space.

2. I assigned roles to the spaces, by design of the game

3. I then took the list of players, randomized it, and filled them into each house, row by row.

So it is accurate to say that players were assigned their roles randomly (as you would expect in these games), but inaccurate to say that roles were assigned to a space randomly. I apologize for the confusion.

When I say "unlikely" I'm kinda just pulling guesses out of my butt. There very well could be two mafia right next to each other...but going off just what Karkador said early on the in the game, there's nothing "random" about the layout of the village.

So by design, Karkador created at least 3 Town Gossips. And none of the town gossips are right next to each other. So hey, maybe none of the mafia are next to each other either. /shrug

Ouro...I dunno. Nothing's really jumped out at me about him, but maybe that's what we should be looking for? The people making the least impression.

This is kind of what's been jumping out to me, strangely. There are some of us that have a pretty sizable presence on here, then there are some that stand out because they're so inactive. Ouro is in this in-between space where he's not terribly active nor terribly inactive. Also, his initial opinions were usually bandwagoning onto other's thoughts and votes, trying to stay very inconspicuous. For a lot of these players, I've made associations already - "that's the guy who said this about SalvaPot" or "that's the guy who hasn't said anything in three days". But Ouro, I'm kind of drawing a blank, other than he's the guy we picked on a bit when the game started. There's nothing else substantial about his presence.

When I say "unlikely" I'm kinda just pulling guesses out of my butt. There very well could be two mafia right next to each other...but going off just what Karkador said early on the in the game, there's nothing "random" about the layout of the village.

So by design, Karkador created at least 3 Town Gossips. And none of the town gossips are right next to each other. So hey, maybe none of the mafia are next to each other either. /shrug

Well, the thing of it is, even if there are two mafia members next to each other geographically, I don't think there's a difference. They don't operate in conjunction with each other based on range. In the case that they are bunched together or the case where they are spread apart, it's something we would discover down the road and not something that would influence our investigation because it's something that doesn't effect the way they play. At least, as long as they don't have special roles that pertain to range like the town gossips, in which case how beneficial it is to have them bunched up or spread out would vary from scenario to scenario.

Ourobolus

Banned
This is kind of what's been jumping out to me, strangely. There are some of us that have a pretty sizable presence on here, then there are some that stand out because they're so inactive. Ouro is in this in-between space where he's not terribly active nor terribly inactive. Also, his initial opinions were usually bandwagoning onto other's thoughts and votes, trying to stay very inconspicuous. For a lot of these players, I've made associations already - "that's the guy who said this about SalvaPot" or "that's the guy who hasn't said anything in three days". But Ouro, I'm kind of drawing a blank, other than he's the guy we picked on a bit when the game started. There's nothing else substantial about his presence.

I spent most of the first two days just trying to get a feel for the rest of the playing field. But, I'll provide some insight into my actions:

Day 1: Well, I know that I was a random choice, but I don't think anyone can blame me for going on the defensive that day.
Day 2: I stated several times that I didn't think HH was HHA. I did initially bandwagon, yes, because I didn't want a repeat of "No Evict" like the first day. I was interested to hear your thoughts because I was happy to see that someone else thought otherwise, and I thus unvoted. That said, I didn't really have any other specific people in mind to evict, but I knew we couldn't really end on "No Evict" again.
Day 3: I led the vote against Freak that day. I wasn't convinced that nin1000 was HHA, and while I wasn't entirely convinced about Freak, he was acting very strangely. I'll be the first to admit that I screwed the pooch on that one.

nin1000

Banned
This wasn't me trying to do anything suspect. I threw his name out there to see if you guys would discuss it, but I guess I shouldve said that. I may have some more thoughts on him and what's going on in a bit.

The Thing is.....i cant really get a grasp on him since he did not make that of an Impact. but so did several others on day 3. who will get prodded btw ? seems like no one beside the usual suspects contributed today. Well besides the usual bullshit like " oh no one died , well thats great"

ultron87

I was in Vegas over the weekend, so wasn't really able to check things. Apologies.

I'll try and post my thoughts during my lunch.

Timeaisis

Bars are ppl that are invited to the gossip chat. This list of ordinary villagers and power role claims is based off on LMQ's post. So if someone is mislabeled, let me know and I'll change it. Looking at the map, the first column looks suspicious lol.
DEnzNw2.jpg

That's a lot of ordinary villagers in column 1...

I have a question for Kalor. So, you said that you can listen to activity in your range...

I get information about the 8 squares surrounding me (5 since I'm on the edge of the map).

The only role we know of so far that has been limited by the river has been Mazre's, and he needs to use the bridge to communicate with freakzilla. However, we have a role that can suddenly ignore that limitation and Kalor can use his ability on RobotNinjaHornets. I understand that it's sound, which can travel over water realistically, but it's ignoring the bridge system that Kark established.

So, what's up with that?

Also, I realized that someone has a lot more information than they're sharing, but they should have a lot more by the end of the fifth day.

Kalor

I have a question for Kalor. So, you said that you can listen to activity in your range...

The only role we know of so far that has been limited by the river has been Mazre's, and he needs to use the bridge to communicate with freakzilla. However, we have a role that can suddenly ignore that limitation and Kalor can use his ability on RobotNinjaHornets. I understand that it's sound, which can travel over water realistically, but it's ignoring the bridge system that Kark established.

So, what's up with that?

Well, it might just be that due to my position on the map that not allowing for diagonals would limit the potential for my role. I haven't really thought of this point that much as diagonals were specifically mentioned in my role. If I have to guess why it is limited for Mazre, it might just be to limit how many people they can talk to and can focus on those people. I have no real answer for this, I guess it ultimately comes down to Karkadors intentions for each role.

Well, it might just be that due to my position on the map that not allowing for diagonals would limit the potential for my role. I haven't really thought of this point that much as diagonals were specifically mentioned in my role. If I have to guess why it is limited for Mazre, it might just be to limit how many people they can talk to and can focus on those people. I have no real answer for this, I guess it ultimately comes down to Karkadors intentions for each role.

Actually, I believe this is true. I was in the midst of writing up a post tearing you down, but I realized a couple of things in the meantime. One is that there is definitely a commuter in your area and he's likely there as a red herring to stop you from hearing legitimate mafia activity. What's more, I know who the other light sleeper is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I also think one of our ordinary villagers is actually an important role in disguise.

That much is obvious. Probably like francorp, except he was never pressured like francorp was.

Unfortunately, it's a catch-22. They'll reduce their chances of being evicted by mafia, but I look around the light sleepers and they're the ones that stand out the most as being mafia.

Haly

Vote: tomakasatnav

I think toma is in the same position as ouro as being a "not very impactful, staying in the background" kind of guy. Contributing regularly but not giving anything up that really implicates him (which, ironically, implicates him). They're also both in the first row of "hey fuck you guys we're all alive kek!".

So I flipped a coin and it landed on toma.

Haly

I'm pretty sure some of the HHA have power roles but I can't imagine what they are, aside from the obvious ones of the roomies. This feels like a really low power, investigative game so I doubt there are role blockers or other stuff like that (who would they even block, francorp?). But they haven't done anything yet to tip off any skills.

kingkitty

Well, the thing of it is, even if there are two mafia members next to each other geographically, I don't think there's a difference. They don't operate in conjunction with each other based on range. In the case that they are bunched together or the case where they are spread apart, it's something we would discover down the road and not something that would influence our investigation because it's something that doesn't effect the way they play. At least, as long as they don't have special roles that pertain to range like the town gossips, in which case how beneficial it is to have them bunched up or spread out would vary from scenario to scenario.

if we knew for a fact that mafia players can't be right next to each other, that helps us greatly cut down the list of suspects.

"player A and player B sure are suspicious, but they're right next to each other, so both can't possibility be mafia"

but anyways, my guess doesn't hold much water yet.

kingkitty

*possibly

also, if we believed mafia didn't neighbor other mafia, then whenever (if ever) we evict a mafia member, we can then point to everyone who neighbors that particular mafia as townie.

but still, it's a big, risky assumption to make.

Haly

It's an assumption I don't want to make right now. I just want to get at least one HHA, maybe reveal their role, and deduce the mechanics the others have based on that.

I just hope it isn't a vanilla HHA.

I see the Map as a kind of jigsaw puzzle except I don't know what the HHA pieces are shaped like.

My main problem with Ouro now is that.. well I believed his explanation, but also he hasn't said hes an ordinary villager.

Toma is honestly as good a choice as any.

VOTE: Toma

I think it's funny how as days progress, we get more and more unsure.

if we knew for a fact that mafia players can't be right next to each other, that helps us greatly cut down the list of suspects.

"player A and player B sure are suspicious, but they're right next to each other, so both can't possibility be mafia"

but anyways, my guess doesn't hold much water yet.

Yeah, I think putting a pin in that for now is best.

Anyone have an idea of vote counts?

I think that puts me at 2, Salva had voted for me but then changed his to someone else?

I guess this means you won't be naming your suspected light sleeper, Launchpad?

franconp

I find very weird that everyone in column A is an ordinary villager. I'm planning to investigate someone in that column to find out if someone is lying, unless someone have a better target.

Regarding eviction I'm leaning to vote LunaticLMD as he hasn't make a single post since his first salute. I don't think he is HHA but I also don't have a clue who is one so the safest be would be someone who doesn't contribute to the game. We don't lose much.

Haly

I find very weird that everyone in column A is an ordinary villager. I'm planning to investigate someone in that column to find out if someone is lying, unless someone have a better target.

Regarding eviction I'm leaning to vote LunaticLMD as he hasn't make a single post since his first salute. I don't think he is HHA but I also don't have a clue who is one so the safest be would be someone who doesn't contribute to the game. We don't lose much.
We're waiting for a prod on him, funny one inactive player was replaced by another inactive player.

Following a quick study I did on voting patterns, I've stepped back in anything I said about Salva. I looked back at who participated in the old game, and consistently I've found that many of us who did not participate in that one have been much more vocal and prone to jumping from one decision to another. We're noobs with seemingly nothing to lose, so we talk a lot and change decisions often.

kingkitty

Yeah, I think putting a pin in that for now is best.

It's best to keep it in the back of our minds as we continue to play this wretched game.

If I knew for certain that franconp was not mafia, I would have liked him to look at
Hobodobo. This person is connected to two town gossips.

kingkitty

Besides Hobodobo, I also think Haly, and RobotNinjaHornets would be interesting to check.

Also I'm curious, whats your official role title?

I have a prediction, that won't mean much now, but I should mention it anyway. I don't think even if franconp actually manages to investigate a mafia member successfully that we're just going to be able to say "yep that's mafia." It's likely each of the mafia members have role names designed to be ambiguous, like in the last game. Since franconp can't find out the alliance, we won't know for sure immediately.

franconp

Besides Hobodobo, I also think Haly, and RobotNinjaHornets would be interesting to check.

Also I'm curious, whats your official role title?

Both of them and Tomakasatnav were my main targets. I'm leaning to investigate one of them.

I don't like the idea of investigating Hobohodo yet. I want to prove town that I'm an investigator and I don't think it will help if I keep investigating someone who is next to a know town gossip. If Hobohod shared his role with either Razmos or Mazre's chat my investigation proves nothing.

My official role is the investigator. Kark wasn't very original with it.

kingkitty

I don't like the idea of investigating Hobohodo yet. I want to prove town that I'm an investigator and I don't think it will help if I keep investigating someone who is next to a know town gossip. If Hobohod shared his role with either Razmos or Mazre's chat my investigation proves nothing.

that's a good point.

Both of them and Tomakasatnav were my main targets. I'm leaning to investigate one of them.

My official role is the investigator. Kark wasn't very original with it.

Hobohodo wasn't invited to Razmos' chat. However, kingkitty could tell us if he ever role claimed in the Mazre chat.

franconp

that's a good point.

That's also why I didn't include Ourobolus in the last list. If he shared his role with Foshy and he turn up being a HHA gossip I can't my role.

LaunchpadMcQ is right, I can't know the aligment of my target unless it's name makes it obvious.

Top Bottom