• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANiMATiON DOMiNATiON |OT2| - Sundays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.
HpW77U3.jpg

ANIMATION DOMINATION kicks off this fall with an all-star lineup of guest voices on returning animated series THE SIMPSONS, BOB’S BURGERS, FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD premiering Sunday, Sept. 29 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

GivymjZ.jpg

8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT

8wTvM5g.jpg

Now the longest-running scripted show in television history, THE SIMPSONS immediately struck a chord with viewers across the country more than 20 years ago as it poked fun at itself and everything in its wake. With its subversive humor and delightful wit, the series – now entering its 24th season – has made an indelible imprint on American pop culture, and the family members have become television icons.

The Simpsons reside in the town of Springfield. HOMER (Dan Castellaneta) works as a safety inspector at the local nuclear power plant; MARGE (Julie Kavner) tries to keep the peace in her family; BART (Nancy Cartwright) is the mischievous 10-year-old hellion; eight-year-old LISA (Yeardley Smith) is the intelligent, saxophone-playing, vegetarian member of the family; and baby MAGGIE conveys emotions via pacifier sucks.

in this season, Homer sells his Mapple stock to buy a bowling ball, Marge blames herself and KISS for Bart's rebellious streak, Lisa becomes a cheerleader for Springfield's football team, and Homer delivers a baby. Guest stars for this season will include Christiane Amanpour, Will Arnett, Stan Lee, Rachel Maddow, Elisabeth Moss, Joe Namath, Gordon Ramsay, Aaron Sorkin, Eva Longoria, Daniel Radcliffe, Kristen Wiig, Billy West, Katey Sagal, John DiMaggio, Phil LaMarr, Zach Galifianakis, Harlan Ellison, Anderson Cooper, Maurice LaMarche, and Judd Apatow.

bQZEHut.jpg

8:30-9:00 PM ET/PT

Ja8hz8n.jpg

The animated comedy BOB’S BURGERS serves up a char-broiled fourth season.

Nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Animated Program in 2013, as well as in 2012, the cult-hit series about a man, his family and their burger joint follows the ups and downs of BOB (H. Jon Benjamin), who runs Bob’s Burgers with the help of his wife and their three kids. Bob has big ideas about burgers, but his family falls short on service. Despite the greasy counters and lousy location, Bob and his family are determined to make every “Grand Re-Re-Re-opening” a success.

Bob’s wife, LINDA (John Roberts), stands by her man, though she’s easily distracted. Their eldest daughter, 13-year-old TINA (Dan Mintz), has minimal social skills and is a hopeless romantic. Middle child GENE (Eugene Mirman), the only boy in the family, is an aspiring musician with a thirst for life. LOUISE (Kristen Schaal) is the bunny ears-wearing youngest daughter with an off-kilter sense of humor that makes her somewhat of a liability in the kitchen – and with the public.

In the upcoming fourth season, Bob subs as a home-economics teacher at the kids’ school, Linda takes flying lessons, the family creates a local Super Bowl commercial for the restaurant, Bob gets in a war with some magicians, the kids set a trap for Santa, Tina crashes a Bat Mitzvah and Bob saves the entire town. The fourth season will feature guest voices from some of the tastiest names in comedy, including Molly Shannon, Bobcat Goldthwait and Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, as well as returning guest voices Kevin Kline, Megan Mullally, Ken Jeong, Rob Huebel, John Michael Higgins, Will Forte, Paul F. Tompkins, Sarah and Laura Silverman, and Zach Galifianakis.

This past spring, the cast of BOB’S BURGERS launched its first-ever multi-city comedy tour, BOB’S BURGERS LIVE!, visiting venues in San Diego, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland and Seattle.

HwU1eOy.jpg

9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT

hHO0Iip.jpg

Entering its 11th season, FAMILY GUY continues to entertain fans with its shocking humor, memorable cutaway gags, dazzling musical numbers and epic episodes. Since its debut, the series has reached cult status among fans, and its breakout star, a talking baby, has become one of the greatest TV characters of all time. FAMILY GUY has racked up numerous awards, including an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Comedy Series, only the second animated series in television history to be honored with such a distinction. The series’ lead voice actors, creator Seth MacFarlane (voice of “Brian Griffin,” “Peter Griffin” and “Stewie Griffin”) and Alex Borstein (voice of “Lois Griffin” and “Tricia Tawanaka”), recently received 2013 Emmy Award nominations for Outstanding Voice-Over Performance.

The show follows the adventures of an endearingly ignorant dad, PETER GRIFFIN (Seth MacFarlane), and his hilariously odd family of middle-class New Englanders in Quahog, RI. LOIS (Alex Borstein) is Peter’s wife, a stay-at-home mom with no patience for her family’s antics. Then there are their kids: 18-year-old MEG (Mila Kunis) is an outcast at school and the Griffin family punching bag; 13-year-old CHRIS (Seth Green) is a socially awkward teen who doesn’t have a clue about the opposite sex; and one-year-old STEWIE (MacFarlane) is a diabolically clever baby whose burgeoning sexuality is very much a work in progress. Rounding out the Griffin household is BRIAN (MacFarlane), the family dog and a ladies man who is one step away from AA.

In the upcoming season, the Griffins embark on a hilarious trip to Italy, Peter discovers that he has a vestigial twin growing out of his neck and a love triangle emerges between Stewie, Brian and Stewie’s teddy bear, Rupert. Also, Peter and deviant neighbor QUAGMIRE (MacFarlane) become a singing/songwriting team, in the vein of Simon & Garfunkel.

Guest voices scheduled for the 11th season include Conan O’Brien, Jeff Daniels, Michelle Dockery, Tony Sirico, Yvette Nicole Brown and Gary Cole.

9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT

yiAWcYp.jpg

4wQOLe3.jpg

AMERICAN DAD follows staunch GOP supporter and CIA agent STAN SMITH (Seth MacFarlane) and the misadventures of his unconventional family in Langley Falls, VA. The series returns this fall for a 10th and final season on FOX.

Stan’s blissfully unaware wife, FRANCINE (Wendy Schaal), has an unfaltering loyalty that allows her to turn a blind eye toward Stan’s unabashed arrogance. Meanwhile, Stan constantly butts heads with his 18-year-old left-wing activist daughter, HAYLEY (Rachael MacFarlane), who knows just how to push her father’s buttons, whether it’s by helping the homeless, demanding women’s rights or advocating gun control. Hayley’s 14-year-old brother is the geeky yet cocky STEVE (Scott Grimes), a kid who spends his time playing video games and obsessing about the opposite sex.

The Smith cabinet is rounded out by two rather unconventional members. There’s the sassy and sarcastic space alien ROGER (Seth MacFarlane), who lives in the attic, loves to play dress-up and ran for U.S. President in 2012; and KLAUS (Dee Bradley Baker), an attention-starved goldfish with the brain of a German guy who always throws in his two cents regardless of whether anyone is listening.

This screwball family full of radically different personalities is just trying to figure out how to love and trust one another in a bi-partisan world. And with a guy like Stan in charge of national security, it’s guaranteed to be one wacky ride.

In the upcoming 10th season, the Smiths are back with more mischief and mayhem. Steve and Snot (guest voice Curtis Armstrong) try to up their “cool factor” by using the CIA’s cloning machine to manufacture super-hot prom dates; a poltergeist that resembles Francine haunts the Smith family home; and Steve tries to prove his masculinity to everyone by joining Stan on the annual CIA camping trip. Guest voices visiting Langley Falls this season include Becki Newton, Cloris Leachman, Ellie Kemper, Alison Brie, Jane Krakowski, John Cho, Olivia Wilde, T.J. Miller, Zooey Deschanel, Terry Crews and Stanley Tucci.

POSTERS

TT8rQKG.jpg
m2P6475.jpg
kkPKPo1.jpg
pe0CQJB.jpg

PROMO
Facebook
Twitter

Dram

This has probably been asked a lot, but why did the Cleavland Show fail? Was it just not funny?

animus82

Banned
This has probably been asked a lot, but why did the Cleavland Show fail? Was it just not funny?

To be honest I didn't find it too funny. It has some smile moments but nothing hilarious. Bobs burgers isn't too great eitther.

TBH I think the writing team at Family Guy that was split apart for the other shows hurt the overall writing of the three shows.

American Dad is their funniest show now.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Er, OP...correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your synopsis for this season of The Simpsons from last season? The upcoming season is Season 25, and all of those episodes described in the synopsis already happened.

Tamanon

Banned
OK, Bob having a war with Magicians will be episode of the season, pencil it in now. Just the premise alone gives it the best shot.

Have they decided how they're burning off The Cleveland Show? Actually, are there even episodes in the can? Won't be missed by me, but curious. American Dad makes the switch to TBS next year?

jred2k

OK, Bob having a war with Magicians will be episode of the season, pencil it in now. Just the premise alone gives it the best shot.

My early vote would be for the SuperBowl commercial episode. It'll put all the characters in to a situation where there weirder tendencies can really come out. It might end up being similar to the episode with Beefsquatch. Bob battling with magicians reminds me of the Moody Foodie episode for some reason.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Yes so happy this is back, returning on my birthday too!
Might give bob burgers another try, constantly saw people in the last thread talking about it but the bits that I saw a while back wern't funny at all

So now that The Cleveland Show has been cancelled, will Cleveland return to Quahog?

I guess it would be a continuity issue if Cleveland showed up all of a sudden without his family, right?

B.K.

I guess it would be a continuity issue if Cleveland showed up all of a sudden without his family, right?

They can do a Dallas style opening during an episode where Cleveland wakes up and realizes that The Cleveland Show was all just a dream and he's back in Quahog and Cleveland Jr. is still think and hyper.

Raxus

They can do a Dallas style opening during an episode where Cleveland wakes up and realizes that The Cleveland Show was all just a dream and he's back in Quahog and Cleveland Jr. is still thin and hyper.

The only problem is they would have to explain the several crossover Family guy bits they did. Unless all of Family Guy is one bad dream, then I'd believe it.

Just American Dad and Bob's Burgers.

But really I am just watching for Bob's Burgers.

MoxManiac

I think you guys are overcomplicating the Cleveland thing. All they have to do is make a 4th wall joke about his show failing and move on.

I don't know where American Dad is being discussed, but I just saw the episode from last season "Lost in Space." It was awesome! I'm thoroughly impressed.

Roger's home "world" makes so much sense. The emperor is great, as was the slave welcomer guy. I thought they would either copy-cat Roger or try desperately to outdo him, but they managed to have distinct personalities.

The story was interesting. The imagery was great. The music was fantastic, from the ambient sounds to the great Pink Floyd-esque Summoner song.

HpW77U3.jpg

3zo8j9Q.jpg

GivymjZ.jpg

FXb6sS5.png

Homerland

Homer starts to act strangely polite after returning from a Springfield Nuclear Power Plant convention, prompting a suspicious Lisa to ask an intense FBI agent named Annie Crawford (Kristen Wiig) to help her solve this mystery.

PREVIEW

TWO BEAUTIFUL WOMEN

bQZEHut.jpg

A River Runs Through Bob

UXLPIzk.jpg

Bob, Linda and the kids go on a camping adventure and face the perils of nature...and Bob's intestines. Braving wild river rapids, eager squirrels and parent/child separation, the Belchers prove they are worth their mettle.

HwU1eOy.jpg

Finder's Keepers

0BrU7m8.jpg

Peter is convinced that a restaurant placemat is a treasure map. Word quickly spreads about the alleged cache, sparking a city-wide search and turning the citizens of Quahog against each other.

Steve and Snot's Test-Tubular Adventure

ScKRJJ3.jpg

yBT8Ojq.jpg

Thwarted in their efforts to secure dates for the upcoming high school prom, Steve and Snot (guest voice Curtis Armstrong) turn to the CIA's cloning machine to churn out two willing ladies. But, when the device produces two uber-fast-growing newborn babies, the boys must break out their fathering skills to ready them in time for prom night. Meanwhile, Stan takes home the CIA's cloned pet, Daren the Dodo, with disastrous consequences.

Bathroom Break
Perfect DNA Specimen

B.K.

I wish the new seasons didn't start tonight. I want to watch American Dad, but there's no way I'm missing the Breaking Bad finale.

Dishwalla

Banned
Is this episode telling me Boise turns people into terrorists? I'm from Boise, but I'm also in the US Navy.

This episode is fucked.

edit: Okay, it turned into hippies. Hippies in Idaho, ha. Red state and all, even if Boise is pretty blue. Even then, the "hippies" in Boise don't drive VW Buses, they drive Volvos, and they mainly stick around Hyde Park and the Co-op.

That Family Guy episode was terrible. Only funny scene was that last part of the episode with the shrimp.

I hope American Dad can redeem this night for me.

Dishwalla

Banned
I'll never understand the internet's love for American Dad, it's so awful. This is just as unfunny as Family Guy and The Simpsons was tonight.

HpW77U3.jpg

OCTOBER 6 **UPDATED**

QtU6H3y.jpg

u4HZxjo.jpg

Treehouse of Horror XXIV

Oh The Places You’ll D’oh,

In the first of three spine-tingling stories, Homer rides around Springfield wreaking havoc as “The Fat in The Hat” in a rhyming Dr. Seuss-ian tale.

Dead and Shoulders

Bart is beheaded during a kite accident, his head is attached to Lisa’s body and they must live together as one.

Freaks no Geeks

The final terrifying tale, features Mr. Burns’ traveling circus, The Burnsum and Bailey Circus, which has stopped in Springfieldland in the 1930s. Trapeze artist Marge and Strong Man Homer are performers and things go awry when circus freak Moe starts to make advances towards Marge.

Couch Gag by Guillermo Del Toro

bQZEHut.jpg

Fort Night

62QBb2j.jpg

The kids accidentally get trapped in their fort made out of a couple of refrigerator boxes.

Boxed In Promo
Halloween Prep

HwU1eOy.jpg

Vestigial Peter

tq84uHV.jpg

Peter discovers that he has a vestigial twin, whom he names Chip, growing out of his neck. It's not long before Peter resents the fact that everyone seems to love Chip more than him, so he decides to amputate his twin. However, when Peter gets into trouble, he realizes he needs Chip more than ever.

Poltergasm

ScKRJJ3.jpg

uIr2l78.jpg

Francine's "Poltergasm" starts to haunt the Smith household when she is unsatisfied by Stan in the sack, and Roger must conjure a medium named Zelda Rubinstein to help eliminate the ghost. Meanwhile, Hayley introduces her new boy-toy, Mauricio to the family.

Akahige

just finished last weeks American Dad, the raising of clones from infant to teenagers to fuck them was very fucked up, liked the Blade Runner parody though.

Here we go! I didn't think last year's Halloween episode was that bad, so hopefully this one can continue to be good after that intro...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom