• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another Wii UBISoft Quality UBISoft Wii Game From UBISoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankT

Adumaha said:
358o391.gif

:lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Lightning said:
I love it when Wii fans complain about graphic quality. The Wii system is all about it's unique control system, I couldn't give a crap about the graphics when playing Wii games.

I don't care about graphics in general but with the Wii it's more laughable.

I agree with this. Let's wait and see how this turns out before declaring it a botched Ubi game.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
kbear said:
Dude, did you read my post? The fuck?

dude, have you ever heard the phrase "damning with faint praise"??

kbear

schuelma said:
dude, have you ever heard the phrase "damning with faint praise"??
Games going for realistic styles like BiA simply aren't going to look good on Wii. Games like Zack & Wiki, Mad World, etc., avoid the technical shortcomings by using unique art styles. Realistic games just aren't going to look good due to the hardware. If it plays well enough, why does it even matter? Stop being so defensive over nothing.

Sharp said:
He's right, it doesn't look much worse than the average third-party Wii game.
Exactly.. it doesn't even look that bad. Compare it to the shovelware and it looks pretty damn nice.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Look out, everyone's piling on Ubi now. :lol
Games going for realistic styles like BiA simply aren't going to look good on Wii. Games like Zack & Wiki, Mad World, etc., avoid the technical shortcomings by using unique art styles. Realistic games just aren't going to look good due to the hardware. If it plays well enough, why does it even matter? Stop being so defensive over nothing.

Bullshit. There were plenty of good looking realistic games on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

Teknoman

chubigans said:
I agree with this. Let's wait and see how this turns out before declaring it a botched Ubi game.

Still the Wii is definatly capable of better "realistic" style graphics than that. That im sure of... but I still need to see it in motion.

rakka

kbear said:
Games going for realistic styles like BiA simply aren't going to look good on Wii.
no shit, though that doesn't explain why this would still look like dogshit were it on the gc/ps2.

kbear

Also, how do we know it's not 60 fps? If it's 60 fps, the visuals should get a break from all this criticism.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Just as an aside, Ubi's Event forum (where all the anger was concentrated) has been removed. :lol

Sharp

kbear said:
Also, how do we know it's not 60 fps? If it's 60 fps, the visuals should get a break from all this criticism.
Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy were both 60fps, so that's not really a great argument.

Cipherr

BorkBork said:
Look out, everyone's piling on Ubi now. :lol

Bullshit. There were plenty of good looking realistic games on PS2, Xbox and Gamecube.

Came to say the same. Saying any realistic game CANT look decent on the Wii is completely ridiculous.

Really you're not going to see anything more out of a Wii game that requires multiplayer, AI, those type of environments, etc.

It looks ugly and shit but really that's pretty much all you can do with Brothers in Arms on the Wii.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
kbear said:

I'm sorry, but you've previously shown absolutely zero interest in owning a Wii or playing its games so your post came off to me a bit suspcious. If you honest to goodness think this is a decent looking game with potential...well, more power to you.

kbear

Sharp said:
Metroid Prime 3 and Mario Galaxy were both 60fps, so that's not really a great argument.
Aren't those more stylized games, though? I'm just going by media.. never played 'em.

Sharp

kbear said:
Aren't those more stylized games, though? I'm just going by media.. never played 'em.
MP3 has a fairly realistic style, and Mario Galaxy, though stylized, isn't really hiding behind the stylization--the textures and effects are extremely impressive. You should really try Galaxy, by the way--justifies the cost of a Wii.

I don't understand the hate.

GBX has been pretty open saying it would be just a port of the XBOX/PS2 games with Wii Controls and features now.. Not really any graphical improvements.

kbear

Sharp said:
MP3 has a fairly realistic style, and Mario Galaxy, though stylized, isn't really hiding behind the stylization--the textures and effects are extremely impressive. You should really try Galaxy, by the way--justifies the cost of a Wii.
I'm seriously considering one in the Fall as a compliment to my 360. It all depends on what Nintendo announces at E3 / whatever major game show. If their biggest announcements are more casual stuff like Wii Fit / Wii Music / Wii Pottery, I'm gonna pass. Third party announcements are gonna be important too but I'm not expecting much hardcore stuff being announced from them.

513e1b617e0900ee85e59de1ec5f3a5a20080609165312.jpg
5eva5w.jpg

77adbd52786aee78366a8281dbf50bde20080609165312.jpg
11sju9s.jpg

Wii (left) vs. Xbox (right)

At least they're somewhat comparable. Wii appears to have better textures, while Xbox has softer edges (aliasing?). Still, when we're already a year and a half into the Wii generation, shouldn't we be expecting more?

agrajag

Banned
I love how in the last gen no one said "man, the tech isn't there yet to do realistic graphics. All the games should be super stylized because any game that attempts realism is going to look like shit on PS2, Gamecube and X Box." Yet when a system that is somewhat more powerful than those three comes out, it is deemed that it isn't fit for realistic graphics all of a sudden.

Why do people treat the Wii like it's fucking N64?

re4-3.jpg

rogue-squadron-rebel-strike-2.jpg

The hell were Capcom and Factor 5 thinking? They should've gone for a cartoony stylized look instead.

VAIL

kbear said:
I'm seriously considering one in the Fall as a compliment to my 360. It all depends on what Nintendo announces at E3 / whatever major game show. If their biggest announcements are more casual stuff like Wii Fit / Wii Music / Wii Pottery, I'm gonna pass. Third party announcements are gonna be important too but I'm not expecting much hardcore stuff being announced from them.

Only if it comes with it's own wheel.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
agrajag said:
I love how in the last gen no one said "man, the tech isn't there yet to do realistic graphics. All the games should be super stylized because any game that attempts realism is going to look like shit on PS2, Gamecube and X Box." Yet when a system that is somewhat more powerful than those three comes out, it is deemed that it isn't fit for realistic graphics all of a sudden.

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/re4-3.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.armchairempire.com/images/Reviews/gamecube/rogue-squadron-iii-rebel-strike/rogue-squadron-rebel-strike-2.jpg[IMG]

The hell were Capcom and Factor 5 thinking? They should've gone for a cartoony stylized look instead.[/QUOTE]

See the problem is that the Wii is suppose to be more powerful then the Gamecube. Which of course brings up the question why there are so many games that look worse then Gamecube games

SabinFigaro said:
Wii (left) vs. Xbox (right)

At least they're somewhat comparable. Wii appears to have better textures, while Xbox has softer edges (aliasing?). Still, when we're already a year and a half into the Wii generation, shouldn't we be expecting more?

From Ubisoft? I'm surprised that that didn't replace the guns with plungers, the blood with rainbows, and made it a game about pulling teeth.

Phthisis

grandjedi6 said:
See the problem is that the Wii is suppose to be more powerful then the Gamecube. Which of course brings up the question why there are so many games that look worse then Gamecube games

It was all a lie.

grandjedi6 said:

OF COURSE! Why didn't I realize that earlier?

It's obvious why Ubisoft continues to make such crappy games. They haven't unlocked the second Gamecube!

agrajag

Banned
grandjedi6 said:

Well, we can assume it is at least twice as powerful as Gamecube, since it is two Gamecubes taped together. rolleyes.gif

edit: beaten, damn

agrajag said:

re4-3.jpg

rogue-squadron-rebel-strike-2.jpg

The hell were Capcom and Factor 5 thinking? They should've gone for a cartoony stylized look instead.

This.

Some people say "oh but it's wii and wii is last gen so this is pretty much all it can do with realistic graphix."

But really, this dogshit looks worse than numerous PS2 games of its type, yet its on a system that's quite significantly more powerful. The two games above highlight this - those are GC games, and yet they still stomp all over whatever shit Ubisoft is presenting. Sure, give credit to Capcom and Factor 5 for the technical genius, but there's a point where it becomes less about talent and more about pride and actual effort.

Teknoman

_Alkaline_ said:
This.

Some people say "oh but it's wii and wii is last gen so this is pretty much all it can do with realistic graphix."

But really, this dogshit looks worse than numerous PS2 games of its type, yet its on a system that's quite significantly more powerful. The two games above highlight this - those are GC games, and yet they still stomp all over whatever shit Ubisoft is presenting. Sure, give credit to Capcom and Factor 5 for the technical genius, but there's a point where it becomes less about talent and more about pride and actual effort.

Finally more people have said it. Stop giving companies excuses to use. The Wii can make some damn nice looking games when people actually put forth some real effort.

Linkzg said:
It is a massive improvement over their previous Wii shooters.

rutduw.jpg

2h3d6k7.jpg

The hell? What game is that?

Also the Kamikaze Dogz really do fit well into the screenshot...thats what makes it so funny :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom