• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any announcements for Tales of Vesperia PS3 - Stateside??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
lucablight said:
As I said before I think the real question is Why did they bother to release it at all? Why not simply release it in the U.S without region coding and let the Europeans who want to get it simply import it? They wouldn't have had to deal with licensing issues this way either.

Well, there must be something we dont know. Same for Persona 4, it was released here 4 months after the US. It only had the english audio/text that was in the US version, and was published by Square Enix here. And it was 50hz only on top of that.

Seems like the person who claimed Troy Baker said that they were called back to do re-recordings for a PS3 version was telling the truth.

The audio is really crap but here's a video of Troy Baker talking about the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia (starts at around 5:24).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7KrnBV9ZuQ#t=5m24s

Maybe this means Namco Bandai originally had plans to localise it but shelved any such plan?

lucablight said:
Seems like the person who claimed Troy Baker said that they were called back to do re-recordings for a PS3 version was telling the truth.

The audio is really crap but here's a video of Troy Baker talking about the PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia (starts at around 5:24).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7KrnBV9ZuQ#t=5m24s

Maybe this means Namco Bandai originally had plans to localise it but shelved any such plan?
It's possible. They recently had to let go a large number of people.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
i will continually believe it will come in Namdai's E3 conference. :(

VegaShinra

Can't really understand much of what is being said. Too bad the game wasn't released on the PS3 here. An E3 announcement would be awesome but is completely unexpected.

Aeana

Unfortunate, but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. I know that, at the very least, Tales of the Tempest was fully translated and they just didn't release it.

Hag

It hurts everytime I see this thread ):. I really hope some surprise like ToV US. I can dream right :lol

BluWacky

Aeana said:
Unfortunate, but it wouldn't be the first time that's happened. I know that, at the very least, Tales of the Tempest was fully translated and they just didn't release it.

Hahaha, really? That is awesome. I mean, Tempest is reputedly terrible (I've never brought myself to play it) so I guess they must have realised that it would flop badly at some point, but to go to all the effort to pay someone to translate it and THEN realise it won't sell?

Aeana

BluWacky said:
Hahaha, really? That is awesome. I mean, Tempest is reputedly terrible (I've never brought myself to play it) so I guess they must have realised that it would flop badly at some point, but to go to all the effort to pay someone to translate it and THEN realise it won't sell?
Well, it's what I heard. ASH also was mostly done, and even got ESRB rated, and was then never released either... but that's Nintendo, not Namco.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Did ASH and Tales of Tempest get good reviews and raves?

Well, Tales of Vesperia had good reviews and people really liked it. :p

Aeana

ULTROS! said:
Did ASH and Tales of Tempest get good reviews and raves?

Well, Tales of Vesperia had good reviews and people really liked it. :p
True, but Tales of Vesperia is already available in English, as well.

Aeana said:
Would be pretty funny if Hometek had localized all those tales games they registered the trademark but ended up not releasing them (Rebirth, Tempest, Innocence, Hearts, VS, Graces...more possibly given no need of trademark for some like Vesperia PS3 or Radiant Mythology 2).

I hope they paid johntv good even if they put his work to no use (if that was the case).

ULTROS!

Aeana said:
True, but Tales of Vesperia is already available in English, as well.

So's Tales of Symphonia.

:(

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Aeana said:
Namco even did some voice work for Tempest.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Also I had to chuckle when people in that video started talking about Vesperia PS3's European "announcement". Its amazing how much mileage and disortion internet rumors can get, particularly fake ones. Just the other day one of my friends was telling me about how she 'just' heard that Persona 5 was announced and that it would feature Aegis. Boy was she ever disappointed by what I had to tell her. :lol

kiryogi

Banned
Think I mentioned it before, but I got to talk to Troy as well back during Sakuracon and it's along the same lines. He claims he did go back and do something. But that there's been nothing else since then, and has no idea what they're doing besides sitting on it.

Edit: oh haha that vid is from sakuracon! I asked him at his autograph panel :lol

Lydecker

Neo Member
Some news concerning the western release of the PS3 version of the game :

A few months ago I replied to a fan who asked me why Tales of Vesperia wasn’t localized in Europe on my Facebook page. I replied that it was because of a Microsoft exclusivity, thinking that that was the reason why, even though I didn’t have any official information on that.

I was wrong to do so, and sadly my reply was relayed on many websites, thus sharing a false information to fans around the web.

I would like to send my sincere apologies to all the Tales Series fans I have wrongly informed, and Microsoft & Namco Bandai for any damage that might have been caused with this.

The same person said that if the PS3 version is still not available outside Japan it's due to the existance of an exclusivity contract between Namco and Microsoft so that the localization just can't be possible.

So who is the one to blame ? Namco or Microsoft ?

Abylim

I dont get it, the guy is saying he was wrong, and you're asking us to beleive him again about something different, then give an opinion based on it being true?

My opinion, dont trust whatever this guy says.

Lydecker

Neo Member
I was just wondering if there is not some kind of NDA, so the guy should not be able to talk about that contract.

Strange fact is Tales of Graces F will come in the US and EU, but Vesperia already had its own PS3 version too... but will probably never get a western release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom