• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

StayDead

Man that net/shovel combo I get everyday is really annoying me. I wanna go fish and I really need a watering can. Some flowers already died -_-...

Btw, fortune ticket #10 gives you
Samus' barrier suit helmet

Edit: Haha, I just went to Shizue and asked for advice. Suddenly the fishing talk popped up and she eventually sold me the fishing rod for 500. Yay! Now all I need is a watering can...

Just so people know what you're talking about, in the spoiler her
barrier helmet, is varia helmet in English

StayDead

Um what? Everyone who's anybody knows they wait till the flea market and sell the best fish they get for double the price Nook gives you.

I think he means for errands. Sometimes villagers come up and want the stuff you're holding and they give you a stupid price, but to get closer to the villagers it's wellworth it.

Tenck

I think he means for errands. Sometimes villagers come up and want the stuff you're holding and they give you a stupid price, but to get closer to the villagers it's wellworth it.

Screw the villagers, I'm in it for the profits on Flea Market day ;P

hni_0018_jpgcnkc8.jpg

I am one cool dude now.

StayDead

Does anyone have the first spotpass gift and they don't want to keep it? I can't find mine anymore so I think I may have accidentally sold it. If I could get another one I'd be most greatful.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Screw the villagers, I'm in it for the profits on Flea Market day ;P

You cant put things like fish up for sale in the flea market. Taking it to the museum along with anything else alive thats worth $$$ is damned painful. Esp if you have not caught another in a long while. Today most expensive thing given up was the 7k bell Maguro.

Man, that took me like six times until I caught them... but now I'm a winner!

hni_0094_jpg8gqp2.jpg

I guess I will watch the full Animal Crossing Direct tonight to see what else is possible in this game. I kinda didn't pay that much attention back then, when it aired.

Mik2121

Alright... I think I'll spent tonight catching some bugs and whatnot and sending them over to the museum.... It's not like I'll be able to pay the 198k bells for a few days so whatever...

Parakeetman

Seeing how I managed to make about 98k in one day it might be possible if you just go full on sea fishing while the shops are open to sell your catches to.

Im prepping for the next day now, by filling the lockers with fish to sell lol
Far more fish that are worth $$$ from the ocean vs the river thats for sure.

Am pretty proud of my collection of ocean fish at the museum :D Finally caught my second fugu so can see how much it sells for. Im still trying to catch another ei (stingray). Currently the highest selling fish would be Maguro going at 7k bells.

Mik2121

Seeing how I managed to make about 98k in one day it might be possible if you just go full on sea fishing while the shops are open to sell your catches to.

Im prepping for the next day now, by filling the lockers with fish to sell lol
Far more fish that are worth $$$ from the ocean vs the river thats for sure.

Am pretty proud of my collection of ocean fish at the museum :D Finally caught my second fugu so can see how much it sells for. Im still trying to catch another ei (stingray). Currently the highest selling fish would be Maguro going at 7k bells.

Well yeah, I also managed the 98k in one day (today), but 198k is over twice that, so I'm not sure I'll be able to do it lol... and yeah, yesterday I also filled like 4 pages of lockers with fishes :p

Edit; And yeah, the ocean has more expensive fishes. I think I'll use the train station locker to put all my stuff. I hope stuff stays there for a while?

Parakeetman

Seems like it, since it says that the train station locker is the same as a locker if you have one in your home. Which is pretty cool.

I got 2 different types of storage units in my place, thanks to that Fullmetal - Frog villager. Ones a normal steel locker, the other some robot shaped drawers. Doesnt add any extra space, but its just cool having 2 different ones in the home. Id rather get another normal steel locker though. Like 2 more just for looks lol.

Need to up the space of my home hopefully that will finish tomorrow.

Parakeetman

The ocean also has lots of sea "troll" bass.

You mean suzuki right? At least those are pretty recognizable in the water by usually being the huge shadows. So almost always expect one to fly out when I go after those larger shadows lol

I need to catch a kingyo (goldfish) again in the river since forgot to take a price check on that.

Mik2121

Hey Parakeet, I will link to your post with the prices and put it on the OP, oks? Hopefully you can keep updating it!

Parakeetman

Sounds like a plan! I was considering figuring out a way to make some sort of editable spreadsheet, but for now lets go with that post. Ill keep working on it as I collect more data. Tomorrow hopefully will be able to fill in more of the bug data too.

You mean suzuki right? At least those are pretty recognizable in the water by usually being the huge shadows. So almost always expect one to fly out when I go after those larger shadows lol

I need to catch a kingyo (goldfish) again in the river since forgot to take a price check on that.
Yeah, but if you avoid big shadows you will have a hard time finding some of the rare species. The earlier you donate a
Coelacanth
the better!

And goldfish are so kawaii. *-* Use them to decorate your room!

StayDead

Yeah, but if you avoid big shadows you will have a hard time finding some of the rare species. The earlier you donate a
Coelacanth
the better!

And goldfish are so kawaii. *-* Use them to decorate your room!

The thing with that rare fish is it needs to be the evening and raining :p

Mik2121

Sounds like a plan! I was considering figuring out a way to make some sort of editable spreadsheet, but for now lets go with that post. Ill keep working on it as I collect more data. Tomorrow hopefully will be able to fill in more of the bug data too.

Maybe we could set up some sort of wiki page or something? We can even take pictures in-game now, which would help us add some extra information.. What do you think?

Either that, or a very simple wordpress page or something. It would be great if it were easy to navigate on an iPhone or iPad, to check it while playing the game :p

StayDead

This is SO awesome! It's 15:36 here in the UK and I'm
watching a football (soccer) match on my TV
!

Have you got your friend code? Mines in the OP, but it'd be really useful to have someone elses town to to go to so I can offload all this fruit.

If you need a fishing rod I can get you one too.

BriBri

Have you got your friend code? Mines in the OP, but it'd be really useful to have someone elses town to to go to so I can offload all this fruit.

If you need a fishing rod I can get you one too.
My friend code is 0688-6502-1585 but I have no idea where to input somebody's code (I've never done it for any other game!) although I did open the gates once talking to the monkey (I forgot his name since the DS game!). I do have a fishing rod though thanks. Although I have a shovel and net spare (accidentally bought both twice!)

StayDead

My friend code is 0688-6502-1585 but I have no idea where to input somebody's code (I've never done it for any other game!) although I did open the gates once talking to the monkey (I forgot his name since the DS game!). I do have a fishing rod though thanks. Although I have a shovel and net spare (accidentally bought both twice!)

Go to your home menu - friends - + - インタネットで - insert my code. ^^

Fren

Neo Member
Here are some pictures for you guys.

Got island access!

MrZLK.jpg

UkYpn.jpg

KkxZ2.jpg

Hakkemi came by and I got my fortune told. It was just some "something may happen, something may not happen" bull tho. :/

DLVPA.jpg

Also got my first hybrids

PNper.jpg

Got my bridge paid off. It'll be completed tomorrow.

3zUgM.jpg

Parakeetman

Maybe we could set up some sort of wiki page or something? We can even take pictures in-game now, which would help us add some extra information.. What do you think?

Either that, or a very simple wordpress page or something. It would be great if it were easy to navigate on an iPhone or iPad, to check it while playing the game :p

Yeah that indeed sounds like a good idea. Visual refs will help those who cant read most def. I need to go back and read up on how to post pics from the 3DS.

Mik2121

Alright... almost 2am, got about 120 items (mostly fish, with quite a few Fugu and other expensive ones) to sell tomorrow morning. Going to sleep now!

Kuntz

This thread makes me sad, I want do buy a 3ds but i can't decide if i'll buy a japanese (earlier access, games that will never be released...) or a PAL (bad translations but more understandable, no complicated import...).

How do you people cope with having a japanese system ?
I assume you have both versions and are fluent.

I spent so much time on my gamecube with this game I want to start again fresh (didn't play ds/wii) and seeing you having so much fun just pulled the trigger.

Be careful I might be getting a japanese xl if you tell me it's okay !

Bonus question : please tell me Totakeke is in there ... oh the wait for saturday evening to see the credits

Parakeetman

Alright... almost 2am, got about 120 items (mostly fish, with quite a few Fugu and other expensive ones) to sell tomorrow morning. Going to sleep now!

Im currently releasing all of the suzuki and aji back when I catch them and am only going after the high value fish. Currently got about 80k worth in stock and am going for more lol.
Still am crossing my fingers to pull another Maguro and Ei to sell. Esp the Ei since I have no idea how much its worth. :D
Its great how you can fish all night long if you want.

I might start dumping shells back onto the beach now too for the moment. Well the lower priced ones anyways.

Man Id so kill to have some sort of 24h store where I could constantly sell back things...

Tenck

You cant put things like fish up for sale in the flea market. Taking it to the museum along with anything else alive thats worth $$$ is damned painful. Esp if you have not caught another in a long while. Today most expensive thing given up was the 7k bell Maguro.

Wait wtf, why would they remove the option to sell fish during flea market................

Sounds so dumb :/

Parakeetman

Wait wtf, why would they remove the option to sell fish during flea market................

Sounds so dumb :/

Oh wait if the flea market is different from the recycle shop then maybe they still do allow you to sell it. Since the recycle shop does not let you put them on the areas set for selling items. Its greyed out when you open up the menu to select an item to sell. Only seems to allow for clothing / furniture / accessories I think. Strange considering that you can display fish as furniture.

Animal tracks?

Yeah, the deterioration of grass from walking on it that was introduced in City Folk. It made towns look really ugly after a while since grass wherever you walked started to turn to dirt. Hopefully it's gone in New Leaf or at least toned down a lot.

Best Friend Chat: http://youtu.be/HgC0lZDK4Ao

Awesome. *-*

Yeah, the deterioration of grass from walking on it that was introduced in City Folk. It made towns look really ugly after a while since grass wherever you walked started to turn to dirt. Hopefully it's gone in New Leaf or at least toned down a lot.
Josh: "Animal tracks are gone. :)"

A bit of translated Animal Crossing interview from Famitsu, care of Kev Giff @ Poygon.
http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/7/36...r-dared-to-know-about-the-3ds-animal-crossing
"Also, once you satisfy the conditions needed to make your village 'rich', you'll get more money for everything you sell. Unfortunately, prices in general will go up for everything, so you might want to go do your shopping at other people's villages."

:eek:

Tenck

Oh wait if the flea market is different from the recycle shop then maybe they still do allow you to sell it. Since the recycle shop does not let you put them on the areas set for selling items. Its greyed out when you open up the menu to select an item to sell. Only seems to allow for clothing / furniture / accessories I think. Strange considering that you can display fish as furniture.

Well if you ever find good fish again, just hold onto them. Clear out your room on the 4th sunday of every month, and lay out your good fish. Then just wait inside for the animals to come, and they'll look at fish and you can sell them for double the price. Sometimes you'll have to lower it a bit, but the absolute best way to make money is trying to double prices during flea market.

That way you're not feeling bad for selling a 7k fish for 14k :p

Artemisia

Banned
How is this game compared to the other Animal Crossing games in the series? Is it better than WW? I really didn't like that game much.

Parakeetman

I googled fugu's price, the damn thing is worthless!

I know right? Am damned surprised about that considering that its a uncommon fish. (not super rare but uncommon enough to be worth more) I wonder if its a mistake? Same with the Ei (stingray) the price for that isnt all that high considering how rare that one is. Ive only caught 2 so far and a price tag of 3000 is just a bit low. Considering Im pulling tai out all over the place which ranks in at 3,000b

---

Updated the price list. Also word of advice dont sell stuff to the raccoon shop, wait the extra hour for the recycle shop to open. They give buy your stuff at a lower price than the recycle shop. Cheeky bastards!

damn. now im not sure if i should get FE awakening or this.

and no, i cant get both.

Two totally different games. One you can enjoy playing by yourself with a specific goal / story and the other to just well kill time with and would require contact with others to make the experience more enjoyable / complete. Its really up to you and what type of game do you want to play.

Well if you ever find good fish again, just hold onto them. Clear out your room on the 4th sunday of every month, and lay out your good fish. Then just wait inside for the animals to come, and they'll look at fish and you can sell them for double the price. Sometimes you'll have to lower it a bit, but the absolute best way to make money is trying to double prices during flea market.

That way you're not feeling bad for selling a 7k fish for 14k :p

For now seeing as the 4th sunday of every month is way long away, Ill just continue selling things as usual. I dont have a problem with the current price Im selling them at. Much faster for me to just keep catching and selling, rather than taking up locker room space lol. When it gets closer to the 4th of every month if it is the same, will save some choice catches if I remember.

You had originally misunderstood the quote I said, since it was a reference to giving up the fish for free to the museum.

I know right? Am damned surprised about that considering that its a uncommon fish. (not super rare but uncommon enough to be worth more) I wonder if its a mistake? Same with the Ei (stingray) the price for that isnt all that high considering how rare that one is. Ive only caught 2 so far and a price tag of 3000 is just a bit low. Considering Im pulling tai out all over the place which ranks in at 3,000b

---

Updated the price list. Also word of advice dont sell stuff to the raccoon shop, wait the extra hour for the recycle shop to open. They give buy your stuff at a lower price than the recycle shop. Cheeky bastards!

Two totally different games. One you can enjoy playing by yourself with a specific goal / story and the other to just well kill time with and would require contact with others to make the experience more enjoyable / complete. Its really up to you and what type of game do you want to play.

For now seeing as the 4th sunday of every month is way long away, Ill just continue selling things as usual. I dont have a problem with the current price Im selling them at. Much faster for me to just keep catching and selling, rather than taking up locker room space lol. When it gets closer to the 4th of every month if it is the same, will save some choice catches if I remember.

You had originally misunderstood the quote I said, since it was a reference to giving up the fish for free to the museum.
hmmm
for AC: NL, how many people can you connect with at once? In other words, how many people can visit your town?

Also, can someone post all of the haircuts/face/eye/mouth types available?
Thanks

Top Bottom