Animated Diablo Series Coming to Netflix.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza
https://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/animated-diablo-series-netflix-1202952386/

It looks like Netflix could be adding an animated “Diablo” series to its original programming lineup.

Boom! Studios founder Andrew “Andy” Cosby tweeted on Wednesday that he’s in “final talks” to write and show-run the upcoming series from Activision and Netflix. “It’s very exciting and I hope to the High Heavens it all works out,” he said.

Cosby previously replied to a fan question that inquired as to whether he was involved with Netflix’s then-rumored “Diablo” show, who he had told to check back with him in the future. Unfortunately, the confirmatory tweet has since been deleted, hinting that this was news that likely will be announced in an official capacity at some point in the future.

Mar 16, 2009
I'm not expecting much. There's a lot of projects from Netflix based on pre existing properties that are only barely worth watching. Castlevania was ok but every other instance drawing on games or anime ranged from thoroughly mediocre to too awful to watch for more than 15 minutes.

Jul 21, 2016
The need to reboot the lore or at least start from the first cus Diablo III fucked over the lore.
They should ignore 3. D1 and D2 story is complete in itself without the part 3 crapping all over it. Has all the makings of a classic: tragic heroes (D1) , great party mix (D2) old wise man (Deckard) , atmospheric (Tristram) , ancient evil (Diablo) , grand finale (LoD Worldstone Chamber).

Nov 5, 2017
Denmark
They should ignore 3. D1 and D2 story is complete in itself without the part 3 crapping all over it. Has all the makings of a classic: tragic heroes (D1) , great party mix (D2) old wise man (Deckard) , atmospheric (Tristram) , ancient evil (Diablo) , grand finale (LoD Worldstone Chamber).
Agreed. But new age Blizzard wants us to forget their old games by saying they are only great because nostalgia, and the newer ones are much better.

Jun 3, 2013
Canada
I haven't really enjoyed anything produced by Netflix (and their constant stream of leftist stand up specials basically drove me to cancel my sub) I gave the Castlevania show a try, and the only thing I remember is that it was really boring and I didn't want to watch more than the first 2 episodes. Hopefully they do this one right.

Elcid

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2018
They can't help but fuck up storylines. Look at what WoW did to WC3...guess we'll find out when we get it, hopefully not Diablo 3 based but we all know it likely will be.

May 10, 2018
I've been talking with someone at work who started playing D3 again and can't help the feeling that i want to get back to it. A new season just begun, I haven't touched one of those games in a while, and I really loved diablo 3 gameplay no matter what people say, it was a welcome departure from the cookie mold, 2 viable build / character that was diablo 2.

Realistically optimistic about that show !

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2018
I haven't really enjoyed anything produced by Netflix (and their constant stream of leftist stand up specials basically drove me to cancel my sub) I gave the Castlevania show a try, and the only thing I remember is that it was really boring and I didn't want to watch more than the first 2 episodes. Hopefully they do this one right.
I ignore all the "comedy" specials but their animation output has been fantastic. Almost single handedly bringing back adult animation.

Fbh

Dec 6, 2013
That cool. I've always like the world of diablo more than the gameplay itself (I'm just not big on loot focused games)

Hopefully it's an actual full season and not just 4 episodes like Castlevania

Jan 7, 2018
Y'know what? Screw it. Let them make as many of these as they can. As long as they actually put some effort in, a la Castlevania, we should get something out of it.
There are countless worlds with diverse stories that could be told.

.... Doesn't all have to be anime though. Just sayan'.

-Edit: realised they didn't explicitly state this is anime. Pardon.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018
After their Castlevania show, I fully expect to learn the backstory of how Diablo was just looking for love and acceptance when those rascally druids picked his girl for sacrifice. It's all a misunderstanding.