• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT| Adorable Debt Simulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've enjoyed what I've played so far ( including going to a few of you guys' towns) but at the early stages of the game, without a fishing rod and the other items I feel like I'm not getting the most out of the game yet.

Which is a shame because I want to play it a lot more than I am at the moment.

Is 99 a good price? That's what she has in my town atm, but finding it hard to justify doing it since this is only my third day in the game. Then again, the island does open up tomorrow...

She sells turnips from 90-110 bells apiece so your price is middle ground

What is there to do at night after everything is closed? I wanna relax in my town but be productive as well. I wish there was a way to keep making money so I could fund my public works project.

You have access to the island yet? If so, just go there during the night for beetle hunting. They're worth a lot

Meia

She sells turnips from 90-110 bells apiece so your price is middle ground

You have access to the island yet? If so, just go there during the night for beetle hunting. They're worth a lot

Works for me, can only afford 30 turnips at that price anyway.

And nah, just had Tortimer visit my town for the first time today, so I'm on my pace supposedly to go to the island for the first time tomorrow, 4th day after getting the game. Hopefully the island makes as big bucks as everyone says, cause I'm broke til the money rock tomorrow. :p

Kokonoe

Banned
Wow, this thread is already past full in such a short amount of time...

Pokemon threads don't even move this quickly, way to go.

Velcro Fly

Got really unlucky today. My first fortune cookie got me nothing. Turnip prices are at 109 bells per. A villager is moving in almost on top of where I am building my house.

Biskit better be fun or else we're going to have problems!

zroid

Banned
I just noticed that the different lamps and the light switch can actually have differently toned lighting. That's a pretty fantastic detail.

Kenai

Hmm...I don't think I have enough people on my friend's list yet.

Anyone want to exchange FC so I can drop Katie off? I have fruit baskets! And swag!

3523-2059-4138

Koomaster

BM5IdyYCYAAdtWo.jpg

Cyrus awoke today for me, this is my first creation using a pattern I made. I want those bed sheets in real life.
Also created a simple frog shirt once I bought the hat from Able Sister's today. :)

Meia

Wait, the fortune cookies can have nothing in them? Always have had something so far for me. Pipe, Link's Hat, and Mario's stache so far. :p

I am confused about turnips. The prices Retail buys them for changes daily yes?

The lady only sells them Sunday though, and her price is 96 bells in my town. That seems insane since I've only seen my Retail buying them for 99 bells max and that was a rare occurrence. It seems dumb if the max profit I could possibly make is 3 bells per turnip IF I'm lucky. Did I just get unlucky this week? Does she normally sell them for far cheaper?

Gryph

Wow. I've been working pretty hard to improve my house and town.

Or at least that's what I thought but reading through this thread makes me feel like a total slacker.

I'm getting serious Animal Crossing performance anxiety. Will y'all still visit if I'm not a super rich turnip tycoon?

Smilax

Anyone have some oranges and would let me come by their town? I'll bring a basket of pears and 10 turnips. :>

My Friend Code: 3523-3319-4954

Kenai

Wait, the fortune cookies can have nothing in them? Always have had something so far for me. Pipe, Link's Hat, and Mario's stache so far. :p

Out of the 50 numbers you can get, 5 of them are "duds". You still get an item, but it isn't rare or Nintendo related. Basically a free item that they'd normally sell there.

The lady only sells them Sunday though, and her price is 96 bells in my town. That seems insane since I've only seen my Retail buying them for 99 bells max and that was a rare occurrence. It seems dumb if the max profit I could possibly make is 3 bells per turnip IF I'm lucky. Did I just get unlucky this week? Does she normally sell them for far cheaper?

Joan sells for 90-110 and I've heard prices can go over 900.

Joan was selling turnips in my town for 92 bells a turnip. I bought 1280 turnips totaling 117,760 bells. Hopefully I can turn a good profit on these.

BTW here's my friend code: 4038-6003-1601. Feel free to add me if you want.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Retail can pay upto 500 bells for each I think (Highest I have seen quoted this week is 460 on reddit). The best thing to do is go to someone else town to sell them if they have a really high price. They tend to have higher prices in the middle of the week.

SmithnCo

That's why you should go to other towns to sell, when their sell price is high. Hopefully 600+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom