• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anustart

The only orderable ones I can't provide are:
vogue dress
star tank dress
silk bloom dress
pop bloom dress
plum coat
palatial tank dress
natty dress
lime dress
gumdrop dress
gaudy dress
festive dress
festivale tank dress
dapper dress
caveman tank dress

Any of the other ones that can be ordered I can help you guys out with, so just let me know what gaps I need to fill.

Turns out I only have 4 dresses total lol. But to be useful in this, If you want to let me catalog some of your dresses before hand, I can also set them up in my town so people have more than one option for visiting a town to get them.

I wouldn't need:

Fleece, overall, red and sky dresses :/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Turns out I only have 4 dresses total lol. But to be useful in this, If you want to let me catalog some of your dresses before hand, I can also set them up in my town so people have more than one option for visiting a town to get them.

I wouldn't need:

Fleece, overall, red and sky dresses :/

Well, I'd rather not host at all if it's all the same, just because I'm sure other people could use the visitors more than me (I think I have had about 550?). I guess this is dependent on who is interested in taking part. I don't mind ordering and giving you whatever, but it should at least be divided among 2-3 of you so as to make it easier to arrange everything. Just imo.

mantidor

You have to keep reloading the page till it works. Takes maybe a dozen or more tries sometimes; that site is effed up on the 3DS which is why they say that it's unavailable.

But yes it's a common problem, just keep reloading and eventually it will work.

Thanks, but it didn't work, Nintendo has a big message of "login to tumblr is not available" in the image share page, so I guess their archaic browser can't handle whatever change was made into the tumblr login :p

Anustart

Well, I'd rather not host at all if it's all the same, just because I'm sure other people could use the visitors more than me (I think I have had about 550?). I guess this is dependent on who is interested in taking part. I don't mind ordering and giving you whatever, but it should at least be divided among 2-3 of you so as to make it easier to arrange everything. Just imo.

Sure thing! I need visitors anyway! Let's see how many people I can get interested in hosting and seeing their dresses before I have you start ordering things!

Niraj

I don't know how I managed to double-post.

Anyone have the image of October things to catch?

tumblr_mtwau1cyFa1sp8elno1_500.png

Niraj

Thanks. Fish were easy to get, but I've had nothing but bees, money, and mountain-bikes out of the trees.

Seems like the bagworm is only after 5pm, for whatever reason, so that could be it. I think people were saying it's like that in October for some reason? I know I tried to get one before 5pm and had the same luck you did, but after 5 it took like 5 min.

Oxx

I should bow-out anyway before I get stung for a 5th time.

Halloween masks being 1,031 bells didn't really resonate with my European date system mind. At least it means we are getting them cheaper than if they had localised the game properly.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Jack explains the prices anywho. When he kept saying 10/31 I first thought "tsk tsk lazy UK localiser", but then when he said the price reflected the date I understood why they left the date like that.

But still, that UK localiser could have done a lot more to localise the game.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Double post, but it's been hours.

Noticed that NoA Animal Crossing page has a link for a competition where you can win a bedroom makeover based off of a winning New Leaf design (so there's two entries, competition and room design)

Good thing a devious site hasn't caught wind of this and submitted a really dodgy looking bedroom and then voted it to the top so the winner ends up with a Mad Scientist nightmare.

"CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON! Now we're going to paint your room black, stick a skeleton in the corner, a picture of on the wall Japanese man you've probably never heard of and a box of tissues in the middle of the room. Oh and the bed is made of cardboard boxes. Enjoy the bedroom."

Grym

Yay! My Emporium has opened

Holy crap. I knew Gracie stuff was expensive. But I didn't realize Gracie's store had so many items! I thought I was pretty set with bells...she is gonna drain my wallet in no time. And I guess I gotta make a permanent Alt now too in order to house all the unorderables :(

mantidor

I don't know what to do now that I have all the fossils.

That little ritual is over.

I thought the same, then I remembered you can get Cyrus to make you miniatures of the fossils, I thought "well I'll just get him to do my favorite, no way I'm doing more than one"...

I'm on my fourth miniature now, looking forward to other two -_-, it never ends.

Roto13

I thought the same, then I remembered you can get Cyrus to make you miniatures of the fossils, I thought "well I'll just get him to do my favorite, no way I'm doing more than one"...

I'm on my fourth miniature now, looking forward to other two -_-, it never ends.

I finished my miniature collection, too.

Now fossils are pretty much just my main source of income.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I've been setting aside those I find during the week in case there is anyone who still wants a fossil part and then I sell them.

They were taking up too much room in my storage.

Guys, I fucked up. :(

I tend to always leave my game on in sleep mode overnight since I'm impatient and hate sitting through a minute of startup to start playing.

Well, guess who forgot to do the new villager trick to see if anyone moved in after Hippeaux's departure.

On the bright side, it only caused minimal damage -- two rows from my cosmos breeding farm, no hybrids -- and doesn't block a planned path. But it's in a weird door (right next to the bulletin board) and I was hoping to corral new villagers next to old ones. :/

Anustart

For the badges for catching bugs/fish on thonky it says just to use your net or pole a certain amount of times. Can I just not catch stuff and use it over and over, or does it actually mean to catch that many.

Forgot to mention this last night but I have a legit scary painting if anyone needs it. And Fauna is leaving tomorrow.

Well, guess who forgot to do the new villager trick to see if anyone moved in after Hippeaux's departure.

Anyone good at least? A cool villager can soften the blow of a bad location. (Right, Lolly? Jules?)

For the badges for catching bugs/fish on thonky it says just to use your net or pole a certain amount of times. Can I just not catch stuff and use it over and over, or does it actually mean to catch that many.

