• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf |OT6| Not So New Leaf

Macka

Just restarted this after a few years of not playing. I didn't play much the first time either tbh, but for some reason I got the itch tonight to get back into it, and ended up spending a few hours resetting for a layout I was happy with. This was easily the best I got:

zA64DBO.jpg

Pretty happy with it. The shop is close to the wharf, there's only one pond - and it, along with the rocks, aren't in places I'd be building anyway. The river is a bit more dominant than I was hoping for but there's still plenty of open space. Even managed to put my home right next to a ramp down to the ocean! Looking forward to really sinking my teeth into the game this time around. With that said...my villagers are kinda terrible at the moment. I have two chickens (Goose, Benedict), Elise the monkey, Dotty the bunny and T-Bone the bull. Rather ugly bunch. If anyone has any of the following (favourites from my old town) moving out, I'll gladly take them! Amelia, Bangle, Fang, Ken, Rocket & Anchovy. Also liked the look of Sly, Cheri, Caroline, Chief, Drift, Maple & Lily who I saw while resetting.

Robin64

Just restarted this after a few years of not playing. I didn't play much the first time either tbh, but for some reason I got the itch tonight to get back into it, and ended up spending a few hours resetting for a layout I was happy with. This was easily the best I got:

Haha, for a minute there I thought had a special map that showed rock positions.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I had Elise too, had no problem letting her move. Unfortunately she'll be hanging around Main Street forever unless I boot some villagers :(

Dr. Buni

I had Elise too, had no problem letting her move. Unfortunately she'll be hanging around Main Street forever unless I boot some villagers :(
Oh damn, I thought my ex villagers would eventually stop appearing around Main Street. They are creeping me out.

Niraj

Oh damn, I thought my ex villagers would eventually stop appearing around Main Street. They are creeping me out.

Well, you'll never have none now. Here:

"This is how it works: after five villagers move out of your town, the first of those five will start showing up in Main Street (including the stores), and up to four former villagers can show up at most. Once a 9th villager moves out, that first one will be gone forever, and so forth. So, for example, say Elise, Boomer, Sparro, and Annalisa have moved out, and Rhonda is moving out next. After Rhonda moves, Elise will start showing up. If another villager moves, Boomer will show up, then Sparro, then Annalisa. If a villager moves after Annalisa shows up, then Rhonda will show up and Elise will be gone, and so on."

NotSelf

Hi all just started NL 4 days to be exact having fun just running around fishing. Just need some help on getting rid of an animal reason there house is right in front of town hall any suggestions? thanks

So far I beat the poor fellow with my net I didn't feel to good about doing that.

Dr. Buni

Well, you'll never have none now. Here:

"This is how it works: after five villagers move out of your town, the first of those five will start showing up in Main Street (including the stores), and up to four former villagers can show up at most. Once a 9th villager moves out, that first one will be gone forever, and so forth. So, for example, say Elise, Boomer, Sparro, and Annalisa have moved out, and Rhonda is moving out next. After Rhonda moves, Elise will start showing up. If another villager moves, Boomer will show up, then Sparro, then Annalisa. If a villager moves after Annalisa shows up, then Rhonda will show up and Elise will be gone, and so on."
I see. Thanks for explaining. Hopefully the penguin lady will stop appearing soon, at least.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well, most of us got the leaf bed early somehow, but it is Japanese DLC, so that one is fine. The cake is a Gracie item.

You can buy it I believe so just streetpassing someone with it gets you the bed.

Maybe I should do what others are doing and forget the past and just jump back in with a fresh start but continue with the same village.

Linius

I jumped back into my town after months of absence. One villager left but my town was still in pretty good shape. Now I'm coming back daily for the past few months.

Zing

Banned
I jumped back into my town after months of absence. One villager left but my town was still in pretty good shape. Now I'm coming back daily for the past few months.
I had the same experience. Last year, I quit for four months. I even tried to sell the game here on GAF for a measly $20. Fortunately, no one bought it! I spontaneously gave it another try and have been playing almost daily since.

I had a lot of weeds and lost a villager, but it was easy to get back into shape.

Linius

Really? Kid Cat asked to leave yesterday and now Ankha. I thought there was a space of two or three days between request to move out from the town.

I don't think there are standard rules to it. It just happens. Though we do know it should be safe to stay away from your town for a long while if you stop playing after a villager pinged you. But if you keep on playing villagers can walk up to you on any given day as far as I know.

Dr. Buni

I don't think there are standard rules to it. It just happens. Though we do know it should be safe to stay away from your town for a long while if you stop playing after a villager pinged you. But if you keep on playing villagers can walk up to you on any given day as far as I know.
Ah okay. I will have to play safe them, don't want any of my current villagers leaving any time soon.

NotSelf

Found a vid seems the best way to get a villager to move is to simply ignore them but I think it's a little to late for me since I already beat him over the head:(

bengraven

Goddammit.

I sold my turnips when they were 175 bells on Tuesday.

Today they're like 587 bells.

Also, I'm assuming with PWP that villagers barely contribute at all. I've put in 40k towards a bridge and it's barely gone up in a few days.

Elija2

Goddammit.

I sold my turnips when they were 175 bells on Tuesday.

Today they're like 587 bells.

Also, I'm assuming with PWP that villagers barely contribute at all. I've put in 40k towards a bridge and it's barely gone up in a few days.

It's almost never a good idea to sell your turnips so early unless you got an early spike.

And yeah, villagers don't contribute shit to PWPs. Paying those off is pretty much all on you.

Azuran

Banned
Really? Kid Cat asked to leave yesterday and now Ankha. I thought there was a space of two or three days between request to move out from the town.

You know the most annoying part? For some reason, it's always the cool ones you love that want to leave in quick succession. I swear it's one of the tricks they use to keep you playing daily.

Dr. Buni

You know the most annoying part? For some reason, it's always the cool ones you love that want to leave in quick succession. I swear it's one of the tricks they use to keep you playing daily.
Haha pretty much. The villagers I care less about (Pietro, for example) NEVER ping me to leave. It is like he knows I wouldn't be bothered if decided to leave.

Zing

Banned
My villagers contribute nearly 1000 a day. I'm usually not in a hurry to complete, so I let them slowly provide funds over time.

bengraven

A few questions if you guys don't mind, since I'm LTTP.

1) What's the upper limit on villagers in this game?
2) should I be doing those beach challenges on the island?
3) can people send you mail somehow? Example: if you're on my friend's list can I send you something? I'm wondering the best way to get fruit since I don't get access to the online features for very long during the day

My villagers contribute nearly 1000 a day. I'm usually not in a hurry to complete, so I let them slowly provide funds over time.

How did you get them to contribute so much?!

It's almost never a good idea to sell your turnips so early unless you got an early spike.

And yeah, villagers don't contribute shit to PWPs. Paying those off is pretty much all on you.

I really should have had some of you guys show up yesterday and take advantage, but by the time I saw how much they were it was 10:30 and the store was going to close soon. Plus, i have zero wifi unless I'm directly over the router for some reason (not sure if it's my second-hand 3DS or not - but it could explain why I walked through a mall full of kids and didn't get a streetpass jingle). I need new fruit anyway, I'm sick of pears.

A few questions if you guys don't mind, since I'm LTTP.

1) What's the upper limit on villagers in this game?
2) should I be doing those beach challenges on the island?
3) can people send you mail somehow? Example: if you're on my friend's list can I send you something? I'm wondering the best way to get fruit since I don't get access to the online features for very long during the day

How did you get them to contribute so much?!

I really should have had some of you guys show up yesterday and take advantage, but by the time I saw how much they were it was 10:30 and the store was going to close soon. Plus, i have zero wifi unless I'm directly over the router for some reason (not sure if it's my second-hand 3DS or not - but it could explain why I walked through a mall full of kids and didn't get a streetpass jingle). I need new fruit anyway, I'm sick of pears.

1. 10
2. The tours? That say easy? Yes, so you can unlock some decent tours with decent rewards. Also, join club Tortimer once it's possible.
3. If you're on each other's best friend list, you can send messages as long as both people are online. There's a chat log for that active play session only.
4. It helps if the plot is near where villagers actually walk. In an out of the way corner, you may get no contributions whatever.

Hi kids. Miss you. Just been busy and distracted. I keep peeking in though.

Marina tried to move last week, I denied her, and then I haven't logged back in. I suspect it'll be like that till the scorpions show up again. Just felt I got my town in a happy spot that I could tone back how much I played. I still plan on reaching 1000 hours though; sitting at 975-ish right now.

Oh, got my little Club Nintendo trading cards. They're pretty cute. Tinier than I expected.

And yeah, my villagers barely contributed to my PWPs as well. You guys helped me out more there than anything. :)

bengraven

1. 10
2. The tours? That say easy? Yes, so you can unlock some decent tours with decent rewards. Also, join club Tortimer once it's possible.
3. If you're on each other's best friend list, you can send messages as long as both people are online. There's a chat log for that active play session only.
4. It helps if the plot is near where villagers actually walk. In an out of the way corner, you may get no contributions whatever.

Mine is right in the middle, but far from anyone's house...it's along the way to the recycling center, though. But basically no where it will get heavy traffic.

Thanks for the answers!

Niraj

Hi kids. Miss you. Just been busy and distracted. I keep peeking in though.

Marina tried to move last week, I denied her, and then I haven't logged back in. I suspect it'll be like that till the scorpions show up again. Just felt I got my town in a happy spot that I could tone back how much I played. I still plan on reaching 1000 hours though; sitting at 975-ish right now.

Oh, got my little Club Nintendo trading cards. They're pretty cute. Tinier than I expected.

And yeah, my villagers barely contributed to my PWPs as well. You guys helped me out more there than anything. :)

Miss you too :'(

Top Bottom