• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Dr. Buni

The flowers are so pretty, though. I will probably have my town look like Floarama Town (from Pokémon DPPt) soem day.

Edit: top of the page, why

Linius

#50PPP Master Race

But yeah, flowers are cool. I need to create fields with them though. I visited someone the other week (I think Zing) who had them ordered by color in nice square spaces. I need to do something like that. But that's a lot of work :p

Dr. Buni

I don't have enough flowers yet, but the ones I have are ordered in rows around my house (red row, then white row and the yellow ones behind the house). I can't do much until I can set ordinances, though.

On a random note, I love the Re-tail music and the rest of the soundtrack.

Man... I logged in... realized I don't need any furniture... breathed a sigh of relief and talks to all my villagers then logged out.

Oh yeah, that was after breaking all the rocks that were in places they're not supposed to be. Reminded folks, if you don't break them before you log off, they're permanent tomorrow.

I did get a new villager, Big Top. He decided to park his house next to a bridge. What the fuck is it with these villagers moving right next to bridges but I can't build a bridge next to a house in an area I choose? Fucking double standards.

I have Beardo moving in tomorrow.

987.gif

BokehKing

Banned
So how many times do I have to hit 'moose' over the head with a net to get him to leave??

He is so damn annoying.

Speaking of villagers, why do people want 'certain' villagers

A quick look on gfaq shows me 10 page threads in regards to having people 'in boxes'

Linius

Well, better to be safe than sorry I guess.

If you don't boot the game at all nothing happens. The game doesn't generate rocks if you don't play.

I also noticed that when I started playing with my alt after having done all the rocks with my main, the fake rocks were back for my alt. The game just randomly generates a bunch of fake rocks for every character once you start the game as that character.

So how many times do I have to hit 'moose' over the head with a net to get him to leave??

He is so damn annoying.

Speaking of villagers, why do people want 'certain' villagers

A quick look on gfaq shows me 10 page threads in regards to having people 'in boxes'

Befriending villagers is usually the best way to get them to say they wanna move at some point.

And well, some villagers just look cool/cute/fun whatever and are nice to have in town. In the early days Julian was very popular. People would pay tens of millions of bells for him. Same for Ankha. I believe the dream villager market calmed down now, but in the beginning people used it to make crazy amounts of bells. Especially people with a second copy had it easy. They just used their second copy as a time travel town, moving villagers in and out to make bells.

Elija2

If you don't boot the game at all nothing happens. The game doesn't generate rocks if you don't play.

I also noticed that when I started playing with my alt after having done all the rocks with my main, the fake rocks were back for my alt. The game just randomly generates a bunch of fake rocks for every character once you start the game as that character.

Yeah, I already started the game for my daily check in.

But now I'm interested in what a town would look like with a bunch of extra rocks everywhere. Two rocks can spawn next to each other so it might be possible to screw up your town so you can't move anywhere. Or maybe a rock path if you have crazy patience.

Linius

Since it's basically a glitch it's merely impossible to exploit to your benefits I'm afraid. Normally the rocks you didn't break just go away once the next day kicks in.

Elija2

Since it's basically a glitch it's merely impossible to exploit to your benefits I'm afraid. Normally the rocks you didn't break just go away once the next day kicks in.

Yeah, if only...

...if only they left a game-breaking glitch in.

I was missing this game, so I booted it up again yesterday. I knew it would be a bad idea to sell my copy, I'd hate to think my town was no longer in existence anywhere.

Dr. Buni

I was missing this game, so I booted it up again yesterday. I knew it would be a bad idea to sell my copy, I'd hate to think my town was no longer in existence anywhere.
Selling this game is awful. I already love my new village, but I keep wondering how my old 2013 one would be today, if I hadn't sold my old 3DS with its digital games, including New Leaf.

Gabe3208

Banned
Is there anyone out there with apples in their town willing to help me out??? Desperation kicking in!!!! Playing right now and just dying to get a hold of that last fruit!

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Still have these extras available from yesterday, let me know if you'd like to have them, or I'll probably just end up selling them tomorrow (Reila, kept the TV aside for you):

egg wall
egg clock
egg basket
Zipper's pic x2
egg stereo x3
egg bench x2
egg table x2
egg bed x2
egg toy set

Also have villager pics available (Lionel, Flurry, Ankha, Tammi, Groucho, Jacques, Carmen, Drago, Soleil, Muffy, and also Blanca) if anyone would like them. Just let me know.

If people need flowers I probably have some to spare. Including hybrids if you want starters and don't care about growing your own.

I added you Gabe.

If people have spare egg lamps, I'd like a few of them.

Yeah, I already started the game for my daily check in.

But now I'm interested in what a town would look like with a bunch of extra rocks everywhere. Two rocks can spawn next to each other so it might be possible to screw up your town so you can't move anywhere. Or maybe a rock path if you have crazy patience.
That area where I have my rock garden with the pink and orange flowers (if you remember it) was due to me playing around with the random generation when you boot up the game last year. I was able to add three to that area in addition to having my rock pwp and geyser. I only did it a couple of times to see if it would work and it did. Was tempted to add more this year but decided I was lazy. :)

breakfuss

Haha, I just posted in the Turnip OT thinking it was the main. Relieved to see some people still playing. So how does this work? I'd like to add whoever will have me! Will I then be able to visit your towns?

Linius

If you add someone the other party need to open their town gate at the train station in order to be able to receive people.

breakfuss

If you add someone the other party need to open their town gate at the train station in order to be able to receive people.

Oh, well that sounds...convoluted. *sigh* oh Nintendo. Is that something you have to manually tick everytime you have a new visitor?

But again, I've just gotten into this so I'd love to see some other people's creations and whatnot. From the Turnip OT I gather there's like an economy? Sounds interesting.

uaqp8f0.gif

Look at all these new people :eek: Even the turnip OT has life.

Oh, well that sounds...convoluted. *sigh* oh Nintendo. Is that something you have to manually tick everytime you have a new visitor?

Once you've become friends with someone on your 3DS, you're set. You just need to open the gates when you want to invite people in. No need to re-add them unless you've removed them.

Linius

I'm struggling a bit with what I want to do now. Maybe pursue the golden money badge after all. Try and get the 500+ hours played (466 now). Or improve my town in general. I only have paths on one side of my town and flowers are all over the place. Then again, I also have a massive backlog of other games :p

Linius

Hmm. So the host has to be online for you to visit their town? Sorry for the noob questions.

Yeah, the host needs to open their town. You can also choose to open your town only for best friends. There's a device in the game that allows you to add people within the game as best friend.

Important bit for newcomers, just in case...

Everything you do in someone's town is permanent. So don't cut down trees, or pick fruits etc. if you don't have permission from the town's mayor. Also very important, grass gets destroyed by running over it. So never run in other people's towns or we'll have waste lands like Niraj and his desert queen.

Just some basic rules in order to keep things moving along smoothly.

breakfuss

Yes. And deliberately open the town gate. Did you want to visit with hooyah?

Yeah, sure!

Yeah, the host needs to open their town. You can also choose to open your town only for best friends. There's a device in the game that allows you to add people within the game as best friend.

Everything you do in someone's town is permanent. So don't cut down trees, or pick fruits etc. if you don't have permission from the town's mayor. Also very important, grass gets destroyed by running over it. So never run in other people's towns or we'll have waste lands like Niraj and his desert queen.

Ok, thanks for the tips.

BokehKing

Banned

I was in your town yesterday, following the nice stone paths, then it became a maze on how to get to your recycle shop lol

How to get to Nintendo zone stuff?
Could I only do that at certain hot spots?

Ok I'll add you in a moment. You may pick fruit trees and take anything by the train. If you want flowers please give me a heads up.
How do you take flowers?

Linius

In case you didn't know, you can walk over flowers just fine. As long you keep a walking pace like on grass it won't hurt them.

And you can pick up flower with 'Y'. Same button as for picking up items when you do a trade.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
How to get to Nintendo zone stuff?
Could I only do that at certain hot spots?

For the most part, places with AT&T WiFi will work. McDonald's, Best Buy, Home Depot, Barnes and Noble, certain hotels, airports, etc. When you're at a Nintendo Zone, you go into the post office and request to download the current item.

Top Bottom