• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing New Leaf | JP Version OT |

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Uhm, not 100% sure but I believe I read in the game that the buying prices in the recycling shop would change everyday?

All Ive seen was that there is an item that is bought for a higher price. For example yesterday it was こうせき for me. Id have to look at the sign again to see if they do state that. So far seems to not have changed.

Man... three days in a row, the stupid fishing rod and the shovel. I still don't have the net nor the axe, assuming it's still in the game. i don't have the water thing (sorry, dunno the name in English) so most of my plants are starting to die except for a couple that some other villager is giving water to...

I got a net if you have anything to trade for it

Though I already have a shovel, net, fishing pole and watering can currently.

Mik2121

All Ive seen was that there is an item that is bought for a higher price. For example yesterday it was こうせき for me. Id have to look at the sign again to see if they do state that. So far seems to not have changed.

Yeah, I just tried to sell the bee hive and it was the same price as yours. Don't mind what I said!.

I got a net if you have anything to trade for it

All three days I got the same tools so not really. I have a few pieces of furniture I could exchange it for. And I'll be going to the island in a sec, but I don't think there's anything unique over there?

Man... three days in a row, the stupid fishing rod and the shovel. I still don't have the net nor the axe, assuming it's still in the game. i don't have the water thing (sorry, dunno the name in English) so most of my plants are starting to die except for a couple that some other villager is giving water to...

I was able to get the water pail from Shizue after repeatedly ask her for advice, and by doing all her tasks (give her a seashell, catch 3 kinds of fish, etc).

The plants sparkle when you finish watering them.

Was able to buy a painting today, but I had too many things on me at the time so I have to wait for it to come in the mail.

Here's some fish prices in my town:

Suzuki - 200
Karei - 300

My mayor points are also up to 96!

Parakeetman

Yeah, I just tried to sell the bee hive and it was the same price as yours. Don't mind what I said!.

All three days I got the same tools so not really. I have a few pieces of furniture I could exchange it for. And I'll be going to the island in a sec, but I don't think there's anything unique over there?

What kind of fruits do you have? Ill pass you off the net for something other than cherry or peach?

The plants sparkle when you finish watering them.

Here's some fish prices in my town:

Suzuki - 200
Karei - 300

Not sure if its an effect of the plant sparkling but I noticed that now Praying Mantis are sitting on them on occasion. Need to sneak up to em or they fly off and vanish if you get too close by normally walking.

Ok yeah looks like you have similar prices also.

Mik2121

What kind of fruits do you have? Ill pass you off the net for something other than cherry or peach?
I have apples, but I took all on my first day and they're still not there yet. As soon as I get them to grow again I'll let you know!. I also planted a dorian tree that should become fully grown in a couple days tops.

Parakeetman

I have apples, but I took all on my first day and they're still not there yet. As soon as I get them to grow again I'll let you know!. I also planted a dorian tree that should become fully grown in a couple days tops.

Sounds good. If you dont have a net by then Ill trade you this one for a few apples. 2-3 will be fine. Just so I can have my own tree around.

If you want I can give you the net today. Just get me some apples later lol

Currently finishing lunch, g2g within 5m.

Mik2121

If you give me the net today, I'll give you an orange (I just got 3! but already planted 2 out of excitement and then remembered our deal!) and tomorrow (or as soon as they grow), an apple as well!. Whenever you get done with lunch, lemme know!

Mik2121

you sir have yourself a deal. hang on washing up. and will add you to the friend list.

Gotcha. However... after talking with Shizue, I just got myself a net! LOL! But I will still give you the fruits. Do you happen to have some of your fruits around for exchange? If not, I can give you mine (as a thank you for offering the deal earlier) and that's it.

Aaaaand... also got the watering can!

Parakeetman

oh lol nice. Must have been similar to the way I got my fishing pole then. Since had the choice between answering fishing or bug hunting for the hobby. I think as the final item she should? give you the watering can also? Its what I got from her as my last item with the whole new to the town introduction text.

No fruits currently but will save you 3 peaches as soon as the new ones come in. How long does it usually take anyways?

Also will be able to join after 1400 forgot that I have to visit one of the towns peoples homes at 1400! Which is about 4 minutes away. Then Im guessing have to spend a minute or two of just spamming the talk button then can leave

Some photos:

www.dotup.org3604355.jpg

My House yesterday

www.dotup.org3604361.jpg

Trying on a turban (naturally I bought it)

www.dotup.org3604368.jpg

This just looked pretty to me

www.dotup.org3604373.jpg

The house in front of mine and next door are too close!

www.dotup.org3604376.jpg

After the rain

www.dotup.org3604380.jpg

After tidying up a bit (note the new hat!)

www.dotup.org3604382.jpg

She came to watch me fish, and clapped when I landed it!

www.dotup.org3604383.jpg

Fishing barefoot at the beach

www.dotup.org3604386.jpg

Caught this last night!

Parakeetman

I gotta try that pic upload stuff.

Also all done and ready to figure out this whole visiting others world thing.

trinest

how does the animals moving in and the allocated areas for them work in this game. I see that some have the frames around them like in the pictures above. Is this for all possible areas or only when the animal moves in?

Also can you cross dress your male character in skirts? Wasn't that going to be a feature?

Mik2121

I gotta try that pic upload stuff.

Also all done and ready to figure out this whole visiting others world thing.

Alright, added you. I'm going right now to the train station to open the gates (that's where you do it right?). Then it should let you join me.

Parakeetman

Ok going to the train station now!

Ok found your village, heading there now. Crossing fingers this works lol

Mik2121

Ok going to the train station now!

Gotcha! I already opened the gate, so I'm waiting for you :)

If you wanna check out my town feel free, also I did all the shoppings I wanted today so you can buy everything else available if you feel like doing so (not much available though, bought a lot hahah).

I really got bored with the DS & Wii games, hopefully this will change things since there is a lot more to do. Looking forward to giving it a go next year :)

I think I would feel like chronicling my adventures or something. :3

Parakeetman

Thanks for the fun! Also letting me pick up some items in your town.

Im all fancy now and its awesome lol

Mik2121

Thanks mate, i assume you do that from the mayors office ? :)

You need 100 points (I just got them today!) as a mayor, that you get by doing errands, planting trees, etc.. You can check your score when sitting on your chair. After that, Shizue will make the application form and after a couple days you'll be able to start building stuff.

I feel like everything is paced nicely. On my first day I got a ton of stuff, on my second day I got some new fruit and a guy moved in. On my third day (today) my house became bigger and got some extra stuff as well. Tomorrow I'll be able to go to the caribbean island (I thought I'd be able to go today). In two days I'll be able to start making things for the town!. Yay!! :D

Thanks for the fun! Also letting me pick up some items in your town.

Im all fancy now and its awesome lol
Yeah, it was fun! :D I believe we can send each other letters as well? If so, we can send our fruit maybe, so we don't have to decide on the timing for visiting each other :p

Choc

Banned
You need 100 points (I just got them today!) as a mayor, that you get by doing errands, planting trees, etc.. You can check your score when sitting on your chair. After that, Shizue will make the application form and after a couple days you'll be able to start building stuff.

I feel like everything is paced nicely. On my first day I got a ton of stuff, on my second day I got some new fruit and a guy moved in. On my third day (today) my house became bigger and got some extra stuff as well. Tomorrow I'll be able to go to the caribbean island (I thought I'd be able to go today). In two days I'll be able to start making things for the town!. Yay!! :D

Yeah, it was fun! :D I believe we can send each other letters as well? If so, we can send our fruit maybe, so we don't have to decide on the timing for visiting each other :p

is the island multiplayer only?

Parakeetman

good point! Ill do a test run with a letter then and stick in a shell or bug if I can lol

Updated the price list on the previous page.

Man that net/shovel combo I get everyday is really annoying me. I wanna go fish and I really need a watering can. Some flowers already died -_-...

Btw, fortune ticket #10 gives you
Samus' barrier suit helmet

Edit: Haha, I just went to Shizue and asked for advice. Suddenly the fishing talk popped up and she eventually sold me the fishing rod for 500. Yay! Now all I need is a watering can...

Mik2121

Man that net/shovel combo I get everyday is really annoying me. I wanna go fish and I really need a watering can. Some flowers already died -_-...

Btw, fortune ticket #10 gives you
Samus' barrier suit helmet

Edit: Haha, I just went to Shizue and asked for advice. Suddenly the fishing talk popped up and she eventually sold me the fishing rod for 500. Yay! Now all I need is a watering can...

Keep talking to her and she'll give you the watering can.

StayDead

Yaaay! Kotobuki was outside my house in the morning and I can now go to the island <3!

EDIT: 20&#30058;
Fire Flower! :D

StayDead

Someone named Fois Gras (Drake in the English version) is moving in directly behind my house. To add insult to injury he's a lazy duck and my favourite villager is a lazy cat. Damnit game!

Ah well, having him so close will be useful <3

Mik2121

Sooo... yeah! I just paid off my house reform (big room) loan! Now for the next one...

Edit: Damn, my new loan is 198,000 bells...

Parakeetman

Just about have the cash for the 2nd home debt saved up. Too bad I cant pay it already. Guess they allow that once the work is done. Or is it the 3rd debt? The payment of 98,000 or something

Thank god for the fishing pole. Makes gaining cash so much easier.

BriBri

Someone named Fois Gras (Drake in the English version) is moving in directly behind my house. To add insult to injury he's a lazy duck and my favourite villager is a lazy cat. Damnit game!

Ah well, having him so close will be useful <3
I have a new next door neighbour moving in as well:( I'll know for the English version to plant trees 100 yards either side of my tent/house!

And I keep humming the town theme this morning!

Top Bottom