• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

lorddct

I am stuck, where Nook isn't giving me blathers or anything. Is there anyway to progress the game when you are a secondary resident? Or force it so I am the primary resident? I've been stuck with tents for the town for the past 3 days. What is going on?

Last edited:
I learned a new Axe
EULoV0PVAAE3UXc

I hear rumors that these do break :(

cormack12

Gold Member
OK, my last of three neighbours has moved in - do they take the shit from outside, indoors? Its just messy, can i take it off them? Looks like a hillbilly festival.

Any quick ways to get bells while resi services is shutting down? Just grind fish, fruit and insects?

OK, my last of three neighbours has moved in - do they take the shit from outside, indoors? Its just messy, can i take it off them? Looks like a hillbilly festival.

Any quick ways to get bells while resi services is shutting down? Just grind fish, fruit and insects?

part of the new outdoor gameplay you need outdoor stuff for Island Evalution later so the outdoor stuff may look messy just arrange them the best you can.

focus on your fishing or fruit trees

Mozza

Even for an Animal Crossing game it looks bad. Its empty and the colors are washed out and hazy. Art direction looks better on Gamecube with better colors and richer textures.

The game looks great, the amount of detail compared to the previous versions is vastly improved, the colors pop, but at the moment the season will make the grass and trees etc less green, people on here though, all moaning if Nintendo games look too childish with bright colors, then when Nintendo tone it down a little they complain the colors are all washed out, give me a break fella. ;)

Last edited:

mcjmetroid

Even for an Animal Crossing game it looks bad. Its empty and the colors are washed out and hazy. Art direction looks better on Gamecube with better colors and richer textures.
I think some perspective might be needed here. The game does a lot with shadows and effects and it's a full 1080p game on the switch so it looks very clear compared to other switch games.

The art styles for these games are always going to be basic at first until you delve a bit deeper into it.

nkarafo

The game looks great, the amount of detail compared to the previous versions is vastly improved, the colors pop, but at the moment the season will make the grass and trees etc less green, people on here though, all moaning if Nintendo games look too childish with bright colors, then when Nintendo tone it down a little they complain the colors are all washed out, give me a break fella. ;)
I don't care about what "people on here" say, this is my own opinion. I do like how Nintendo games look and Animal Crossing always had this warm, cozy look to me. This game however even looks somewhat depressing with it's big empty spaces, lack of ground texture/details and washed out colors. Dunno, maybe it also has something to do with the "cylindrical" style that allows you to see the sky and horizon (and the short draw distance) VS the isometric look of the original version.

Last edited:

T-Square

did they add some machine learning AI in this game? I put a couple of music instruments in my house now there's almost always an instrument in the store. Also when I get an article of clothing I don't wear and keep it in my inventory I get the option to give it away when I talk to a villager. example when I get a feminine clothing item and talk to a male villager I don't have the option, any female villager I do. it's happened 3 times already. I haven't tested what happens if I start wearing these things

Last edited:

Mozza

I don't care what "people on here" say, this is my own opinion. I do like how Nintendo games look and Animal Crossing always had this warm, cozy look to me. This game however even looks somewhat depressing with it's big empty spaces, lack of ground texture/details and washed out colors.

When Nintendo first showed the game fans complained they did not have the triangle designs on the grass, Nintendo added that the next time the game was shown, as I have said this is a massive leap from previous entries to the series, and the colors are fine imho, to bad you do not like it, but depressing seems a tad to far.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
did they add some machine learning AI in this game? I put a couple of music instruments in my house now there's almost always an instrument in the store. Also when I get an article of clothing I don't wear and keep it in my inventory I get the option to give it away when I talk to a villager. example when I get a feminine clothing item and talk to a male villager I don't have the option, any female villager I do. it's happened 3 times already. I haven't tested what happens if I start wearing these things

don't need machine learning to do any of that

Mista

Banned
I'd appreciate if you folks would update us on the turnip prices please during the week

We can literally make millions out of it

Linius

Yeah I’m gonna go with a 400K invest on turnips. Not really into having to make multiple trips yet. This week I started very slow with 50K and I sold for 515 per turnip. If I can get a margin anywhere near that again I should be looking at making that 400K investment into 2 million.

Mista

Banned
Yeah I’m gonna go with a 400K invest on turnips. Not really into having to make multiple trips yet. This week I started very slow with 50K and I sold for 515 per turnip. If I can get a margin anywhere near that again I should be looking at making that 400K investment into 2 million.
DAMN! Thats good business right there

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

I didn't realize she left at noon last week so I missed out. I'm taking my $600k thaat would pay off my house and instead investing it this weekend. I'll post tomorrow morning what my prices for turnips are.

I haven't seen any shooting stars but I do have a recipe that calls for them.

Mista

Banned
I didn't realize she left at noon last week so I missed out. I'm taking my $600k thaat would pay off my house and instead investing it this weekend. I'll post tomorrow morning what my prices for turnips are.

I haven't seen any shooting stars but I do have a recipe that calls for them.
Celeste must appear on your island

cormack12

Gold Member
Taking a break today and started another playthrough of Astral Chain. I've hit a plateau as well. Got my resident services upgrade starting tomorrow and finished my second house payment today, so will get that upgrade in the morning.

What's the deal with this turnip stuff tomorrow - this is my first AC...

Mista

Banned
What's the deal with this turnip stuff tomorrow - this is my first AC...
Daisy Mae shows up on your island from 9am till 12pm your timing. She sells turnips for a price and when you check your upgraded shop you can ask whats the turnips price for the day

Check with other people too as one turnip can be sold for 600 bells. You got to sell them before next Sunday because they'll rot. So you got 6 days to sell them and its the selling number is 100% random in each island

DirectX

Neo Member
I am stuck, where Nook isn't giving me blathers or anything. Is there anyway to progress the game when you are a secondary resident? Or force it so I am the primary resident? I've been stuck with tents for the town for the past 3 days. What is going on?
Given him the bugs and fish

Mista

Banned
Bouncing between playing and doing chores. Rearranged most of the flowers on the island to start crossbreeding to get exotic types to attract the bugs I am missing.

Got bridge #3 funded. I'll probably prioritize slopes next.

I fished for the golden trout at least 50 times with bait and got nada. Maybe tomorrow.
How many days does it take? I’m sure I’m doing it right yet I only got one pink tulip. I water them everyday also

Pansies, Tulips, Lilies, Cosmos and Windflowers. I never gave a shit about gardening, only in AC somehow.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
How many days does it take? I’m sure I’m doing it right yet I only got one pink tulip. I water them everyday also

Pansies, Tulips, Lilies, Cosmos and Windflowers. I never gave a shit about gardening, only in AC somehow.

Lol same. In the 2 days I've done the flowers, I've only gotten 1 pink mum. I realized my windflowers were wrong, so I redid them. Since the orchid mantis spawns on white mums, I moved all of them down to the main hub area of the island.

Mista

Banned
Lol same. In the 2 days I've done the flowers, I've only gotten 1 pink mum. I realized my windflowers were wrong, so I redid them. Since the orchid mantis spawns on white mums, I moved all of them down to the main hub area of the island.
I still don't have a single damn orchard :(

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
My wife just made it to the exotic flower island. There are emperor butterflies everywhere.

I told her she needs to bring as many flowers back as she can.

Mista

Banned
anyone experiencing loop creep, might be early yet to ask this?
Yeah its early I believe since we’re still unlocking new things every day

The thing is I’m enjoying doing everything from gardening to redesigning. What makes it even worth is moments like the one I had a bit ago when Kacho Kacho visited me. The first thing he said “cool island” and I don’t even have that creative aspect in those games. I’m mostly a mess ;p

Last edited:
Top Bottom