• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

piggychan

Thank you so much! I'm sorry I had to sell and run, but I was out and about and tied up so I needed to do it as quickly as possible.

It's cool

Ah well, She was planning on leaving 23rd but now she's going in the morning. Got wolf Link moving tomorrow.
WVW69kE_Wr44oqb0Iu

bumpkin

Crud... Gracie Fashion Check and I don't have enough parts to pass. Does anyone have any Ornate clothing items I could perhaps borrow? :)

It did it! The Turnips Wizard did it! It detected the Large Spike pattern and correctly said it would be this morning!

...for 144 Bells... =_=

Meh, meh I say! Used reddit to sell at 537.
At the very least, the wizard is a nice help in preventing a loss.

The Wizard also made an accurate prediction for me and told me to sell yesterday, and so the prices have started to drop today. So it's good to use it as a reference, but unfortunately huge price hikes don't seem to be a common thing. I only caught a lucky break because of piggychan.

How often do people see turnips selling for at least 300? Is that a fairly common thing (once a week)?

How exactly does that work? Does that make it show up in your town or something???

I never really engaged with ACNL's online features so this is all new to me, sorry.

What piggychan is doing is ordering the item through the store's catalog. (Almost) any item you ever buy or hold at some point, becomes "catalogued" and you can order them whenever you want. I'm assuming, at some point, piggychan has owned such and item and is just using his catalog to order the item for ya.

The Wizard also made an accurate prediction for me and told me to sell yesterday, and so the prices have started to drop today. So it's good to use it as a reference, but unfortunately huge price hikes don't seem to be a common thing. I only caught a lucky break because of piggychan.

How often do people see turnips selling for at least 300? Is that a fairly common thing (once a week)?

Not very common for me at all, but that's why I usually lean on the ACTurnips subreddit for a price over 400. Must've used them successfully now about 4 or 5 times, but will still play around with the wizard to see what may happen in my town.

I'm looking for someone to help me sell my turnips.. I invested all my bells hoping for a good run, but it looks like I'm about to lose all my money again for the fourth time.

I bought for 106. Any help is appreciated!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I'm looking for someone to help me sell my turnips.. I invested all my bells hoping for a good run, but it looks like I'm about to lose all my money again for the fourth time.

I bought for 106. Any help is appreciated!

Checked, but my price is trash unfortunately.

Anyone with turnips over 130 willing to let me sell? Save me from financial ruin! Thank you. :) I am 2981 8645 2658

Edit: Thank you to Heavy's Sandwich and his generous help!! Saved me from certain doom. Awesome!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The snow has melted. The grass is green again.

I'll probably update my dream address now. Just want to wait for that last Snowboy to melt.

EDIT:
WVW69kGsFmYB3ZTjOz

Finally!

LoveCake

Yay for no more snow. I love spring in AC.

Even though it's actually autumn where I am.

Yeah the snow has gone from my town also, it just makes it harder to find the fossils now though, I have them all but try and find the four everyday to use as funds even though I have billions in the bank, I just wish there was some sort of detector that could be purchased to help find them.

Also I have been up to Harv a few times when he is feeding the birds and I have talked to him and gone through all the options but not once has he offered beans/seeds so I can feed them :(

Another week closes, and another successful turnip sell on reddit, but with the Switch right around the corner I'm gonna briefly put the brakes on buying turnips in case it becomes hard to find people to sell to. I have a feeling that a good chunk of 3DS communities are going to be shaken up with many people fawning over the Switch.

Novocaine

I decided to buy some turnips although only 1 inventorys worth. If anybody gets good prices let me know, I'll be around a lot this week due to holidays

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's Festivale time!

Despite doing it years ago, it seems I somehow never got the table so I may grind it a bit to see if I can get lucky.

Novocaine

I've never seen Pavè before. He's pretty amazing. Think I'll grind out a few of these items to pass time on this flight.

VIVA LA FESTIVALE

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Luckily, I got the table on the fourth try. The first three items included two sofas. Well, at least items from this set can be sold for a nice profit.

Hopefully the Switch version, if they bring him back, makes it so he gives at least one of each before handing out dupes.

ferunnico

Neo Member
I just found out that Nintendo gives you a 30% discount for your birthday. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is one of the few eligible games I'm interested in. I have never played an Animal Crossing game before, so now I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try this one for the discounted price of 27,99 €. Steam sales have spoiled me, so almost 30 bucks for a four year old 3DS game - from a series I've never played before - is still quite a bit for me. I assume it's not hard to get your money's worth if you like the game, since it seems like people are still playing it even so many years after its release. Now I just have to find out if I would like the game, so I would be very grateful if you could answer some of my questions :)

What do you actually do in the game most of the time?
How often and for how long do you play it?
Why do you personally enjoy it so much?
Are there similar games or parts of games, which I could use as a point of reference?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The general "goal" of Animal Crossing is build a life in a little village, but how you go about this is up to you.

There are progress markers you can strive for like unlocking all the buildings in the shopping area, filling the museum up, getting a good score for your house and getting a perfect town rating.

But you don't have to do that. For example getting a good HHA score is based on having a uniformed house since the game wants you to complete furniture sets. However, I find it more interesting to make a room look interesting with a mix of different furniture, so I once spent time putting together rooms in my house.

At the moment I've been working a bit on the look of my town itself. It's quite easy to get a perfect town score since the game only wants you to hit arbitrary goals like having a certain number of trees, but it doesn't mean the town has to look good.

I've been playing it recently again a bit each day (mostly on my commute). Doing daily task like checking the shops for items I need (mostly stocking up on bushes to plant) and hoping certain villagers move so I do more work on my town. While you can just wander in the game and relax, I find it better to have a goal in mind to work towards. I even have an spreadsheet to mark off items I'm collecting and a layout plan for what I hope my town will look like. There's not many games where I can say I do "paperwork" for them. There's something nice about seeing your progress build up a little each day.

This game was rather community based in the beginning I'd say. You can see by the title we went through a lot of threads, but this one has slowed right down, so a major element of why this game was enjoyable is gone (well on GAF, there are other more active communities out there). It will likely pick up again if a Switch version comes out, so there's always the option of waiting before you jump into an Animal Crossing game for the first time, especially if paying so much for an old game is off-putting.

I just found out that Nintendo gives you a 30% discount for your birthday. Animal Crossing: New Leaf is one of the few eligible games I'm interested in. I have never played an Animal Crossing game before, so now I'm wondering if it would be worth it to try this one for the discounted price of 27,99 €. Steam sales have spoiled me, so almost 30 bucks for a four year old 3DS game - from a series I've never played before - is still quite a bit for me. I assume it's not hard to get your money's worth if you like the game, since it seems like people are still playing it even so many years after its release. Now I just have to find out if I would like the game, so I would be very grateful if you could answer some of my questions :)

What do you actually do in the game most of the time?
How often and for how long do you play it?
Why do you personally enjoy it so much?
Are there similar games or parts of games, which I could use as a point of reference?

I spent a lot of time collecting all of the fossils and am still working towards collecting all of the fish and bugs. There's quite a bit and they change month to month, requiring almost near daily play sessions. And certain animals are only around during certain times of the day and only in certain locations.

Each play session is probably 45 minutes to an hour, for a few months, I was playing every single day, lately I've slowed down.

I personally enjoy it because it's just a nice game to sit back and relax with. My personal typical gameplay loop is find all of the dig holes, plant/water my flowers, find the money rock, find the ore rock, ID the fossils, sell the fossils, check the police station for lost and found items, repay Nook for any home improvements, go to the department store, buy a record if I don't have it, buy the fortune cookies, buy fertilizer, buy any items I might want from upstairs, check out any new clothes/headgear and shoes, check out the campgrounds for any RV items.

As for similarities to other games, like others have said, it's a life simulation game, so if you've played something like The Sims, there are shared elements there, but merely in passing.

Animal Crossing is a strangely deep and crazy game. There's an in-game stock market, specific holiday events, fortune telling, art dealing, there's a score for your town, a score for your home, there's now two new mini-games you can play. On the surface, it just looks like a kid's "wtf, why do you play this?" game, then when you play it, you realize it's fucking insane.

The general "goal" of Animal Crossing is build a life in a little village, but how you go about this is up to you.

There are progress markers you can strive for like unlocking all the buildings in the shopping area, filling the museum up, getting a good score for your house and getting a perfect town rating.

But you don't have to do that. For example getting a good HHA score is based on having a uniformed house since the game wants you to complete furniture sets. However, I find it more interesting to make a room look interesting with a mix of different furniture, so I once spent time putting together rooms in my house.

At the moment I've been working a bit on the look of my town itself. It's quite easy to get a perfect town score since the game only wants you to hit arbitrary goals like having a certain number of trees, but it doesn't mean the town has to look good.

I've been playing it recently again a bit each day (mostly on my commute). Doing daily task like checking the shops for items I need (mostly stocking up on bushes to plant) and hoping certain villagers move so I do more work on my town. While you can just wander in the game and relax, I find it better to have a goal in mind to work towards. I even have an spreadsheet to mark off items I'm collecting and a layout plan for what I hope my town will look like. There's not many games where I can say I do "paperwork" for them. There's something nice about seeing your progress build up a little each day.

This game was rather community based in the beginning I'd say. You can see by the title we went through a lot of threads, but this one has slowed right down, so a major element of why this game was enjoyable is gone (well on GAF, there are other more active communities out there). It will likely pick up again if a Switch version comes out, so there's always the option of waiting before you jump into an Animal Crossing game for the first time, especially if paying so much for an old game is off-putting.

Considering that the game is 4 years old and this thread still gets bumped pretty regularly is quite impressive. Whenever AC Switch comes out, I think the community will be back big time.

Top Bottom