• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Oil Spill Being Reported in the Gulf of Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_z

lightless_shado said:
haven't people in europe been paying MORE than that for a while?

in any case this won't affect me that much. I don't drive that often.

we are getting close to that in canada as well. americans are spoiled when it comes to gas prices.

lightless_shado said:
Aren't there cars out there that are completely powered by electricity?

yea but they suck. you cant go very far with them and charging takes a long time. if your life style is so that an all electric car is more than enough then you should be taking public transport instead.

DonMigs85

15.jpg

Well I just renewed my student yearly pass for the local system. Freaking sucks because after this year I will have to pay 300 dollars a year even with my work subsidy.

I'm fairly certain high gas prices are here to stay. I plan to get a new car even though I will be using public transportation a lot since I live in Dallas, but for sure gas mileage is at the top of my list in priorities.

sinxtanx

So, has it been confirmed as oil yet, or is it something else entirely?

Nanomachines set to "RAPE AND PLUNDER"

Misanthropy said:
Ummmm....We don't really use nuclear energy for our cars and transportation. We use oil. Also cars can't harness nuclear power since cars don't have nuclear reactors and electrical cars get their energy mostly from coal and renewable energy plants. Just thought I'd let you know. :D

How do you know where electrical cars get their energy from?

Enron

Banned
None of us are experts of course, but it doesn't look like the pics of the oil from the Deepwater Horizon at least.

596018-deepwater-horizon-spill.jpg

DarkKyo

4jraF.jpg

why? whhhyyyy
It was destiny for the entire planet to be fucked repeatedly by corporations until the end of the plague that is humanity.

madara

2020 we get off this shit permanently and find something else for plastic/energy. Yeah pipedream but cripes we'd need a breakthrough in science here.

madara said:
2020 we get off this shit permanently and find something else for plastic/energy. Yeah pipedream but cripes we'd need a breakthrough in science here.

We already have alternatives for both, actually.
Especially plastic.

RobertM

lightless_shado said:
haven't people in europe been paying MORE than that for a while?

in any case this won't affect me that much. I don't drive that often.
Sure they have, but at the same time they have better transportation.

Although people say it doesn't look like oil, I'm sure I remember seeing stuff similar to that in the BP leak, but maybe it could be a natural release, have there been any earthquakes around there too?

looks like oil after treated with dispersants. maybe some aftereffects from the BP spill?
we know that most of the BP oil is still present at the ocean floor. could it suddenly emerge again?
fucking hell

how long till gulf of mexico becomes a rotting and stinking cesspool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom