• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forkball

Someone gave me a red ogre mask that is apparently exclusive to Japan. NOW IT IS MINE.

Seriously, once you get the Club Tortimer pass, try to go to the international islands. If you can speak some Japanese you can communicate with them, and I have met a couple of insanely nice and generous people on the island.

Also I searched for like 20 minutes for a coelacanth to no avail. Yes, it was raining.

Koomaster

I think I see about using my Wii U mii's face but hands and feet will still be white, Nintendo am a brown dude let me role play too dammit lol
It will probably work like City Folk, your hands and feet will match the skin tone of your Mii face once you get it.

I do wish you could start the game as a darker skin tone though without having to wear a Mii face.

Also for tree stumps, pretty sure there is at least 1 beetle which needs a stump to spawn on. I forget which, longhorn maybe? There might be another one too but it's been a while so I forget.

Pau

Every morning I wake up and go to Able Sisters in the hopes of finding a cute dress, but so far nothing. :( Is anyone's shop selling dresses?

I sold my starting trousers (pants are underwear guys) and now I'm stuck with hideous yellow jogging bottoms. Ew. Such a bummer you can't design trousers. Wii U feature I guess...

Does anyone have Thick Glasses? :( I need them.

Also it seems that Vladimir is moving into my town! So that makes Olivia and Vladimir who were residents of my City Folk town who made it over to my New Leaf one.

Clay is moving in so naturally we had to throw a party outside of the tent and make as much noise as possible.

tumblr_mohppeqrd31sukkejo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mohpqgyFmH1sukkejo1_400.jpg

zroid

Banned
Awesome, going to one of Nintendo's Animal Crossing meet-ups today, and conveniently there's a Best Buy in the same mall. I really need a wall clock, heh.

Nemesis_

Is there absolutely no way to change faces once you've been playing? I HATE MY FACE and want a new one but I don't know if it's worth wasting 10 more hours getting back to where I was.

Anyone still have the turnip women selling turnips cheap? I've got 50,000 bells I want to invest.

My friend code is
0516-7743-5681

Every morning I wake up and go to Able Sisters in the hopes of finding a cute dress, but so far nothing. :( Is anyone's shop selling dresses?

I've got this kawaii kimono, if you want it.
Screenshots takes too long...

Diablos54

So I wake up this morning, and my tent is now a house! Thanks Nook. So I go see him, see how much the loan is (39,800 bells? Not bad.), and buy a fence for my new house! Next is the post office, and get a free rainbow screen, but there's not enough room for it yet. Now to go fishing/catching/digging and selling for a while and go chat.

Why is this so much fun!?

Pachimari

It's gonna be a very dangerous combo if I buy this and play it in my week days and then have FF XIV in the weekends WHILE still having Persona 4: Golden. Bye bye social life haha. But it's a wonderful time to love games. :)

kubus

Finally caught one of these little fuckers:

BM4wEQOCYAIAzsw.jpg

After that shook some more trees and caught two extra Bees. First time in my life I've managed to catch a Bee (played all the other AC games too).

I also found out that they're not bees, it's a mistranslation, and they're actually called the Giant Japanese Hornet. Don't click that link if you hate insects. Seriously. These guys kill 40 people per year in Japan? I'm not sure if I still want to go there... lol

I also found out that they're not bees, it's a mistranslation, and they're actually called the Giant Japanese Hornet. Don't click that link if you hate insects. Seriously. These guys kill 40 people per year in Japan? I'm not sure if I still want to go there... lol

To get rid of those bugs, you'll have to Save & Quit... life

But seriously, I can't catch them like I did in the other ACs. I also expected to see some snails since it's been raining all day.

katkombat

Banned
I FOUND A RUBY!!!

Who needs a net and/or shovel? My nephew bought extra...PM me your friend code, don't have much time to spare. I have to leave soon.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
The puns in this game are killing me. So good! Did all the animal crossing games have puns like this?

zroid

Banned
Finally caught one of these little fuckers:

BM4wEQOCYAIAzsw.jpg

After that shook some more trees and caught two extra Bees. First time in my life I've managed to catch a Bee (played all the other AC games too).

Suddenly, shaking trees just got way more scary for me

Dragoshi1

Got Cyrus, woohoo!

But dammit, KICKS HURRY UP AND OPEN!

And I made 230,000+ Bells this morning farming Gold Beetles at the Island, I also had enough medals to buy my wetsuit.

kubus

To get rid of those bugs, you'll have to Save & Quit... life

But seriously, I can't catch them like I did in the other ACs. I also expected to see some snails since it's been raining all day.
Haha, yeah. I'm happy I live in the Netherlands where the only animals capable of killing humans live in Zoos :p.

I found a trick that makes it super easy to catch Bees. If a honeycomb falls out of a tree, run straight up. Run for a little bit until the bees are just out of sight. Don't turn around to face them, but equip your Net using D-Pad or the inventory screen and your character will face down automatically. Hold A and release when the bees are coming at you. Worked 3x today :D.

Only downside is that it doesn't work if you can't run up because it's blocked by something.

Haines

Banned
I was worried that I would never be able to get any of the fortune cookies because I never walk with my 3ds anywhere. Yesterday I said fuck it and kept it in my pocket while I mowed the lawn. Bam, over 2000 steps and 10 play coins.

I got the mario world 1-1 wallpaper yesterday, and the toad hat today. One day though, majora's mask will be mine. Or the varia suit, I don't know which one I like more.

I dont take mine anywhere. What do I do, just put it in sleep mode and throw it in my pocket right? Getting the Nintendo themed items is what will basically make this game for me.

I found a trick that makes it super easy to catch Bees. If a honeycomb falls out of a tree, run straight up. Run for a little bit until the bees are just out of sight. Don't turn around to face them, but equip your Net using D-Pad or the inventory screen and your character will face down automatically. Hold A and release when the bees are coming at you. Worked 3x today :D.

Just did this and it worked. Thanks!

Sanic

Something special on the island today?

I haven't really set myself up well to make money. I've planted various fruits, but they're not bringing in as much cash as I'd hoped.

Betty

Banned
How is this person I'm on the island with emoting?? I wanna be able to do that!

From the wiki:

In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you can get emotions easier than before. After getting Club 101 in your town, visit Dr. Shrunk. Have some Fruit with you for this is what he needs to perform. Once you give him fruit, he will appear on the stage of Club 101 and perform a random emotion. You can have 2 pages of emotions, each page holding 20 emotions, which totals to 40 emotions in all. This is more emotions than in any of the previous games in the series, and to make it even better, you don't have to throw out any of your old emotions because you can keep them all. You can re-order them so you can catagorize them.

Coquette

From the wiki:

In Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you can get emotions easier than before. After getting Club 101 in your town, visit Dr. Shrunk. Have some Fruit with you for this is what he needs to perform. Once you give him fruit, he will appear on the stage of Club 101 and perform a random emotion. You can have 2 pages of emotions, each page holding 20 emotions, which totals to 40 emotions in all. This is more emotions than in any of the previous games in the series, and to make it even better, you don't have to throw out any of your old emotions because you can keep them all. You can re-order them so you can catagorize them.

OMG want. Hurry up Club 101!!!!

How do I access/unlock the Best Friends feature?

When someone visits your town touch the button in the bottom left of the touch screen to see who's in. When you both press the heart button you are registered as best friends. This opens a new tab which allows you to communicate without being in eachother's towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom