• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

bengraven

What's the best way to connect with people? For some reason my 3DS requires me to be almost on the router itself, which is in a busy area of this building, so I can let it sit or use it in spurts. Can I visit people who have their gates open, but aren't actually playing, just in sleep mode or something?

Also, any advice on street pass stuff? I have a feeling no one in my area i playing anymore. lol

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
What's the best way to connect with people? For some reason my 3DS requires me to be almost on the router itself, which is in a busy area of this building, so I can let it sit or use it in spurts. Can I visit people who have their gates open, but aren't actually playing, just in sleep mode or something?

Also, any advice on street pass stuff? I have a feeling no one in my area i playing anymore. lol

There's no visiting in sleep mode or anything like that. Both people have to be in-game. When you open your gates, sleep mode won't work (the screens might turn off but it doesn't suspend).

If you want Streetpasses easiest way is to go to places with relays (McDonald's, Home Depot, Best Buy, other places with attwifi) or setting up homepass. This is assuming you don't live in a place where they are easy to come by, like big cities or places with cons. All you get are copies of the players' homes with the ability to order 5 items a day, occasionally random trinkets (pinwheels, balloons, so forth), and a few badges (achievements, basically).

bengraven

There's no visiting in sleep mode or anything like that. Both people have to be in-game. When you open your gates, sleep mode won't work (the screens might turn off but it doesn't suspend).

If you want Streetpasses easiest way is to go to places with relays (McDonald's, Home Depot, Best Buy, other places with attwifi) or setting up homepass. This is assuming you don't live in a place where they are easy to come by, like big cities or places with cons. All you get are copies of the players' homes with the ability to order 5 items a day, occasionally random trinkets (pinwheels, balloons, so forth), and a few badges (achievements, basically).

That's what I want. I want to fill up my huge empty projects up in the north. :p

Homepass I think I set up already. Do I just leave my gates open and random people come or is it only friends?

Niraj

That's what I want. I want to fill up my huge empty projects up in the north. :p

Homepass I think I set up already. Do I just leave my gates open and random people come or is it only friends?

If you actually want people to visit, it would be friends only. You have to have your gates open, they go to the station and say they want to visit your town. In terms of Streetpasses, you don't need to open your gates. They'll just show up in that area in the back of Main Street (talk to Digby).

alf717

From an old post:

Place a 5x5 grid where you want your Cafe and make sure it lines up with the patterns when Izzy previews the placement for you. You'll need to allow for the usual PWP buffer but this method will allow you to place objects without guessing.

Wow thank you this makes perfect sense. I will try this when I play tomorrow and see how it turns out.

Gave my imported 3DS (which has Animal Crossing on it) to my 10 year old nephew and bought Animal crossing a second time for my EU 3DS. In other words; I'm starting over AGAIN. This will be the last time I swear.
At leat this time I'll have someone to play it with.

Cheers, I didn't even think about storing them.

Also anyone feel free to add me 0259-0277-7644.

I'll add you. My friend code is in my profile.

Bankoiia

It seems a lot of people started playing this again after the Mario Kart 8 DLC dropped. I sure know I am. I am also pretty early in the game so it would be nice to trade some fruit with people. Think I only have pear and peach for now.

My FC is 2535-3600-3509

Let me know by PM if you added me! :)

I'll add you. My friend code is in my profile.

It seems a lot of people started playing this again after the Mario Kart 8 DLC dropped. I sure know I am. I am also pretty early in the game so it would be nice to trade some fruit with people. Think I only have pear and peach for now.

My FC is 2535-3600-3509

Let me know by PM if you added me! :)

I will add you both when I get home from work.

Azuran

Banned
Does anyone have turnips selling for more than 100 bells?

I have them at 110 bells.

However, I'm going out in like 10 mins so if you can't get to my town in that time, then you'll have to wait till later unless you find someone else of course.

My nephew has Rosie in his town.. I've been playing Animal Crossing since the Gamecube and I've never had Rosie in my town.
I'm so jealous

I do have Peanut though. I like her.

So how many of you think Nintendo is going to announce "AC Wii U" at E3? Out of all the predictions I've heard, I think this is the one I'm the most confident in. For a few reasons:

- It's going to be over 3 years since New Leaf came out
- They're releasing HHD which could tie in perfectly as the "portable component" for a console version of AC
- AC is a huge IP for Nintendo, reaching people outside of the usual dedicated Nintendo fanbase, and could really move consoles

And come on... that MarioKart 8 DLC. They're just adding fuel to this hype train fire...

Thoughts?

So how many of you think Nintendo is going to announce "AC Wii U" at E3? Out of all the predictions I've heard, I think this is the one I'm the most confident in. For a few reasons:

- It's going to be over 3 years since New Leaf came out
- They're releasing HHD which could tie in perfectly as the "portable component" for a console version of AC
- AC is a huge IP for Nintendo, reaching people outside of the usual dedicated Nintendo fanbase, and could really move consoles

And come on... that MarioKart 8 DLC. They're just adding fuel to this hype train fire...

Thoughts?

Seems pretty likely to me too considering they already have a lot of assets they could use.
That mario kart track even has all four seasons!
Wouoldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything about it untill next year either though. I dunno.. Isn't the Splatoon team mostly filled with people who work on the Animal Crossing games?

Zing

Banned
I don't know what the Wii U game could offer over the 3DS game. It would actually be worse unless there is simultaneous multiplayer somehow. Not only that, but only one person can manage their town at a time. It was bad enough sharing the 3DS cart for a few days until my daughter got her own copy. The game would have to have major changes to be viable on a home console compared to New Leaf.

Also, someone has their release dates wrong. New leaf will have been available for two years this June. Even in Japan it won't be three years until this December.

I don't know what the Wii U game could offer over the 3DS game. It would actually be worse unless there is simultaneous multiplayer somehow. Not only that, but only one person can manage their town at a time. It was bad enough sharing the 3DS cart for a few days until my daughter got her own copy. The game would have to have major changes to be viable on a home console compared to New Leaf.

Also, someone has their release dates wrong. New leaf will have been available for two years this June. Even in Japan it won't be three years until this December.
What kind of major changes? I would love for a new animal crossing game on the wii u. New look. New villagers/more villagers. New options for what you can build. New online multiplayer options. Larger scale. Playable on a big screen tv. Make it so villagers don't randomly leave if you really like them - I stopped playing the 3ds version for that reason alone. There are so many things Nintendo could do. I would think even small changes from New Leaf would more than make it viable on a console.

Kangi

"It's after midnight and raining. Go catch me a butterfly."

Sometimes my favorite villagers can be the most annoying.

Dr. Buni

If there is AC U, what I hope is that they make the villagers more unique in terms of dialogue and personalities. They don't need to create new ones, just develop the +300 existing ones. I know it is impossible to make each one of them unique, but still.

Paid off my first house upgrade, Pelly Is so cute!
CD_2GOtUEAAoF-n.jpg

Still have a long way to go..

And I tought my nephew about the wonderful world of fishing
CD_2eyjUkAExNSy.jpg

Anybody got their town open?? :)
I guess you could come to mine if you want? Not much to look at yet though..
What fruits do you have? We could trade fruits!

Bulbasaur

Banned
Paid off my first house upgrade, Pelly Is so cute!
CD_2GOtUEAAoF-n.jpg

Still have a long way to go..

And I tought my nephew about the wonderful world of fishing
CD_2eyjUkAExNSy.jpg

I guess you could come to mine if you want? Not much to look at yet though..
What fruits do you have? We could trade fruits!

Same. my town is pretty new too. I have oranges! Add me if you like - 0559 6787 5259

Niraj

I'm at 186 for turnips for the next hour and a half. Not sure if it'll go up again at noon, haven't tracked.

Does anyone know a good way to get persimmons? They're my favorite fruit IRL and would love to grow them in my town. I heard one of the best ways to get them is doing a tour, but they only show up on labyrinths and I can't keep the extra fruit on that one.

Does anyone know a good way to get persimmons? They're my favorite fruit IRL and would love to grow them in my town. I heard one of the best ways to get them is doing a tour, but they only show up on labyrinths and I can't keep the extra fruit on that one.

Get them from a long term user. They don't show up until the biggest store size, then they're for sale there.

Linius

Happy birthday Azuran!

EDIT

Lol, was on my way to Jay for a delivery. He pinged me when I walked up to him to tell me he's leaving, I denied because I like him. Delivered him the package and he gave me his pic. Friendship redeemed.

Zing

Banned
CEEZEoqUEAAZc64.jpg

'Only' 1,200,000 bells. ;_;

I want it so bad. It's what my dreams are made off:
qgfjqae.gif
On my first week playing, I had the crown in my shop. That price seemed crazy.

A year later, and I have my home completely paid off (7.5 million), at least 3 million in town improvements, and 4.5 million in the bank.

Linius

On my first week playing, I had the crown in my shop. That price seemed crazy.

A year later, and I have my home completely paid off (7.5 million), at least 3 million in town improvements, and 4.5 million in the bank.

Just by selling fossils every day I rake in about 70.000 bells a week. Plus 99.999 interest each month from the bank. And the money rock is something like 8.000 a day, so another 56.000 per week. So roughly 600.000 bells a month without much work.

I really should try to make more if I ever want to make that 100 million. But it seems like too much of an effort to go to the island for bugs or keep track of turnips.

Guys, I restarted animal crossing after a few years of not playing and I totally forgot some basic things. How many gyroid spots are there whenever they pop up? I know they come out during the rains but I want to know how many I can dig up.

Niraj

Guys, I restarted animal crossing after a few years of not playing and I totally forgot some basic things. How many gyroid spots are there whenever they pop up? I know they come out during the rains but I want to know how many I can dig up.

Three

Bulbasaur

Banned
Just by selling fossils every day I rake in about 70.000 bells a week. Plus 99.999 interest each month from the bank. And the money rock is something like 8.000 a day, so another 56.000 per week. So roughly 600.000 bells a month without much work.

I really should try to make more if I ever want to make that 100 million. But it seems like too much of an effort to go to the island for bugs or keep track of turnips.

I'm hitting the island most nights to pay off my loans because I'm impatient. And its been three weeks since I started again and I havent got a single villager request for a public works project, what gives??

Also - Anybody have their Gracie selling cowboy boots??? hahahaha

Top Bottom