• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't really sure what I was expecting. I figured it was mostly scenery shots, but thought maybe there would be an identifiable scene since they were "filming" for 15 hours after a day of principal photography.

Maybe pull some bystanders to be in the background or part of a crowd/scene.
possibly a chance to meet and greet with some people from the film... who knows.

I assume it wasn't anything like that.
I also didn't see a lot of updates in this thread, so I can only assume not too many GAFers showed up, or there just wasn't a whole lot to post about happening.

... I'm not lying I HAVE THAT JACKET (and yeah, I bought it here in SF though I doubt that part matters)

It's Boss Orange. has TONS Of pockets and shit. I love it. Was like $300.

As for the hoodie? Well, if they are trying to be authentic SF it might be from American Giant, but the zipper looks a little different, not sure.

Anyways, I got pretty close to the shoot today but couldn't get pics as good as the ones posted here. Either they snuck in good or they have much better zoom than what I'm carrying (a nice camera is definitely something I need to invest in, especially living here)

Holy shit! I was googling around after seeing the picture to figure out where I could buy it. Damn this is awesome. Thanks! I'll take a look around online.

strafer

10608145_738950119500332_1418847472_n.jpg

She's got her hair cut like Janet.

I hate that they're going with this Scott Lang bullshit.

Me too man. Me too. Hank + Jan is my jam.

Just think of it as an alternate universe like the ultimate universe.

Yep, if Hope basically IS Janet in personality and appearance then whatever, I can live with it. The Avengers just needs a character like Jan really bad. They can also transplant a lot of Pym's personality onto Lang if he is kinda supposed to be less cynical compared to Old Man Pym.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
The more I think about it, the angrier I am at Wright for fucking over Hank & Janet in the MCU. I wish they would have just scrapped his entire script and pushed back the movie.

Wazzy

Banned
Ugh. I really didn't want her as Wasp. I know I should give her a chance but I still think Rashida Jones would have been perfect if they just KEPT Janet still in the story as the main. I'll just have to wait and see how she is. :/

cant ant man also grow really big? or is that just in the ultimates universe

Yep he goes by Giant Man when he is big. He joked about "G.I.Ant-Man" at some point but it never caught on.

The more I think about it, the angrier I am at Wright for fucking over Hank & Janet in the MCU. I wish they would have just scrapped his entire script and pushed back the movie.

Yep it sucks big time. I wanted so badly for them both to appear in Avengers.

If Marvel basically supplants Scott & Hope as the "Hank & Jan" of the MCU Avengers I can live with it. Scott Lang is essentially a blank slate to me, I haven't really read any Ant-Man books or Marvel events where he played a big role so I don't know if there's any conflict there. But Hope can essentially just be made into Janet.

It's funny actually, if we get a "Scott & Hope" in the Avengers, considering the two important X-Men characters with the same names.

Rashida Jones and Paul Rudd together is just purely perfect.

GODDAMMIT.

No disrespect to Lilly, but come on! Rashida could have played Hope/Modern Wasp no big deal woulda been awesome and chemistry would have been craaaaazy

GODDAMMIT.

No disrespect to Lilly, but come on! Rashida could have played Hope/Modern Wasp no big deal woulda been awesome and chemistry would have been craaaaazy

Just from her previous work, I feel Rashida definitely would have nailed that almost-annoying peppy Wasp personality and really brought that dynamic to the team. I hope that's still the kind of character they want Hope to be.

I'm not a big fan of Lilly to be honest. I wasn't too impressed with Lilly's performance in The Hobbit. So I'm a little apprehensive. I hope she proves me wrong.

odiin

My Apartment, or the 120 Screenings of Salo

GODDAMMIT.

There's always the chance that she'll ask for more than minimum wage for the next movie and get replaced.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
http://badassdigest.com/2014/08/21/...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Some interesting info on Lilly's character:

Does the haircut and the name change indicate that Lilly is going to be playing The Wasp in this movie? Unless the script has changed drastically, no. She is certainly being set up for that role in the future, but before Peyton Reed came on the film Hope had no superheroing duties in the film. Reed - working with Adam McKay and other writers - may have changed that, but I suspect that the large adjustments to VFX would make that unlikely. Maybe we'll get a look at Lilly in a Wasp suit at the end of the movie, but take down the excitement for The Wasp one notch or so.

By the way, there have been some claims that Janet Van Dyne was 'fridged' before the movie opens. Again, I don't have working knowledge of the latest draft of the Ant-Man script, but previous drafts had her 'gone,' not dead. That's vague, and could mean Janet is lost in the Microverse, ready to show up in a future film. Also, technically speaking, having Hank Pym be a widower isn't the same as fridging Janet - there are specific things that go into fridging, and they're about using the death of a woman to motivate a male character.

Wazzy

Banned
I think Janet being "lost in the Microverse" is a safe assumption, it fits with what happened to her at the end of Secret Invasion when she was thought dead for some time. I don't think it will indicate that she could end up being The Wasp for The Avengers, I think she'll still have aged but she'll be healthy and alive and she'll be brought back to give some positive closure to Pym's arc in the movie.

I have a feeling that will be the big reveal at the end of the film, Janet will be back and she will "pass down" the role of The Wasp to her daughter Hope, like Hank passes down the Ant-Man suit to Scott. I don't expect Hope to suit up in this movie but I think they will definitely set her up to be The Wasp in a sequel or Avengers movie.

Wazzy

Banned
Except they already have a daughter together?

I think he meant as the main characters.

Marvel was never going to push Hank/Janet together for one slapple reason. Er, simple.

Oh I know. The abuse angle that was really gross. The only thing is, they didn't have to put it in the movie and when I looked into it apparently the controversial panel wasn't meant to be that way. I hate that they kept it and I've never really cared about Hank but I still think if they can push Reed and Sue then these two wouldn't be a problem, especially if that one panel was a mistake of the artists part.

Marvel was never going to push Hank/Janet together for one slapple reason. Er, simple.

Except they already have a daughter together?

Edit: oh gotcha.

I dunno I think that was just the angle Wright wanted, he wanted to make a movie that was about passing down one's legacy. He went with Scott because that's the Ant-Man he grew up with personally, and he found a way to make it work that made Marvel happy despite cutting two of their most beloved characters out of the Avengers team.

I bet the first movie will be about Lang using the suit to steal a McGuffin and the sequel will involve him journeying to the microverse after they learn Janet is trapped there. That is when Hope takes over as Wasp.

Sheroking

They didn't have a problem adapting alcoholic womanizing Tony Stark or baby eating cousin raping Hulk.

In fairness, "alcholic womanizer" is one of fictions favorite tropes. People like charming alcoholic womanizers. Wife beaters? Not so much.

I don't really give a shit about the Pym/Lang thing for one simple reason: Paul Rudd is more interesting than either character.

mreddie

I bet the first movie will be about Lang using the suit to steal a McGuffin and the sequel will involve him journeying to the microverse after they learn Janet is trapped there. That is when Hope takes over as Wasp.

I keep thinking everything will fall into place in one movie.

Didn't Hulk fuck She-Hulk in Old Man Logan?

What a terrible series.

God.

Anyways, yeah, I can see the Fox headlines now: "Marvel Adapts Wife Beater into Superhero, Liberalism."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom