• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing released XD

Shiggy

So, today Animal Crossing was released in good old Europe. (two years after the US launch)

What can you tell us about the PAL version? Is there anywhere a HAL Labs. logo? Is Super Mario Bros. included?

I'll buy it on the next few days.

ourumov

I am waiting to get my pay to go for it :)...I hope all the costumization made doesn't kill all the nice japanese ambience.

Some day, I'm going to start a new life in Animal Crossing...Or maybe I'll just wait for the Nintendo DS version? Seriously, I think I've put more time into Animal Crossing, than any other game this generation.

ourumov

Are you telling me it's not like the US one were tons of things were changed in order to make the game more appealing to the western masses ?

WOW, that would rock !!!!!!!!!!!

ourumov

What I mean is if we keep things as the "Sakura season" and other cool japanese holidays or if they did a conversion to European things.

So a bit of self-promotion for those new to the game. I made a program, Anicro Desapro, to assist with creating designs for the game. Takes your images as input, resizes them to 32x32, and shows how they'd best fit into the different color sets the game allows for.

3pheMeraLmiX said:
YOU made that program? That's awesome!

::shakes your hand::
Indeed. It is my claim to minor geek niche fame. :)

Something else I just realized. Depending on your location in the world, Animal Crossing would be eligible for Game of the Year 2001 (Japan), 2002 (North America), 2003 (Australia), and 2004 (Europe).

JoshuaJSlone said:
Indeed. It is my claim to minor geek niche fame. :)

Something else I just realized. Depending on your location in the world, Animal Crossing would be eligible for Game of the Year 2001 (Japan), 2002 (North America), 2003 (Australia), and 2004 (Europe).
and it should win all 4 :D

i know it was my 2002 GOTY

Top Bottom