• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition coming on 3DS/Vita/WiiU/PS3/PS4/X1

Weird. That only happens for all VC games and naturally Nintendo-published games including on eShop like Dillion and whatnot, only all those are owned by them IIRC.

Yeah. I mean, Nintendo Australia is often listed as the 'applicant' for all sorts of third party eShop releases for whatever reason, but this clearly has Nintendo listed under the game's actual publisher.

Carnby

I wouldn't call the SNES music great. More like an overproduced, tacked on abomination. You may disagree because that's the version you played first and some subtle background music wouldn't necessarily be bad but the remake stays true to the original vision of the creator (=Amiga/Atari versions) and I prefer that over someone else tinkering with the game.

Well ...I think the game feels incomplete without the music.

AEREC

Nice...been wanting this on the vita. Keep trying to play it on my iPad but controls are a bit frustrating.

May bite on the 3DS version if the 3D is good too.

dani_dc

Another World:
1991: Amiga, Apple IIgs, Atari ST, DOS
1992: SNES, Genesis
1993: Macintosh
1994: 3DO, Windows 3.x
1994: Sega CD (Heart of the Alien: Out of this World parts I and II)

Phone version?
2005: Symbian

Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition:
2006: Windows

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition:
2011: iOS
2012: Android
2013: Ouya
2014: 3DS,Vita,WiiU,PS3,PS4 and X1.

I love the game, but ... c'mon.

edit: *sigh* if the price is right ($5), I'd be down for a vita version.

You forgot the PC release of the Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition last year.

With that said, nothing wrong with making a game available to as many platforms as possible, good for both users who only own some specific platforms (or have preferences) and the developers.

Top Bottom