• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime japan 2014 SONY VR allow you to step into anime ( into im@s 765 office)

Shingro

The twist is that -instead of being moe- everything is Saya No Uta.

Ah lets not kid ourselves, the reason moe took off is because moe-lovers will spend like hell, and that means they're going to be there for VR which means a really solid moe market.

I can hear the chant already...

"MOE LA REVOLUTION~!!!"

looking forwards to it!

mjontrix

It seems the future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

tumblr_mzet7lfbb71tpt0tio1_500.png

With the flood of HMD our dreams are coming closer!

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=792407

antibolo

Banned
i'm okay with that.jpg

Seriously, this will take lovecraft TRPG to the next level if they implement that shit.
Insanity goes zero? Prepare for some insane shit going on your screen!

Even better would be some fourth wall breaking stuff, Eternal Darkness style.

[engaging lethal electrocution to wearer in 5 seconds...]

Well, as a fan of anime and cute anime characters, I'm certainly very happy to see virtual reality embraced by more and more anime fans.

I would really like to live in cute virtual anime worlds. The real world isn't so wonderful and it's full of sadness and meanness and other flaws.

I really hope that Virtual Reality really influences the development of MMORPGs in Japan and South Korea. I want to have the body of my dreams, and build beautiful houses for myself, and live around like-minded people. A place where I can surround myself with everything in the world that makes me happy, and shut out everything that makes me sad. Like some of the mean and closed minded people on NeoGAF. :/

Well, as a fan of anime and cute anime characters, I'm certainly very happy to see virtual reality embraced by more and more anime fans.

I would really like to live in cute virtual anime worlds. The real world isn't so wonderful and it's full of sadness and meanness and other flaws.

I really hope that Virtual Reality really influences the development of MMORPGs in Japan and South Korea. I want to have the body of my dreams, and build beautiful houses for myself, and live around like-minded people. A place where I can surround myself with everything in the world that makes me happy, and shut out everything that makes me sad. Like some of the mean and closed minded people on NeoGAF. :/

That world would be a delusion.
Come back to reality bro. Happiness and sadness are both parts of life :)

Piccoro

... Is, is there something wrong, HolyBaikal?...

I agree that it will be cool to escape into a virtual world every now and then, but the real world is just as cool. We can enjoy both! ^_^

Well, the only thing that is important to me is doing and being a part of things that I love. Whether it's a reality or a fantasy doesn't matter to me. One of the things I didn't like about the plot of Final Fantasy Tactics Advance was that Marche, was insistent on bringing his friends back to reality, even though they were much happier as they were.

I think that reality is what you make of it, you don't have to be interacting with real things for them to have meaning. And whether something is created with carbon or is just electronics in a virtual world, these things can both be real in their own ways. If someone makes a piece of art, whether it's on paper or only exists in a computer, it's both equally real. Only happiness is what matters. Does it really matter if what one is enjoying is real? I think that the lines between reality and fantasy and the online world will become blurred, anyway. There won't only be a lot of virtual reality everywhere, but augmented reality.

I think that living in the real world and virtual worlds can both be great. I want to completely change the way the real world looks with augmented reality, too. And change everything I see around me that makes me sad and replace it with something that makes me happy. And I want to get surgery and have the body I've always dreamed of having in the real world, too. I'd like to spend all day doing fun things and in happy raves and doing things I love in the real world, too.

I'm happy enough with both. But there are things I'd like to be able to do in a virtual world, and I'd like to take a vacation from the real world. I kind of wish my body was the way I would like it to be. It's really hard to have the body I would like to have in real life.

I don't think that real life is necessarily better than virtual worlds, though. Whether or not you like real life or virtual worlds better.

I'm also regretting coming back to NeoGAF a little bit. It is kind of reminding me of how sad real life can be right now. Going into that 'racial preferences' thread brought back a lot of bad memories for me that I had tried to get away from for several years. And it seems like in a lot of the threads I'm going to, it's very nasty. And everyone is ridiculing and calling awful things to everything I love and makes me happy. It makes me sad whenever I come in another thread and things I love are being put down and called creepy. So while I'm pretty happy, I after a month of being gone, I kind of regret coming back to NeoGAF just a little bit right now. So I think I may end up taking a break and leaving again for a few months.

I thought it would be fun to come in and express my feelings and opinions and what I love again. But as it turns out it just kind of made me sad and think about a lot of sad things. I think I'm pretty fine, but I may be in a less than perfect mood because I'm sad from the things I've read and thought here on NeoGAF right now. I probably went to the wrong threads, too, hehe.

But I'm perfectly fine, thank you. And I don't think that there's anything wrong with wanting to live in a virtual world. My disposition is that I'm happy when I'm around things and people that make me happy, and sad when I'm around things and people that make me sad. I think that's normal and how most people feel. Virtual and augmented reality would allow me to be around things that make me happy all the time, and less often around things that make me sad. And so I think that's great.

Sorry for the long-winded response.

Piccoro

I understand you completely, HolyBaikal.
I agree that a virtual world is as real as the real world, it only depends of the person that's experiencing it. (This actually remind me of The Matrix, lol).
We have to try and do things/be with like-minded people that makes us happy, couldn't agree more. Life's too short for dramas IMO.

About GAF: Like many other forums/online lobbies/whatever, each person has its own opinion. We can't let other people's opinions get to us. And I think it is important to have friends IRL/Online/wherever to discuss and talk about what's troubling us, etc.
All I'm saying is: please try not to take everything so seriously,and please give GAF a chance! ^-^

Proven

1. You have good intentions in your post, but it's ironic that your username is Psycho Mantis.

2. Do what I do and stay away from Off-Topic. It helps a bit.

Top Bottom