• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antigraviator (Wipeout/F-zero-esque racer) kickstarter PC,XB1

yyr

So many of those and yet not a single one that even looks like the gameplay is inspired by F-Zero instead of Wipeout.

This.

Why can't even one of these be a spiritual successor to F-Zero?

I can appreciate WipEout, but I actually have *fun* with F-Zero.

Aonuma

So many of those and yet not a single one that even looks like the gameplay is inspired by F-Zero instead of Wipeout.

That's my problem. If this one had a few F-Zero mechanics I'd maybe be interested, but it's just another to throw onto the pile of same-y Wipeout clones.

BooJoh

If I've learned anything about futuristic racers, it's that you can't judge how they feel without actually playing them, which is why I'd unfortunately never kickstart one unless it was coming from a developer with a game I've enjoyed in the genre.

This basically looks like FAST with a different gimmick.

But with this, Fast RMX, Formula Fusion, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, who needs F-Zero anymore?

I do until someone can show me even a single racing game that actually feels like F-Zero.

KORNdoggy

I feel like we're getting too many of these now tbh. I mean, i do like futuristic racers, but theres like 7 out/in development.

Still, this does look pretty good, i'll maybe back it when the PS4 version is locked in. Not kickstarted a game in a while.

I don't see much of a physics engine going on here that compares to Wipeout. There's not really any lateral movement, the ships fly through the levels stiffly and happen to rotate when turning.

Atomski

Looks pretty neat but there's no way it'll hit its target. Plus with Wipeout Omega out in a couple of weeks it doesn't seem like very good timing really. Maybe Sony should contact one of these devs to make a proper sequel.
I doubt remasters of Wipeout is going to truly scratch the itch that would be a proper new Wipeout. It almost feels like a slap in the face. Want a new Wipeout? Here's a remaster of a remaster and a Vita port.

Top Bottom