No, I'm pretty sure you have to utilize them properly--not just wave them. The badges should be easy enough to get over time.

Coldsnap

Guys, I fucked up. :(

I tend to always leave my game on in sleep mode overnight since I'm impatient and hate sitting through a minute of startup to start playing.

On the bright side, it only caused minimal damage -- two rows from my cosmos breeding farm, no hybrids -- and doesn't block a planned path. But it's in a weird door (right next to the bulletin board) and I was hoping to corral new villagers next to old ones. :/

What is new villager trick?

Anustart

Forgot to mention this last night but I have a legit scary painting if anyone needs it. And Fauna is leaving tomorrow.

Anyone good at least? A cool villager can soften the blow of a bad location. (Right, Lolly? Jules?)

No, I'm pretty sure you have to utilize them properly--not just wave them. The badges should be easy enough to get over time.

Ugh, I wish that Thonky site was more indepth. As it is, a bunch of the information on there is worthless unless you go look it up somewhere else as well.

Coldsnap

Started tracking minature fossil collection in a spreadsheet, what have I become?

Iggly came over yesterday and he really couldn't get over the fact that I had furniture facing the wall. He even wrote me a letter about it..

Can someone run me through the easiest way to get your photos in AC into the internets?

Leonardo. No idea what they're like.

He's a jock tiger who's an upgrade over Hippeux at least.

Iggly came over yesterday and he really couldn't get over the fact that I had furniture facing the wall. He even wrote me a letter about it..

Can someone run me through the easiest way to get your photos in AC into the internets?

Villagers have commented on the empty walls in my house before and then sent me furniture that could be hung up. It's a nice touch.

Tumblr is probably your best bet. You can either remove the SD card from your 3DS and upload via a computer or use a 3DS-friendly email account like Gmail and mail them to Tumblr through a special address found in your account settings.

Ugh, I wish that Thonky site was more indepth. As it is, a bunch of the information on there is worthless unless you go look it up somewhere else as well.

Thonky is good for some stuff but blatantly incorrect or lacking for others. Asking here will probably yield a more accurate answer.

Niraj

Thonky is pretty solid for the cafe and villager birthday suggestions.

Also just want to publicly thank Robin64 for letting me grab his Carmen :)

Westraid

He's a jock tiger who's an upgrade over Hippeux at least.
Is there even a character worse than Hippeux?

Managed to find mine a new village yesterday.
If anyone happens to have Deli moving out, please please please let me know. I want a town full of cute villagers and he is adorable. OvO

Deli.png

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
tumblr_mu3rmuQMFZ1svkqkfo1_400.jpg
tumblr_mu3rmuQMFZ1svkqkfo2_400.jpg

tumblr_mu3rmuQMFZ1svkqkfo3_400.jpg
tumblr_mu3rmuQMFZ1svkqkfo4_400.jpg

Well this is what I've put together over the past two days for October. The colours are mainly dark blue, white with yellow accents all based around the full moon vanity.

The problem is I think I ended up making the room far too stylish to be considered spooky.

Hansel

Banned
Would anybody be willing to give me a Witch Hat?

I'll pay like 1,000,000 bells.

Or whatever DLC items I have that you may want.

Just PM me please and thank you!

Chopper

Does anyone have some fertiliser that they wouldn't mind offloading in my direction? My blue roses have been slacking lately...

Also just want to publicly thank Robin64 for letting me grab his Carmen :)

That sounds... lewd.

Would anybody be willing to give me a Witch Hat?

I'll pay like 1,000,000 bells.

Or whatever DLC items I have that you may want.

Just PM me please and thank you!

Heh. I can give ya one. No worries on all the other stuff. Just won't be able to get it to you till later tonight.

Coldsnap

Has anyone's villagers mentioned what they are scared of? Saw that you need to take notes for halloween, but no one has said anything.

Chopper

Has anyone's villagers mentioned what they are scared of? Saw that you need to take notes for halloween, but no one has said anything.
Not yet. But I've already worked out who's scared of what, assuming that Thonky guide is correct, "Big Sis" means Uchi, and Poncho is a "Teddy bear" as opposed to a "Bear".

None of my villagers are scared of the Bug Mask. Fact.

suikodan

How is the friends list working? Do both player need to register each other for one to visit the other's town?

I read that you can only register 4 at the time, where exactly would you do that?

Roto13

How is the friends list working? Do both player need to register each other for one to visit the other's town?

I read that you can only register 4 at the time, where exactly would you do that?

It uses the 3DS system's friend list. Do you know how that works?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

You can have 100 friends on the FL and you both need to add each other. Click on the little orange face on the 3DS home screen.

You can only have four people in your town at a time. You invite people or go to another town you talk to the monkey in the train station.

Grym

Oh Happy Day! A villager finally gave me a picture!

Not only that but it was for finally getting that damn cicada out of her house in exchange for a daffodil. Thanks Gloria! :-D

Seigyoku

does Jack appear every night of October or just the 1st? I didn't catch him yesterday and I'm afraid to have lost an item.

Actually going along with my lack of visitor question yesterday, I did some digging and it seems Jack can show up from Oct. 1-7. So you can catch him today.

The down side is... Jack appears to be the ONLY visitor you can get from Oct. 1-7...

Oh well, at least I got Katrina on Monday... still haven't unlocked her damn shop though...

Roto13

So I've moved all of the red flowers to the southern part of my town. Now to move the white and yellow flowers to the north and central parts of my town. That shouldn't take as long.

Then to arrange them by type. Then I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom