• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons |OT| Self-isolating on a deserted island

VGEsoterica

The most exciting thing to happen in the last ten days was Island Services moving into its own building and new options opening up...and I mean last ten days in my REAL life. Looks like we might be under stay at home orders in chicago till end of April

Mista

Banned
EUJGSJlWsAE7xv-

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Enjoying the game but having terrible luck with the RNG in terms of island getaways. Trying to get Peaches and Pears if anyone can help. I have Bamboo though...

Mista

Banned
I have a stalker, Daisy has a total crush but my heart belongs to Judy if I can get her to move into my town someday

EUJS6WPU4AAgRao

leaves me one space to get out of my house

EUJS6WFUwAAcXjj

gives me nicknames

an hour later after an Island run fishing
EUJS6WWUMAEU3Z7
Bro, what do you have in your shop today? Anything interesting?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I started redoing the layout of my primary land. Making an orchard in front of the museum. It should be pretty good looking once I have enough fruit trees. Only missing peaches for now.

Laid out the camping plot and a second bridge. I am probably going to hold off on the expansion on my house in favor of replanting the trees, getting the second bridge complete, building a third, and moving one of my resident's homes.

-Arcadia-

Banned
It seems like for a long time, Nintendo couldn’t crack how to make an Animal Crossing sequel. Wild World was basically an expansion + portability, and City Folk had less new content (at least up front) than a weekly Fortnite update.

(I apologize if you loved that game, I really enjoyed it too, but...)

New Leaf and New Horizons really have changed that. I adored New Leaf, and as I settle in, I’m beginning to develop similar feelings for New Horizons

I don’t know what was paralyzing them with earlier installments, a fear of changing something so beloved? They figured it out though, and Animal Crossing is the best it’s ever been, imo.

Thurible

Just got another room expansion so I should have four by tommorrow. There was an option to customize my house instead and I am curious to what that means and what would happen if I chose that. Nook says that since there are five neighbors he is going to change up resident services and shut it down tommorrow. Does that mean I won't have access to the ATM to pay off my debt tommorrow? Also does anyone have any tips for catching Tuna and Stringfish, I can't seem to get them?

Kacho

It seems like for a long time, Nintendo couldn’t crack how to make an Animal Crossing sequel. Wild World was basically an expansion + portability, and City Folk had less new content (at least up front) than a weekly Fortnite update.

(I apologize if you loved that game, I really enjoyed it too, but...)

New Leaf and New Horizons really have changed that. I adored New Leaf, and as I settle in, I’m beginning to develop similar feelings for New Horizons

I don’t know what was paralyzing them with earlier installments, a fear of changing something so beloved? They figured it out though, and Animal Crossing is the best it’s ever been, imo.
Agreed. Between New Leaf and New Horizons this series has really evolved into something special.

I enjoyed Wild World and City Folk but they felt sooooo lacking. Just a barren wasteland when it came to content iirc. Especially City Folk. Also didn’t City Folk have that mechanic where grass would turn into dirt after a while? I remember players being sooo mad about their desert towns. 😂

I fully expect New Horizons to eclipse New Leaf after a few content updates and DLC. This game will be supported for a long time.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Agreed. Between New Leaf and New Horizons this series has really evolved into something special.

I enjoyed Wild World and City Folk but they felt sooooo lacking. Just a barren wasteland when it came to content iirc. Especially City Folk. Also didn’t City Folk have that mechanic where grass would turn into dirt after a while? I remember players being sooo mad about their desert towns. 😂

I fully expect New Horizons to eclipse New Leaf after a few content updates and DLC. This game will be supported for a long time.

Well. At least new content. They were pretty packed games, if I recall right.

Lmao on the desert. I’ve been thinking about that recently. I recall players having to draw up their own textures in the clothing designer, then pattern the entire ground of their town to get rid of the endless desert. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Didn’t some dataminer move a decimal point in the in-game values, and basically fix the problem? Probably one of the biggest pre-patch era (for Nintendo) goofs ever.

Mista

Banned
Just got another room expansion so I should have four by tommorrow. There was an option to customize my house instead and I am curious to what that means and what would happen if I chose that. Nook says that since there are five neighbors he is going to change up resident services and shut it down tommorrow. Does that mean I won't have access to the ATM to pay off my debt tommorrow? Also does anyone have any tips for catching Tuna and Stringfish, I can't seem to get them?
You can customise your roof colour and change the main door style and colour

Yup, tomorrow you won't have access to the ABD.

As for Tuna they're only found at piers and Stringfish is at the very top of your island

Keep in mind that its different if your island is northern or southern

Onikaan

Someone please end my misery and tell me what's making that long chirping noise you can hear? I think it's coming from trees? I can see anything. I tried shaking trees, digging holes. Swinging my net randomly. Nothing.

WHAT IS. IT!

drganon

I gave up on city folk within a week, but I do remember enjoying wild world alot. At the time I was in high school, so having a portable version of animal crossing I could play at school with my friends made up for the rest of the games shortcomings.

I did this search on google "s rank in animal crossing new horizon"

got an ad for eBay sellers selling Bells for real money lol

no one writes guides anymore? I clicked on the ebay ad and it is real they are selling sacks of bells for $3 USD. smh

anyone has a guide how to get S rank with HHA?

Top Bottom