• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT5| Gotta Catalog 'Em All!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Oh my gosh like 7 walls in a row! Do I have to do anything special to get floor?

lol I had the exact opposite issue...got 7 floors before I got a wall.

Also I just realized that today's re-tail premium of "mole cricket" was a big load of bullshit :/

lol I had the exact opposite issue...got 7 floors before I got a wall.

Also I just realized that today's re-tail premium of "mole cricket" was a big load of bullshit :/
Not if you have the night owl law in effect, but it's still pretty lame to have only a two hour window.

Frogstep

I gave one or two pieces of that candy to Jack and then the rest I started giving to villagers. :p

Yeah I'm just eating it now and giving it to villagers. Also I misread the description on how to get Jack's pumpkin mask. I read it as finding a headless Jack to earn it. I dunno...

Wolfe

I'm picking up Punchy from BPB on Friday but Wendy isn't leaving until the 4th so I'll be TTing to get her in boxes tomorrow, will you be able to pick her up from me sometime tomorrow? I can open up for you at 10am/noon/3pm or after I get off work. Then I'll TT another day forward so I can have an open space.

Velcro Fly

Six walls in my inventory later I got a floor! And then doubled down with two in a row!

Do I dare try for a jack-in-the-box?

It's too funny watching my villagers play charades. I love that there is always one really obvious wrong answer too.

I think I'm ready for November.

Elija2

The reactions of the villagers when you scare them are hilarious. They don't even sound scared, they just sound bothered.

Niraj

The reactions of the villagers when you scare them are hilarious. They don't even sound scared, they just sound bothered.

Groucho's "eeeeeeeek!" reaction to my bug mask was legitimately funny.

Frogstep

lfb2yd8.jpg

This one was probably my favorite reaction. Not sure if he's scared, surprised or hungry.

Niraj

This was really, really fun, and I was glad to see a lot of people who haven't played in awhile :) I wish all the events were more involved like this.

Wait, what should I be doing other than getting the pumpkin heads from the villagers and the creepy stuff from Jack?

Nothing really :)

Animekatt

This was really, really fun, and I was glad to see a lot of people who haven't played in awhile :) I wish all the events were more involved like this.

Getting sentimental on us eh? :p

But yeah this was a nice event. I hope the winter one will be just as involved too.

Chopper

Okay. I've caught the (1) new bug and the (4) new fish. The new diving catches can wait til tomorrow.

It's been a long, awesome day in Buckland. Halloween was pretty sweet, and this thread has been like the good old days. Love it.

Managed to get Resetti's pic in amongst the madness.

I'm knackered. Night all!

I'm picking up Punchy from BPB on Friday but Wendy isn't leaving until the 4th so I'll be TTing to get her in boxes tomorrow, will you be able to pick her up from me sometime tomorrow? I can open up for you at 10am/noon/3pm or after I get off work. Then I'll TT another day forward so I can have an open space.
Yes mate. I'll get her off you as soon as possible. Need to nip this resetting stuff in the bud, sharpish. Are you in the UK? Cos 10am might be doable.

Velcro Fly

So is the jack-in-the-box just random like the floor/wall? Ready to sit around and grind for it since it's all I need.

So is the jack-in-the-box just random like the floor/wall? Ready to sit around and grind for it since it's all I need.

Fill your pockets with seashells and then refuse Jack a piece of candy and, presuming you've gotten all the patched stuff, he'll change a shell into a jack-in-the-box.

Animekatt

Nope. Easiest way to get that one is to fill up your inventory with money, and fill how ever many jack in the boxes you want with stuff like seashells and fruit. Then just lose to the animal, and they will give it to you in exchange of the shell/fruit. Make sure to wear the patch outfit so they won't change your clothes instead.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I spent a lot of time on my costume, and it really payed off!

You guys can have it too!

GcfL1y0.png

So now that I've had some time to think about it, my thoughts about New Leaf Halloween...

Generally, I thought it was quite excellent. I love the treasure trove of new items, almost all of them being really awesome. The music is cool and the games for the most part are really fun. I do think it is a lot to expect people to do in one night, especially on a real holiday. Without the internet, it would legitimately take someone HOURS to get everything, and while the event is a lot of fun, I'd rather not spend my entire Halloween night playing AC.

I think they should handle it closer to how they do Christmas, in that you get little bits of info leading up to the day, and then you don't have to do it all in one night. Learning about each villager's fears is cool, but way too time consuming since you have to go through the whole trick or treat rigamarole every time. I think they could of implemented the candy a bit better too since it's almost worthless. Maybe let you trade in three for a guaranteed Creepy item instead of hoping you'll get one randomly.

But overall I was very impressed. Definitely my favorite event in any AC game to date. I'm really looking forward to Christmas now. :)

Boogiepop

Okay guys, I now have a complete Creepy set and all five pumpkin hats, plus I got hit with some patchwork stuff (dress at least, and maybe my shoes?) plus the old floor and wall. Anything else I need for my catalog or am I done for the day? I kind of need to sleep, haha.

Frogstep

Okay guys, I now have a complete Creepy set and all five pumpkin hats, plus I got hit with some patchwork stuff (dress at least, and maybe my shoes?) plus the old floor and wall. Anything else I need for my catalog or am I done for the day? I kind of need to sleep, haha.

Looks like you're done. There's also a patched shirt and pants if you don't have those.

Animekatt

Jack-in-the-box, and the patch Hat, Shirt, and Pants.

Wrapped it up for the night. Finished the Creepy set with some extras, got all the pumpkin heads and patchwork items, old floor/wall, jack-in-the-box, and saved a lollipop to keep. Think that's everything.

Was fun, but a little boring trying to find Jack all the time. I kept micronapping while running through town, whoops.

Lotto

I don't think I have it in me to get the rest of this Creepy set. Oh well, was able to get most of everything for this event I think!

Niraj

I have some extra creepy stuff to give out if anyone is missing any certain pieces. :eek:

Same here, I have this extra stuff still:

creepy wall x1
creepy cauldron x1
creepy bat stone x1
creepy crystal x1

I think I got something else right before I closed out, but I can't remember offhand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom