• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Robin64

When do you guys reckon we can expect any news on a Wii U crossing game?

Not sure they'll bother, to be honest. Very low install base and a poor reception to the Wii one.

Plus Happy Home Designer (SO EXCITED!) being on the 3DS, despite most players not having a n3DS, makes me think 3DS (and beyond) is home for AC now.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Not sure they'll bother, to be honest. Very low install base and a poor reception to the Wii one.

Plus Happy Home Designer (SO EXCITED!) being on the 3DS, despite most players not having a n3DS, makes me think 3DS (and beyond) is home for AC now.

I don't think they should bother either, personally.

Linius

I've never played a Crossing game on a console to be honest. But I'd like to see it in HD.

A big expansion for New Leaf would be best. At some point there's just not much more to do anymore. But that will never happen.

Niraj

Edit: Happy Home Designer is n3DS exclusive?

Never, specially if the next console is really supposed to be announced sooner than later.

It's on 3DS I think. I believe they said the nfc adapter thing would be out on the same day as that so people could use the cards.

Linius

Yeah, they're gonna use it to market the NFC reader for older 3DS models. Animal Crossing is quite popular so that's a smart move. If Yokai-Watch won't make it before 2016 I think Happy Home Designer is only game of significance for the 3DS around the holiday season. That's a whole lot of nothing.

Dr. Buni

Yeah it doesn't seem like there is a lot of 3DS games coming out this year, especially since we are likely not getting a new Pokémon. RIP 3DS.
Nah, just people will need to buy the adapter for the old machines, so it's not quite as seamless.
It's on 3DS I think. I believe they said the nfc adapter thing would be out on the same day as that so people could use the cards.
Ah I see. I don't have a n3DS or plans to buy one and I am still on the fence about the new AC, so this is good news.

Prisoner

I have some genuine paintings for sale at re-tail: famous, dynamic, proper, moving, moody, and flowery.

4,000 bells a piece.

alf717

Katie is in my town today. Not sure if anyone can benefit from a visit from her. She won't stop following. =P

I've never played a Crossing game on a console to be honest. But I'd like to see it in HD.

A big expansion for New Leaf would be best. At some point there's just not much more to do anymore. But that will never happen.

I'm looking forward to a possible AC on Wii U as well. I really enjoyed the look of the Animal Crossing Plaza on Wii U. Hope the game looks like that. I just started New Leaf last week but I'm all in for a Wii U version.

Wii U version would definitely be nice. Judging by the capabilities of transferring information between the 3DS and Wii U, the next Animal Crossing could have this feature implemented.

Robin64

Thing is, 'Let's Go to the City' looked nicer, too. But it just had barely any extras, the fabled City was just "we've moved things out of the town to another map", aside from the auction house which barely worked for me anyway.

They'd have to do much more than just New Leaf in HD to get me on board, and even then I'd much prefer a new AC on a handheld for convenience.

Niraj

Katie is in my town today. Not sure if anyone can benefit from a visit from her. She won't stop following. =P

It's more of a benefit to you than anything. After she leaves your town, she'll mail you an item the next day. These or her picture.

alf717

It's more of a benefit to you than anything. After she leaves your town, she'll mail you an item the next day. These or her picture.

Oh OK so just like Wild World then. Will she go away if I enter other buildings and go about the day as usual? I don't want to pass up on the prizes she offers.

alf717

OK cool and thanks to both of you. I'll wait it out until my other family members are available to hop on the train.

Linius

Polygon really came up with that now? I've been using that for months. Love it. I think I got it from this thread. At some point where we were talking about how awesome this soundtrack is :D

Niraj

Polygon really came up with that now? I've been using that for months. Love it. I think I got it from this thread. At some point where we were talking about how awesome this soundtrack is :D

slowpoke-kotaku.jpg

Just replace Kotaku with Polygon :p

Zing

Banned
I have some genuine paintings for sale at re-tail: famous, dynamic, proper, moving, moody, and flowery.

4,000 bells a piece.
I'd like to come buy the famous and proper paintings. My friend code is in my profile here.

I have a legit Wild Painting if anyone needs.

Dr. Buni

Is it worth to set the Bell Boom ordinance?

The first time I played I bought most stuff without ever setting it up, but in my current playthrough... grinding bells early in the game is proving to be a chore.
I thought the Animal Crossing team was currently working on Splatoon.
They are (which explains why Splatoon is so charming).

Linius

Never used bell boom. But then again, in the beginning I did some island stuff to save up a start. Then I started trading turnips and everything went quite fast from there.

I guess I didn't remember that they made it into a plug-in. Which, like I said is sad. Chrome hasn't been reliable for me for over a year now. Used to be my favorite browser too.

I've only ever used the beautiful town ordinance. The amount of flowers in my town is staggering. I am not watering those fuckers.

MicH

I kind of want a Wii U Animal Crossing, but only if they make it a substantial upgrade from New Leaf. Also, upgrade the graphics so it looks more like the AC track in MK8 which is beautiful

Zing

Banned
A Wii U game would be interesting I'm sure, but the lack of local multiplayer would be a huge loss here. My family visiting each others' towns is the main reason I got into this game.

I've used nothing but bell boom. I've lost some flowers, yes, but so what. I won't even switch when I quit the game. During the four months I quit last year, I came back and was awarded an awesome Cosmos Fan for all the weeds I pulled.

alf717

Hey if someone could help me do a quick in/out visit to their town to help me out with a Katie item LMK. We can exchange friend codes via PM.

Linius

Well Jay randomly gave me his pic today. My task was to bring him any kind of furniture. Guess or bromance is higher than I imagined
p1kx90C.png

Seriously though, I only got back to my village since a couple of weeks. After ignoring the game for months on end.

I picked NL as my CN plat reward. I've been missing out! This game is so much better than WW! It could be cause it's the digital version though.
My FC is 0318 9979 0105. I wanna visit other towns; my town is relatively new now. I'll bring cherries and apples if you need them.

Azuran

Banned
I want to clear up some space, so I'm giving away these paintings I have to anyone that needs them:

Worthy Painting x3
Moving Painting x2
Moody Painting
Basic Painting
Proper Painting
Serene Paiting
Amazing Painting

Trevelyan

Banned

I think HHD is the exact reason we'll see a Wii U AC this fall. New Leaf really helped invigorate the series and drew a lot more people to it. Also, I can see them using amiibo cards from HHD as a way to bring in villagers into your AC Wii U town. You play the 3DS game a couple months before, arrange villager's houses, and then scan them into the Wii U game to have them move into your town.

Also, all the HD assets we've seen for AC now, such as Smash and MK8(also, the timing for the AC DLC) make me think they're just using them from the game they're developing.

Either way, E3 should be really, really exciting.

Zing

Banned
I want to clear up some space, so I'm giving away these paintings I have to anyone that needs them:

Worthy Painting x3
Moving Painting x2
Moody Painting
Basic Painting
Proper Painting
Serene Paiting
Amazing Painting

I need Worthy and Proper, please!

When do you guys reckon we can expect any news on a Wii U crossing game?

I don't think we're going to see an Animal Crossing for Wii U. My (non-unique) hunch with the "NX" is it's going to be one umbrella system that's usable on multiple devices, like iOS is to iPhone and iPad.

This setup would be too perfect for the next AC.

Linius

Getting campers to move to your town should really be done in some other way. I'm already 25 minutes busy with Biskit just reading his stupid phrases about camping over and over and ignoring to play his stupid games. It always takes ages before they finally say yes...

EDIT

And just as I'm typing this it's finally done

Top Bottom