• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT4| Lives Can Be Cataloged But Not Reordered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mekere

I'm finally done with Annalise custom furniture. I just can't have her get rid of her rococo desk...

BVklcSdCMAEPjvv.jpg

Now, she just have to move out :p

Koomaster

I'm finally done with Annalise custom furniture. I just can't have her get rid of her rococo desk...

BVklcSdCMAEPjvv.jpg

Now, she just have to move out :p
If you can get her to invite you to her house, you can just buy the rococo desk from her.

Also paths are fine <___<;;;
Dirt is also fine. We can live in this world together in harmony no matter your choice.

Mekere

If you can get her to invite you to her house, you can just buy the rococo desk from her.

Also paths are fine <___<;;;
Dirt is also fine. We can live in this world together in harmony no matter your choice.

Already tried, she won't sell it. And if I send her some 1 square furniture, it's either the chair, the lamp or the green desk that are changed. This stupid rococo desk don't move at all :/

Mekere

Yeah, now that I know that you can't change the wallpaper and flooring, I'm using them as a base. Still, it's sometimes not easy to pick a nice furniture that goes along with the villager taste.

I have no idea what to do for Graham for example on the opposite, gayle was really easy to satisfy and has the cutest house now.

FrankCaron

Hey guys,

So I wasn't sure where else to ask this. I know you guys are likely biased, given that this is the community OT, but I'll ask anyway.

I recently picked up a 3DS, and after flirting with Fire Emblem and Tales of the Abyss, I've found myself gravitating back to Nintendo games. I preordered Pokemon and I have Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I'm enjoying both.

However, I'm looking for something a little more open-ended, and I've come to consider New Leaf. I've only played a previous Animal Crossing on Wii for a short while, and I can't remember why I stopped playing; I probably felt like I wasn't making progress.

Either way, I'm considering New Leaf, but I'm curious: do you think a gamer who hasn't really played much of the game and who generally plays RPGs, racing, and action games could get into this as a first experience with the series?

Either way, I'm considering New Leaf, but I'm curious: do you think a gamer who hasn't really played much of the game and who generally plays RPGs, racing, and action games could get into this as a first experience with the series?

That's pretty much been my experience. New Leaf is my first Animal Crossing and I've had a great time both with the game and making friends in the community. I like that it's something I can play exclusively for awhile or alongside other games.

It's such an open, customizable experience that I'd be hard-pressed to think of a reason why you shouldn't at least try it and see if you enjoy it. There's certainly still plenty of us around here to help you out with anything you might need.

Coldsnap

Hey guys,

So I wasn't sure where else to ask this. I know you guys are likely biased, given that this is the community OT, but I'll ask anyway.

I recently picked up a 3DS, and after flirting with Fire Emblem and Tales of the Abyss, I've found myself gravitating back to Nintendo games. I preordered Pokemon and I have Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I'm enjoying both.

However, I'm looking for something a little more open-ended, and I've come to consider New Leaf. I've only played a previous Animal Crossing on Wii for a short while, and I can't remember why I stopped playing; I probably felt like I wasn't making progress.

The progression in this game is set up like an RPG. I think New Leaf is the best in the series and it is more of a game than the other ones, as far as things to complete and a path of progression for the player. However, the game does about as much as explaining itself as Dark Souls. You will pretty much have to ask someone here or seek out a FAQvif you want to experience everything in the game. This game certainly gives back the more you put in. I think the price is worth seeing if it hooks you or not. The game design, writing, multiplayer, and art are amazing.

Anustart

Hey guys,

If you had trouble getting into a previous one, I would say that there's nothing here mind blowing enough to make it click.

Though I do love rpgs and action games too...so I dunno!

Chopper

Yes :) Doors open, name Mekere, town New Seed! I'm busy in the kitchen though, but feel free to stroll around and pick your flowers.
Thanks alot for those flowers. The area around my picnic blanket looks much better now.

Still in serious need of a cedar sapling. Can anyone help?

Grym

Does anyone know if any of the island tours occur while it is nighttime? If so, which? (other than the firefly one)

chunk3rvd

Is there any indicator I'm missing that lets you know if it has rained? Sometimes I open my 3DS and the clouds are grey but I'm unsure if it might have rained earlier. Just wondering if I can get out of watering all my wilted flowers today!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
My "mom" sent me a perfect apple.

Well if I ever need a red accent in my room I'm sure it'll be handy.

I've got this room filled with wheat fields already so not terribly useful, but that's why it was amusing:

tumblr_msxb7k6wjv1sw5rnlo1_400.jpg

Koomaster

I can't log in to tumblr from the 3ds browser, is anyone else having the same problem? the login button doesn't respond
You have to keep reloading the page till it works. Takes maybe a dozen or more tries sometimes; that site is effed up on the 3DS which is why they say that it's unavailable.

But yes it's a common problem, just keep reloading and eventually it will work.

Westraid

Okay, I know pretty much everyone had already given up on ever getting Hippeux in their town. But today is your lucky day!

Because my absolute most favourite villager Hippeux came up to me a few days ago to make an announcement:
tumblr_mtsmkiydMo1sv1iwgo2_400.jpg
tumblr_mtsmkiydMo1sv1iwgo1_400.jpg

Because Hippeux is the best villager in any Animal Crossing game, my first instinct was to tell him to stay. Because without this smug hippo, my town would never be the same again.

But as I thought how empty and shallow my life would be without Hippeux, I started to think about the other ACNL players, who probably never had the good fortune to even meet this classy persona.
And I felt like it wouldn't be right to keep the absolute best Animal Crossing villager all to myself.
So here I am, offering the wonderful Hippeux, all for free. I know I could easily ask billions because he is in such high demand, but to me, Hippeux is priceless.

So if you always wanted to have conversations like these:
A9w.png

Or welcome visitors to your town in a unique way:
39w.jpg

This is your chance! Hippeux is in boxes and ready to become a most beloved, unforgettable addition to your town!
r9w.png

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear enough, post is drenched in sarcasm.

xsheimii

Neo Member
Perfect oranges are on premium at my retail today (and I have bell boom but I'm pretty sure premium items aren't affected) if anyone wants to come sell.

Westraid

He sorta sounds like a jerk... There's an open spot in my town since Opal left.
He's not a jerk really. I mostly want him gone because he doesn't look cute and because I have Pietro as a smug villager already.
Still up for grabs if you or anyone else wants him.

Also, Hippeux' favourite animal is a frog and by the skin of his colour you can clearly tell he's related to them. He'd make a great addition to your town!

lol

Hippeux sux, pass it on
>:C
I'm going to miss threatening to send him to your village after tomorrow.

Frogstep

Also, Hippeux' favourite animal is a frog and by the skin of his colour you can clearly tell he's related to them. He'd make a great addition to your town!

Wow, really? He sounds amazing then! I am completely 100% sold! You've converted me.
No. He's never coming anywhere near my beautiful frogs! D<

Elija2

Is there any indicator I'm missing that lets you know if it has rained? Sometimes I open my 3DS and the clouds are grey but I'm unsure if it might have rained earlier. Just wondering if I can get out of watering all my wilted flowers today!

I think it will only count if it rains while you are actually playing.

Perfect oranges are on premium at my retail today (and I have bell boom but I'm pretty sure premium items aren't affected) if anyone wants to come sell.

Can I come sell my perfect oranges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom