• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

Tesseract

Banned
This is where you get the last laugh because you don't have to pay him a goddam dime of that. After Nook fucking you around for so long, you get to turn the tables and have your basement built for FREE.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I caught 3 sturgeon tonight. I was on the same island as that glitch to make them spawn frequently. I was farming tarantulas so that may have helped.
Still no sign of the golden trout.

Linius

Managed to buy 4000 turnips at 90 each. And now we wait.

Some screenshots from the past days

C9N3eqQ.jpg

Left side room in the house. Combined bedroom and office for now.

tkNUVXx.jpg

The room in the back. Kitchen and diningroom to be in one.

WXgTAsk.jpg

A wholesome moment with Dizzy.

The past few days I finally caught the tuna and the golden trout. Only catchable fish I don't have yet is that damned Barreleye. Other than that I've been busy with finally starting my flower beds. Gonna increase those today considering there are so many bugs coming at them. And I eventually want to have a lot of blue, orange and black flowers.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Managed to buy 4000 turnips at 90 each. And now we wait.

Some screenshots from the past days

C9N3eqQ.jpg

Left side room in the house. Combined bedroom and office for now.

tkNUVXx.jpg

The room in the back. Kitchen and diningroom to be in one.

WXgTAsk.jpg

A wholesome moment with Dizzy.

The past few days I finally caught the tuna and the golden trout. Only catchable fish I don't have yet is that damned Barreleye. Other than that I've been busy with finally starting my flower beds. Gonna increase those today considering there are so many bugs coming at them. And I eventually want to have a lot of blue, orange and black flowers.

The first shot shows how gorgeous and understated their new renderer is. Awesome!

drganon

Some of the interiors of houses posted look awesome. Mine looks like a random assortment of crap I've found.

ebevan91

I bought 1000 at 90 each and threw them all in my empty room. I couldn't really afford any more so I'll probably make some more money in a little bit and try to get another 1000.

Also, do you really have to invite the first visitor to your campsite to live on your island? It's another damn bird and I already have 2 of them.

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I dropped about $750k on turnips. It filled all 3 rooms of my house. I will need to upgrade to fit more turnips in.

On the plus side, now that I have hybrid flowers it only leaves the fly and ant as the bugs I need. Still need a golden trout.

Got the Able sisters shop spot set-up as well a new new resident.

I have them at 94

Nice, I already bought out. I'll post my sell prices during the week. Hopefully I can make a fortune.

Honestly. Fuck trying to get the Stringfish. Have crafted over 100 bait now and still nothing. Think I may have to give up. I even caught a golden trout.

Yet to see any sturgeon either. I think this game hates me.

Who else here is playing the game as player 2 and at night? Probably nobody because it's only fun for a 6 year old. This is the worst critically acclaimed game I've ever played. First I can't unlock anything which blows, and then my wife (player one) makes the mistake of progressing the game and unlocks Nooks Cranny, and now I cant even sell the shit I get at full price at night because the god damn store is closed from 10pm-8am, and the drop box only gives 80%...

What in the fuck is this?

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

So why does this game only have such few hairstyles??
I cannot believe the game doesn't give you more options with the character at the beginning. I thought the Sims was limited on this front as well but it's far worse in animal crossing.

When the WWE games outdo all of them then that's a failure.

gela94

I cannot believe the game doesn't give you more options with the character at the beginning. I thought the Sims was limited on this front as well but it's far worse in animal crossing.

When the WWE games outdo all of them then that's a failure.
Yeah it's hard to understand why all the character customization is so limited.

Mista

Banned
Nice, I already bought out. I'll post my sell prices during the week. Hopefully I can make a fortune.
Please let me know the highest price you get
Honestly. Fuck trying to get the Stringfish. Have crafted over 100 bait now and still nothing. Think I may have to give up. I even caught a golden trout.

Yet to see any sturgeon either. I think this game hates me.
I caught plenty of them!

Stringfish available from 4pm to 9am on clifftop river
Sturgeon available all day at the river mouth

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I haven’t shown you my incomplete house. Lets start

The Main Room

EUR98g-HU4-AA-63j.jpg

The Living Room

EUR98f8-Uw-AI3yjd.jpg

The Kitchen

EUR98g-DU4-AAw-TAY.jpg

The Bathroom

EUR98g-HU0-Ac-Lx-BY.jpg

The "Garden"

EUR-Oc-TUw-AAT88-M.jpg

EUR-Oc-RVAAAabvn.jpg

PLEASE IGNORE THE TURNIPS!
What are you wearing?

Thurible

Finally caught a tuna today!
wpd6B4Z.jpg

Here is a picture of my and my friend from a few days back or so in the museum.
9yDK3OO.jpg

Also... Isabelle is finally on the island because the resident service place has grown!

Top Bottom