• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Mista

Banned
Its great to know that theres such games now since everything is competitive and the communities automatically turns toxic

Last edited:

Kacho

giphy.gif

Edit to avoid triple post meltdown

Got a lighthouse earlier today
EUZEQ7hU8AAl9nJ

And it lights up at night
EUZEQ73VAAA4ev2

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I still need roses

I hate these town exclusive stuff worst thing is for some reason I can't visit any online towns my connection always gives me a try again bs as dodo

I want some of these fruit boxes I can only buy pear at my town I want a fruit box for each type

V5guXAX.jpg

I built my orchid too close together it takes too long to clear my trees without doing a lot of double checking the camera tilts up

ADcj6R7.jpg

I don't want to redesign it kinda cool place to hide lol
it took a lot of work to put together maybe I'll space it out in the future

I need fruit boxes

edit: lol I just noticed I did not even make a row for pears since it is my local fruit it got left out the box makes no sense

Last edited:

Thurible

Went to a flower island today. It was neat, I thought the brown flowers were a tad odd but charming. I like the diverse colors they brought to the island so I brought as many varities as I could to my own.

wdVmVmc.jpg

Today someone named Flick came over to my island. He is obsessed with bugs (makes sense as he seems to be based off of a small reptile). He offered to buy my insects for more than they would be worth in Nook's Cranny. He is also an artist who apparently makes sculptures of bugs, so I gave him some stinkbugs to model his sculpture after and I should receive one in the next couple of days.
VpBVUiw.jpg

I also paid off my loan on my house and am having a large upstairs room built. In addition I played with my friend a bit online, so it was certainly an alright day.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I figured out a way to make an easy ~40k bells in 15 mins. I have a patch of my land where I planted a series of flower patches. I run this back and forth at night and can consistently catch: man-faced stink bugs, tiger beetles, emperor butterflies, and tarantulas.

Linius

I figured out a way to make an easy ~40k bells in 15 mins. I have a patch of my land where I planted a series of flower patches. I run this back and forth at night and can consistently catch: man-faced stink bugs, tiger beetles, emperor butterflies, and tarantulas.

Same here. I have two pretty big flowerbeds for hybrid purposes right across my house which is also close to Nook's Cranny. I'm not quite racking up those numbers, but it's definitely a doable grind for me to farm some money for the next morning. In addition to the bell tree and bell rock I'd say I start every money with just over 200K of new bells. And that's not even costing me a lot of work to do. It will go a bit slower, but even without turnips you can make a nice profit.

These expeditions so far have been a bust. I'm just getting the same old shit I could get on my own island.

Yeah for me they haven't been too great either. Had the bamboo one twice, which is nice for bamboo recipies. Yesterday I had the pond island and caught a shitload of koi and Emperors. And I sort of created an tarantula island some days ago, which didn't go fast at all but I caught a few of them. Other than that it's been a bunch of nothing really.

Last edited:

Linius

OneydtL.jpg

Finally found a really cool kitchen piece for this room. I love that you can place the frying pan on it as well. And the knife rack attached to the wall is a seperate piece too.

OXTMGXG.jpg

A week ago I also recreated a pop up store of my place of work and I had my first customer yesterday. Mira was checking out some sweet speakers when I walked by.

Impotaku

3135-1993-9312 Island name Aloha

Need more travel contacts if anyone wants to add me, i have all fruits if anyone needs them to fill in the gaps in their town. Like one of the posters above i'm also looking for those damn fruit boxes i only have peaches or as someone pointed out they look like a butt wiping with a leaf & now i cant unsee it lol. If anone has the other 4 kinds i'd love to own them.
kYA3rEY.jpg

Last edited:

Linius

Oh shit..

j3L6QJU.jpg

Hahaha, up to 95 hours over here. Quarantine had something to do with that. Under normal circumstances I would have been at my internship during office hours. Now I'm just working from home all day, evert day.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Few questiosn I've run into...
-Do non flimsy tools ever break?
-Are there more inventory expansions beyond the one available from Nook shop right at the beginning?
-Is there a limit to how many trees you can have? I wanted to plant a row of cherry trees around my house. Eventually it just stopped letting me plant cherrys. Guessing I need to chop down some existing ones?

Mista

Banned
Few questiosn I've run into...
-Do non flimsy tools ever break?
-Are there more inventory expansions beyond the one available from Nook shop right at the beginning?
-Is there a limit to how many trees you can have? I wanted to plant a row of cherry trees around my house. Eventually it just stopped letting me plant cherrys. Guessing I need to chop down some existing ones?
1- Everything breaks (apart from Vaulting Pole and Ladder)
2- Yeah you can expand your inventory more currently I have 40 spots
3- Never had an issue so far in planting trees so I don't know about any limits

JORMBO

Darkness no more
1- Everything breaks (apart from Vaulting Pole and Ladder)
2- Yeah you can expand your inventory more currently I have 40 spots
3- Never had an issue so far in planting trees so I don't know about any limits

My Resident Services just upgraded today and I see it now has another inventory expansion. Now I feel like I have a good amount of space.

Mista

Banned
Just crafted 20 fish baits. I snoozed while pressing A Nintendo should allow us to craft in quantity. DO IT!

Now the hunt for a Tuna begins!

Linius

Only fish I still need are the Barreleye and the ranchu goldfish. Well for now, tomorrow we get new ones of course. And I need to catch an ant when it comes to bugs. Gonna have to let one turnip rot to catch one.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Usually I dread DLC for games but I feel like this game has huge potential for DLC . Really excited, for the future of the game.

Linius

The holiday events are free, of course. But I can totally see Nintendo going to work on extra stuff, characters etc. for a fee. The AC playerbase is huge and dedicated. If there's any community willing to pay for more content it's AC. But we'll see what happens, really hope we get more than just the occasionnel holiday event for DLC.

Kacho

175 turnip prices this morning. Hoping for a better price in 20 min. Either way I’m selling these things ASAP. Price has slowly increased since yesterday and I’m afraid it’s about to crater and never recover.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
175 turnip prices this morning. Hoping for a better price in 20 min. Either way I’m selling these things ASAP. Price has slowly increased since yesterday and I’m afraid it’s about to crater and never recover.

175 is the best I’ve seen so far on here. Supposedly best prices occur Wednesday onward.

DeaDPo0L84

So I'm not typically a switch player and even less so when it comes to animal crossing (first time). But what's the likelihood of updates featuring most requested changes and things of that nature? This game needs some QoL improvements.

Mista

Banned
So I'm not typically a switch player and even less so when it comes to animal crossing (first time). But what's the likelihood of updates featuring most requested changes and things of that nature? This game needs some QoL improvements.
It'll come as always. Tomorrow we have an update for the easter event

And followed we will have plenty of QoL updates like they always do

Top Bottom